PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Productions

NeoQueen
05-03-2011, 06:58 PM
So, I am a huge Marvel fan when it comes to X-Men. I was raised on them. We collected the cartoons, cards, comics, and action figures. So imagine how happy I was when Marvel started doing their own movies.

I loved the Iron Man movies, and Hulk with Edward Norton was pretty good.

This Friday Thor comes out, and then Captain America sometime later.

Anyone else excited that the summer movies have officially started?

LIGHTNINGLORD67
05-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Yeah man! Some of my favorite movies are also coming out during tthe summer as well :D cant wait!

Fatpigwarrior
05-03-2011, 07:02 PM
i WANT TO SEE THOR
LOL caps was on

Roc
05-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Super excited! At the same time, I'm...afraid of what Natalie Portman will do to Thor...the previews, though short I know, don't give off the vibe for her "I belong in this movie!"

RedRyder
05-03-2011, 07:07 PM
i was raised on marvel too, and my life goal is to work for them as an illustrator.
too look at the marvel stuff that ive made, dig around in my deviant art :) (link is in my sig)

NeoQueen
05-03-2011, 07:07 PM
@ jpgskill---I probably would have written that all in caps on purpose. Thor looks epic! Hopefully it won't disappoint.

@ Roc---maybe she was just tired after filming Black Swan, if it was done after. However, I also agree. Some great movies have been ruined by poor female leads.

And a purely feminine question...Is it me or is there a lot of eye candy in the summer movies?
(Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Chris Helmsworth, Chris Evans, Ryan Reynolds, Johnny Depp, Bradley Cooper...etc)

NeoQueen
05-03-2011, 07:09 PM
i was raised on marvel too, and my life goal is to work for them as an illustrator.
too look at the marvel stuff that ive made, dig around in my deviant art :) (link is in my sig)

Wait, you did those from scratch? Without any template??? Like, Dr. Doom was all you?

RedRyder
05-03-2011, 07:33 PM
i worked off of a picture of course, but it still takes a long time nonetheless. dr doom, howard duck, spiderman and the other hand done ones were with indian ink. the dr doom was my first using ink and it took me 4 hrs

kdnuttall
05-03-2011, 10:45 PM
Very nice red ryder

LIGHTNINGLORD67
05-04-2011, 12:46 AM
Lol dr doom reminds me of one of my teachers. We call him MISTER Doom. His last name is doom I swear :O!