PDA

View Full Version : Is the main map free forever??

Waterrforest
05-04-2011, 07:02 PM
As the title say, or does it end today??

Lowlyspy
05-04-2011, 07:03 PM
the main spine was made free forever, no need to worry lol

Fatpigwarrior
05-04-2011, 07:04 PM
I want my Platinum back.....
PL have made there money and are now pretty much just letting it go coz there rich it is unfair :(

Lowlyspy
05-04-2011, 07:10 PM
PL have made there money and are now pretty much just letting it go coz there rich it is unfair :(

No need to complain, i also paid full price for the main spine. I think its a nice thing for the devs to do for all the (no offense to any that read this) noobs, especially since the elixirs now cost plat.

Waterrforest
05-04-2011, 07:20 PM
But they said it will end on 4th may?

Lowlyspy
05-04-2011, 07:31 PM
But they said it will end on 4th may?

if u look at the home page it says something like "main spine now free forever"

Waterrforest
05-04-2011, 07:34 PM
k thks:)) !!!!!!!

Lowlyspy
05-04-2011, 07:35 PM
k thks:)) !!!!!!!

no problem :D

Snakespeare
05-04-2011, 07:52 PM

The monetary model changed. They used to earn plat by selling maps. Now they earn plat by selling elixirs. Elixirs are a luxury; maps are a necessity, sort of. So the new model is really cool because everyone can play. Necessities are free, luxuries cost plat. I love it, mostly.

Is it fair that you got elixirs for gold for an entire year and the new players have to pay plat for theirs? Are you going to give those players something? You got to power level with elixirs for gold in maps that were way beyond you. Is it fair that this is not available to the players who get the main spine free? How are you going to make that fair?

It's fair, yes, because the entire new monetary model was implemented at once. You do not have to spend any plat ever, and neither do they. If you choose to power level, you will have to spend plat, and so will they.

Unless you are going to make it up to the newbies somehow, make it fair for them because they can't leech or power level, then you need to realize that you were privileged and lucky. You only paid plat for some maps. You got all kinds of stuff for FREE!!! You got townes, a stash, quests, additional open content areas, etc. for FREE. Caves were free, do you remember? They give stuff away all the time!

So, man up! You got a lot for free that the newbies have to pay for. They get a few things free, but lose all kinds of privileges that you had when you were levelling. Count your blessings!

braluk
05-04-2011, 10:22 PM
not referencing to anyone in particular but nevertheless-
Will the complaining about having to pay for this game which is now free never end? We paid to enjoy it while it was still fresh and to become one of the seniors of the game. We paid for enjoyment of the game when it was new, and with many people around us equally as new. Now new players get it for free, but it certainly doesn't compare when everything was fresh and everyone was still trying to figure out how to level and be the best player they can be. Games devalue over time and things can get stale- which is why sometimes its worth it to pay to play when things were new. I can't remember when I was playing that there were level 55's or 56's farming maps I am trying to finish quests in so fast I could barely keep up. Instead it was a bunch of us level 10's trying to rough it together and learn how to play. You pay for the experience, not for it to remain exclusive.

DOAPSaint
05-05-2011, 01:48 AM
Does that mean future dungeons will be free as well? Or will I have to pay for those as well?

Marcoolio
05-05-2011, 01:50 AM
The monetary model changed. They used to earn plat by selling maps. Now they earn plat by selling elixirs. Elixirs are a luxury; maps are a necessity, sort of. So the new model is really cool because everyone can play. Necessities are free, luxuries cost plat. I love it, mostly.

Is it fair that you got elixirs for gold for an entire year and the new players have to pay plat for theirs? Are you going to give those players something? You got to power level with elixirs for gold in maps that were way beyond you. Is it fair that this is not available to the players who get the main spine free? How are you going to make that fair?

It's fair, yes, because the entire new monetary model was implemented at once. You do not have to spend any plat ever, and neither do they. If you choose to power level, you will have to spend plat, and so will they.

