PDA

View Full Version : [Feedback] Fixing the Broken Jewel System!

Haligali
08-15-2015, 12:39 PM
I was really optimistic about jewels after the beta server, where finesse fury and mind jewels got the same drop rate as blood fire glacial essences. But it's kinda lame now.

Two reinforced blood/fire gems gives exact same stats as 1 noble fury/finesse +1 noble diamond jewel. Not to mention if you lucky and make a grand gem,then its far better. 1 eye gem is better than 1 weak fury 1 weak finesse 1 weak mind and 1 noble lightning. 1 gem vs 4 jewel. Eye gems soon reach 10m+ after mythic gear release. I have saved some eye gems, so it won't be a problem for me, but i think its not ok. Jewels are the new items, i wanna use new things.

1. Make the cracked jewels drop same as was on beta server.
2. Fix lightning jewels. Currently if you socket a lightning jewel, you basically nerf yourself.
3. Fix diamond, nature and water jewel stats too.

Thanks for attention.

Serancha
08-15-2015, 12:42 PM
I especially hate those unnecessary neefs. (heehee)

Joking aside, I agree it seems like sts is making busywork with these unneeded nerfs that need to be rebuffed, and buffs that need to be renerfed. Why not fix the most important aspects of the game that are actually broken?

kananaskis
08-15-2015, 02:37 PM
maybe better drop rates for the better jewels could be part of a process of scaling up old elites to make farming those maps relevant again.(ref to serancha's proposal)

as far as fixing water, nature, diamond, and lightning jewels, what specific values for each do you guys think would make them interesting/useful?

I'm very interested in hali's thoughts considering the previous detailed level by level analysis hali did on eyes, life shards, and tarlok gems (see player guides). And since we're all stat nerds, i hope others get involved in this suggestion thread. Would 2% crit for a noble lightning be too little, too much, or just right?

The idea of different jewels is to give players choices in alternative builds. I especially like the idea of lightning jewels, for example, but as they are now i wouldn't use them.

Zeus
08-15-2015, 02:40 PM
Yes please, and fix the damage done with the latest changes please! Thank you.

Candylicks
08-15-2015, 02:45 PM
+1 no more neefs

Tatman
08-15-2015, 03:56 PM
Agree.

On a side note, maybe they have higher level jewels planned for release? Better than noble I mean.

Haligali
08-15-2015, 04:27 PM
+1 no more neefs

Lol tipo haha

Haligali
08-15-2015, 04:35 PM
Agree.

On a side note, maybe they have higher level jewels planned for release? Better than noble I mean.

Huh, there is more season 1 heraldic in game than noble jewel, imagine you need 3 noble to make a better. It is an option of course, but we are very far from that.

kananaskis
08-15-2015, 05:43 PM
having to craft a jewel higher than noble would be insane it seems. what do people think would be a good stat for noble diamond, nature, water, lightning? i want to see numbers with reasons for those numbers.

mesalin
08-15-2015, 06:13 PM
I agree with hali ... Drop chaos jewel just by luck

<Forgiveness>

warriorromio
08-15-2015, 08:59 PM
Noble 1=3 superb=2187cracked
Superb=3excelent= 7 29 cracked
Excellent =3fortified= 243cracked
Fortified =3standard=* 81cracked
Standard =3weak=27cracked
Weak=3damaged=9cracked
Damaged =3cracked

warriorromio
08-15-2015, 09:18 PM
I mean common guys i never ever imaging to farm 2187 cracked jewels to farm 1 noble jewel that dont even worth getting ...
I m a average player so i will farm lockeds or other selllable stuffs for gold buy normal gems and try to get them perfect...
Is far better them farming 2187 cracked jewels and then craft them..
And get +1 stat to a grand class base gem (fire/blood/wind)
Chaos gem the only gems that are ok as they are..
but having so much crafting stuffs is not good...
I mean if i need to craft them if they are 100-200 for a noble gem then its ok...
But using 2k+ cracked gems for making 1 noble gem..
It looks old gem system was far better then this new jewel system..
I know its good for keeping us bussy for some months and good for farmers... too
Cause it will take years to get noble jewels to be comon..
Or under 500k..
I mean isnt it looks too op to get a 2k+ essences for making a gem that is not even better them previous gem system..
I mean compare to para vs chaos..
Para gives 2.0 damage and may be noble chaos gives 1.6 damage (not shure)
But getting on plat tier was way too eassier then farm 2k+ cracked jewels..
Same as others..
Dimond vs reinforced jewels.
Nothing to compare
Elondrian shards vs noble nature..
Only jewel is good cause of most of tanks needs them..
And only reason because they are good cause there drop rate is sufficient.. i mean this is the drop rate all jewels should have..
Water jewel just remove it cause the cursed skull is also good who will give a 100k for water boble jewel if he can get a better gem in 3-4k

Or for getting it balance remove any two steps of crafting from it
Like remove any two steps then we need 243 cracked jewels they will be stull hard to farm...
So remove some steps or make the drop rate high is good for this system.

