PDA

View Full Version : Why??

Caabatric
08-14-2015, 11:54 AM
Why did sts buff the eloia bow, but none of the other weapons????? WHY?

So far gear progression has become non-existent on mages (not sure about tanks but it seems the same)...

Excluding imbued (cause i dont have it so can't compare stats) mages only have legendary crate gear too use. The level 43 mythic gear is worse than the level 46 legendaries for mage and tank, but not the case for rogues? WHY?

The level 46 mage weapons are about 200 health and 50 damage below the elon gun's (tank crate weapon also worse than mythic), yet the rogue weapon is at least comparable to the mythic weapon....

Now only the rogue event weapon has received a buff???(I understand it is worse than crate gear still, but still......)

I don't think anyone would doubt that rogues are better than all other classes in pve(currently and likely for a lot longer) and pvp (not clashes)....

So i jut have one question...
WHY?

Oursizes
08-14-2015, 12:00 PM
The rogue event weapon still sucks. It was a useless buff.

Edward Coug
08-14-2015, 12:02 PM
Why did sts buff the eloia bow, but none of the other weapons????? WHY?

So far gear progression has become non-existent on mages (not sure about tanks but it seems the same)...

Excluding imbued (cause i dont have it so can't compare stats) mages only have legendary crate gear too use. The level 43 mythic gear is worse than the level 46 legendaries for mage and tank, but not the case for rogues? WHY?

The level 46 mage weapons are about 200 health and 50 damage below the elon gun's (tank crate weapon also worse than mythic), yet the rogue weapon is at least comparable to the mythic weapon....

Now only the rogue event weapon has received a buff???(I understand it is worse than crate gear still, but still......)

I don't think anyone would doubt that rogues are better than all other classes in pve(currently and likely for a lot longer) and pvp (not clashes)....

So i jut have one question...
WHY?

The eloia bow had significantly worse damage than any of the crate bows, making it useless. It now has the same damage as the bone bow of potency (but far less DPS which may or may not get fixed). The only difference is a proc that happens once in a blue moon. It's really not worth getting at this point.

The myth bows are still the best bows in the game, just like the myth guns are still the best mage weapons.

Caabatric
08-14-2015, 12:03 PM
The rogue event weapon still sucks. It was a useless buff.

Still it was buffed... I am concerned why mages and tanks are being left out...
Also, imagine if the garretta bow didn't exist. It would be a close second to the mythic bow. Currently the mages best legendary weapon is not even close to the mythic weapon...

Oursizes
08-14-2015, 12:09 PM
Also, imagine if the garretta bow didn't exist. It would be a close second to the mythic bow. Currently the mages best legendary weapon is not even close to the mythic weapon...

Didnt you hear? Mage and warrior class dont exist anymore lol. They recolored vanities just for rogues too(crimson dress),but not for mage/tank lol. Theyre probably "working" on a "buff"(nerf?) for the other two.

kixkaxx
08-14-2015, 12:16 PM
Didnt you hear? Mage and warrior class dont exist anymore lol. They recolored vanities just for rogues too(crimson dress),but not for mage/tank lol. Theyre probably "working" on a "buff"(nerf?) for the other two.

What are you talking about? They already said tank will receive 50% damage bonus in pve. What else do you want?

Caabatric
08-14-2015, 12:21 PM
Comparison on stuffs
Myself:

Compared to elon gun stats:

Compared to Jord:

Bone stats (on naked char):

Eloia stats (on naked char):

Edward Coug
08-14-2015, 12:22 PM

The rengol bows had a damage bug. It resulted in the stat damage (not skill damage) being higher than the myth bows. As a result, many rogues sold their myth bows. When the bug was fixed, those rogues rightfully complained, so the damage was restored.

If the rengol bows damage bug didn't happen, the buff wouldn't have happened.

Do I think they should have buffed all of the legendary weapons? Yes. A lot of mages with myth weapons would have complained, just like the rogues who didn't sell their myth bows complained, so not all of the mages would be happy.

Ultimately, the rengol damage bug/buff reduced the gap between rogues. It wasn't a buff that made max gear rogues better.

Edward Coug
08-14-2015, 12:36 PM
What are you talking about? They already said tank will receive 50% damage bonus in pve. What else do you want?

