PDA

View Full Version : How many orcish chest did you open???

Portalkeeper
08-21-2015, 08:14 AM
...before getting the new mythic recipe?
Thanks!

Dimitrian
08-21-2015, 08:26 AM
The new what?
I don't think there are other mythics in the orc chests other than the ancestral rune.

Portalkeeper
08-21-2015, 08:28 AM
Yes, i was talking about the runes. I thought i typed it in there. Thanks

Ravintov
08-21-2015, 08:33 AM
Two people in my guild, get ancestral rune in first opening orc chest. But for me, i open total 50 chest till now, just get loot epic item. Now im not interested for opening chest again till release new myth or many player loot this item -.-
Its my story, how about other?

Dimitrian
08-21-2015, 08:57 AM
Two people in my guild, get ancestral rune in first opening orc chest. But for me, i open total 50 chest till now, just get loot epic item. Now im not interested for opening chest again till release new myth or many player loot this item -.-
Oh,i didn't open any chests,but i sold them and made about 300k :D

Candylicks
08-21-2015, 11:59 AM

I bought 5 million of orc crates at around 30-40K each and I looted ZERO Runes. Then another time 1.5 million of orc crates... and ZERO Runes.

Again, one of these random drops that will drive people insane.

:/

Edward Coug
08-21-2015, 12:14 PM
I bought 5 million of orc crates at around 30-40K each and I looted ZERO Runes. Then another time 1.5 million of orc crates... and ZERO Runes.

Again, one of these random drops that will drive people insane.

:/

I understand the frustration, but if the loot rate were higher, then there would be complaints about everyone having an ancestral rune, like the arcanes.

The other thing we have to keep in mind is that they probably will be lootable in the new elites. If the drop rate was high in the Orcish chests, it would one less thing to farm. (Unless, of course, the runes only come from Orcish chests, which would be a drag.)

Personally, I don't care for random loot chances. I'd rather have everything be like planar tombs where we collect fragments to buy items.

Candylicks
08-21-2015, 12:28 PM
I understand the frustration, but if the loot rate were higher, then there would be complaints about everyone having an ancestral rune, like the arcanes.

The other thing we have to keep in mind is that they probably will be lootable in the new elites. If the drop rate was high in the Orcish chests, it would one less thing to farm. (Unless, of course, the runes only come from Orcish chests, which would be a drag.)

Personally, I don't care for random loot chances. I'd rather have everything be like planar tombs where we collect fragments to buy items.
Yes I understand. It's still really frustrating and I complained about this before. You will no doubt have many many many players who just have bad luck and will never be able to get their hands on a rune yet will have run the maps a zillion times.

I'd be all for having a currency that we can farm and buy the mythic ingredients as a fail safe to these such players with a long grind attached to it.

I had this player in my guild I will never forget him the ign is Mcpeepants. He is one of the most hard core farmers that I know, and he doesn't buy plat. He ran arena omg. Sooooo many times for that amulet recipe. I mean to the point where it drove him almost to insanity.

Then you get someone who drops it in three runs. I understand that the random is a part of the mmo experience but here everything is based on luck.

It's a fine line to keep the game fun, players logging in... And not driving them away by always keeping the next level of gear simply out of reach because they can't reroll a freaking thing.

Candylicks
08-21-2015, 12:36 PM
And this I will say has always seemed to me that sts struggles with. I'm sure it's a bear to get right but the algorithm of a reroll. I actually think they tried to bump up 'slightly' the arcane drops in crates but they had a miss on it. How about the vial debacle? We complained for at least 6 months that vials were simply not dropping in maps. Here is another one.. How about the pinks in planar tombs? What a joke sometimes I would drop 2 planar clubs at once and another guy in my party got one too. It's always been issue in this game, either one extreme or the other.