And one more thing i wana discuss.
Elondrian life shards are removed from this ursoth event it means no other gems will ever return back....
Means no paras no eyes no reinforced not others..
May be even not tarloks..
Then we will only depend on the jewell system..
You guys are not making us happy to farm them you are forcing us to farm them..
When gem system was launched i was happy but when i calculate the ammout of jewels we need to farm i got stuned..
Terryfied and panic..
Its like samael,nekro,sns,slag,kelvin,clyed attacked on me in a single tic..
2187 crecked jewelllssssssss..

Serancha
08-16-2015, 12:23 AM
Don't forget that for a full mythic set (at 3 slots each piece) you will need 18 noble jewels to perfect the set.

That is a total of 39,366 cracked jewels - which must all be of the specific type you want.

kananaskis
08-16-2015, 01:28 AM
39,366 × 3000g (example price of cracked mind jewel) =118,098,000g

39,366 × 5000g (example price of cracked fury or finesse jewel) =196,830,000g

not sure what to say next lol

Edward Coug
08-16-2015, 01:35 AM
Huh, there is more season 1 heraldic in game than noble jewel, imagine you need 3 noble to make a better. It is an option of course, but we are very far from that.

I really hope damaged and weak jewels drop in elites. That would change things quite a bit.

As Tat hinted at, this cap allows for jewels to go up to +11 main stat points (nobles are level 30). Not sure when the next level of jewels will be unlocked, but they will eventually exceed the main stat gems pretty handily. (Paras and eyes will remain OP.)

kananaskis
08-16-2015, 01:42 AM
As Tat hinted at, this cap allows for jewels to go up to +11 main stat points (nobles are level 30). Not sure when the next level of jewels will be unlocked, but they will eventually exceed the main stat gems pretty handily. (Paras and eyes will remain OP.)

that next levels of jewels will be at 35, 40, 45, do we know this will be the case? take the numbers from a couple posts above and triple it for every next level....sort of becomes an exercise akin to contemplating the scale of the universe lol

Dimitrian
08-16-2015, 03:27 AM
Also plz make all the level 1 jewels stackable.

Ebezaanec
08-16-2015, 10:54 AM
Jewels were undermined even further when gems were scaled to L46. I never understood that decision. If they want to make gems obsolete, then why make them competitive?

Edward Coug
08-16-2015, 12:09 PM
that next levels of jewels will be at 35, 40, 45, do we know this will be the case? take the numbers from a couple posts above and triple it for every next level....sort of becomes an exercise akin to contemplating the scale of the universe lol

It's a guess but a logical one.

Yes, I get that it's incredibly difficult to get a noble jewel now and how crazy it is to think of needing three noble jewels to get the next level. But what you're assuming is that when new levels of jewels are introduced, the drop rate will remain the same (or that damaged jewels won't replace cracked jewels altogether).

Let's see what the jewel drops and drop rates are in the new elites. Hopefully, we see damaged and weak jewels drop regularly. If we don't, I'll be complaining very loudly.

kananaskis
08-16-2015, 09:22 PM
It's a guess but a logical one.

Yes, I get that it's incredibly difficult to get a noble jewel now and how crazy it is to think of needing three noble jewels to get the next level. But what you're assuming is that when new levels of jewels are introduced, the drop rate will remain the same (or that damaged jewels won't replace cracked jewels altogether).

Let's see what the jewel drops and drop rates are in the new elites. Hopefully, we see damaged and weak jewels drop regularly. If we don't, I'll be complaining very loudly.

It is logical. Perhaps then the current drop rates and map distribution of drops are to get things started. As the game evolves, new content with these kinds of drops, as you suggest, may be designed to enable active players to work on building higher level jewels within reasonable times frames. Interesting.

based on the idea that jewels will progess to higher levels, I'll put out the values (based on how much they increase at each level now) for other jewels besides primary stat ones.

kananaskis
08-16-2015, 10:02 PM
Assuming then that each next tier of jewels will keep the same stat progession as they do from cracked to noble, the values for jewels that open up at levels 35 / 40 / 45 would be:

mind, finesse, fury: 9 / 10 / 11 primary stat

lightning: .92 / 1.00 / 1.08 crit

chaos: 1.86 / 2.04 / 2.22 damage

diamond: 29 / 32 / 35 armor*

nature, water: 108 / 120 / 132 health or mana

*(this is hypothetical, and maybe, for example, diamond jewels would increase by more at each tier. We see they alternate between 2 and 3 armor until excellent, superb, noble, between which they progress by 3 armor each time.)

At a glance then, if this is the case, these jewel stats appear to make more sense in relation to each other, as a system, for alternatives in builds. Thoughts?

Edward Coug
08-17-2015, 12:34 PM
Assuming then that each next tier of jewels will keep the same stat progession as they do from cracked to noble, the values for jewels that open up at levels 35 / 40 / 45 would be:

*(this is hypothetical, and maybe, for example, diamond jewels would increase by more at each tier. We see they alternate between 2 and 3 armor until excellent, superb, noble, between which they progress by 3 armor each time.)

At a glance then, if this is the case, these jewel stats appear to make more sense in relation to each other, as a system, for alternatives in builds. Thoughts?

