PDA

View Full Version : Barrels and boxes in elite Ren'gol

Bluebatthing
08-24-2015, 01:59 PM
Please do not include them!!!!

Every time I tried to single out the mage healers, almost all of my attacks will strike those barrels placed behind the mobs instead. This is already frustrating in normal maps, I can't imagine elites, where mobs are significantly harder to kill. It is essential for DPS to kill these healers as fast as possible, and having skills hitting these dang barrels is extremely frustrating. I remember a dev confirmed there are no target prioritization for any enemies, but I'm sure most mages and rogues know what I'm talking about. Please, do no include these barrels and boxed in the new elite maps. Thanks for reading.

Jazzi
08-24-2015, 02:41 PM
This is exactly what I was thinking every single run in the normal maps. No to barrels and any other breakables eating up out skills! Tyvm :)

Tatman
08-24-2015, 02:54 PM
It has been said a number of times, that barrels/boxes/crates are not priority targets in any way. If they are closer to you or your pet, you or your pet auto target them. Something like that.

This is, unfortunately, not true. And it has been like this for a long time, it's not something that appeared out of nowhere with the new maps.

Bluebatthing
08-24-2015, 03:11 PM
This has never been a problem, for me at least, until the new maps, where the majority of the normal mobs can stun and 1-hit you.

Oursizes
08-24-2015, 09:13 PM
Ive tried again and again in the new maps and get similar results. I stand right in front of a healer and spam skills, at least 1-2 of my arrows hit a barrel.. Id like to see devs actually play and then again say that theres nothing wrong with target prioritization.

Muhammad Rasyid Rahman
08-25-2015, 05:42 AM
Yes im agree with you, and also this barrels and boxes is not worth it for us.

aneshsinghblu
08-25-2015, 07:53 AM
this problem has been around for ages ..sometimes my rogue will shoot a mob that's further away. .if dev wanted to fix it they would have by now. . maybe it works as they intended(to get you killed)so more ankh usage

Dimitrian
08-25-2015, 09:16 AM
Sometimes when i throw my Clock they don't even explode :P

I don't think they should be removed,but rather fixed.

Bluebatthing
08-25-2015, 11:46 AM
This is my theory as well, I've always thought they were so strategically placed.
this problem has been around for ages ..sometimes my rogue will shoot a mob that's further away. .if dev wanted to fix it they would have by now. . maybe it works as they intended(to get you killed)so more ankh usage

Faliziaga
08-26-2015, 01:48 AM
The following quote is from season 1:

We haven't been able to reproduce this. The thing to know is that if an enemy is out of range, you'll shoot a box or crate. Also, your character only has a 180 degree of fire. If all the opponents are at your back and a crate is in front of you, even if the enemies behind you are in range, you'll shoot the crate, because you can't shoot your bow over your shoulder.

If you have more specific input of how to reproduce the bow skill hitting a crate incorrectly, please let us know. Thanks!

It is obvious that those barrels are placed intentionally. A little frustration here and there keeps the player awake and makes the gameplay more interesting :devilish:.