PDA

View Full Version : We NEED more than THREE maps to revitalize the PVE Experience

Candylicks
08-21-2015, 06:58 AM
Arlor is a splendid world in which we learned to fine tune our class, meet new friends, and share plenty of exciting PvE adventures. After we finally grew weary of the loot and runs of elite Tind, StS gave us the planar tombs but smartly kept us running elite tind/shuyal AND arena to gather up materials for our planar amulet and nekro crafting. It truly kept the game pumping and we were reinvigorated by completing these tasks. They did a wonderful job tying in all of these areas with the parchment quest line and the amulet, and it's a true honor to be one of the people who can craft a nekro. These players have worked hard to obtain that recipe.

However, there are many parts in our world that simply have become dormant. With the power leveling to 41, the loot that has never been refreshed, and the fact that old elites are not scaled to 46 we simply never use 95% of the game anymore. Now we either farm for vials, there are a few dedicated teeth farmers, or we run just map 2 in Garetta. From what I can tell the elite campaign of Garetta will keep us just running three maps over and over and over again. Can you imagine if you downloaded a new game from the app store and it only had THREE maps? That is pretty much the same thing as what we have going on here.

Let's back up to those of us who played during the 'Tour of Arlor' contest that was a player-sponsored event in which we were required to run every single elite map. It was one of the highlights of my entire year here in Arlor. We had a blast running the old maps together and showing them to new players who simply never completed them before, I mean unless you are doing the AP why would you? It is clear that given a good reason that the community still has interest in these maps and it breaks up the monotony of being limited to three playable areas.

I would love to see incentive to open the game back up again, but not because the players have to create the need. StS would do the community a solid to take time and give us incentive running the old elite areas again. There are many ideas peppered inside of the forums of HOW to do this. Some of my favorite ideas have been refreshing the loot table. How about adding retired eggs, even some of the red ones, in the old maps? What about ankh or vanity? Heck even some of the new materials for gear would get us in there. Also, the maps truly do need to raise up in difficulty to l46 so the maps are challenging and fun, and the loot is earned.

I just can't see myself grinding three maps for long. I have already lost interest with the orc slayer quest, and how we were pigeon holed into a single map for so much time.

Please consider this. Community if you have any ideas as to what you would like to farm in old elites please comment as well. I am just scratching the surface on something that I feel passionately about. Arlor is wonderful, ALL of it. Thank you for reading and considering.

<3

Candy

notfaded1
08-21-2015, 07:05 AM
I concur. I never understood why it's hard to make maps... Only thing I can think is the way they are built? If it was me I'd invest in making tools that make it easy for map building and laying out easily... So easy that it doesn't take a programmer to do

Then the hardest part would be storyline and making new sprites...

nelson131
08-21-2015, 07:06 AM
agreed.....was expecting at least 5 maps this expansion. just shorten the current maps and make more new maps!

Wutzgood
08-21-2015, 07:13 AM
It would be great if all old elite gear was scaled to 45/46. Id love to have a 46 nordr jewel, archi pylon or firesquid rod to use in current maps.

Candylicks
08-21-2015, 07:16 AM
It would be great if all old elite gear was scaled to 45/46. Id love to have a 46 nordr jewel, archi pylon or firesquid rod to use in current maps.
Yes!!! I still have my firesquid. That was hands down my favorite Mage staff. This is a nice idea Wutz as well. Then the regular maps can continue to drop the level appropriate ones for people who play the game from 1-46 the old school way.

notfaded1
08-21-2015, 07:19 AM
Also I sure hope we are going to have elites and arcane crafted Daggs sooner than later. I'm hoping the shards flooding market wasn't just so everyone had an arcane ring.

mesalin
08-21-2015, 07:30 AM
Agree to it :)
I love the idea about old weps increase to lvl 45/46
Yeah elites also ... Who still run brack elite? I guess only new players for APS

<Forgiveness>

Dimitrian
08-21-2015, 07:31 AM
Maybe sts made only 3 maps to prepare a surprise for us...
Either this or they were too busy with Call of Champions.

Back to the topic,i like wutz's idea of scaling the elites.Nordr jewel FTW.
My idea is to introduce the concept of RAIDS (but not calling them raids,maybe "battles" or "plunders"??).