Interesting. The chaos jewel will eclipse the damage of a second gemmed para (doesn't come close the ridiculousness of that first para, though).

I really do think it will encourage other builds, or at the very least, more experimentation. With gems, you had to make a choice and stick with it. Jewels, on the other hand, are removeable.

Haligali
08-18-2015, 05:03 AM

This is not a fix, you forgot that gems also scaled up from lvl41 to lvl46.

eg Fire gem 3 dex normal/6 dex grand on lvl41, Fire gem 4 dex normal/7 dex grand onl lvl46. So did the other gems too, elondrian shard, etc, all scaled up except tarlok. Tarlok has a different scale, so those gems didnt got extra stats this time, but im sure they will in next cap.

Haligali
08-18-2015, 10:16 AM
Any sts staff can reply? Do you plan to change stats? Or is it good the way it is?

Any noble jewel rewards in the future?

Titanium
08-18-2015, 10:27 AM
The thing which annoys me the most about jewel system is that everyone tells me " just have patience " ! Lol yea .. patience? I could get para gem in 3 hours during halloween event. I want to be rewarded for the effort im doing everytime i farm something which doesn't drop from chests/boss.

Make a special event with all gems getting back for one weekend. Even para and eye. Just make it harder for the event gems. Or at least let us farm fire/glacial/blood essences during one weekend.

Carapace
08-18-2015, 11:47 AM
Our intent with the Jewel system is definitely a long term change. This means that it will take some time before it stabilizes into where we expect it to sit. There was an anticipated 'awkwardness' of sorts as all of the gems that currently exist but no longer drop in the world phase out before Jewels are the ONLY option available for certain stats. We're currently in the transition stage wherein Gems still exist, and Jewels are not as powerful in some regards until their higher levels are crafted. We certainly hear and understand what you are saying, it's nice to have nice things with a lot of power immediately, but for the health of the game there are no planned changes at this time. The fact that gems scale every level is a major component to why they are no longer dropping and are being phased out by Jewels. Gems created a major hindrance to future socket-able upgrade design.

Overall when we were implementing and designing the new Jewel system we felt it would be unfair to just strip everyone of their hard earned Gems, instead of allowing them to naturally become rare and eventually obsolete while players are also farming and crafting higher end jewels. In regards to comments about more powerful jewels, we have built the system with the ability to add future tiers of jewels when appropriate to increase their power as time goes on, so be sure that any higher end jewels you create will not only be great now but also have the potential to be even more.

We're always listening to feedback on game mechanics and the effect it has on the game, and at this time we are comfortable with where Jewels are at in regards to their power.

Thanks guys!
- Carapace

Dimitrian
08-18-2015, 11:53 AM
Our intent with the Jewel system is definitely a long term change. This means that it will take some time before it stabilizes into where we expect it to sit. There was an anticipated 'awkwardness' of sorts as all of the gems that currently exist but no longer drop in the world phase out before Jewels are the ONLY option available for certain stats. We're currently in the transition stage wherein Gems still exist, and Jewels are not as powerful in some regards until their higher levels are crafted. We certainly hear and understand what you are saying, it's nice to have nice things with a lot of power immediately, but for the health of the game there are no planned changes at this time. The fact that gems scale every level is a major component to why they are no longer dropping and are being phased out by Jewels. Gems created a major hindrance to future socket-able upgrade design.

Overall when we were implementing and designing the new Jewel system we felt it would be unfair to just strip everyone of their hard earned Gems, instead of allowing them to naturally become rare and eventually obsolete while players are also farming and crafting higher end jewels. In regards to comments about more powerful jewels, we have built the system with the ability to add future tiers of jewels when appropriate to increase their power as time goes on, so be sure that any higher end jewels you create will not only be great now but also have the potential to be even more.

We're always listening to feedback on game mechanics and the effect it has on the game, and at this time we are comfortable with where Jewels are at in regards to their power.

Thanks guys!
- Carapace
At least make the level 1 jewels stackable,please. 😁

Edward Coug
08-18-2015, 11:58 AM
This is not a fix, you forgot that gems also scaled up from lvl41 to lvl46.

eg Fire gem 3 dex normal/6 dex grand on lvl41, Fire gem 4 dex normal/7 dex grand onl lvl46. So did the other gems too, elondrian shard, etc, all scaled up except tarlok. Tarlok has a different scale, so those gems didnt got extra stats this time, but im sure they will in next cap.

+11 will happen for main stat gems within this cap. That exceeds the plus 7 you get from grand gems at level 46 by 4.

The jewels will actually be more powerful than the gems, except for the paras, eyes, and reins.

Madnex
08-18-2015, 03:21 PM

Thanks guys!
- Carapace

Thanks for the explanation, it helped confirming the dev point of view. BUT, while it's understandable to let the already sloted hard earned gems intact, by not removing the leftoverz and just waiting until the supply dries you're basically widening the gear gap all over. So it's not about who has arcanes or not now, it's about who has more syrillax gems or the ridiculous gold it takes to buy enough for a set now?

I urge you to consider a solution in order to really level the playing field. My suggestion would be to make an announcement (both in-game and on forums) giving a month to everyone to socket their leftover gems before they are removed from the game completely. The important part here is that this must be done BEFORE mythic or any new gear is released in order for everyone to have a chance at the same stats. That would be real balance.

Serancha
08-18-2015, 04:17 PM
There is a large difference between making something a long-term goal vs a next-to-impossible goal. We agree that long-term goals are good and necessary, but by this the players meant AP's like "kill 1000 elite bosses" kind of thing.

The jewel drops are currently set so that it would literally take someone years of daily grinding to jewel their set with quality jewels of their own primary stat. By then Jewels will be obsolete, either replaced by something else or the game will be replaced with a new one. This discourages people from even bothering to log in. The same goes for needing to grind the same maps for a month+ to earn gear set we can't even use (without drastically reducing our stats), just so we can begin to farm for mythic. This is off-putting to say the least.

1) The jewel drops need to be re-evaluated, and the more desirable ones spread through a larger variety of maps.

2) If they were also added to elite maps of other areas, it would be helpful, but the drop rates of primary stat jewels are still far too low to be realistic.

3) The same goes for the nomerite gear ingredients (in respect to spreading them amongst more maps)

4) People are already tired of the same maps, and currently don't even get 1 cracked primary stat jewel per run, so we're talking about running the same 2 or 3 maps hundreds of thousands of times. There is no fun in that.

Edward Coug
08-18-2015, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the explanation, it helped confirming the dev point of view. BUT, while it's understandable to let the already sloted hard earned gems intact, by not removing the leftoverz and just waiting until the supply dries you're basically widening the gear gap all over. So it's not about who has arcanes or not now, it's about who has more syrillax gems or the ridiculous gold it takes to buy enough for a set now?

I urge you to consider a solution in order to really level the playing field. My suggestion would be to make an announcement (both in-game and on forums) giving a month to everyone to socket their leftover gems before they are removed from the game completely. The important part here is that this must be done BEFORE mythic or any new gear is released in order for everyone to have a chance at the same stats. That would be real balance.

That ship has sailed. They should have made gems unsocketable after the new expansion. They didn't, so we have to roll with the paras and eyes still in circulation. My recommendation is that they make the level 51 gear jewel only. That way, nobody can hoard for the next cap. It's a ways away, but it is what it is, and it's ample warning for para and eye hoarders.

Jexetta
08-18-2015, 06:03 PM
Admittedly, I hated the gem system and really liked the concept of the jewel system on paper. It really didn't take me long to realize once the jewel system was finally out that I needed to be either insanely rich or have no life outside of AL in order to earn a noble dex/strength/int jewel if I wanted to farm it outright.

Simple napkin math :
2,187 cracked jewels are required for 1 noble jewel.
Typically I receive 1 dex/str/int jewel after 2-3 runs in the new Rengol maps.
So call it an average of 2.5 runs for 1 jewel.
A run where I clear the mobs in Rengol takes me about 3 minutes.
So 3 minutes x 2.5 runs would be 7.5 minutes for 1 cracked dex/str/int jewel.
2,187 cracked jewels x 7.5 minutes = 16,402.5 minutes / 60 minutes = 273 hours 22 minutes and 30 seconds or about
11.5 days of farming without sleep.

11.5 days x 18 actual slots would be 204 days of farming to max out your gear.

I think I was being pretty generous with 2.5 runs a jewel as well - given the plethora of certain types of jewels it's unlikely you would even get the drop you want. Given there are Fury, Finesse, Mind, Lightning, Chaos, Diamond, Nature, and Water jewels (8 types) that all might drop at the same rate (so you can't even focus on a jewel type you like you), you might as well multiply my number of hours by a factor of 8. If that's the case.. you're looking at 92 days of farming for a single noble and 1,642 days ie - 4.5 yearsssssss for a full set.

I realize that by working all together we can buy and sell etc and get to the goal quicker, but if everyone has the same goal, then it might as well be the same.

Does the above make any sense? We had talked about transparency before between the makers of the game and the gamers, but the above statement appears that the transparency is... my math above is the reality?

I can extrapolate this type of thinking to assume it's because if you extend the length it takes to achieve a goal, the slower and less the game has to be worked on by developers.

Titanium
08-19-2015, 02:01 AM
Please group jewels. Crack Diamond Jewel x56. It's annoying to delete them one by one

Serancha
08-19-2015, 10:23 AM
I think I was being pretty generous with 2.5 runs a jewel as well - given the plethora of certain types of jewels it's unlikely you would even get the drop you want. Given there are Fury, Finesse, Mind, Lightning, Chaos, Diamond, Nature, and Water jewels (8 types) that all might drop at the same rate (so you can't even focus on a jewel type you like you), you might as well multiply my number of hours by a factor of 8. If that's the case.. you're looking at 92 days of farming for a single noble and 1,642 days ie - 4.5 yearsssssss for a full set.

If you take into account that the human body requires sleep, food etc., and most people have either school or work - at least part time. We cut the number of playable hours per day to 12.

That means a real live person of the most hardcore type of player (12 hours grinding every day of the year), that is 9 years to complete a set.

For the average/serious player who plays 3 hours a day, that is 36 years.

This system seems designed to encourage botting, since that is the only way anyone could realistically complete a set of noble jewels in their lifetime. And since those bots don't need gemmed gear, it is their owners who will reap the rewards of this system.

Tatman
08-19-2015, 11:34 AM
The problem with the main stat jewels (being the only ones that are actually worth trying to get to 'noble') is that there is no map that is a viable farming source. I am actually fine with ~700 cracked jewels for a superb fury/finesse/mind, compared to, say, 200-300 essences for a grand gem (assuming one needs 20-30 gems on average to get a grand); jewels are, after all, reusable. Consequently, I'm somewhat ok with ~2100 cracked jewels for a jewel, that's better than a grand gem.

Problem is, like I said, you can't really farm these things. The usual farming maps don't drop fury/finesse/mind. Other popular maps like Wilds still drop the utterly useless nature and water (not that they are the only useless ones, as others have already said), even elites drop these, which is mind boggling. So, we are mostly left with Rengol maps, where at least nature and water were removed. Problem, however, with Rengol maps is, that it is absurd to farm the most basic stuff (+1 stat jewels qualify imho) in maps like these - long maps, not many mobs, low density, short leash ranges, not to mention the one-hit deaths. It is beyond me why devs cannot understand such a simple fact - we need a place where we can actually farm main stat jewels, and Rengol maps just don't qualify. I suggested a new crypt some time ago. Or refreshing one of the existing crypts. I don't know, something like that.

I realize that obtaining noble jewels is a long term goal etc. etc. I get the reasoning behind this. However, what I also get, and what devs obviously fail to understand, is this:

If you really wanted jewels to replace gems and if you wanted noble (and possibly higher tier) jewels to be a long term goal, why did you keep gems in the game? And not just keep, but scale to lvl 46, which is beyond ridiculous.

You say gems will eventually phase out. This to me means that you are out of touch with the reality in the game, at least as far as gems are concerned. You are creating yet another situation where discontinued op stuff (assuming paras and eyes never return) will give some players huge edge for pretty much another whole season, if not longer. And this isn't even limited to just paras and eyes. Reinforced gems are much better than the laughable diamond jewels. These are not going to phase out any time soon. However, they will be practically unobtainable even by people like me, who could afford them before the jewel system was introduced. If this is your new and supposedly better system, well, I don't know what to think.

extrapayah
08-21-2015, 07:00 AM
my suggestions are:

1. stop gems scaling, don't make it scale more than l46
2. make limited time exchange program, like exchanging para to nobles, eyes to superb, normal gems to damaged, reinforced to standard, etc
3. make certain jewels only droppable at certain maps in a map sets, e.g. in brackenridge, first maps mobs can drop jewel a and b, 2nd maps for jewel c and d, 3rd maps for jewel e and f, and etc. with tombs maps able to drop any type, and what makes old maps different with newer scaled maps is the strength of the jewels (e.g brackenridge for crackeds, rengol for damaged) this way, even people who enjoy playing at lower levels can still farm those jewels, and to prevent a certain maps filled with too many tanks, never separate the drop of primary type jewels

Eldorado
08-21-2015, 08:20 PM
The jewel system is not broken. It is hard to achieve but is reusable and will get better in the long run. Plus it is properly scaled by level. If you ask me, para gems and etc gems from event are the worst. It is not scaled properly and too op for a simple event. Eventhough I earned a lot of gold from this gems, I suggest sts not to repeat the same mistake because it is exploitable and cause imbalance ingame. Plus, many ask for something to grind. This is it.

Haligali
08-22-2015, 04:10 AM
The jewel system is not broken. It is hard to achieve but is reusable and will get better in the long run. Plus it is properly scaled by level. If you ask me, para gems and etc gems from event are the worst. It is not scaled properly and too op for a simple event. Eventhough I earned a lot of gold from this gems, I suggest sts not to repeat the same mistake because it is exploitable and cause imbalance ingame. Plus, many ask for something to grind. This is it.

Agree, holding back eye gems for another year is a long term goal. These gems will give 4,4,4 stat next cap, plus with the first bonus 2%+ crit. I hope i can sell my para gems for 100m,who doesn't want an extra +30 damage.

Alhuntrazeck
08-22-2015, 06:59 AM
Zzz.

I thought the basic idea of jewels were to phase out the gems? Epic fail then, people are still using paras and eyes... Simply buff jewels and their drop rates.

WHY does noble chaos gem give less damage than paracelsus soul stone, an outdated YEAR OLD item?

Alhuntrazeck
08-22-2015, 07:11 AM
If you take into account that the human body requires sleep, food etc., and most people have either school or work - at least part time. We cut the number of playable hours per day to 12.

That means a real live person of the most hardcore type of player (12 hours grinding every day of the year), that is 9 years to complete a set.

For the average/serious player who plays 3 hours a day, that is 36 years.

This system seems designed to encourage botting, since that is the only way anyone could realistically complete a set of noble jewels in their lifetime. And since those bots don't need gemmed gear, it is their owners who will reap the rewards of this system.

36 years. Lol. Yeah, long term goal indeed! If we're lucky and AL is still around, we can be telling our grandchildren how our jewels were all EARNED.

Haligali
08-22-2015, 07:23 AM
Zzz.

I thought the basic idea of jewels were to phase out the gems? Epic fail then, people are still using paras and eyes... Simply buff jewels and their drop rates.

WHY does noble chaos gem give less damage than paracelsus soul stone, an outdated YEAR OLD item?

I think chaos jewels aren't a problem anymore (after sts fixed the stats on them), it is in par with a second para gem and you can remove it.

The first para gem bonus is so huge and there is no solution, i recommend to keep them in stash another year for the lvl51. These gems will worth 50-100m, depends on how much gold people will have.

The problem is the other 4 useless gem (lightning, diamond, nature, water) which i just delete from my inventory. I think there should be no trash items, if i join a rengol map for daily i need to delete a tons of uncorn candy, elondria essence along with the green and blue dropped items.

Haligali
08-27-2015, 08:03 AM
The problem with the main stat jewels (being the only ones that are actually worth trying to get to 'noble') is that there is no map that is a viable farming source. I am actually fine with ~700 cracked jewels for a superb fury/finesse/mind, compared to, say, 200-300 essences for a grand gem (assuming one needs 20-30 gems on average to get a grand); jewels are, after all, reusable. Consequently, I'm somewhat ok with ~2100 cracked jewels for a jewel, that's better than a grand gem.

Problem is, like I said, you can't really farm these things. The usual farming maps don't drop fury/finesse/mind. Other popular maps like Wilds still drop the utterly useless nature and water (not that they are the only useless ones, as others have already said), even elites drop these, which is mind boggling. So, we are mostly left with Rengol maps, where at least nature and water were removed. Problem, however, with Rengol maps is, that it is absurd to farm the most basic stuff (+1 stat jewels qualify imho) in maps like these - long maps, not many mobs, low density, short leash ranges, not to mention the one-hit deaths. It is beyond me why devs cannot understand such a simple fact - we need a place where we can actually farm main stat jewels, and Rengol maps just don't qualify. I suggested a new crypt some time ago. Or refreshing one of the existing crypts. I don't know, something like that.

I realize that obtaining noble jewels is a long term goal etc. etc. I get the reasoning behind this. However, what I also get, and what devs obviously fail to understand, is this:

If you really wanted jewels to replace gems and if you wanted noble (and possibly higher tier) jewels to be a long term goal, why did you keep gems in the game? And not just keep, but scale to lvl 46, which is beyond ridiculous.

You say gems will eventually phase out. This to me means that you are out of touch with the reality in the game, at least as far as gems are concerned. You are creating yet another situation where discontinued op stuff (assuming paras and eyes never return) will give some players huge edge for pretty much another whole season, if not longer. And this isn't even limited to just paras and eyes. Reinforced gems are much better than the laughable diamond jewels. These are not going to phase out any time soon. However, they will be practically unobtainable even by people like me, who could afford them before the jewel system was introduced. If this is your new and supposedly better system, well, I don't know what to think.

This pretty much sums all, and i do agree with all and everything what your saying.

In the end, we felt the best course of action was to let existing gems eventually work themselves out of the game. Since they are not removeable from gear and there is only a set amount of them, they would, over time, cease to exist.

How do they control this?? Even if i sell my gem hoarding, i will hold 1 fire gem, 1 enchanted eye, 1 tarlok gem, 1 reinforced gem, 1 elon gem, 1 skull gem FOREVER, because i wanna know how they scale in the future lvl51, lvl56, lvl61, lvl66, lvl71 etc. So if it depends on me, gems will exist always.

If the new gears arent better than current (orcslaying gear, glintstone gear right?) then these op gems will rest in stashes waiting for a gear where it worth socketing, since they arent removable, making this 'work themselves out' period much longer.

Tatman
08-27-2015, 10:15 AM
If the new gears arent better than current (orcslaying gear, glintstone gear right?) then these op gems will rest in stashes waiting for a gear where it worth socketing, since they arent removable, making this 'work themselves out' period much longer.
Yes, this actually exacerbates the problem we have here. Releasing lvl 46 gear, that's worse than lvl 41s, works directly against this "gems will eventually work themselves out of the game" premise. I sincerely doubt anyone has put even a single reinforced gem into a piece of orcslaying gear, let alone para or eye. If the glintstone mythics are released with the currently announced stats, I doubt many valuable gems will go there either.

Jazzi
08-27-2015, 01:10 PM
Yes, this actually exacerbates the problem we have here. Releasing lvl 46 gear, that's worse than lvl 41s, works directly against this "gems will eventually work themselves out of the game" premise. I sincerely doubt anyone has put even a single reinforced gem into a piece of orcslaying gear, let alone para or eye. If the glintstone mythics are released with the currently announced stats, I doubt many valuable gems will go there either.

To be honest, the worst part is not the stats on themselves (of the glintstone set), but the fact they are supposed to be the best gear of this and potentially next season. This means event after event after event with bad gear and no progression. Sigh...

Haligali
08-27-2015, 03:13 PM
To be honest, the worst part is not the stats on themselves (of the glintstone set), but the fact they are supposed to be the best gear of this and potentially next season. This means event after event after event with bad gear and no progression. Sigh...

I'm going a bit off, but I still have a hope in planar tombs upscale to lvl46.

Maybe I'm not exaggerating when i tell, imbued gear is the best itemization in the game. Remember rogues always used potency, mages brutality, warriors will sets, or whichever is the best for damage in the past. But imbueds versions have almost same stats, all got crit damage, only few differences, like if you give up 15 damage which seems a lot, but you gain a ton 100 armor, which makes you still competitive. That's what i call real tradeoff.

Edward Coug
08-27-2015, 03:27 PM
I'm going a bit off, but I still have a hope in planar tombs upscale to lvl46.

Maybe I'm not exaggerating when i tell, imbued gear is the best itemization in the game. Remember rogues always used potency, mages brutality, warriors will sets, or whichever is the best for damage in the past. But imbueds versions have almost same stats, all got crit damage, only few differences, like if you give up 15 damage which seems a lot, but you gain a ton 100 armor, which makes you still competitive. That's what i call real tradeoff.

If they scale up Imbueds for some reason, there will be no reason to farm the Rengol maps. Not gonna happen (even though I'm a huge fan of the Imbued sets).

nelson131
08-31-2015, 08:05 AM
The answer is to buff jewels drop rates and make them better so that they actually will become a viable way to enhance our gear.

Main stat jewels: each level of jewel should give 1 more main stat. Starting from excellent should give 2 more.

Lightning: greatly enhance the crit rate given, noble ones should give at least 1.1% crit. Also, all levels should give 2 primary stat, exellent jewels and above give 3 primary stats.

Chaos: not a big problem, but mabae give a first time bonus that doesnt stack with para (crit/main stat/dmg bonus % increase)

Nature/water: at least double the amount of hp/mana these gems give. Currently, they are worse then trash.

To me, it makes no sense for sts to add jewels that no one will use, so why not actually make the jewels work?

Criticism/suggestions welcomed.

*I have not invested in jewels as I currently am totally broke with 40k gold :P

Haligali
09-03-2015, 05:25 AM
Overall when we were implementing and designing the new Jewel system we felt it would be unfair to just strip everyone of their hard earned Gems, instead of allowing them to naturally become rare and eventually obsolete while players are also farming and crafting higher end jewels.

Dear Carapace

I hear this 'hard earned gems' phrase second time from a dev - Fibus mentioned also - let me describe my experience why is it wrong:
You guys did not run halloween, nor winter event. I did run, so i know better. Para gem was NOT hard earned, especially when you compare to Noble Fury, Finesse, Mind jewel. I did earn a para gem in every few (~2) hours during halloween, eye gem, i just bought a 20 pc for 400k gold each during winter. You can see this on prices, para gems selling ~5m gold on black market, while a noble Fury Jewel is close to ~10m range. Im nowhere close to craft any noble jewel yet after months of expansion release, but this is maybe because i rarely play the game now.

My point is, even fixing the chaos jewel stats wasnt enought - it is in par with a secondary para gem, which is good - but also need to fix lightning jewel stats too. And dont stop here, please take a look at madnex suggestion:

"make an announcement (both in-game and on forums) giving a month to everyone to socket their leftover gems before they are removed from the game completely."

since the first bonus of eye and para gems is so huge, they will worth 50m gold in the future im not kidding.

Why is it wrong, not just for the game - creates gap between rich and poor - but also for sts crew? Because you can release whatever new gear you want, those will be available for the masses, while op gems not, so people will save money for gems, gear will be minor factor.

There is no urge for me playing your game, when i can earn more gold while not playing your game, just sitting on gems.

Please consider madnex suggestion along with the fixing of the current useless jewel stats, and fixing the drop rate.

Thanks for reading.

Madnex
09-03-2015, 07:36 AM
Don't waste your breath hali, realizing this kind of stuff would require a deep in-game perspective; something that STS severely lacks atm. In the larger picture, the ones with overpowered event gems to sit on and/or use in future gear are the 5%. No big deal, they think, right? Well, unfortunately, no. Simply because that 5% can and will dominate every single aspect of the game for another season or two, be it PvE timed runs or PvP.

New players must be thrilled to join in at a game which crowns the older players simply because they were there before them.

Ipoopsy
10-07-2015, 12:27 PM
Don't waste your breath hali, realizing this kind of stuff would require a deep in-game perspective; something that STS severely lacks atm. In the larger picture, the ones with overpowered event gems to sit on and/or use in future gear are the 5%. No big deal, they think, right? Well, unfortunately, no. Simply because that 5% can and will dominate every single aspect of the game for another season or two, be it PvE timed runs or PvP.

New players must be thrilled to join in at a game which crowns the older players simply because they were there before them.

I'm not trying to be rude and all, but have YOU ever run a business before?

If not, you really have no clue why they trying to Phase out those Parastones and Eyes.

