PDA

View Full Version : Panimage 7" Android Tablet

Wicked Caccavari
05-04-2011, 12:58 PM
I've just been looking around at tablets because I'd love to have at least a cheap one. When I came across the Panimage 7" Tablet that's cheap.

I was wondering if Pocket Legends works with this? I'd like a definite answer from someone that has one and plays PL on it often if it does work. I don't wanna waste money if it doesn't work on the tablet.

Are there any other cheap tablets out there? I don't have a ton of money to spend on one.

Tengotengo
05-04-2011, 05:21 PM
cheap tablets really show their flaws. Bad screen view angles, resistive touch screens or lousy capacitives, non-standard Android, blah blah blah. I spent a long time wrestling with the idea of buying a cheapo for games, but you probably won't like the end result. The Velocity Micro Cruz was one I've been close to getting at $130, but with 256megs of ram, it won't be able to play any newer mmos that come out, like Dungeons Defenders or Order and Chaos.

I just looked it up. If you're buying from QVC, don't. Here's a forum post about this tablet.
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-news/2624-panimage-media-tablet-7-google-android-wifi-multimedia-129-95-free-s-h-qvc.html

You may want to go to tigerdirect and newegg. they always have good prices.

Wicked Caccavari
05-05-2011, 02:13 PM
The main games I'd play are Pocket Legends and Blackstar once it's out.

The reason I want a tablet device or something similar is because I'd rather not play on my phone anymore. If I could find a fairly cheap iPod Touch I'd be fine with that even. I just can't afford very much right now.

Snakespeare
05-05-2011, 03:04 PM
I saw the Nook Color the other day. It can accept Android 2.2. It costs $249. Was talking with a droidie yesterday who uses G-Tablet with a special rom that runs Android 3.0. It costs $349.

Wicked Caccavari
05-05-2011, 03:07 PM
I could probably find a cheaper Nook if I look on Craigslist.

I'm sure if I sold my World of Warcraft account I could afford one.

Tengotengo
05-05-2011, 06:33 PM
It'll be a lot easier if you will be satisfied with a 7" screen. Used Nooks and Galaxy Tabs are all over the place.

Wicked Caccavari
05-05-2011, 10:03 PM
It'll be a lot easier if you will be satisfied with a 7" screen. Used Nooks and Galaxy Tabs are all over the place.

I'll be satisfied with any tablet-like device.

StompArtist
05-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Look at the viewing angles of the gtablet in a store and if you are not turned away by it and purchase one ill hook you up with 3.0 and walk you through loading the proper rom. Stock software is junk but once loaded with the right software you will feel the power of a tegra 2 pocessor . Loading the rom takes roughly an hour. You need a pc with a usb port.

Wicked Caccavari
05-05-2011, 10:30 PM
If I had the spare $349 for a G-Tablet, I'd probably just get a bit extra and buy a used iPad.

StompArtist
05-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Ok

/10char

Tengotengo
05-06-2011, 02:44 AM
if it helps, I've seen the gtablet as low as 250. I was gonna buy it until I convinced myself that I wanted a better one and sucked up the extra money. There's also a really nice dual-boot 7" tablet from Viewsonic for the same cost. Dual-boot meaning it can run either Windows or Android, in case you wanna play a PC game as well. I thought it'd be sort of cool to play DDO on a tablet...

Wicked Caccavari
05-06-2011, 08:44 AM
if it helps, I've seen the gtablet as low as 250. I was gonna buy it until I convinced myself that I wanted a better one and sucked up the extra money. There's also a really nice dual-boot 7" tablet from Viewsonic for the same cost. Dual-boot meaning it can run either Windows or Android, in case you wanna play a PC game as well. I thought it'd be sort of cool to play DDO on a tablet...

That's something I'll look into.

1337arded
11-22-2011, 08:24 PM
I recently purchased a galaxy tab 7" it runs pl smoothly and looks greatwith stock 2.2 software and appkiller... Picked mine up for 90 on eBay cuz sim card slot is broke I just use wifi:)