Unless you are going to make it up to the newbies somehow, make it fair for them because they can't leech or power level, then you need to realize that you were privileged and lucky. You only paid plat for some maps. You got all kinds of stuff for FREE!!! You got townes, a stash, quests, additional open content areas, etc. for FREE. Caves were free, do you remember? They give stuff away all the time!

So, man up! You got a lot for free that the newbies have to pay for. They get a few things free, but lose all kinds of privileges that you had when you were levelling. Count your blessings!

Totaly agree!!

I think devs just try to make some money to keep us playing becouse servers and stuff not free. Buying elix with plat is a good idea becouse plat not cost many dollars and i think plats are easyer to get than gold :)

I spend about 50€ to get some plat.. Thats not much i think becouse normaly i buy by weekend couple whiskey bottles and that cost 50€ :)
Im running out of plat (maybe 33) and i think to buy next that 2000 plat about 80€ then i can change play style or buy stuff like that new mask is so funny :D

I think every changes what dev do ppl start posting how bad it is.. cmon if all keeps same and no updates this game is over. Chill and enjoy awesome playing experience ;)

btw...how u show ur love/support to devs if all free??!!

DOAPSaint
05-05-2011, 01:57 AM
What do you mean we don't have to spend any plat ever? If I want to buy Sandstone Caves I have to spend 10 plat right there... that map ain't free, and how do we know future maps will be free?

Marcoolio
05-05-2011, 02:07 AM
What do you mean we don't have to spend any plat ever? If I want to buy Sandstone Caves I have to spend 10 plat right there... that map ain't free, and how do we know future maps will be free?

I dont want free maps or gold/elix.. i think some how devs have to get money to keep this rolling. If busines not make profit.. i think its a bad busines :)

DOAPSaint
05-05-2011, 02:09 AM
I wish I could trade maps that I bought that I never run for newer ones lol

Snakespeare
05-05-2011, 08:36 AM
DOAPsaint, I meant a player never is required to spend plat to get to the level cap. The Sandstone Caves are not in the main spine, they are optional. Players don't have to buy it. We can do levels 20-25 in Balefort Castle. I think if I had joined the game yesterday, the first thing I would probably do would be to level up to 55 without spending any plat, then consider buying some of the optional maps.

The trade off is that we bought ours with plat, but we got to use XP elixirs for gold, and we got to leech in dungeons too high for us. (I didn't leech, I'm just saying that we had that option.) In short, we got to take the fast track to level cap. This is no longer possible. Sure the noobs get the main spine free, but xp elixirs cost them plat, and they can't enter maps until they are within two levels of it.

I would have liked it if it had been this way when I joined. It is in keeping with how I think the game ought to be played.

Zeus
05-05-2011, 08:47 AM
DOAPsaint, I meant a player never is required to spend plat to get to the level cap. The Sandstone Caves are not in the main spine, they are optional. Players don't have to buy it. We can do levels 20-25 in Balefort Castle. I think if I had joined the game yesterday, the first thing I would probably do would be to level up to 55 without spending any plat, then consider buying some of the optional maps.

The trade off is that we bought ours with plat, but we got to use XP elixirs for gold, and we got to leech in dungeons too high for us. (I didn't leech, I'm just saying that we had that option.) In short, we got to take the fast track to level cap. This is no longer possible. Sure the noobs get the main spine free, but xp elixirs cost them plat, and they can't enter maps until they are within two levels of it.

I would have liked it if it had been this way when I joined. It is in keeping with how I think the game ought to be played.

Snake, you are the man. I've been leveling some twinks and it is truly a better experience leveling them normally as opposed to power leveling them.

azulflame
05-05-2011, 05:04 PM
We can do levels 20-25 in Balefort Castle.

isn't BC 15-20, and FC 20-25?

Swimmingstar
05-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Nope actually I spent nothing I get free plat