PDA

View Full Version : Happy players needed

Vindara
05-03-2011, 01:01 PM
I was leveling up my bear when a another bear joined. He eventually told me that im an f'n stupid bear. What is up with these players lately. i don't get it. Two weeks ago I had an issue with a mage while working on my bird. I'm getting tired of the negativity. it ruins the fun.

Punktate
05-03-2011, 01:08 PM
The community is gaining younger players. It's like xbox live, if they don't get what they want or if someone's better, they start raging.

We need to CTRL + ALT + DEL the younger players.

JaytB
05-03-2011, 01:17 PM
I was leveling up my bear when a another bear joined. He eventually told me that im an f'n stupid bear. What is up with these players lately. i don't get it. Two weeks ago I had an issue with a mage while working on my bird. I'm getting tired of the negativity. it ruins the fun.

There are always people who need to let their real-life frustrations go in a video game. That's why they implemented the 'ignore' button IMO. The game should be fun, if you feel that certain people take away that fun, simply ignore them. I'm sure you'll meet plenty of non-whiners eventually ;)

Lowlyspy
05-03-2011, 01:24 PM
If u need a happy player, add me :D, im never negative lol

IGN: Lowlyspy

Coltona
05-03-2011, 02:03 PM
The community is gaining younger players. It's like xbox live, if they don't get what they want or if someone's better, they start raging.

HAHA! New sig!

Sorcererssoul
05-03-2011, 02:20 PM

Hello,

To start sorry for my bad english, im from Holland.
I am 14 and i just think its unfair to always give younger players the blame here.
I see that blaming younger players is happening alot on this forum, but i saw adults raging cuz players dont play how they want too.
It feels like younger players aren't suppose to be on the forum/game.
Why blame them/me?
I never saw in the app that this game was for adult, so will you please not only blame us, younger players.

This is not an attack, i just dont like the way there's talked bout kids on this forum

BirdBrainJr
05-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Yea I ain't gonna say names but there's a few guys out there old and young that are always acting a fool. I just ignore them asap. Add me I'll help you out.

JaytB
05-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Hello,

I am 14 and i just think its unfair to always give younger players the blame here.
I see that blaming younger players is happening alot on this forum, but i saw adults raging cuz players dont play how they want too.
Why blame them/me?
I never saw in the app that this game was for adult, so will you please not only blame us, younger players.

This is not an attack, i just dont like the way there's talked bout kids on this forum

Hey Sorcererssoul, nice to see you made it to the forums buddy :)

Ik zal het je gewoon in het Nederlands vertellen, maar ik ben er zeker van dat hij niet de bedoeling had om iemand te beledigen. Met 'younger players" bedoelde hij waarschijnlijk gewoon die paar irritante nieuwelingen en doelde hij niet zozeer op de leeftijd. Ik wist ook dat je 14 was, heb ik je ooit als een kind behandeld? Het zijn echt wel vriendelijke mensen hier hoor en ik ben er zeker vand dat ze er geen snars van begrijpen nu LOL :D

Anyway, hope to see you soon in game buddy ;)

Sorcererssoul
05-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Hey Sorcererssoul, nice to see you made it to the forums buddy :)

Ik zal het je gewoon in het Nederlands vertellen, maar ik ben er zeker van dat hij niet de bedoeling had om iemand te beledigen. Met 'younger players" bedoelde hij waarschijnlijk gewoon die paar irritante nieuwelingen en doelde hij niet zozeer op de leeftijd. Ik wist ook dat je 14 was, heb ik je ooit als een kind behandeld? Het zijn echt wel vriendelijke mensen hier hoor en ik ben er zeker vand dat ze er geen snars van begrijpen nu LOL :D

Hi Kungfu :),

I shall speak english so everyone understands.
Yeah i understand that he doesnt mean every young player, but its just frustrated to hear this things in multiple topics.
Maybe my reaction was a bit too fast, but i just want everyone to understand that not everyone is like that kind of players.

Hope to play soon with you, greetz

Fyrce
05-03-2011, 02:40 PM
There are lots of good players out there. I would say most players are nice. I was playing pick-up games yesterday and everyone was very nice. Actually ended up with a few friends where we played together for awhile.

It helps a lot to remember to run away quickly and not waste time with rude players, because your time should be spent with the nice ones. Go out and find fun!

JaytB
05-03-2011, 02:43 PM
@sourcererssoul

It's sounds a lot like what this thread is about: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?25672-Are-the-standards-dropping.....

Punktate
05-03-2011, 02:43 PM
HAHA! New sig!

I am honored :')

superss
05-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Hello,

Why blame them/me?

well IMO the anger is directed more towards the kids that are immature about the game. being a kid myself i can understand your troubles.

Pandamoni
05-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Ignore ignore ignore. Honestly, the best feature is the ignore button. There are going to be jerks IRL and in games. It's just the way of the world unfortunately.

Hi Kungfu :),

I shall speak english so everyone understands.
Yeah i understand that he doesnt mean every young player, but its just frustrated to hear this things in multiple topics.
Maybe my reaction was a bit too fast, but i just want everyone to understand that not everyone is like that kind of players.

Hope to play soon with you, greetz

I'm glad you spoke up. I do agree that younger players get a bad rap here. Some of the most respectful and helpful players I've come across are younger players (14, 15, 16). It's nice to remind us old farts (I'm 34, lol) that rude comes in all shapes, ages and sizes.

dogger
05-03-2011, 02:54 PM
Isnt nerd rage the worst? Wish there was a filter, all the ragers in their own dungeons raging on eachother xD... Wishful thinking

azulflame
05-03-2011, 02:59 PM
Sorcerersoul, thank you. On my phone now, so no quote. I am a 14 year old boy, and am looked down on because I am "too young" to know a lot. Usually about ten seconds later, I skill spam, and once my lag clears, they haven't hurt me too much and they are sleeping on the ground. I get a lot of second opinions after that.

SUPAPRODIGY
05-03-2011, 03:13 PM
some people add u because of your high level and when u get invited they start ordering u around and i started only adding people who r worthy to be added it so 50+ cause people just go through the dungeon and i might not talk to them but i have fun playing the game sometimes i say stuff to be funny and people get mad i was like shut up man and i simply boot them and put them on my ignore list so far i only have one person so remember be nice or get BOOTED have a nice day.... ;)

Vindara
05-03-2011, 03:20 PM
I really don't care about ages. I play with all sorts of ages I would just like a little respect from others in the game. its just sad when i have a run and someone negative comes in. I ignore them and if they are really bad I will boot but I don't like to boot ppl cuz I hate when its done to me. Plus most people i meet are friendly but its those few that ruin it. It just been more recent that i Have come across these people too so maybe with some luck they will be nicer.

SUPAPRODIGY
05-03-2011, 03:24 PM
i think booting is bad cause it been done to me and it feels bad specially when your with the boss i dont care anymore i mostly play with my friends LEOLAMS AND hawkurs... some other friends from the PL so yeah

davidis57
05-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Age doesn't bother me its the immature players. That can be any age.

Redbridge
05-03-2011, 04:15 PM
@sourcererssoul

It's sounds a lot like what this thread is about: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?25672-Are-the-standards-dropping.....

Hey Folks, the thread quoted was mine. Just wanted to clarify that the rudeness and lack of respect, discussed in that thread, is a rare occurrence in-game and on the forums, but no matter how rare it still spoils people's enjoyment.

Rudeness and bad manners definitely isn't solely down to the younger players. The large majority of the younger players I meet are genuinely grateful for any tips, help & advice, and oftem are aware of the Forums. Those that aren't don't generally get much of my attention.

I'm sure we can all help to keep the game and forums, respectful and clean, for all players. For those players that repeatedly choose to be rude, there is always the IGNORE button. and for those that are offensive use the REPORT button or send STS an e-mail, it simply isn't acceptable for anyone to have their game experience ruined by offensive behaviour.

[steps down of high horse] [leaves thread][comes backs to thread]

A huge THANK YOU to all of the younger players who are respectful and well behaved, you are in the majority and often are wrongly grouped with the people how have no manners/respect for others. Thanks again....

[leaves thread... again]

Fyrce
05-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Most players in the game are very nice.

The Ignore button really is a great friend. I was worried my ignore list of rude players, begging players, annoying players and players who boot just before the boss would be long, but it's really not that long. Maybe 10-20 names. I almost never see that sort of player anymore.

The majority of players are nice.

As an aside, I usually Friend only after playing a level or more (preferably more) with someone. If they send a friend request, just wait until you are comfortable with making a decision. Generally, if I enjoy playing with them, I make sure to friend them. That doesn't mean you play exclusively with them, but it does mean it's a pleasure to join an group to find it full of friends.

Fatpigwarrior
05-03-2011, 07:08 PM
I am 11 and it would be unfair for younger players, children to get kicked off.....