PDA

View Full Version : Endgame Pve Build

Abefionac1
08-25-2015, 05:05 AM
Can someone help me with an endgame rogue pve build? I would also want to ask if the last upgrade of noxious bolt is still bugged. Thanks in advance

mesalin
08-25-2015, 05:17 AM
Aimed shot 5/5
Nox bolt 5/5( last upgrade isn't bugged)
Shadow pierce 2/5 with heal upgrade or 3/5 heal and 3 targets
Razor shield 3/5 with stun immunity and 5th skill is you choice :)
I use medic pack cause i helped guild with PvP ( kill trulle etc) you can go for trap 4/5 without 20% chance upgrade or shadow veil 4/5 no decay
Passive might knowledge crit agility durable 5/5 :) hope it helps!

<Forgiveness>

Graovans
08-25-2015, 02:27 PM
Shadow pierce 1/5 (must), nox bolt (4/5), aimed shot (3/5), for elite I would reccomend traps (4/5)/shield (3/5)/veil (4/5). Anyways, NEVER use shadow storm shot, it's a useless skill and a waste of skill points. For passives, all skills needs to be 5/5 except speed and damage which need to be 0/5 (both are useless). Goodluck!

EDIT: If you pvp sometimes add combat medic (which is only useful on pvp).

Streven
08-26-2015, 07:23 PM
Shadow pierce 1/5 (must), nox bolt (4/5), aimed shot (3/5), for elite I would reccomend traps (4/5)/shield (3/5)/veil (4/5). Anyways, NEVER use shadow storm shot, it's a useless skill and a waste of skill points. For passives, all skills needs to be 5/5 except speed and damage which need to be 0/5 (both are useless). Goodluck!

Just wondering why all the hate for shadow storm shot? True it's terrible against single targets but against four or more targets you get very good damage for the mana cost. If you hit 6 targets with a few crits in there your damage output will easily exceed an aimed shot crit. It is situational and not as versatile as say Nox but its far from worthless imo.

Or am I missing something?

Streven
08-26-2015, 07:49 PM
I have another question. Is there any benefit to charging traps. I didn't see anything in the descriptions and haven't noticed any increase in the bleed damage. Again, am I missing anything?

ilhanna
08-26-2015, 08:23 PM
I have another question. Is there any benefit to charging traps. I didn't see anything in the descriptions and haven't noticed any increase in the bleed damage. Again, am I missing anything?

Never charge trap.

Tatman
08-26-2015, 09:37 PM
I sometimes use SSS in Arena, but otherwise it's a crap skill for a casual player.

As for traps - wiser folks told me charging increases duration, but I never checked it to be honest. :) Anyway, I've ditched traps, as they seem useless in new maps. I prefer both razor and veil to traps there.

Wazakesy
08-27-2015, 06:27 AM
Don't use veil if your whole party uses a pet that gives +15%DMG boost, veil becomes useless since the buffs dont stack. For skill setup

Passives:
5/5 INT, DEX, STR, CRITICAL, ARMOR (optional)

Skills:

Aimed Shot: 5/5
Noxious Bolt: 2/5 (+15%dmg upgrade) or 5/5
Shadow Piercer: 2/5 (with only heal upgrade) or 3/5 (Multiple hits(not 3targets) + Health upgrade)
Razor: 5/5 or 4/5 (without bleed upgrades)
Traps: 5/5 or 4/5 (without explosion upgrade)
Remaining points into...maybe armor passive and some skill maybe.

Graovans
08-28-2015, 12:32 PM
Just wondering why all the hate for shadow storm shot? True it's terrible against single targets but against four or more targets you get very good damage for the mana cost. If you hit 6 targets with a few crits in there your damage output will easily exceed an aimed shot crit. It is situational and not as versatile as say Nox but its far from worthless imo.

Or am I missing something?

It's hit is not as strong as nox bolt or aimed shot so even if you use the upgrades it wont really change anything. It also takes a long time for it to recharge (considering rogues' mana isn't too high, it's gonna be an issue while playing).

MarandaC
08-28-2015, 02:25 PM

Never charge trap. It isn't worth it. As a rogue, you shouldn't charge anything except veil and the occasional nox.
If you're curious, heres what charging a trap does:

It adds the trap duration when it is charged. 10 non charged, 15 charged
Not worth it, because as soon as a non-charged trap is done, the cd is already over. So you just plop down another trap.

Edward Coug
09-05-2015, 02:58 PM

Shadowstorm Shot is underrated.

Serancha
09-06-2015, 12:24 AM
Only rich people use SSS. It sucks mana like nobody's business.

Serancha
09-10-2015, 10:18 AM
One doesn't charge shield?

When did rogues get shield? I haven't been offline that long, I'm sure!

Ceuidear
09-11-2015, 02:16 AM
I don't pvp but i have:-
Aimed 5/5
Nox 5/5
Pierce 5/5
Medic 5/5
So i would like to know if i need to respec the medic skill with some other if yes, do tell me to which skill i should respec medic with?

