PDA

View Full Version : Cross-level drops in Sandstone Caves

Snakespeare
05-03-2011, 05:15 PM
I have seen two cross-level items drop in SS Caves. One was a level 29 Sniper's Bone Tunic, and one was a level 30 Lightning Bolt Staff of Mastery.

It's weird, to me, because these items are above level 25.

Also, both items didn't drop off the bosses, but off of hallway golems.

I wonder what's up with that?

Pokechmp
05-03-2011, 05:18 PM
I have seen two cross-level items drop in SS Caves. One was a level 29 Sniper's Bone Tunic, and one was a level 30 Lightning Bolt Staff of Mastery.

It's weird, to me, because these items are above level 25.

Also, both items didn't drop off the bosses, but off of hallway golems.

I wonder what's up with that?
did they drop from big golems? They got better drops.

Snakespeare
05-03-2011, 05:23 PM
In chatbox they are telling me this is happening in Gauntlet. Yes, they did drop from the big golems.

Lowlyspy
05-03-2011, 05:23 PM
yeah the big golems occasionally drop the cross-level pinks, very rare though

Snakespeare
05-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Got a lot of gem swords in Gauntlet, too.

Is it possible that Gauntlet is a cross-level drop zone, and not a Sandstone Caves Pinks area?

Skeleton Cult, King's Forest, Magic Castle, Mega Maze Mash-Up, and now Golem Gauntlet...

FluffNStuff
05-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Hey guys,

To clarify, the new legendary items only drop from the bosses in the main story-line dungeons: Chapters 1 through 5. The Golem Gauntlet is a mini-dungeon - it allows you to fight all five bosses easily, but it's not meant for you to farm it for lewtz.

From a post where people were seeing hammers and lightning staffs in the Gauntlet.

giayuan
05-03-2011, 06:19 PM
From a post where people were seeing hammers and lightning staffs in the Gauntlet.

Ooo thanks fluff =)

Snakespeare
05-04-2011, 11:48 AM
So we understand... the Golem Gauntlet is not meant for us to farm loot. What is it meant for, then? Is it a cross level?

RedRyder
05-04-2011, 11:51 AM
So we understand... the Golem Gauntlet is not meant for us to farm loot. What is it meant for, then? Is it a cross level?

to take up space lol

Coltona
05-04-2011, 01:09 PM
It's just like all the alien oasis's, a djinn or one of the lorekeepers can drop pinks, just not very often. The only thing with the two you said dropped is that they can be found in other areas of the game as well.

Rusalio
05-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Hmmmm, don't really see an issue here with cross drops. Sort of nice for a change.

BeardedBear
05-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Hmmmm, don't really see an issue here with cross drops. Sort of nice for a change.

We already have the option to farm these elsewhere.

Here is the problem(s):
1. We already can farm these drops elsewhere. They are neither good, rare, or worth any money.
2. We have a brand new campaign, and the last map doesn't drop any of new items the other maps offer, but it DOES have all the hard bosses. Why would anyone play this if you have to work harder and get no reward for it?

War Hammer of legend USED to be rare and a unique item. This saddens me.

Snakespeare
05-04-2011, 01:27 PM
I agree, Rusalio. Cross-level drops are actually rare in themselves, and I consider them good drops. But the pinks are 29, which is too high for this map. There has already been one post from someone saying that they got a level 29 pink and assumed it meant that drops don't scale in SSC.

On the other hand, is it intentional for the loot table from the cross-levels to be used on some of the hallways golems, not only in the Gauntlet? That seems weird to me. Is it intentional, or is it a mistake?

I personally like getting cross-level pinks. :)

Arterra
05-04-2011, 02:03 PM
It just feels like a wasted map. If I won't get new items beating new bosses, no point..

StompArtist
05-04-2011, 02:26 PM
It just feels like a wasted map. If I won't get new items beating new bosses, no point..

I agree. No pink and no real advantage on getting XP faster either. It has no purpose at all.

Snakespeare
05-04-2011, 02:28 PM
I keep going back and forth on this. It's always nice to get a Sniper's Bone Tunic, but I hate it when the new level 56 players say "Meh" about it. It seems so wrong in so many ways for people to say "Meh" about level 29 items. It's like they have no appreciation for the number of hours others have put into farming them with no success, and here they are about to liquidate the thing. Kids today...

Questions: Are ALL the lesser golems using this drop table? Or are there light and dark colored lesser golems using different drop tables? (If so, then the dark ones have the same table as gauntlet.) And then... is that* on purpose, or an editing error?

* = by "that" I mean level 29 items dropping in the first five maps

RedRyder
05-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Still a waste of a map. Who wants to keep fighting the bosses back to back in one map for no real reward? Who does this for fun?? This is the first boss map of it's kind and it really makes NO sense.

Snakespeare
05-04-2011, 09:38 PM
If the drop rate is higher than the other cross level maps, then it is useful for that... only.