PDA

View Full Version : endgame PvP class choice

Daft
08-13-2015, 11:43 PM
I recently switched from PL to AL and I've been playing heavily trying to make cash to gear a PvP toon. I've got up to around 7.5M and I plan on buying a nekro soon and don't know which class I'm going to place it on. I've capped a warrior and a rogue and I've got a little nub mage also.

My question is: Do mages/warriors stand a chance against rogues? I really enjoy warrior/mage more than rogue.

The question is 1v1 based because I know many will probably answer with "All characters have their roles"

All replies are welcome! Thanks guys :)

KnowledgeFTW
08-14-2015, 12:44 AM
Rouge > Warrior
Rouge > Mage
Rouge = Rouge

STS should find a way to rebalance the class system and give each class a role in PvP.

Daft
08-14-2015, 12:59 AM
This is the exact reply I was expecting and not wanting to see. Lol oh well I guess I'll suck it up and go rogue.

KnowledgeFTW
08-14-2015, 01:04 AM
^^ go farm them nabs

Robhawk
08-14-2015, 01:18 AM
My question is: Do mages/warriors stand a chance against rogues? I really enjoy warrior/mage more than rogue.

You dont need to know more then KnowledgeFTW post. Rogues are way op and a maxed out rogue with a liiiittlle skill is god mode!

Daft
08-14-2015, 02:27 AM
It really does suck because I love mage and warrior. I don't see why they can't balance it a bit better. Giving the excuse that mages are "support" and tanks are tanks isn't good enough. Doesn't mean that they shouldn't be able to beat a rogue 1v1. Just my opinion

Visiting
08-14-2015, 03:46 AM
AL PVP currently is meant to be team based (yet it fails abysmally), CTF and TDM are both games that are "team" games, TDM actually going so far as to put it in the name (Team Death Match). While I get that the 1v1 room thing is coming sometime in the future (yet another abysmal failure in the making IMHO), at this point in AL, the 1v1 capabilities of a class don't really matter unless you're going to ignore the very foundation of the PVP types currently in AL. People will cry that rogues are OP when they lose a 1v1 to a rogue and they aren't a rogue, which makes little sense to me in general, they lose to the class optimized solely to deal single target damage in a fight where they ARE THE SINGLE TARGET, and their class is clearly meant for another purpose, which that purpose shines in a TEAM based mode, like perhaps CATPURE THE FLAG or TEAM DEATH MATCH. So, before you go with rogue for 1v1 domination, maybe you should stick with your preferred class and get into the team aspect of it all :)
(Sorry for the rant :()

Ssneakykills
08-14-2015, 04:12 AM
Hey,

Add me in game I'm also a pocket legends cross over. If it's pvp you want I'd highly recommend a good twink level to partake in and is cheaper imo than endgame. If you like to pve just as much as pvp then I'd gear a endgame toon like you are doing. All the other classes are very viable at lower levels and as a Mage for example you can kill rogues and warriors at L15-16. But yes rogues are the most op class in Al same as bear is right now in pl.

Daft
08-14-2015, 10:46 AM
AL PVP currently is meant to be team based (yet it fails abysmally), CTF and TDM are both games that are "team" games, TDM actually going so far as to put it in the name (Team Death Match). While I get that the 1v1 room thing is coming sometime in the future (yet another abysmal failure in the making IMHO), at this point in AL, the 1v1 capabilities of a class don't really matter unless you're going to ignore the very foundation of the PVP types currently in AL. People will cry that rogues are OP when they lose a 1v1 to a rogue and they aren't a rogue, which makes little sense to me in general, they lose to the class optimized solely to deal single target damage in a fight where they ARE THE SINGLE TARGET, and their class is clearly meant for another purpose, which that purpose shines in a TEAM based mode, like perhaps CATPURE THE FLAG or TEAM DEATH MATCH. So, before you go with rogue for 1v1 domination, maybe you should stick with your preferred class and get into the team aspect of it all :)
(Sorry for the rant :()

Yeah I definitely understand where you're coming from. I came from PL and a big part of that game was 1v1 and I loved that aspect. The 1v1 arena sounds awesome imo. No team vs just me and another person. But I also like team fights/ffa so yeah I see your view on it.

Daft
08-14-2015, 10:48 AM
Hey,

Add me in game I'm also a pocket legends cross over. If it's pvp you want I'd highly recommend a good twink level to partake in and is cheaper imo than endgame. If you like to pve just as much as pvp then I'd gear a endgame toon like you are doing. All the other classes are very viable at lower levels and as a Mage for example you can kill rogues and warriors at L15-16. But yes rogues are the most op class in Al same as bear is right now in pl.

I'll add you my current ign is scarydamage

Oursizes
08-14-2015, 12:06 PM
Mages and warriors do stand a chance if the rogue isnt geared to their level. Mages can stunlock you with fire and nekro/sam/breeze. So can tanks with ss. That -25% armor debuff is op. So if the mage or tank is better geared then yeah they can easy kill the rogue. Especially now since mage shield give stun immunity sam panic is useless unless you can time it right before their shield is up which makes it fail. Im not sure about mages/tanks vsing max gear rogues as im not maxed yet. Someone else can give better input on that

Trenton
08-14-2015, 12:22 PM
If you really do like mage and tank, I'd honestly try out mage. It's (my opinion of course) the most fun class for PvE at endgame, and it's an extremely easy class to solo. PvP aspect of course is not as great as a rogue, but it certainly does give a challenge and if you master it, you can be deadly. Find some videos here in the PvP section of mages fighting and different clashes, watch the mage in the clash. I find it the most fun class and I'm not that great at PvP xD

If you're to gear up a mage at endgame, craft a Nekro for 4m, buy an arcane ring, boulder barrel of brutality, the new purple armor/helm, (Padded Brutality/Scavenger Brutality) pick up a decent amulet and you're good to go. 8m should be good enough to get you not maxed out, but greatly geared.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Robhawk
08-14-2015, 01:55 PM
If you're to gear up a mage at endgame, craft a Nekro for 4m, buy an arcane ring, boulder barrel of brutality, the new purple armor/helm, (Padded Brutality/Scavenger Brutality) pick up a decent amulet and you're good to go. 8m should be good enough to get you not maxed out, but greatly geared.