Bigboyblue
08-21-2015, 07:32 AM
This needs to be done. There is no reason to have maps not scaled to 46 when they are elite. I joined just before the tindrin expansion. I ran every map below tindrin one time for the AP. Literally 1 time each map. This makes absolutely no sense. Why even have an elite zone for the maps? It would be great if the ingredients for the new mythics dropped all over arlor. Give us a reason to fight Frostr or Rutger. These maps are very well put together and it is a shame that there is no point to running them.

Wutzgood
08-21-2015, 07:33 AM
Yes!!! I still have my firesquid. That was hands down my favorite Mage staff. This is a nice idea Wutz as well. Then the regular maps can continue to drop the level appropriate ones for people who play the game from 1-46 the old school way.

At the 41 cap I still used a level 40 nordr jewel but firesquid capped at 35. Those old weapons had great procs that I would still find useful. Like never running out of mana with the archi pylon.

MysticRob
08-21-2015, 07:33 AM
I agree, there needs to be more elite maps to run. That fact that the only place to farm jewels is Garetta is crazy.

If all elite maps had the same or similar jewel drops as the Garetta maps that would be a big step to help. Not a fix, just a step in the right direction.

Diggdugg
08-21-2015, 07:49 AM
All those ideas would be fantastic, to have the maps scaled to 46 with a reason to run them, candy is absolutely correct nobody runs any of the maps that are in the game, when you hit end game. It's basically like a funnel the higher you get in the game the less there is to do. Sts open the maps give us inventive to run them again to revitalize the dying game...

Titanium
08-21-2015, 07:55 AM
I'm here to say that i agree with Candy's post. More people are coming online when is actually something to do in game. Ursoth was a very disappointing event (from my side ). I hope you guys did better than me !

Arlor is a splendid world in which we learned to fine tune our class, meet new friends, and share plenty of exciting PvE adventures.

(Off-topic)
From my PvP experience i can say: I met wonderful people in PvP. Some of them are so kind and they want to present me to their friends " jjjjjjoiiiin fast titanium is here ". Awesome adventures in my spawn.

Bmwmsix
08-21-2015, 08:01 AM
I think to many good developer/programmer left stg and that's why last expansion had only 3 maps besides all the usual recycled garbage. Maybe we should look for some brilliant developer/programmer for stg. Someone whos life is dedicated to mmorpgs :banana:

mesalin
08-21-2015, 08:06 AM
I think to many good developer/programmer left stg and that's why last expansion had only 3 maps besides all the usual recycled garbage. Maybe we should look for some brilliant developer/programmer for stg. Someone whos life is dedicated to mmorpgs :banana:
Nice idea Lol or just we on forum can Create new maps :D i see everybody here have awesome ideas

<Forgiveness>

Jazzi
08-21-2015, 08:29 AM
+1000 000 to this. 3 maps is certainly not enough to keep most people's attention. As of now we practically have 3 as well: elite wilds, arena and cryo mines. The result is a staggeringly low guild activity even during the event. The whole idea to extend the play-ability of the game by setting different bottlenecks, such as the current need to farm 100 insignias per character, which will take 80-120 hours of gameplay depending on the pts u get in, is not certainly not the best. If the new mythic quest is set up the same way the decline in interest is gonna be fast and steep.

Thanks Candy fr addressing this issue and I am sure on this most players share your views!
Thanks u sts in advance for reading and taking necessary actions.

Dimitrian
08-21-2015, 09:00 AM
Didn't anyone notice my idea of raids :c

Caabatric
08-21-2015, 09:12 AM

This would also cause a huge diversity in the gear end-game players use, especially if mythic weapons are only 10 damage and like 50-100 health higher than the legendary weapons!!

Serancha
08-21-2015, 09:28 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?238388-Scaling-of-old-elite-maps The discussion has been had, and the devs said no.

I strongly agree that this decision needs to be rethunk by STS, for exactly the reasons originally stated. I can't even bring myself to log in these days. The idea of being limited to 3 maps for the month+ orcslayer quest followed by what will likely be a 2 month mythic quest, and then 36 years of farming those same 3 maps 3 hours a day to acquire and craft the noble jewels needed to perfect the set.... there is nothing fun about repetition ad nauseam, and we are already past that point.

