PDA

View Full Version : SCC set bonuses

BeardedBear
05-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Can anyone provide the bonuses on any of the new sets? I'm really shocked I haven't seen anyone document this yet. If enough people respond, I can make something nice and clean for knowledge purposes.

Ayrilana
05-05-2011, 01:14 PM
There are bonuses?

BeardedBear
05-05-2011, 01:16 PM
There are bonuses?

It was mentioned. I saw someone running around town with a full Earthquake set and they were sparkling.

KingGiant
05-05-2011, 01:20 PM
I have the crystalline str set but I'm at work so ill post it later. And yes there are 3 new sets per class. So basically 9 new sets. Looks like the items have same stats just dif looks and dif set bonuses.

BeardedBear
05-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Exactly King. I'm debating on which set to purchase or my twink and the bonus will determine that. Thanks.

Assuming Crystalline weapons have an ice proc, did anyone notice any proc from Earthquake or Onyx?

Ayrilana
05-05-2011, 02:11 PM
I like the look of the crystalline more

KingGiant
05-05-2011, 02:44 PM
I love the look of the crystal str set, have it for my 25 bear twink but bears still only 23. I have the set on my paladin tho so ill be able to check the bonus. Haven't tested the sword for a proc yet, I'll be sure to do that aswell.

KingGiant
05-05-2011, 05:20 PM
I am not the best at figuring out the set bonuses but when comparing what my stats would be just wearing the set and what my actual stats are when wearing the set all I noticed was 5 armor and 1 crit and 1 dodge extra. Although the extra dodge could be just from the str of the equipment.

Haven't tested for a proc yet.

Fatpigwarrior
05-05-2011, 06:46 PM
LOL i neeed to lnow set bonus' so i can decide which is better for my bowbear twink...

Nightarcher
05-05-2011, 07:10 PM
The Onyx set (bow) has +4 damage. :)

Zeus
05-05-2011, 07:14 PM
One question, are the set bonuses really good or moderate?

BeardedBear
05-06-2011, 07:34 AM
Ok someone else mentioned Onyx bow set gives +4 damage, and the earthquake apparently does 4 armor. Seems pretty weak for a set bonus, but then again, they are lvl 25.

spacehamster
05-06-2011, 10:00 AM
It seems crystalline str is +1 dmg and +3 armor, and onyx str is +4 dmg. Don't have full earthquake to check...yet ;)

spookytooth
05-06-2011, 11:00 AM
I have full conquerers earthquake str gear. Set bonus is 1 crit, 4 health, 5 armor.

Snakespeare
05-06-2011, 11:27 AM
I've got full dreamer's onyx. Has anyone reported the set bonus yet? I will try to figure it out.

OK, I think I have it. But I don't know one thing. Which of these stats are affected by the 21 points of Int?

These are the numbers that are different from the result of adding the bonuses. Like I say, not 100% sure which are caused by stat mods.

Dreamer's Onyx Set Bonuses (???): +2 Hit%, +1 Crit, +11 Mana (maybe the effect of int mods), +5 damage, +5 DPS (of course because damage went up), +6 armo

superglut2
05-06-2011, 11:31 AM
I have crystal int set for my lvl 25 int bird, he looks imba.

Crystal int set:

Red Sparkle

+3 armor
+ 2 dps
+ 2 attack
+ 3 mana
+ 1 % hit

spookytooth
05-06-2011, 11:41 AM
To figure out set bonus easy put on all pieces except 1 piece. Then look at the next piece your gonna put on and it will show u what your stats Will be after you have put the final set piece but it will not show u the set bonus stats. Write down all of your stats as u see them. Then equip the actual final piece u have been lookin at and write those stats down.(they will be different because of the addition of set bonus) the difference between the two sets of stats you wrote down is your set bonus. Sorry if this post was obvious or redundant, just threw it out there real fast in case anyone didnt know.

Snakespeare
05-06-2011, 11:44 AM
No, no... it's good stuff. Didn't I run with you in Onyx? thanks.

DREAMER'S ONYX SET: +1 Hit%, +1 Crit, +4 Mana, +4 damage
blue sparkle

spookytooth
05-06-2011, 11:52 AM
No, no... it's good stuff. Didn't I run with you in Onyx? thanks.

ONYX SET: +1 Hit%, +1 Crit, +4 Mana, +4 damage

Yea i was there alot from opening pulled an all dayer, im pretty sure u were there for a few of em :)

spacehamster
05-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Hmm..on my bears str sets I'm only getting bonus in dmg and/or armor. No other stat changes

AnotherAzi
05-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Jewel Thief's crystal bow set is +1 hit, +4 damage, +1 armor.

