PDA

View Full Version : Order and Chaos beginners GUIDE

lordwill0
05-04-2011, 09:36 PM
NOTE: I dont think this is discussion, so i didn't add it there. I've heard of multiple O&C threads getting locked, and hope this one doesn't get locked. Saw someone request a guide, so here is a start.

IGN: misfortune (the m is not capital, this is important i think)

P.S.: I'm only level 15 in the game, not very far, but hopefully this helps out some of you new players. Also, questions are welcome here, and i'll try my best to help.
Also, making this in a rush ATM, but i will update!

Starting off:

Ok, so you start off with in a town, with a few tips to help you out, such as sliding camera, movement, jumping etc. Anyways, you should find out quickly, that quests are the key to leveling. If you find you are grinding, you're probably doing something wrong(at least at low lvls). After you complete, or think you've completed all the quests in an area, explore around to see if you can find other quests. If not, you're probably ready to move on to the next town.
Around level 8-10ish you should be in the town of Silence. There, you can find new quests and shops. Also, you should find a skill trainer for your level, to buy skills. Additionally, you can take on a profession such as a blacksmith, tailor, or whatever, but choose wisely, as I don't think you can change it later on. Will add on to this later :S

Currency:
There are 2 types of currency in the game. Gold,silver,copper is the standard traded currency, where you use at auction houses, trading, and buying from stores. 100 copper = 1 silver, 100 silver = 1 gold.
TIP: to transfer money between characters(so you dont lose it upon death, you can mail to to your other characters and collect it there)
The other type of currency are runes. You can use these to buy special pets, and boosts/enhancements for equipment. So far, I believe you can only acquire runes with real money.
TIP: If you are going to spend real money on gold/runes, i suggest runes. Personally, I am strongly against spending money besides on subscriptions fees, but some people like to. Anyways, if you buy 30 runes for example(5$), you can get 3 pets(which sell for 5-8 gold each = 15-24 gold) on the other hand if you buy gold, you get 6 gold for 5$. Just my opinon. Prices may fluctuate.

Guilds:
Upon reaching level 10, you can start a guild for 5 gold. To start one, go to the town of silence, and on the balcony, there will be a person selling a guild stone.

Auction Houses: (thanks to Royce for helping me with this)
There are 2 Auction houses that i know of, one in greenmount, and one in shellboal. Pretty easy to use, no price to list items. To collect an item you have won, check your mailbox. Also, you can pick up money that didn't complete in an auction here.

To be continued...

Samhayne
05-04-2011, 10:24 PM
Hi Mesmerized,

We don't mind people getting together with their friends to organize playing other games. We know there's other fun to be had out there and it's great if people use our forums to be able to make and play with friends. However, no real need to post gameplay information about non-Spacetime Studios on our forums. Probably more appropriate for the OaC forums, for example.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Thread locked.