By scaling up all elite maps to 46 and allowing us to farm the primary stat jewels (and gear quest items like insignias) from those elite maps, STS would be allowing players to choose how they wanted to play the game. They would allow players to choose what content they wanted to play on any given day.

The maps are there - get out of the headspace where players MUST use the newest maps exclusively. It is going to kill the game.

Ssneakykills
08-21-2015, 09:45 AM
This seriously needs to be considered and I wish I participated in the tour of Arlor instead of twinking

umarrahim
08-21-2015, 10:13 AM
Here is my idea.

Why should we stick to just arlor. There should be new region and every region should have a story/quest line which connects them to other regions.

If sts starts creating a new region now it will probably take them around 6 months and ofcourse future quest shouldnt be like the orcslaying quest

I agree with candy's idea about scaling the old elites with the new cap and loot table should be refreshed

Sent from my LG-F200S using Tapatalk

umarrahim
08-21-2015, 10:18 AM
I love the old seasons vanity like the green arlor and red arlor and the looks of old armors aswell sts please bring back delphina and the rest of the old programmers

Visiting
08-21-2015, 10:27 AM
I love the old seasons vanity like the green arlor and red arlor and the looks of old armors aswell sts please bring back delphina and the rest of the old programmers

Delphina wasn't a developer, she was a moderator on the forums, meaning she monitored the community and kept STS informed on what the players were doing, what they wanted and that kinda thing. Also, I'm pretty sure she won't be back.

Andrisber
08-21-2015, 10:27 AM
I'd love to use Abyssal of Warfare on my lvl 46 *-*

Serancha
08-21-2015, 10:43 AM
I don't understand the devs' reluctance to implement this. We don't need "new" content, we just want to use all the content already in the game. Scaling up the old elites would be far far less work than making new maps and (buggy) events, and it would increase player interest exponentially.

The more interested we are, the more we will log in, and the more maps we will run. The more elites we can run, the more elixirs and ankhs we will use. This translates to a direct source of revenue. We are not asking for things to be made easy (the opposite in fact), we're not asking the devs to do a pile of extra work, nor are we asking for new content.

It's not about scaling up old weapons and armour. It's about giving us options on where we farm the new items that require countless runs to obtain.

Avshow
08-21-2015, 10:50 AM
make a hardcore mod of all maps......................normal--->elite--->hardcore

Candylicks
08-21-2015, 11:18 AM
I don't understand the devs' reluctance to implement this. We don't need "new" content, we just want to use all the content already in the game. Scaling up the old elites would be far far less work than making new maps and (buggy) events, and it would increase player interest exponentially.

The more interested we are, the more we will log in, and the more maps we will run. The more elites we can run, the more elixirs and ankhs we will use. This translates to a direct source of revenue. We are not asking for things to be made easy (the opposite in fact), we're not asking the devs to do a pile of extra work, nor are we asking for new content.

It's not about scaling up old weapons and armour. It's about giving us options on where we farm the new items that require countless runs to obtain.

I don't understand it either!!! What is the point of making this wonderful game and then having the most of it go to graveyard? Especially because the expansion is THREE maps, we really need something more. I don't even know if I have it in me to just run 3 maps anymore. Then you finally make your mythics and then what? Back to the same thing... if they kept the whole elite realm fresh with loot and difficulty then there is more depth to it.

Wutzgood
08-21-2015, 11:50 AM
If it goes off past elite stages we can still get 45 gear from shuyal or tindrin. Nordr and earlier won't go higher tho if it was like every other season. Kraken scaled to 35 and Nordr to 41.

After reading the other topic sedancha posted they said they would pass the idea along. It still may get implemented in the future.

Remiem
08-21-2015, 01:33 PM
To shed some light on the reasoning behind 3 maps this expansion... Many of you remember that there was quite a long time between the Tindirin expansion and the Ren'gol expansion. Nearly a year! Of course there were many new things in between, like Planar Tombs/Arena, the addition of the event system and 4 exciting world events. The trend here being: We want to get you guys smaller bites of content, with LESS time in between.