Otahaanak
09-11-2015, 09:41 AM
@Ceuidear

If you don't PVP, definitely get rid of Medic and 3 points out of Pierce - giving you 8 points to distribute -
Two suggestions:

only 2/5 on Pierce - unlock and health return only

2/5 Veil: Unlock and add the extra duration option (8 sec vs. 11 sec) - the armor and to hit debuff can help your team in all situations especially elites - if you don't run with well geared players, you can add more options as you see fit

With your remaining points (should be 6 if my math is correct):

Make sure your STR, DEX and INT passives are maxed at 5/5 as well as CRIT 5/5
then you can add things such as:

traps (i use them in certain elites - like wilds - alot of inexperienced mages running around nowadays, and this helps keep the mobs clustered a bit in some maps for me
or
Razor - I have this one at 4/5 - all but the bleed option (because it grabs too much aggro)

Edit: might give this post from Zeus a read: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?172230-Rogue-s-Tips-amp-Tricks

My .02

Ceuidear
09-11-2015, 10:26 AM
@Ceuidear

If you don't PVP, definitely get rid of Medic and 3 points out of Pierce - giving you 8 points to distribute -
Two suggestions:

only 2/5 on Pierce - unlock and health return only

2/5 Veil: Unlock and add the extra duration option (8 sec vs. 11 sec) - the armor and to hit debuff can help your team in all situations especially elites - if you don't run with well geared players, you can add more options as you see fit

With your remaining points (should be 6 if my math is correct):

Make sure your STR, DEX and INT passives are maxed at 5/5 as well as CRIT 5/5
then you can add things such as:

traps (i use them in certain elites - like wilds - alot of inexperienced mages running around nowadays, and this helps keep the mobs clustered a bit in some maps for me
or
Razor - I have this one at 4/5 - all but the bleed option (because it grabs too much aggro)

Edit: might give this post from Zeus a read: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?172230-Rogue-s-Tips-amp-Tricks

My .02

All the passives like DEX, STR, INT & CRIT are max. But, isn't razor shield useful only while using daggers ??

Otahaanak
09-11-2015, 11:50 AM
Razor Shield can be helpful when you are running Ren'gol maps due to the high stun rate

I don't use it personally that often as I have Nekro and prefer veil's debuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mesalin
09-12-2015, 10:14 AM
Razor shield is useful also if rogue use bow
Like in rengol bomb can stun you
Same is for shuyal maps there this poison from mages can slow you down. Charged razor remove this effect and save most of time. In nordr also must have.
In boss like frostir / ferrix also help alot.
I personally love this skill and use it also if i use nekro. ( after shield gone )
:)

Serancha
09-12-2015, 04:14 PM
razor shield...

you really need to get online...

*smirks*

I have never heard anyone call it shield before, in almost 3 years. Everyone else calls it razor.

Maybe nubs call it shield. *smirks back*

Serancha
09-13-2015, 12:25 AM
Everyone is a very loose term, since nubs are a part of everyone too :P

Maybe this nub wants to ask original quote if rogues should be charging razor.

My friends call it rs, hardly anyone has the patience to type in razor or shield. For me "rs" brings back nostalgic memories so I went with shield...

<is out of smirks.

OK since you're out of smirks, I'll actually answer.

The extra 3 second upgrade requires charging. For a long time the use of this upgrade cancelled out the spinning freedom one. This meant that if you used the extra time, the main purpose of the skill was defeated. Now that it is fixed (confirm, Aspy?) that upgrade is again useable so yes, Razor Shield should be charged.

Please remember though, if you're using razor, you're potentially going to draw a lot of aggro so I do not recommend this skill when running with that very rare creature called a warrior.

Ceuidear
09-13-2015, 01:22 AM
Razor shield is useful also if rogue use bow
Like in rengol bomb can stun you
Same is for shuyal maps there this poison from mages can slow you down. Charged razor remove this effect and save most of time. In nordr also must have.
In boss like frostir / ferrix also help alot.
I personally love this skill and use it also if i use nekro. ( after shield gone )
:)

So razor shield better than trap??

mesalin
09-13-2015, 02:40 AM
So razor shield better than trap??
Depends on map and you play style. Trap is still useful in some maps like tindrin/wt4 , especially if you play without tank , trap help to control mobs and mage can right clock on em. Also if full rogue party its good to have at least one rogue with trap skill to pull mobs :) just easier and faster to kill if they are together.

Edward Coug
09-18-2015, 04:05 PM
If you can get by without razor (avoid most of the stuns in Ren'gol), then do it. You're costing yourself damage by not using traps or sss.

Mylast
09-19-2015, 04:00 AM
I think as 46 you have enough points to get all skills. And especialy if u re not a pvp player, thats 5 points just from medic packs. Pick and traps, and veil and razor.

Ceuidear
09-20-2015, 11:58 AM
So which is the better & the best among Razor shield & Trap skill.
After expansion i am only focusing on Arena & Elite wilds[Pug runs] & doing just daily orc tag quests.
Right now i am using Aimed, Nox, Pierce & Shield as i dont pvp i am not using medic as others suggested that medic is only useful for PVP.
So, right now i just want to know which is best among Razor shield & Trap as i do only PVE.

Mylast
09-21-2015, 04:47 AM
It all depends on your playin style. If u wanna manipulate mobs, pick traps. If u wanna get your self better protected, pick razor.

Tatman
09-21-2015, 07:40 AM
So which is the better & the best among Razor shield & Trap skill.
After expansion i am only focusing on Arena & Elite wilds[Pug runs] & doing just daily orc tag quests.

Razor. Traps are useless in Arena and normal Rengol. Wilds can be easily run without a 4th skill at all. Razor, on the other hand, is ok in both Arena and normal Rengol.

Mylast
09-21-2015, 06:07 PM
Im using this build currently. Which i posted in some other thread ( my bad, thought it was this).

Full dex

Piercer 2/5
aimed 5/5
Nox 4/5
razor 5/5
traps 3/5

Passive all maxed- agility, knowledge, might, critical, armour.

I barely use traps. I feel better under razor shield which i mostly tap when i hit AA nekro and go into mob. Or to move some debuffs.

I used traps while i lvled up. Guess perfect combo is when mobs get pulled and mage throws clock. Ah love it

SuperxNova
10-10-2015, 08:17 AM
Why does everyone use shadow peirce I find its nice to move around but ends up killing me more than anything ....