PDA

View Full Version : My Outlook on the Elixirs

DJMdivine
05-04-2011, 06:56 PM
I think its kinda funny how most (not all) people who are already level 56 say no to bringing back elixirs even though they used them themselves when the time was right to buy for gold, but its also puts a strain on the people who cant use them anymore. I also think that disapproving of the subject on others threads is really funny cause if things come to worse and the next "elite status" comes and the devs rethink it and decide to not add it back for gold the people who were downing others saying "they need to do it without cause if not it wouldn't be elite enough" and they used elixirs are going to have a tougher time than the ones who did grind without pots later down the road. I approve of the 2x pots I don't really care about the rest, but seriously don't think your better cause you used them before the update this should be equal for all players before and after the update.

tifarah
05-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Honestly, I really hope they bring back at least the 2x elixir for gold. It does seem a little unfair for people who just started.

Fawayleik
05-04-2011, 07:01 PM
But dont forget the needed gold. For lvl 55 to 56 u need about 500k Gold on 2x pods. Dont forget the whipes and jumping out players...

Better keep the gold and buy a piece of an set ! ^.^

Fatpigwarrior
05-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Yeah.... I agree with tifarah

Fawayleik
05-04-2011, 07:03 PM
Let it be 1,5 to 2 mils on 2x pods for starting new twink...

DJMdivine
05-04-2011, 07:06 PM
@Fawayleik - I cant really understand what you wrote, but buying pots for level 56 and buying a piece of an armour set is your choice and your choice only.

Fawayleik
05-04-2011, 07:16 PM
I like elixiers for gold back too. ( My little bird cost 100 plats to lvl 23 -.- )I would pod my low twinks in a few days to 55...

Yea, my choice is to save the gold for pinks instead for the hardcore lvl...

RedRyder
05-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Agreed 110%

DJMdivine
05-04-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm glad many people see the heartache and dedication people without got to deal with as well. And people already with 56 im not forgetting you guys either takes a lot of determination.

Fyrce
05-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Not really. Didn't use that many elixirs and don't miss them. You guys do realize if you run in full groups, you'll get a 30% xp bonus... Just like an elixir. That's how I leveled all those levels before elixirs even existed. Level in groups and it's really fast.

DJMdivine
05-04-2011, 08:41 PM
The main point is you used them though. And thats why I dont like your post either cause you "had" the chance to use them even if you didnt, I dont have the chance that I did have... that "everybody" had anymore.

Moogerfooger
05-04-2011, 08:53 PM
I don't recall too many people not saying they didn't want elixirs to NOT be gold again...where is this proof? You have a link to a thread(s)? Sorry, I don't buy this "most (but not all)" one bit, because "most of not all" of the 55s and 56s I know hate it as well, just as much as you ;)

DJMdivine
05-04-2011, 09:11 PM
I will admit maybe I over exaggerated on the "most(but not all)" on accident, but to tell ya the truth I really don't approve of level 56's disapproving to bringing pots back for gold as they did have the chance so should everyone else. Not a fan of digging through other threads either just to find one comment to prove a point when it can be found in suggestions or discussion.

Slush
05-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Don't get your hopes up, I've posted 3 threads about this and didn't get a response from a developer. In fact, the last thing we heard about elixirs coming back for gold was "We're discussing bringing back some elixirs for gold". This was over 3 weeks ago now.

Moogerfooger
05-04-2011, 11:32 PM
I will admit maybe I over exaggerated on the "most(but not all)" on accident, but to tell ya the truth I really don't approve of level 56's disapproving to bringing pots back for gold as they did have the chance so should everyone else. Not a fan of digging through other threads either just to find one comment to prove a point when it can be found in suggestions or discussion.

Fair enough, but one comment/thread (your words) from one (or a few) 56s doesn't mean 56s don't want elixirs-for-gold back :D trust me, I know quite a few of them and we were all like "uhhh, platelixirwhat?" just like everyone else when we all found out about it. Even though we didn't need the xp ones, we used the damage ones to speed up farming runs all of the time. Not as 'important' in the grand scheme of things as leveling/xp pots, but we didn't dig it either. I'd be willing to bet 90% or more of 56s wish it was it was before.

Nor do I think most 56s, especially the ones active/visible here on the forums feel negatively towards 55s and below grinding it out, or superior because we made it with elixirs and others didn't. Me personally, I wish they were still there for you guys....even if he they had switched the damage/tank/others out, would have been nice for everyone to have access to the xp elixirs.