As the dedicated players you are, you consume content EXTREMELY quickly. Ren'gol was created over 6 months of hard work and post-release most people reached cap in.... 6 days (or less!). And we all remember the mind-blowing 48 hour turn around for the Rebuilding Garetta event. We love that players are so excited and dedicated to the game that they get through the content so quickly, but we want to make sure that we can keep up with the demand.

Thus, we moved from the traditional formula of a larger 5 map expansion to a smaller 3 map expansion, with the idea that it would be quickly followed by new content (Ursoth's, elites, etc.) and the train would keep rolling from there, preventing that lull that we saw after Tindirin where we were working but there was a lag between when we you finished one piece of content and we finished creating the next.

Candy, I love that you brought this up and the suggestion (as most people have agreed) is a good one--to revive old content. But the thing is, we're working on NEW content! Much of it is to be announced, but we've got new stuff in the works all the way through the end of the year--and beyond. The only thing to keep in mind is that while anything can seem simple, it's a process. Art, design, balancing, testing and more testing all take time. Trust us, we're as excited to get our new stuff out as you are to try it out, but we've got to take the time to make it great before we put it in the hands of the players.

Stay tuned! Lots of exciting stuff is on the way.

Oezheasate
08-21-2015, 02:02 PM
To shed some light on the reasoning behind 3 maps this expansion... Many of you remember that there was quite a long time between the Tindirin expansion and the Ren'gol expansion. Nearly a year! Of course there were many new things in between, like Planar Tombs/Arena, the addition of the event system and 4 exciting world events. The trend here being: We want to get you guys smaller bites of content, with LESS time in between.

As the dedicated players you are, you consume content EXTREMELY quickly. Ren'gol was created over 6 months of hard work and post-release most people reached cap in.... 6 days (or less!). And we all remember the mind-blowing 48 hour turn around for the Rebuilding Garetta event. We love that players are so excited and dedicated to the game that they get through the content so quickly, but we want to make sure that we can keep up with the demand.

Thus, we moved from the traditional formula of a larger 5 map expansion to a smaller 3 map expansion, with the idea that it would be quickly followed by new content (Ursoth's, elites, etc.) and the train would keep rolling from there, preventing that lull that we saw after Tindirin where we were working but there was a lag between when we you finished one piece of content and we finished creating the next.

Candy, I love that you brought this up and the suggestion (as most people have agreed) is a good one--to revive old content. But the thing is, we're working on NEW content! Much of it is to be announced, but we've got new stuff in the works all the way through the end of the year--and beyond. The only thing to keep in mind is that while anything can seem simple, it's a process. Art, design, balancing, testing and more testing all take time. Trust us, we're as excited to get our new stuff out as you are to try it out, but we've got to take the time to make it great before we put it in the hands of the players.

I think implementing a new more attractive loot table for the old elite maps would still be a very positive development for the player base, players won't be forced anymore to farm the same map over and over. Of course you would need to scale the difficulty but even though this would be hard work for you guys you would profit more from it then from example the effort you have put into the ursoth event as it will keep the player base happy and playing for a longer period of time.

PhoenixPrime
08-21-2015, 02:28 PM

We started playing the game this year, and spent a lot of time and plat, and had a blast for about 6 months. But all of the excitement wore out real quick.
The only thing that keeps us logging on right now are the events, and trying to get a Nekro (now that we can survive the tougher areas). Even then, our hours spent playing the game have dropped dramatically.

We were REALLY hoping for more with the new expansion, but even with the great graphics, it got old fairly quickly.

So please, make sure you guys stick to your word with "Lots of exciting stuff" being on the way. Keep us logging on and spending money.

Candylicks
08-21-2015, 02:37 PM
As you said we burn through the new content faster than you can keep up. By scaling elites and refreshing loot gives sts more wiggle room between the new.

Thanks for the reply remi, it's appreciated.