Thats nearly exactly my gear but no you are not ready for the good geared para/eye rogues, they just 1combo and gg.

Bunny♥
08-14-2015, 02:13 PM
I like using my mage atm, esp on a gw.

Kingofninjas
08-14-2015, 03:36 PM
If it's 1 vs 1 you want, a decent rogue will destroy any mage or tank in vs (usually). However, in clashes, which are a lot more fun IMO, rogues are food. Mages and tanks are a lot more useful, and the team with more tanks usually wins. If number if tanks are the same, the team with more mages wins.

Mylast
08-14-2015, 04:12 PM
If it's 1 vs 1 you want, a decent rogue will destroy any mage or tank in vs (usually). However, in clashes, which are a lot more fun IMO, rogues are food. Mages and tanks are a lot more useful, and the team with more tanks usually wins. If number if tanks are the same, the team with more mages wins.

Idk about - team with more tanks usually wins? O.o

Poslano sa mog GT-I9505 koristeći Tapatalk

Kingofninjas
08-14-2015, 04:49 PM

Anyone who regularly clashes can verify this for you.

Oursizes
08-15-2015, 08:04 AM

You can stack heals. If you have 5 tanks you generally never go below 70% health depending on the bracket youre in. Just use Horn every 4th second and youre good to go. And you will always have multiple enemies debuffed by -25% armor continuously. Lets not forget ss stun, and bleed. Then theres vb giving infinite mana and 25% more damage and crit(depending on bracket).

Mylast
08-15-2015, 08:06 AM
You can stack heals. If you have 5 tanks you generally never go below 70% health depending on the bracket youre in. Just use Horn every 4th second and youre good to go. And you will always have multiple enemies debuffed by -25% armor continuously. Lets not forget ss stun, and bleed. Then theres vb giving infinite mana and 25% more damage and crit(depending on bracket).
Idk honestly about endgame. More tanks in enemy team was not such a good line up in lvls I tryed.

Oursizes
08-15-2015, 09:09 AM
Idk honestly about endgame. More tanks in enemy team was not such a good line up in lvls I tryed.

You can never go wrong with 5 tanks.

Visiting
08-15-2015, 10:55 AM

Kapa and PR seem to go wrong with it pretty often.... :apologetic:

Mylast
08-15-2015, 12:00 PM
Yeah, you can. Its nice if 5 team tanks can stack a heal, but there is a tactic for that also.

We going off subject :)

Anyways, pick a warrior. There is a lot of people who cant understand how to do tanking. And especially if you like team fights, its extremly important to have at least 1 good tank. You can also pick a rogue, if you know who to target, when to target. Or be a mage cuz its very fun but dangerous. still, all they have their cons and pros, you just gonna see which class you understand. If you like your warrior, practice more with him. Tank is amazing class to play.

Oursizes
08-15-2015, 12:22 PM
Warrior is a very demanding class however @ the OP. You have to pay attention to everything that's going on, as well as your ENTIRE teams hp bar and buff icons(to make sure youre not stacking 2 heals together). But if you get good at it your guild will always call you to tank unless theres a higher level/better skilled/geared available.

Oursizes
08-15-2015, 12:24 PM
Kapa and PR seem to go wrong with it pretty often.... :apologetic:

I shouldve edited my post and said "You can never go wrong with 5 tanks as long as you can count to 3."

Arrowz
08-15-2015, 08:35 PM

At lvl 17 we farm 5 tanks

Oursizes
08-15-2015, 11:07 PM
At lvl 17 we farm 5 tanks

Then those 5 tanks cannot count to 3 or are all counting at the same time and using skills(horn) at same time.

AsHwín MP
08-16-2015, 07:02 AM
I think that u should certainly stick with a rogue for endgame PvP. A perfect geared rogue with nekro is super OP

Eldorado
08-22-2015, 02:53 AM
Go for rogue, do a little research here and even without asking us you will choose rogue. I have all class max out but use rogue more because it is op.I tried to use all class but the rogue really do have a special treatment on al. Just use rogue and try other class just for the experience.

KnowledgeFTW
08-23-2015, 12:43 AM
Scary nab! xD

Rouges are meant to be single-target killers, meaning you'll most likely lose in a 1 v 1 against a rouge. I also suggest to use rouge cause warriors and mages are not that good compared to rouge.

Btw @ Oursizes
5 tanks aren't OP at all xD I seen it in TDM today and they got wrecked by the other team with their rouges and nekros. Btw these tanks were max geared too.
A 5 mage party would be a disaster if going up against a 5 rouge party.

Oursizes
08-23-2015, 01:34 AM
Scary nab! xD

Rouges are meant to be single-target killers, meaning you'll most likely lose in a 1 v 1 against a rouge. I also suggest to use rouge cause warriors and mages are not that good compared to rouge.

Btw @ Oursizes
5 tanks aren't OP at all xD I seen it in TDM today and they got wrecked by the other team with their rouges and nekros. Btw these tanks were max geared too.
A 5 mage party would be a disaster if going up against a 5 rouge party.

Interesting.. I was in a clash against 5 tanks as well lol.. But its probably a different room

Devrail
08-25-2015, 10:00 AM
Warriors can beat rogues. If you are geared enough its not a problem. You just need to know their weak spot and when to heal yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk