PDA

View Full Version : Does STG plan to give up AL?

Avshow
08-21-2015, 09:51 PM

the game start at 10/xx/2012, then season 1 end on 1/02/2013, 2+months we got Deadcity 5 maps with elite
season 2, from 1/02/2013 to 3/10/2013, 2+ months we got Kraken Isles 5 maps with elite
season 3, from 3/10/2013 to 6/03/2013, 3- months we got Nordr 5 maps with elite and arena
season 4, from 6/03/2013 to 10/04/2013, 4 months we got Shuyal 5 maps with elite
season 5, from 10/04/2013 to 8/20/2015 10+ months we got Tindirin 5 maps with elite
season 6, from 8/20/2014 to 9/15/2015 1- months we got Planar Tomb 3 maps no elite
season 7, from 9/15/2014 to 7/01/2015 9+ months we got only 3 Clinstone Caverns map WITHOUT elite

Pain explanation cannot change the fact..........LOW EFFICIENT nowadays

Oursizes
08-21-2015, 10:19 PM
I thiught this too but remiem said theyre spreading out all the content now on instead of giving it all at once and leaving us nothing to do.

Serancha
08-21-2015, 10:31 PM
Add into your calculations:

We also got 2 new maps (both with elite) AND the 3 kraken mines halfway through the Kraken expansion (season 3). This was the best season in my opinion. No events, no plat sucking, just good solid content.

Halfway through the Nordr expansion (season 4) we got the Elite Mines of Nordr which consisted of 4 or 5 boss rooms in a row. It cost plat to enter though

Halfway through Shuyal (season 5) the Planar arena was introduced

Season 6 we got the same arena with different bosses and one changed effect.

BTW The planar tombs are elite - there is no normal version of them.

zerofort
08-21-2015, 10:35 PM
Yea but that does not chang the year we spent with same elites what happen that coused that? Its very clear they are spendi g less ti e on the game does it not bring in enough money?

Avshow
08-21-2015, 10:38 PM
ya, planar tomb are elite maps, but they are still using old maps...only changed the mobs and bosses

Add into your calculations:

We also got 2 new maps (both with elite) AND the 3 kraken mines halfway through the Kraken expansion (season 3). This was the best season in my opinion. No events, no plat sucking, just good solid content.

Halfway through the Nordr expansion (season 4) we got the Elite Mines of Nordr which consisted of 4 or 5 boss rooms in a row. It cost plat to enter though

Halfway through Shuyal (season 5) the Planar arena was introduced

Season 6 we got the same arena with different bosses and one changed effect.

BTW The planar tombs are elite - there is no normal version of them.

Serancha
08-21-2015, 10:46 PM
ya, planar tomb are elite maps, but they are still using old maps...only changed the mobs and bosses

That's true. Season 3 was the best for development.

Muhammad Rasyid Rahman
08-22-2015, 05:05 AM
yes i feel the same, and someone can help me? i lost my account and i dont know where i must post thread about it, in what section? general discussion, technical issues or what? i already post my thread about it, and sts delete my thread twice, i dont know anymore guys, my account has 1500 platinum, and it happens to my friend too. Please i dont know what to do anymore :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:

Titanfall
08-22-2015, 07:05 AM
yes i feel the same, and someone can help me? i lost my account and i dont know where i must post thread about it, in what section? general discussion, technical issues or what? i already post my thread about it, and sts delete my thread twice, i dont know anymore guys, my account has 1500 platinum, and it happens to my friend too. Please i dont know what to do anymore :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:
Did you get all that from free offers, or purchase it?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

epicrrr
08-22-2015, 07:08 AM
We should not exaggerate this issue i mean were 3 yrs now, IMO what AL should focus next are on PVP aspect of the game. Guild vs guild, mini guild siege etc.

Haligali
08-22-2015, 07:09 AM

the game start at 10/xx/2012, then season 1 end on 1/02/2013, 2+months we got Deadcity 5 maps with elite
season 2, from 1/02/2013 to 3/10/2013, 2+ months we got Kraken Isles 5 maps with elite
season 3, from 3/10/2013 to 6/03/2013, 3- months we got Nordr 5 maps with elite and arena
season 4, from 6/03/2013 to 10/04/2013, 4 months we got Shuyal 5 maps with elite
season 5, from 10/04/2013 to 8/20/2015 10+ months we got Tindirin 5 maps with elite
season 6, from 8/20/2014 to 9/15/2015 1- months we got Planar Tomb 3 maps no elite
season 7, from 9/15/2014 to 7/01/2015 9+ months we got only 3 Clinstone Caverns map WITHOUT elite

Pain explanation cannot change the fact..........LOW EFFICIENT nowadays

Something wrong with your dates, season1 was only one month or so, season 2 started in early december 2012, check the AL timeline thread.

Anyway, the slow development is killing the game agree since season 4 where we had useless double token and similar weekends started, now we have these so called 'events' where some people running countless hours for some useless vanities and start complaining after how useless it is. New gear is worse than last season gear, new game mechanisms are not fascinating people, who want to work for new items.

mesalin
08-22-2015, 07:14 AM
Upgrade pvp lets make twink Lol

<Forgiveness>

Kakashis
08-22-2015, 07:15 AM
Well to be fair, during past expansion, they tried so many different attempts at different games like BC and COC. Guess what, in the end we got nekro from BC and these awesome vanities from COC. I along with others can tell that STS has put a lot of time and effort in finding that next great hit. It's unfortunate that COC will face off against some already big game titles before even officially releasing. I hope they realize that AL is their true calling and return focus to this game. I don't know of any other mobile MMO that is as simplistic and fun as AL!

Wutzgood
08-22-2015, 07:18 AM
The seasons started to get longer as more events were added during them also. The small events they started with have grown into mini expansions. That has been taking up a lot of their time between seasons.

Suentous PO
08-22-2015, 09:46 AM
Well what they plan and what really happens can be 2 different things.
Pl was planned to go to lv 100, but they quit because they didn't plan that al would make them so much that working on other games wasn't worth their time.
But hey, have you tried out coc yet kids?

Dalmony
08-22-2015, 10:39 AM
Well to be fair, during past expansion, they tried so many different attempts at different games like BC and COC. Guess what, in the end we got nekro from BC and these awesome vanities from COC. I along with others can tell that STS has put a lot of time and effort in finding that next great hit. It's unfortunate that COC will face off against some already big game titles before even officially releasing. I hope they realize that AL is their true calling and return focus to this game. I don't know of any other mobile MMO that is as simplistic and fun as AL!

I wouldn't be so quick to brush off CoC... the game is great, and the community over there is extremely vibrant and exciting, everyone is addicted and the game hasn't even fully launched!

Prahasit Prahi
08-22-2015, 11:00 AM
I wouldn't be so quick to brush off CoC... the game is great, and the community over there is extremely vibrant and exciting, everyone is addicted and the game hasn't even fully launched!

shhh..not great than AL.

Muhammad Rasyid Rahman
08-22-2015, 12:11 PM
Did you get all that from free offers, or purchase it?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
no i purchase it, :grumpy:

Energizeric
08-22-2015, 03:18 PM
Their plan from the beginning was to do a few quick expansions to grow the game, and then slow it down. I don't think the game needs a new expansion every 2-3 months as long as there are these events. Some of the events have been tons of fun, while others such as this past one were a bit boring. So it really depends on what we have to do in the middle. Also, some of the expansions have nice long term goals which makes it much more fun. Working on the imbued set was certainly a lot of fun and made running the tombs last season fun for quite some time. As long as I keep having stuff to work on (besides flagging), then I will enjoy the game. The day when I feel like there is nothing left to do, that is when I get bored.

Oursizes
08-22-2015, 04:48 PM
I really hope they dont give up on it. I just looted a fossil from arena chest and now i only need 10 vials for nekro. It would suck from my point of view if the game suddenly died :(

Candylicks
08-22-2015, 04:55 PM
I really hope they dont give up on it. I just looted a fossil from arena chest and now i only need 10 vials for nekro. It would suck from my point of view if the game suddenly died :(
Nice and gz!!!

Wazakesy
08-22-2015, 08:56 PM

I lost my addiction to CoC ever since i played CoC BETA ;)

Serancha
08-22-2015, 08:59 PM
Their plan from the beginning was to do a few quick expansions to grow the game, and then slow it down. I don't think the game needs a new expansion every 2-3 months as long as there are these events. Some of the events have been tons of fun, while others such as this past one were a bit boring. So it really depends on what we have to do in the middle. Also, some of the expansions have nice long term goals which makes it much more fun. Working on the imbued set was certainly a lot of fun and made running the tombs last season fun for quite some time. As long as I keep having stuff to work on (besides flagging), then I will enjoy the game. The day when I feel like there is nothing left to do, that is when I get bored.

It's the refusal to make the old maps viable that I don't understand. They spent a pile of time and money on those maps but now they say "we won't scale those because we're working on new stuff". The reason they figured they could slow down development after the first few seasons was because there would be ample content for people to keep busy playing.

Now all that content is sitting there unplayable, and we are stuck with 3 maps to play while they make events and dribble out content bit by bit. The reason people are frustrated is because they don't want to run the same couple of maps endlessly. Might as well be sitting in a cubicle in an office.

The game is designed to provide different feels and experiences. To eliminate all the old content from viability because they plan to dribble out more content once it's developed is illogical.

Energizeric
08-22-2015, 09:42 PM
It's the refusal to make the old maps viable that I don't understand. They spent a pile of time and money on those maps but now they say "we won't scale those because we're working on new stuff". The reason they figured they could slow down development after the first few seasons was because there would be ample content for people to keep busy playing.

Now all that content is sitting there unplayable, and we are stuck with 3 maps to play while they make events and dribble out content bit by bit. The reason people are frustrated is because they don't want to run the same couple of maps endlessly. Might as well be sitting in a cubicle in an office.

The game is designed to provide different feels and experiences. To eliminate all the old content from viability because they plan to dribble out more content once it's developed is illogical.

I don't know why they don't take a lesson from their model in PL. In PL tons of older maps were still viable to farm. The problem in AL is that the stuff that drops on older maps is no longer anything good. You don't have to scale stuff to a higher level to make it interesting. There are plenty of twinks at many different levels who play the game. You just have to have stuff drop that is as good as or equal to the best twink gear. The problem is that in an effort to sell locked crates and energy kits, every event and every time they add new gear to locked crates, they try to improve the gear over the previous gear to keep demand up. So in the end you have super OP twinks and the gear that actually drops from the maps is terrible in comparison. If you were to take a look at what was the best elite legendary level 16 gear during season 1 and compare it to what the best is now, it would not even be close. And furthermore, that level 16 elite legendary gear no longer drops on any map because the maps have since been scaled up a couple of times.

IMO they should have never scaled any elite maps and should have left them as is. Then those old maps would still be viable places to farm. The only items that are still viable to farm on older maps are pet eggs. It would have been nice if there were other desired items as well.

zerofort
08-22-2015, 10:08 PM
I love the older maps not sure why but they just seem much cooler nodr and dead city are my favorite. I would love for the elites from older aps to b scaled up and have new drops from them that im sure many would love and think we all need to keep leting sts know thats what we want

Wutzgood
08-23-2015, 06:19 AM
I don't know why they don't take a lesson from their model in PL. In PL tons of older maps were still viable to farm. The problem in AL is that the stuff that drops on older maps is no longer anything good. You don't have to scale stuff to a higher level to make it interesting. There are plenty of twinks at many different levels who play the game. You just have to have stuff drop that is as good as or equal to the best twink gear. The problem is that in an effort to sell locked crates and energy kits, every event and every time they add new gear to locked crates, they try to improve the gear over the previous gear to keep demand up. So in the end you have super OP twinks and the gear that actually drops from the maps is terrible in comparison. If you were to take a look at what was the best elite legendary level 16 gear during season 1 and compare it to what the best is now, it would not even be close. And furthermore, that level 16 elite legendary gear no longer drops on any map because the maps have since been scaled up a couple of times.

IMO they should have never scaled any elite maps and should have left them as is. Then those old maps would still be viable places to farm. The only items that are still viable to farm on older maps are pet eggs. It would have been nice if there were other desired items as well.

If those old sets still dropped they would be worth nothing by now and not worth farming. The only sets that retain their value are the discontinued ones. Anything that still drops from stages isn't worth much at all.

At least scaled up weapons would give them some uses on current stages. Kraken and higher elite weapons had some amazing procs and stats.