Wait, what? Where was this posted?

Oursizes
08-14-2015, 12:37 PM

Yeah and sts will nerf nekro back to how it first was, and they will buff fantasmas passive again to be as it was a couple days ago riiiiggghhhtt

Edward Coug
08-14-2015, 12:41 PM
Yeah and sts will nerf nekro back to how it first was, and they will buff fantasmas passive again to be as it was a couple days ago riiiiggghhhtt

Haha. I'm dumb.

Tatman
08-14-2015, 12:55 PM
It's a pseudo buff. No point making threads about it, wep was useless and still is.

Caabatric
08-14-2015, 01:07 PM
The rengol bows had a damage bug. It resulted in the stat damage (not skill damage) being higher than the myth bows. As a result, many rogues sold their myth bows. When the bug was fixed, those rogues rightfully complained, so the damage was restored.

If the rengol bows damage bug didn't happen, the buff wouldn't have happened.

Do I think they should have buffed all of the legendary weapons? Yes. A lot of mages with myth weapons would have complained, just like the rogues who didn't sell their myth bows complained, so not all of the mages would be happy.

Ultimately, the rengol damage bug/buff reduced the gap between rogues. It wasn't a buff that made max gear rogues better.

It decreased the gap between rogues, at the same time made average geared rogues closer to mythic status, whereas average mages and tanks are still closed to the legendary status. Hopefully that made sense.

@tatman I am talking about how all rogue gear, not just the bows

Ceuidear
08-14-2015, 01:14 PM
It would be better if u guya buff all weapons.

Xorrior
08-14-2015, 01:17 PM
I think regression gears and then pow is how STS works. They did this last year where Halloween and planar armour was worse than Ancient Druid gear and then pow ice scale and the very expensive imbued. Looks like same thing this year, regressive gear til pow you loot glintstone myth armour.

Let me put it this way...my myth gear level 36 is far better than any level 46 legendary armour and level 43 myth, go figure! Yet the level 46 legendary bow has already outdated level 41 mythic bow. Things like this are very confusing, new weapons can outdate myth weapons, but new armour can't outdate anything previous even something that is 10 levels lower ?

As you can see for 2015 probably only progressive gear will be level 46 Glintstone myth. 2 expansions later and we haven't really moved away from mythics level 36. Just food for thought.

Himingleva mythics + Terra bow + mythic belt + [Arc ring]+ Maridos = 6k HP. Replace Maridos with NS and I get towards 800 damage no paras/chaos......and I still haven't properly jewelled my gear. Once jewelled fully, I might not even need the new mythics.

This is why I'm a retired warrior XD

EDITED TO INCLUDE OMMISSION [Arc ring].

Edward Coug
08-14-2015, 01:19 PM
It decreased the gap between rogues, at the same time made average geared rogues closer to mythic status, whereas average mages and tanks are still closed to the legendary status. Hopefully that made sense.

@tatman I am talking about how all rogue gear, not just the bows

If you want some extra fake damage like the rogues got, just pretend that the damage on the screen is higher.

The skill damage is what matters, and that didn't get buffed in any of the legendaries. The gap between rogues is bigger than it seems.

Caabatric
08-14-2015, 09:28 PM
If you want some extra fake damage like the rogues got, just pretend that the damage on the screen is higher.

The skill damage is what matters, and that didn't get buffed in any of the legendaries. The gap between rogues is bigger than it seems.

bigger than it seems yes,
however not as big as the maxed mage vs average mage gap

kananaskis
08-15-2015, 02:54 AM
i think this is a relevant point...new rogue legendary weapons got a relatively greater damage increase over new mage weapons and i hear the same for warriors. at twink levels the new mage weapons seem just fine (other than proc not really happening on jord's staff but that's a bug probably)damage wise the latest crate and event weapons seem good at twink levels (but i haven't cross checked in depth..just an impression) at endgame the mage and warrior are behind the rogue weapons it seems, in relative terms respective to class weapon damage...I'm not an expert or tester here...anyone who can do a more technical analysis and comparison go for it.

Andrisber
08-15-2015, 02:58 AM
Warrior weapons are quite useless imo. Low stats + never happening weak proc on the Galen's Maul, and the same thing about stats on warr Shield.