Like you said, it's only the 5%. They looking at the game as a whole, not as the 5% of the people who would love to get their hands on those gems/stones again, then it be impossible to fix in the future.

What would you do IF you own a business? Would you cater to:

1. the 5% (spoil rich/whiners/complainers)?

Or

2. the 95% (average/casual players)?

And i can guaranteed you that, the 95% generates more $$$ for them in the long run.

Tatman
10-07-2015, 01:09 PM
Ipoopsy, I still can't understand what you've been trying to say all this time in the various gems/jewels discussions. All I got is you don't want any gems back and you don't want any improvements in the current jewel system. Your opinion seems to be along the lines of "everything is perfect". Feel free to correct me, if I am wrong.

Ipoopsy
10-07-2015, 05:09 PM
Ipoopsy, I still can't understand what you've been trying to say all this time in the various gems/jewels discussions. All I got is you don't want any gems back and you don't want any improvements in the current jewel system. Your opinion seems to be along the lines of "everything is perfect". Feel free to correct me, if I am wrong.

The bottom line is let it all Phase Out. The more you ask of the parastone or eyes gems to come back, the bigger the problem in the future. That's what i've been saying all before.

But if they do come back.

IMO, they should only have 1 parastone /eye gems affect per characters. (No more stacking)

And i know most people who have multiple parastone/eye will not like it. That's how you will balance part of the game out and no more OP players. That's another alternative. But like i said, most won't like this way.

Tatman
10-07-2015, 09:10 PM
I would be fine with letting gems phase out, if we were given something comparable and competitive in terms of jewels. Comparable both in stats and in estimated farming time. Do we have this? No. Do we have any idea, if we will have this in the near future? No. That's why I won't stop talking about this, or whining if you wish. And I'm definitely not willing to wait for a year or two or God knows how long to see STS' grand plan on jewels (if they have one at all).

And by the way, I find your logic rather flawed. Could you explain to me why hoarders (rich/op/famous/whatever players) would want para/eye back or the jewel system fixed? Each of these events would mean that their gems:

a) are no longer rare/op (hence hoarders could no longer have a huge advantage in terms of stats);
b) no longer cost millions (hence hoarders lose gold).

Para/eye hoarders are much better right now: discontinued op gems, laughable jewel system => op stats and millions of gold. Why would they want something to change? Which brings me to the next logical question. Are you, Ipoopsy, a para/eye hoarder?

Maarkus
10-07-2015, 11:33 PM
Inwas wondering if they could look i to combined jewelmrecipes to compensate for the reinforced/enchanted and para gems.

Reinforced jewel recipe would combine a stat jewel and armor jewel making it compete with the reinforced gems
Enchanted jewel recipe would combine one of each stat jewel and a lightining jewel to compete with the enchanted
Paraleceus jewel recipe would combine a stat jewel with chaos to compete with paragems

Problem is thats 24new recipes, if combinations are done per tier.

Just a thought, if not in line with the thread pls ignore.

Thanks

Maarkus

Haligali
10-08-2015, 04:33 AM
The bottom line is let it all Phase Out. The more you ask of the parastone or eyes gems to come back, the bigger the problem in the future. That's what i've been saying all before.

I see now a total uncontrolled 'phrase out', what if i just hold my gems longer, or someone take a long break for 1 year because exams/work, then comes back after a year with full of gems in his inventory? Also rarely better/worse new gear makes gems sitting in stashes. We must stop this nonsense!

But if they do come back.

I dont think bringing them back is good too. Then all the jewels will be useless. Good solution i think is this:
"make an announcement (both in-game and on forums) giving a month to everyone to socket their leftover gems before they are removed from the game completely."

IMO, they should only have 1 parastone /eye gems affect per characters. (No more stacking)

That was the intention when they released these gems, there is a non-stackable first bonus (para 5.0 damage, eye 1% crit), actually it failed..

Lvl46 mythic helm estimated cost ~3m gold, 1 pc eye gem 3m gold. You think its ok?

Kinhdoanh
10-08-2015, 10:08 AM
Inwas wondering if they could look i to combined jewelmrecipes to compensate for the reinforced/enchanted and para gems.

Reinforced jewel recipe would combine a stat jewel and armor jewel making it compete with the reinforced gems
Enchanted jewel recipe would combine one of each stat jewel and a lightining jewel to compete with the enchanted
Paraleceus jewel recipe would combine a stat jewel with chaos to compete with paragems

Problem is thats 24new recipes, if combinations are done per tier.

Just a thought, if not in line with the thread pls ignore.

Thanks

Maarkus

I think the "combined jewel recipe" is kinda realistic. I mean there is no way sts introduces a new jewel system that is worse than the old one, they must have their own plan to complete it in a way that we users all feel satisfied about it. If this comes true, i dont think we need 24 new recipes :) just the 3 basis ones: Reinforced jewel recipe, enchanted jewel recipe and paracelcus jewel recipe, plus a note in each recipe that "comebine stats of jewel ingredients AT THE SAME TIER" so only cracked jewels r able to be crafted with each other, and similar to other higher tier jewels :)