Tengotengo
05-04-2011, 11:54 PM
The devs have a track record of not taking a conservative approach to game re-structuring. I think they want people to PLAY THE GAME, as opposed to zipping from 1 to 55 in a couple days. They did take care of a huge amount of powerleveling when they put strict minimum requirements to get into zones now, but honestly, I'm guessing that they're thinking to themselves that they don't need the money bad enough to nullify the RPG aspect of the game. Besides, I imagine the 56 cap will be going soon. We won't need xp pots to get to 56 anymore, because they'll cut the necessary xp to 1/5th of what is needed now.

That just leaves the 1-55ers. I say make them pay to win the race, whatever race it is. It just makes a worse player at the top end. No tactics knowledge, and absolutely no patience in runs. Nothing worse than doing a roach kill with a couple 55s in elite gear who busy themselves killing the bins on respawn.

I say makes all pots except xp gold again.

davidis57
05-05-2011, 12:16 AM
Lvl 55 I rarely used them and don't care one way or another. However, the complaining about it is getting tiring. People keep making new threads about it.

Slush
05-05-2011, 12:21 AM
The devs have a track record of not taking a conservative approach to game re-structuring. I think they want people to PLAY THE GAME, as opposed to zipping from 1 to 55 in a couple days. They did take care of a huge amount of powerleveling when they put strict minimum requirements to get into zones now, but honestly, I'm guessing that they're thinking to themselves that they don't need the money bad enough to nullify the RPG aspect of the game. Besides, I imagine the 56 cap will be going soon. We won't need xp pots to get to 56 anymore, because they'll cut the necessary xp to 1/5th of what is needed now.

That just leaves the 1-55ers. I say make them pay to win the race, whatever race it is. It just makes a worse player at the top end. No tactics knowledge, and absolutely no patience in runs. Nothing worse than doing a roach kill with a couple 55s in elite gear who busy themselves killing the bins on respawn.

I say makes all pots except xp gold again.

If they didn't want people zipping all the way to 56 then why not remove exp elixirs completely?

mejslll
05-05-2011, 12:42 AM
if you get 30% more xp in full groups does the addition of elixer add on top of the full group bonus?

and has there been an up date on gold for witch elixers yet?

DJMdivine
05-05-2011, 01:11 AM
@davidis - The reason people are making threads about it now is cause we havent heard anything or nothing has been done about it in 3 weeks. I for one want to reach 56 and claim a crown before the next campaign and its removed and I want to have the same treatment as everyone who reached 56 has gotten and everyone else should as well. Sitting here not saying anything for weeks does not solve any problems at all and i wouldnt mind putting elixirs in until the next campaign comes out then switching it back to platinum. - No I dont want to look as if im complaining to the devs all im asking is if they could make a more hasty decision or at least inform the community on whats on thiers minds about the subject that is all.

tonygmoney
05-05-2011, 01:12 AM
i agree bring back the elixers to gold...

Riccits
05-05-2011, 01:21 AM
i leveled my bird (56) and my mage(55 and 81k Xp) almost without xp pots. i dont want them back. everyone has enought time to grind to 55 and 56 should be just for hardcore players, its not a "must" to grind to 56.

Christina
05-05-2011, 01:29 AM
Strongly agree!!

neko
05-05-2011, 10:00 AM

Hey DJMdivine,

I don't disapprove and I'd be be happy to run BS laps yah again! It just takes A LOT of patience (I ran 50K on my bear post-GCD, and mostly pot-free with my other characters in the past; I peferred to save the money on better gear instead) but I do understand not everyone can devote as much time.

BuLLitz
05-05-2011, 12:04 PM
@davidis - The reason people are making threads about it now is cause we havent heard anything or nothing has been done about it in 3 weeks. I for one want to reach 56 and claim a crown before the next campaign and its removed and I want to have the same treatment as everyone who reached 56 has gotten and everyone else should as well. Sitting here not saying anything for weeks does not solve any problems at all and i wouldnt mind putting elixirs in until the next campaign comes out then switching it back to platinum. - No I dont want to look as if im complaining to the devs all im asking is if they could make a more hasty decision or at least inform the community on whats on thiers minds about the subject that is all.

It is likely that the removal of gold-for-elixers is to keep you from doing just that.
You should take it personally.

Kidding about that last line...

Wicked Caccavari
05-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Bring back at least 2x elixirs for gold. I'd rather be at the level cap than use gold for a piece of gear.

braluk
05-05-2011, 12:30 PM
If they do bring back one option of elixirs for gold, it should be the 2x and it should also cost relative to your level. Higher lvl using it= higher cost. The same model that is used in CS when you list an expensive item to sell.

Deadsoldiers
05-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Hey yo , i cant understand u guys, the devs made the main spine free , which was their biggest income and now you want elexiers for free? Then everything what was main income is free ! That wouldnt work because the devs need the money to pay for the servers etc. So just leave it like it is

DJMdivine
05-05-2011, 02:41 PM
@Deadsoldiers - I bought every last campaign map since I started playing around the time of the release of the second campaign of Alien oasis. Ive completed every quest up until now excluding 56 quests, I have never been power leveled, as DJMdivine is my only real character I use, I have used 2x pots for 20k of my exp (have only used 2x pots) and I have grinded another 20k exp alone without which has been making it frustrating. If you want to bring up the main spine all I can say is it was NEVER MEANT to be free forever at all only for a short period of time, no I have never even thought of wanting any platinum refund back for it at all cause I WAS and still AM happy for purchasing each and every campaign.

@Neko - Yes, that would be nice, but I have school and some serious exams coming up as I tend to sleep more than play games. Though you don't disapprove I still get your drift as even though either way it takes a lot of time and patience. :)

neko
05-05-2011, 03:12 PM
@Neko - Yes, that would be nice, but I have school and some serious exams coming up as I tend to sleep more than play games. Though you don't disapprove I still get your drift as even though either way it takes a lot of time and patience. :)

Look me up in game when you're done! All the best with your exams!

Snakespeare
05-05-2011, 03:23 PM
I'll post the same thing here I post everywhere.

Leeching is gone. Having to boot lowbies is gone. Pay-to-run is gone. Being forced to use pots is gone.

A new player can get all the way to level cap without EVER spending plat. People are making friends of the same level. They will all level together and be friends for a long time. People are getting drops they can use. This is the way the game was meant to be played.

Elixirs are not necessary. Power levelling is a luxury. You already get 2 xp when the threat level is red. If you want four xp per kill, it costs plat. This seems fair to me. Same for tanking and damage pots. Theoretically you can beat the boss without them.

So a whole lot of good things come out of this change. What's the price? Who's counting? This is a good thing.

Samhayne
05-05-2011, 03:30 PM

Leeching is gone. Having to boot lowbies is gone. Pay-to-run is gone. Being forced to use pots is gone.

A new player can get all the way to level cap without EVER spending plat. People are making friends of the same level. They will all level together and be friends for a long time. People are getting drops they can use. This is the way the game was meant to be played.

Elixirs are not necessary. Power levelling is a luxury. You already get 2 xp when the threat level is red. If you want four xp per kill, it costs plat. This seems fair to me. Same for tanking and damage pots. Theoretically you can beat the boss without them.

So a whole lot of good things come out of this change. What's the price? Who's counting? This is a good thing.

We like how you think, Snakespeare.

Samhayne
05-05-2011, 03:31 PM
Also, the team isn't done with elixir pricing and functionality. We know that, for example, the fact that an elixir goes away when you die or leave the dungeon is not the best. Changes to the system will be coming - but they can never come fast enough for everyone.

Fyrce
05-05-2011, 03:58 PM
I leveled my 3 "mains" to 45 and 10+ alts, including a few 20s and a 30 (they're xp frozen) without elixirs. If there were elixirs back then, I did not notice them, but if I remember correctly, xp elixirs came about the time of Ao3?

I leveled my mains to 50 pretty much without elixirs. Yes, I tried the shield/damage ones because they became available, but xp elixirs -- nope, did not use them. Did not need them. Leveling was already so fast; xp elixirs would have meant I'd miss an area before I'd get a chance to play in it.

I leveled one character to 55, also pretty much without elixirs, because again, leveling was so fast, it wasn't necessary. I usually run in full groups and the xp just piles up.

Then I ran out of playing time :P but that still doesn't prevent me from leveling some alts (trying to reposition a few and level up some more alts), also without xp elixirs.

Wow, I could have sworn there was leveling BEFORE they came up with any elixirs at all.... or maybe I was just too cheap to use them? Find friends, get in full groups for the increased speed and the xp bonus.

DJMdivine
05-05-2011, 07:14 PM
@Samhayne - Thanks for taking the time to reading and posting on my thread in giving me and the community an update or response. For now I think everyone can cool their jets and wait cause I for one don't want it to be a rushed update at all to the point everyone starts complaining again for no reason at all. *Suggestion* - Yes, we do want some of the elixirs to cost gold not all of them, that we already know and have decided on, but the ones that we want to cost gold can also cost platinum as well if people don't want to spend their gold so that can be put into thought to. Randomly ran into Justg to right after I got off forums and I am glad you guys are talking about it. ^.^

@Fyrce - I started playing around when Ao1 or Ao2 came out, but it took me a month or two before I hit 40 and that was around the time Ao3 came out and I started using 2x pots at around 46-47 for the first time doing crush the keeper. I never really had any friends up until Balefort Sewers either as I did not like to type as I am used to it now and never had a successful party to do fast runs. Yes, there was the occasional random team that did quite well, but rather than that I started using pots and stuck with it instead and back then I never knew a full team would bring in more exp either. Same with forums is that I had a forum account, but only came on to read up on stuff about the game and what others were thinking about the game never wanted to post cause I always thought that I would get rejected by the community in a way because of my in game level at the time and nobody knew me.