We are quite useless, eh?

Dex Scene
08-15-2015, 05:41 AM
Himingleva mythics + Terra bow + mythic belt + Maridos = 6k HP. Replace Maridos with NS and I get towards 800 damage no paras/chaos......and I still haven't properly jewelled my gear. Once jewelled fully, I might not even need the new mythics.

This is why I'm a retired warrior XD

6k Hp??? A SS please????

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Titanfall
08-15-2015, 07:00 AM
6k Hp??? A SS please????

I think he meant 5k

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Xorrior
08-16-2015, 12:57 PM
6k Hp??? A SS please????

Still jewelling in craft, 5907 HP, so yeah def will be 6k and plus.

Sorry I forgot to add arcane ring in the list of my gears. Amended that post.

Still doesn't detract why a level 36 armour is still so strong jewelled correctly and yet level 41 myth bow with 3 eyes is outdated in one swoop by 46 legendary bow.

Edward Coug
08-16-2015, 01:46 PM

Still jewelling in craft, 5907 HP, so yeah def will be 6k and plus.

Sorry I forgot to add arcane ring in the list of my gears. Amended that post.

Still doesn't detract why a level 36 armour is still so strong jewelled correctly and yet level 41 myth bow with 3 eyes is outdated in one swoop by 46 legendary bow.

-The level 41 myth bows aren't actually outdated. Their skill damage is actually significantly greater than the new legendary bows, and skill damage is what matters. (Why stat damage and skill damage aren't directly tied to each other, I have no idea.)

-I would disagree that the old myth armor is better than imbueds or the new myth armor. And as for correctly jeweling, I'm guessing that you're using noble nature jewels. This costs you damage, armor, and crit. Not the way I'd run, but it will definitely get the job done in PvE. (Gratz, by the way. I've never seen a rogue with health that high. It's cool to see extreme, unusual builds. I used to have very high armor.)

Xorrior
08-16-2015, 02:10 PM
-The level 41 myth bows aren't actually outdated. Their skill damage is actually significantly greater than the new legendary bows, and skill damage is what matters. (Why stat damage and skill damage aren't directly tied to each other, I have no idea.)

-I would disagree that the old myth armor is better than imbueds or the new myth armor. And as for correctly jeweling, I'm guessing that you're using noble nature jewels. This costs you damage, armor, and crit. Not the way I'd run, but it will definitely get the job done in PvE. (Gratz, by the way. I've never seen a rogue with health that high. It's cool to see extreme, unusual builds. I used to have very high armor.)

I'm coming from being a former tank. My angle to rogue-ing is slightly different. Most of my jewels are supergem fire, eyes, tarlok and at the moment one noble nature. I'm crafting high-end finesse and some more noble natures.

I wouldn't advise any rogues to follow my build, I'm not an out-an-out damage rogue, I'm that rogue that is more like a bridge within a group between the tank and rogues. I can be off-tank should things get worse or a rogue and snipe away. It's a plan of mine to try something out of the box.

As a tank I've never relied on other peoples theories and generic builds. I made my own builds and then see it in practice, had a unique build as a tank and now a unique one as a rogue.

Edward Coug
08-16-2015, 02:28 PM
I'm coming from being a former tank. My angle to rogue-ing is slightly different. Most of my jewels are supergem fire, eyes, tarlok and at the moment one noble nature. I'm crafting high-end finesse and some more noble natures.

I wouldn't advise any rogues to follow my build, I'm not an out-an-out damage rogue, I'm that rogue that is more like a bridge within a group between the tank and rogues. I can be off-tank should things get worse or a rogue and snipe away. It's a plan of mine to try something out of the box.

As a tank I've never relied on other peoples theories and generic builds. I made my own builds and then see it in practice, had a unique build as a tank and now a unique one as a rogue.

It gets really boring seeing the same builds. I had 2,100+ armor at the level 41 cap for the same reason (no arcane ring). It's cool to be able to go where squishier rogues can't. I was always the default tank on T3 runs when we didn't have a war.

Caabatric
08-17-2015, 02:29 AM

I have been experimenting in Mage different builds... I think mate has the biggest diversity in build choice cause of their defensive skills and offensive skills. If u get the chance do try it