Diggdugg
08-21-2015, 03:49 PM
I agree remi, if you can scale the elites up to end game and re do some of the loot scales in the. it would give you all more time to work on the new content without having to hear all of us complain about lack of content, while giving us all reason to run all the maps again, we are all funneled to the same three maps and nobody runs the rest give us a reason to run all of arlor

umarrahim
08-21-2015, 05:36 PM

Remiem how long can it take to refresh just a loot table maybe you can work on it after halloween. It might take around 2 months (assuming every map is being scalled) and please please please dont let us down on the halloween event. You lost some players already cuz of the current event

warriorromio
08-21-2015, 08:33 PM
Check thread of G-M..
of Last friday..
He said that a ork warrior king is rising again...
Means ther is a new boss..
Still they not reveal in normal maps...
So may be new map will come with him ..

MysticRob
08-21-2015, 08:52 PM

Remi, I feel there has been WAY too much hype. STS has been over promising/promoting and under delivering.

Maybe under delivering isn't exactly correct. New content and events are regularly released with entirely too many bugs, and have an incomplete feel to them. Nerfing and buffing are common place. This is really bad for the community.

Scaling the existing content should be considerably easier than creating new. This would also give STS time to work out the bugs and deliver more quality content, instead of rushing it.

Avshow
08-21-2015, 09:30 PM
thx for the response...but, this answer is pain....let's see the fact as following

the game start at 10/xx/2012, then season 1 end on 1/02/2013, 2+months we got Deadcity 5 maps with elite
season 2, from 1/02/2013 to 3/10/2013, 2+ months we got Kraken Isles 5 maps with elite
season 3, from 3/10/2013 to 6/03/2013, 3- months we got Nordr 5 maps with elite and arena
season 4, from 6/03/2013 to 10/04/2013, 4 months we got Shuyal 5 maps with elite
season 5, from 10/04/2013 to 8/20/2015 10+ months we got Tindirin 5 maps with elite
season 6, from 8/20/2014 to 9/15/2015 1- months we got Planar Tomb 3 maps no elite
season 7, from 9/15/2014 to 7/01/2015 9+ months we got only 3 Clinstone Caverns map WITHOUT elite

the above times already shows the fact that: the dev speed has become EXTREMELY LOW after season 4 !!! I know stg has lots new games to develop , I know stg also need to modify the chinese version of AL, but please do not fool the players. The efficiency of the developing new maps on AL are becoming lower and lower. PLAYERS ARE LOSING!!

zerofort
08-21-2015, 09:30 PM
Thank you for the reply remi im looking forword to the new content:) having said that perhaps you should cunsider candy's proposal of scaling old elites it seems like a win win. Im sure it may take time to do but uk the comunity would wait for it seeing as this has been something people have wanted for so long

Serancha
08-21-2015, 10:40 PM

That is the whole problem - we want to play the content we have while we wait for the "little bites" to come out.

I can't comprehend why this is hard to understand. Do the new devs not want us playing stuff the earlier devs made? Because that is the ONLY reason I can see to not make the old maps playable.

You keep telling us you're working on new content, but we play faster than you can make it. So what's the problem with letting us play the content that is already here? We still haven't had an explanation for this. Telling us you're making new stuff is not a response. We would rather wait a month or two for the next "little bite" if it means we get to play all the maps to farm for our jewels and insignias in the meantime.

You gave us the same response 2 months ago when this request was first presented. It should tell you something that it's still being requested now.

Candylicks
08-22-2015, 06:03 AM
I also call not true that we get three maps so we get more content sooner. Ursoth? Old content mostly. Elites? Yep also old content more difficulty. It's been what two months since we unkocked Garetta and no elites.

Tbh the only thing keeping me here is my guild.

Onc2 starts in September and I will post my goodbyes then is my guess.

Even the mythics are eh. What am I going to run 3 maps for something I don't even plan to use?

