PDA

View Full Version : Things AL taught me in RL

Arachnophobik
08-25-2015, 11:07 PM
It has been a while since i posted here. Anyways, i left AL for a while now, probably a few months or so, but i kept the things i learned and applied them in real life! And now i just wanna share it to yall :)

1. Friendship does not need physical contact.

Just because you're miles away doesn't mean you cant be close to somebody. Me and my al friends still talk on facebook all the time, checking out how things are going for each other and stuff like that :) friendship knows no bounds ^_^

2. Be confident

Back then i used to be very shy and antisocial. I felt like nobody would like me if i talked to them, but in al i learned how to mingle and make friends and people found me quite a nice guy to hang out with. So i applied the same principle in real life just greeting strangers with a smile and saying hi, and being funny and nice towards others. Thankfully i got the same result, i've made lots of new friends in rl and i cant wait to make more.

3. Money gives an advantage, but it doesn't show skills.

Money doesn't prove anything aside from you being rich :) it doesn't show you how skilled you are at your job/class/etc. However, it still gives you an advantage over others, making things more easier/accessible for you.

4. Dont Judge a person by his looks

True that. Just like how a pink geared yet skilled players hide their true forms inside their vanity, in real life people do it too. A nerd may end up being a metalhead, a fat guy may end up being one of the best athletes in your campus, or man can even seem like a woman! ( i aint even mad, its amazing, he really does look like one, no offense)

5. Fake people are everywhere

That one says it all. No explanations needed.

6. You will reroll for trash... A lot.

Yes yes people, luck will come, then unfortunately it'll sometimes turn out to be trash. Just when you feel lucky, someone has to spoil the moment. I think it was three weeks ago when we had a school program and there was a message booth where you write the name of the person you like in there. Yeah. So the girl i like was there, in charge of sticking the notes to the wall. So i grabbed the opportunity to write a note and that says i like her and have her stick it. So i did. Then i left the campus, and when i came back there was a reply underneath. It said "Thank you. Godbless". Yay. Fyi, that's girl talk for "Nopenopenope, get the hell back in the friendzone, get the hell back!"
So yeah. There's gunna be lucky times, but expect a loooot of trash to come first.

So how about you? What did al teach you?

Sent from my H870 using Tapatalk

Froxanthar
08-26-2015, 05:42 AM
As for me, all from above.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Wazakesy
08-26-2015, 05:49 AM
AL taught me how to ditch people right in the middle of doing something xD

Titanium
08-26-2015, 05:57 AM
Second chances are good but but but...

Samhayne , are you reading this?

mesalin
08-26-2015, 06:01 AM
:) same here

<Forgiveness>

Dex Scene
08-26-2015, 08:21 AM
Very nice thread.
Its always good to read threads on positive stuffs.

I am sure we all can relate to your points. However, I find the #2 #3 points to be very important.

I saw many nice avg geared players being shy when they are invited in a op party. They feel shy and think they are going to be disliked.
Some are very skilled players often get misjudged for his gears.

I had a friend (she was from EOS).
She could rock the arena with me better than some op geared random skill spammers.
That the time when Arena used to be considered very hard, we could duo it by passing the agros making boss run one to others and not successfully hitting any of us. Very ankh saving runs.

and what else did I learn?
saying "Cry" when someone speaks the truth.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Ebezaanec
08-26-2015, 08:23 AM
AL taught me to lol@pvp. Fighting each other is pointless!

AL taught me not to hope for class balance. You can't help one group without angering the others!

AL taught me to not rely on luck. Don't complain to Vegas about losses!

On a more serious note, AL taught me about friendship. I've met some great people in game and I sincerely hope I could meet them in RL. Then we could talk and play AL in the same room! :biggrin:

mesalin
08-26-2015, 09:16 AM
Very nice thread.
Its always good to read threads on positive stuffs.

I am sure we all can relate to your points. However, I find the #2 #3 points to be very important.

I saw many nice avg geared players being shy when they are invited in a op party. They feel shy and think they are going to be disliked.
Some are very skilled players often get misjudged for his gears.

I had a friend (she was from EOS).
She could rock the arena with me better than some op geared random skill spammers.
That the time when Arena used to be considered very hard, we could duo it by passing the agros making boss run one to others and not successfully hitting any of us. Very ankh saving runs.

and what else did I learn?
saying "Cry" when someone speaks the truth.

Talk about eich? XD

<Forgiveness>

Caabatric
08-26-2015, 09:26 AM
All of the above + determination.... C=

Dex Scene
08-26-2015, 09:42 AM
Talk about eich? XD

<Forgiveness>
yes :"/ man I miss her

Dimitrian
08-26-2015, 10:30 AM
AL thaught me to not trust anyone in the street.

AL thaught me that nothing is impossible.

AL thaught me that happy moments do not last forever. (this happened to me while i was farming teeth;i got 4 in a row then for thefollowing 5-6 runs i got none ;_; )

AL thaught me that sometimes wishes come true.

AL thaught me that hope never dies.

AL thaught me that friends will always remain in our hearts.

And perhaps the most important of all : Do not leave for tomorrow what you can do today.

Yeah,that would be pretty much be what AL has thaught me in my 2 years of gameplay.

Pacefalm
08-26-2015, 03:43 PM
Thanks for posting I enjoyed reading this. :)

Schnitzel
08-26-2015, 05:37 PM
I agree with all numbers on the list, though to be honest, I never really thought about #3 until you mentioned it.
Now that I think about it, thats actually true in RL..

MissVy
08-26-2015, 08:37 PM
I like the reroll with trash ;)

Awesome insight. :)

Missairina
08-26-2015, 09:24 PM
AL especially pvp taught me to just let it go.. Some things go.. Especially the bad ones.

I used to keep my own lb of hate list especially gangkers but I have grown weary of them. I realized I can't fight and run after them all the time so I learned to just let it go. I can't control the way they act but I can control my reactions to them. Forgive, forgive and forgive...

Lol a looooty and just have fun as much as possible.. That's what this game is for.... Enjoy your life.

Allocate
08-27-2015, 04:39 AM
AL has taught me there are still games for people who don't have any "talent".

They can instead use their money to make themselves strong/look "good", fool others and fulfill their false sense of achievement.

Pay-to-win is the future!

Bunny♥
08-27-2015, 09:27 AM
the game itself hasnt teach me anything but the people who I met in game does.

Jacinth Jay Geralla
08-27-2015, 05:32 PM
Game is a Game

Arachnophobik
08-27-2015, 07:44 PM
Game is a Game

Tv shows are tv shows. Books are books. Movies are movies. Cartoons are cartoons. Yet somehow, they contain values that you could apply in life dont you think?