PDA

View Full Version : New player: Please advise!

kody.thompson113
05-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Hello,

My in-game name is Zehubez. Im lvl 15 sorceress.

Just trying to get some over-all pointers. I have been completing the dark forest levels over and over trying to gain xp but get hardly any loot/gold doing so. Just trying to get a feel for how to gain gold without buying it. Any pointers are appreciated.

Also, i have noticed that alot of mages are using dual weild swords/daggers instead of staffs. is this a good idea?

I would like to have the maximum DPS i can gain with my limited skill set.

What should i focus gaining on? i have been focusing on INT as primary, DEX as secondary, and little on STR.

Thanks and again, i appreciate all responses!!!

Ladylove
05-03-2011, 12:06 PM
When you're down at that level, you're really ok just wearing what drops. Greens are usually pretty good for that. Really, at that level, you don't need to worry too much about gold and drops because there really isn't much that does drop.

A lot of mages do like to switch to paladin (str) and carry swords and shields or 2h weapons. That can be good for survivability, but you won't do too much damage. I would recommend being pure int (for mana regen and max spell damage) or dex with a little int (for dps and decent spell damage). You can carry a bow or a wing and talon, your choice. I wouldn't recommend a dagger because dex mages are a bit on the squishy side. Distance is really a must. Also, daggers don't do too well as weapons anyway.

Usually, you don't need to spread your stats out too much. One or two attributes suffice and make you stronger than using dex, int, AND str.

kody.thompson113
05-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Hah! good advice! i am used to playing Ultima Online where its easy to pick a skillset. Thank you for the words of wisdom

Ladylove
05-03-2011, 12:16 PM
No problem :) Any other questions you have, ask away!

Samhayne
05-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Hey Kody, welcome to the forums!

You might check out the new Player Guide section (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?32-Player-Guides) and Redbridge's excellent Guide to Guides (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20352-Guides-Indexes-Helpsheets-amp-all-other-wonderful-stuff-in-one-place...). There's an Enchantress section with great info there. Maybe a bit deeper than just quick tips, but there ya go :)

CrimsonTider
05-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Welcome to the community!

Major
05-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Hey there, welcome to the PL community!!

JaytB
05-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Hi, and welcome :)

As you can see, it's a nice and helping community over here :)

Feel free to add my toons (see sig). I could show you my Mage ingame sometime. It's a so called 'nuke mage', a Mage focussed on dealing the max amount of dmg at the cost of some survivability :D

Redbridge
05-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Hi and welcome along to the forums.....

Lots of really helpful folks around so feel free to have a nosey around and if you can't find the info you're looking for then just ask.

Hopefully see you in game....

jaminn
05-03-2011, 03:26 PM
WELCOME. I'm rather new to forums too but I'm and old man in game add jaminn if you want any help.

spookytooth
05-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Awsome that your seeking help from the community, kudos. Ladylove pretty much summed up your situation till higher levels. Welcome to PL and enjoy, toons are on the sig if u wanna add

Piosidon
05-07-2011, 01:38 AM
You should put str at 13 some at dex(to increase hit percent) and rest at int.