It was a good ride here for a very long time. Truly it was.

fatallataf
08-22-2015, 06:51 AM
I totally agree with Candy. At the moment there is really nothing to farm and really no challenge in elite bracken, ydra, dead city, kraken nordr and shuyal (that is in total about 30 maps!).
The problem I see with the little "bites" u mentioned Remi is that they always become the by far most profitable place in the game. So as we all like to make gold the whole community focuses on that small piece of content. In my opinion this creates two major problems: The 1st one is, as u said Remi, new content is consumed really fast. The 2nd issue is that it is borring to run the same few maps all the time.
This said revitalising the old maps should be something to work on all the time. But sadly at the moment they aren't even scaled! I don't know how much work this is but please, take the effort! If these maps are scaled small stuff can be added from time to time. For examle having a rare vanity drop or a new pet drop (personally I would love to see a Kelvin with improved stats:3) in one of these regions would already be enough to give us a reason to farm there. I am sure there are many possibilities. The next step then could be to link new content/quests to old elite maps (like it has been done geniously with the planar pendant).
So again: Please. Please. Please scale the old elite maps.

regards
fatalla

Alhuntrazeck
08-22-2015, 06:53 AM

Thanks for the reply!

The way I see it, it's only beneficial to the community and devs if you were to scale the old elite maps to L46. Then, you can slow down production time for new content because we'll be more than satisfied with the existing content! Additionally it will help fill in the time between events. People have lots of fun memories of farming Jarl and Bael, Kettle, the Nordr maps for the awesome gear, and so on! Why not just scale those levels along with a modification in the drop table?

I LOVE the idea of putting old arcane eggs into older maps. Want a Hj? Farm elite kraken isles! Glacian? Nordr! Samael? Shuyal! Also ankh drops will significantly help the less equipped player base.

Which brings me to another point. The max geared players will be able to enjoy Glintstone (while it lasts) but the lower geared won't. This will help fill in that gap.

Another idea I have is, if the elite legendary gear is scaled to 46, we could have several tiers of gear. For example, the best elite gear will be the Ren'gol elite pinks. Next tier, the Tindirin ones. Then Shuyal. And so on.
For example, Mage weapons-
Mage: ??? > Magmatic > architect pylon > Nordr jewel >= L46 crate gear.

There is such a wealth of design in the previous maps, please don't let it go to waste!

Serancha
08-22-2015, 09:10 PM
I don't even care if they scale the old gear - that inevitable request probably why they are avoiding doing it. Scaling up all that old gear would be a lot more work and they keep insisting that the new content is most important.

However, it would take very little to scale the old elite maps to end game and add primary stat jewels and insignias in those loot tables. That is all they need to do to regain player interest and confidence. To allow people to farm these new low-drop-rate items where they choose.

Oursizes
08-22-2015, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the reply!

The way I see it, it's only beneficial to the community and devs if you were to scale the old elite maps to L46. Then, you can slow down production time for new content because we'll be more than satisfied with the existing content! Additionally it will help fill in the time between events. People have lots of fun memories of farming Jarl and Bael, Kettle, the Nordr maps for the awesome gear, and so on! Why not just scale those levels along with a modification in the drop table?

I LOVE the idea of putting old arcane eggs into older maps. Want a Hj? Farm elite kraken isles! Glacian? Nordr! Samael? Shuyal! Also ankh drops will significantly help the less equipped player base.

Which brings me to another point. The max geared players will be able to enjoy Glintstone (while it lasts) but the lower geared won't. This will help fill in that gap.

Another idea I have is, if the elite legendary gear is scaled to 46, we could have several tiers of gear. For example, the best elite gear will be the Ren'gol elite pinks. Next tier, the Tindirin ones. Then Shuyal. And so on.
For example, Mage weapons-
Mage: ??? > Magmatic > architect pylon > Nordr jewel >= L46 crate gear.

There is such a wealth of design in the previous maps, please don't let it go to waste!

Heck, they could make legendary,gold versions of pets like ribbit malison and others as well! This would keep the economy booming as many collectors would be buying eggs and players would be spread throughout over 30 maps instead of just 3-4. This will keep up prices everywhere else too

Candylicks
08-23-2015, 06:41 AM
Heck, they could make legendary,gold versions of pets like ribbit malison and others as well! This would keep the economy booming as many collectors would be buying eggs and players would be spread throughout over 30 maps instead of just 3-4. This will keep up prices everywhere else too

Ikr!! Thats great idea. Gold Mali, love it.

Kalahesi
08-26-2015, 04:48 AM
Release pets in these old elites that can be farmed that are comparable to how good Malison was for example back in season 5 when I started playing AL. Or buff these old pets so they become something people will want to farm for.