RedRyder
05-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Can't wait to see how it's resolved

Zeus
05-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Justg stated in game that some elixirs will be brought back, the cheaper, low end elixirs will be available for gold. The other higher end ones will remain plat purchasable but will have an upgraded time limit (I'm guessing like, one hour), and they will last your through a map/dungeon. Can't say if he said if they would last through deaths and whatnot. I find this way to be a lot better tbh. Makes everybody happy. REALLY looking forward to the long lasting elixirs. Definitely plat-justifiable.

braluk
05-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Justg stated in game that some elixirs will be brought back, the cheaper, low end elixirs will be available for gold. The other higher end ones will remain plat purchasable but will have an upgraded time limit (I'm guessing like, one hour), and they will last your through a map/dungeon. Can't say if he said if they would last through deaths and whatnot. I find this way to be a lot better tbh. Makes everybody happy. REALLY looking forward to the long lasting elixirs. Definitely plat-justifiable.

It'll certainly make teamwork even more important so plat doesn't go to waste.

DJMdivine
05-05-2011, 08:03 PM

Hey if the high end elixirs last long enough like what you have guessed range, that would not be a bad idea at all and I can see constant profit off of that no doubt. I like this aspect of the community when minds come together and make new ideas that none of us would have ever even thought of.

Riccits
05-06-2011, 02:49 AM

wow, full agree!

Fyrce
05-06-2011, 06:26 AM
You don't need that many friends to join full-ish playing groups.

I figured out Join Group and always favored fuller groups to less full ones. This was also before portals. So I would join a group with 4 members before I'd joiin one with 3. I also favored higher level groups, so I'd join one with high level 30 before one with high level 20. This was also before drop scaling.

I did start getting invited to places I think about level 20s. I'm not sure about before.

I also noticed that other people like to join games and I'm guessing I must look inviting because most times, if it's just me or me and one other, others will join and before too long, we're a full group. I don't know if you have to talk that much to find friends. I mostly see "Yo" and "Hello" at join, but not much more. Obviosuly if the group is running a specific way (skip blah blah for example), then someone ought to say so. So far my experience with Sandstone Caves is the same: I start a game or join one and others join up. It's pretty quick.

I also favor polite groups to ones interested just in xp. So like last night, I left a group that was running quite well, but the host was booting low levels and then booting high levels to wait for a friend who took a long time to show up -- Actually never showed up while I was there. I joined a different random group and some people from the previous group joined me.

I then ran with that group until the maker left; then I ran with another group (again several of us ended up together again) before I had to quit.

At each random group, I'll do a few runs. If it goes well, I friend all members. Again, same experience with Sandstone Caves. Random PUGs always result in friends.

The end result is that unless I choose, it's almost always pretty easy to find a group that is either full or ends up full. And as a general rule, people stick to a game that's going well. They might leave for RL reasons, but they'll follow level to level if it's going well.

I'm sure I've also said I like polite groups better, so we'll wait for a late arrival before doing boss and gratz each other for pinks, etc. It's just friendlier and more fun. I think we also favor smarter players, so like ones that split to clean up trash mobs quicker, for example. Not too much split, not too far apart, and certainly not if you can't handle it in the split or solo, but where it helps the group.

So you can totally find quick xp in PUGs.

mejslll
05-07-2011, 03:27 PM
if you get 30% more xp in full groups does the addition of elixer add on top of the full group bonus?

and has there been an up date on gold for witch elixers yet?

any body know any aswer to the first or second question

azulflame
05-07-2011, 03:36 PM
yes

no

/devsneedtochangethetencharactersrule

Gaddy
05-07-2011, 04:49 PM
I've been using elixrs / spending money, because I'm afraid the new lvl cap update will take place before I get to 56 - this game has burned me more than once by "moving the goalposts back" before any reasonable player (ie: ME) can attain the goals...

If I just have to spend some cash, so be it - I DO NOT WANT TO MISS OUT THIS TIME...

Mageprodigy
05-07-2011, 06:38 PM
If u have little luck u can get in 55-56 a few pinks then you got your money back

Gaddy
05-07-2011, 10:34 PM
If u have little luck u can get in 55-56 a few pinks then you got your money back
Thanks! lol! I'm not sweating it. I don't play any other MMOs or console games, so the ¢a$h I spend on PL is money well spent, IMO. I just wish it more felt like the needs/desires of middle skilled/invested players, like myself, were better listened to by the devs.