PDA

View Full Version : Forum registration error

doomdoomdoom
08-25-2015, 01:19 PM
A few guild members have been trying to register on forums but get an error when they attempt to. Below is the screen shot of the error one person is getting. Other members have been able to create accounts this month. Was registration on forums temporarily disabled? Or any idea why some people might be getting this error?

Schnitzel
08-25-2015, 06:37 PM
Try this link

http://spacetimestudios.com/register.php

Seoratrek
08-25-2015, 07:15 PM
We noticed a trend that the pesky spammers were coming after hours to wreak havoc on the forums. To minimize this we disable registration during that time. If your friends are noticing the 'registration has been disabled' message, please have them comeback during normal business hours (weekend is ok as well). If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM!

Schnitzel
08-25-2015, 07:54 PM
We noticed a trend that the pesky spammers were coming after hours to wreak havoc on the forums. To minimize this we disable registration during that time. If your friends are noticing the 'registration has been disabled' message, please have them comeback during normal business hours (weekend is ok as well). If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM!

Seo, don't mods have to approve each person that registers for this forum?
(Not saying disabling registration at certain time is a bad idea)

but wouldn't it also work if ya'll deleted the registration requests with names like "Astrobaba", "astro#####" (# are numbers), "babaji"?

doomdoomdoom
08-27-2015, 02:47 AM

Thank you! I will let then know. Am i correct that normal business hours are in Central USA timezone?

Seoratrek
08-30-2015, 02:55 PM
Seo, don't mods have to approve each person that registers for this forum?
(Not saying disabling registration at certain time is a bad idea)

but wouldn't it also work if ya'll deleted the registration requests with names like "Astrobaba", "astro#####" (# are numbers), "babaji"?

There is some filtering but unfortunately it isn't a perfect system.

Thank you! I will let then know. Am i correct that normal business hours are in Central USA timezone?

Correct.