Moogerfooger
05-06-2011, 12:50 PM
To figure out set bonus easy put on all pieces except 1 piece. Then look at the next piece your gonna put on and it will show u what your stats Will be after you have put the final set piece but it will not show u the set bonus stats. Write down all of your stats as u see them. Then equip the actual final piece u have been lookin at and write those stats down.(they will be different because of the addition of set bonus) the difference between the two sets of stats you wrote down is your set bonus. Sorry if this post was obvious or redundant, just threw it out there real fast in case anyone didnt know.

This is not totally accurate, although it does give you a pretty good idea...if that "last" piece of gear you put on has a str/int/dex attribute, it will raise certain attributes on their own and look like a set bonus, but it really isn't...it is just the individual piece's effect having an effect on other attributes. Plus there are rounding quirks as well that make numbers shift up or down 1 that can't be explained other than 'rounding quirks'. Damage or hit bonuses of +1 are almost never actually part of a real set bonus, just an indirect effect from some piece of equipment.

The only way to really truly identify set bonuses is to use Phys' equations for true numbers for attributes and see mathematically what you "should" athematically have, and see what you get with the set, and subtract. Or use Noneo's calculator which uses Phys' (and others) equations automatically, just search for noneo's posts and look for a link. You can manually add in the new gear's stats and see what you really should have, backed by the equations, THEN subtract to get the 'true' set bonus.

EDIT: Link to noneo's calc...enter your new gear's attributes to see mathematically what you SHOULD have...and what you have with new set equipped and subtract.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?22454-Noneo-s-Attribute-Calculator-Perfect-Your-Build

spookytooth
05-06-2011, 01:35 PM
This is not totally accurate, although it does give you a pretty good idea...if that "last" piece of gear you put on has a str/int/dex attribute, it will raise certain attributes on their own and look like a set bonus, but it really isn't...it is just the individual piece's effect having an effect on other attributes. Plus there are rounding quirks as well that make numbers shift up or down 1 that can't be explained other than 'rounding quirks'. Damage or hit bonuses of +1 are almost never actually part of a real set bonus, just an indirect effect from some piece of equipment.

The only way to really truly identify set bonuses is to use Phys' equations for true numbers for attributes and see mathematically what you "should" athematically have, and see what you get with the set, and subtract. Or use Noneo's calculator which uses Phys' (and others) equations automatically, just search for noneo's posts and look for a link. You can manually add in the new gear's stats and see what you really should have, backed by the equations, THEN subtract to get the 'true' set bonus.

EDIT: Link to noneo's calc...enter your new gear's attributes to see mathematically what you SHOULD have...and what you have with new set equipped and subtract.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?22454-Noneo-s-Attribute-Calculator-Perfect-Your-Build

I stand corrected :)

Moogerfooger
05-06-2011, 01:56 PM
It's all good :) the way you described is actually pretty accurate, except that way often makes it look like you have a damage bonus and a +1 hit bonus a lot of the times...but it is an easy way to see roughly what a set bonus is :D the way I described is a little more accurate, but took a lot of math until Noneo built his calc, and that calc is an awesome tool...it figures out everything for you and you can test out and see gear builds without actually having to buy it first. You can use either the built-in gear database he had, or manually enter gear stats like for the new gear.

Snakespeare
05-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Oh great, now I made a goof. I posted to Yanis' thread that the Dreamer's onyx set bonus was more than just +4 damage.

KingGiant
05-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Then I believe the set bonus for the Conquerors Crystalline str set is +4 armor not all the extra I posted earlier, it was due to rounding and the extra str.

I did some testing while wearing the set and did not see a proc with the crystalline sword. Killed about 10 golems with my 50mage wearing the set and only using the sword. Never noticed a single proc.

BeardedBear
05-06-2011, 02:54 PM
I thought EQ set gave 4 armor. Crystalline must be something different...

Also, do the bonuses change when using a 3 or 4 item set?

Snakespeare
05-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Yanis does list some set bonuses in the pinks thread. He said he'll check into the bonuses again.

BeardedBear
05-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Thanks Snakes.

Interesting the bonus seems to stay the same with int, dex, and str.

KingGiant
05-06-2011, 04:04 PM
My crystalline set gives 4 armor. Maybe the only thing dif is the looks.

spookytooth
05-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Oh great, now I made a goof. I posted to Yanis' thread that the Dreamer's onyx set bonus was more than just +4 damage.

If u posted that cause of my formula i apollogize Snake. Those were strictly my own findings and i didnt realize the points that Moog mentioned. I shoulda explained that srry for any inconviences