PDA

View Full Version : I don't like the Teasers

Ipoopsy
08-26-2015, 01:12 PM
I'm referring to the New pets and items being release for those Events or Expansions.

When they release those Teasers before the actually Contents, MANY PEOPLE will COMPLAINED how ....'this pet sucks, or how this items doesn't have this certain stats...etc......'

Some people might think its for constructive input or feedback, but it's really not. It's more of a 'Complaint'

If they really want a constructive feedback or inputs, they should have wait and release the New EVENT or Expansions and then and only then will it be a constructive feedback afterward.

Constructive Feedback ONLY please...

scarysmerf
08-26-2015, 01:23 PM
Id rather know if a pet or new item is worth my efferts beforehand rather then during a event or expansion this is a game bro don't take things so serious ty have a nice day :)

Ipoopsy
08-26-2015, 01:27 PM
Id rather know if a pet or new item is worth my efferts beforehand rather then during a event or expansion this is a game bro don't take things so serious ty have a nice day :)

If your a company or a business, your first priority is to make sure that you have players/customers to continue & play. (The longer they play, the more $$$ they get) If you release those info way ahead of time, then base on your answer....Do you think they will make more $$$ in the long run? Obviously not, because like you said, it's not worth your time and effort'.

You have to have that little suspense to make people want to play.

KnowledgeFTW
08-26-2015, 01:33 PM
If your a company or a business, your first priority is to make sure that you have players/customers to continue & play. (The longer they play, the more $$$ they get) If you release those info way ahead of time, then base on your answer....Do you think they will make more $$$ in the long run? Obviously not, because like you said, it's not worth your time and effort'.

You have to have that little suspense to make people want to play.

Which is why its called a 'teaser'

However I do agree that if they tease new pets they only tease the picture and not the stats.

Bluebatthing
08-26-2015, 01:35 PM
But IF a company keep releasing subpar products, eventually no one will be interested in them anymore. Teasers are a good way for STS to gather feedbacks from the players, it is ultimately up to them(STS) to decide what's best for the game.

Ipoopsy
08-26-2015, 01:51 PM
Which is why its called a 'teaser'

However I do agree that if they tease new pets they only tease the picture and not the stats.

Agree 100% ;)

Ipoopsy
08-26-2015, 01:54 PM
But IF a company keep releasing subpar products, eventually no one will be interested in them anymore. Teasers are a good way for STS to gather feedbacks from the players, it is ultimately up to them(STS) to decide what's best for the game.

Feedbacks are Only after you have try the products... How can you have a feedback if you haven't try it??

Bluebatthing
08-26-2015, 01:58 PM
I'll rephrase, "players' opinions". Base on your logic, test servers are a no-no too?

Feedbacks are Only after you have try the products... How can you have a feedback if you haven't try it??

Eldorado
08-26-2015, 02:18 PM
IMO, are the Teasers (before any Major Event or Expansipons) that are being release to the players before it actually came out.

I'm referring to the New pets and items being release for those Events or Expansions.

When they release those Teasers before the actually Contents, MANY PEOPLE will COMPLAINED how ....'this pet sucks, or how this items doesn't have this certain stats...etc......'

Some people might think its for constructive input or feedback, but it's really not. It's more of a 'Complaint'

If they really want a constructive feedback or inputs, they should have wait and release the New EVENT or Expansions and then and only then will it be a constructive feedback afterward.

You do have a point. People will always complain. But al started that way for years, so I guess it is too late for them to change the approach now. Too many spoiled people specially in forum right now.

Clickbangboom
08-26-2015, 02:33 PM
Hmm... a complaint about how sts chooses to do stuff and a complaint about people complaining... sounds constructive... doe

DarrenPR
08-26-2015, 02:41 PM
IMO, are the Teasers (before any Major Event or Expansipons) that are being release to the players before it actually came out.

So if STS teases level 46 arcane weapons for each class that give +10 to all stats with no proc or bonus or any other stats for having it, saying "the stats are pretty low for 46 arcane weapons" isn't constructive feedback, only complaining? I think you fail to see that the "complaining" is actually a way players are expressing how they feel about an item even before it is released. I don't have to "try out" a level 46 arcane bow with only +10 dex, int, str to know I wouldn't want to waste time or money to get it.

Bluebatthing
08-26-2015, 02:50 PM
I think his point is to realease the contents without any teasers at all, even if it's a lvl 46 arcane weapon with +10 dex/str/int.....

So if STS teases level 46 arcane weapons for each class that give +10 to all stats with no proc or bonus or any other stats for having it, saying "the stats are pretty low for 46 arcane weapons" isn't constructive feedback, only complaining? I think you fail to see that the "complaining" is actually a way players are expressing how they feel about an item even before it is released. I don't have to "try out" a level 46 arcane bow with only +10 dex, int, str to know I wouldn't want to waste time or money to get it.

scarysmerf
08-26-2015, 02:58 PM

You have to have that little suspense to make people want to play. I buy plat each month regardless of events or expansion I do my part to spend a lill $ but I do understand its a game and to have fun first not worrying about having the most op gear but ill certainly try to get good gear ty have a nice day :)

eugene9707
08-26-2015, 03:11 PM
Well, if they receive feedback AFTER the release of the item, if chanced are necessary, they will have to change the stats AFTER the release of the item. And as we all know, it messes up the economy

Where if you release the info prior to the release of the item, you can adjust it and have no impact to the economy what so ever.

Also, the feedback from the sneak peak are just from observations and is mearly a suggestion, the final discussions are still made by STS

Dimitrian
08-26-2015, 03:19 PM
I guess you are some Game of Phones fanboy that doesn't want any spoilers.

As others have said,sts makes Teaser Friday to see what the community says about the thing that is going to be in the next update.

Ipoopsy
08-26-2015, 03:42 PM

I think you fail to understand what i said.

IF YOU Want to provide Input/Feedbacks, wait until after it's release...not before. Anything before is normally a Complaint.

Ipoopsy
08-26-2015, 03:44 PM
I think his point is to realease the contents without any teasers at all, even if it's a lvl 46 arcane weapon with +10 dex/str/int.....

READ post #6.

Fightbeast
08-26-2015, 03:53 PM
A useless nonsensical post imo

rstilzchen
08-26-2015, 04:03 PM
Some posts really look moaning and least helpful. But if you think that after release of some thing, that deserves a negative feedback, there will be less moaning, you are wrong then.

Example: last event's pets. If players would know stats before release and push STS to make them better, we would get much more better event, wouldnt we? But now i rarely see squirrels (and when i do, i perceive it as a joke), and tyrranica i saw only once - one uber-druber rich player just shows it off.
And didn't we get huge, massive moaning? I even participated in several most fair threads myself.

So obviously your point is wrong. If thing is bad, there will be bad reviews anyway, regardless when players will know stats - before release or after. And it's better if they know before, because this way allow prevent even bigger drama and fun killing.

Dimitrian
08-26-2015, 04:11 PM
I think Ipoopsy is Golem's alt.
I mean only he could come up with such threads.

Bluebatthing
08-26-2015, 04:30 PM
So which is it? Do you like teasers or do you not like teasers?
READ post #6.

Now that you mentioned it, hmmmmm.....
I think Ipoopsy is Golem's alt.

Ipoopsy
08-26-2015, 04:50 PM
Guess the majority of you can't even keep a constructive feedback. All i hear it seems is mostly negative response. It's almost pointless having a constructive discussion if most are troll like on these forums lately.

Bluebatthing
08-26-2015, 05:03 PM
So you view any opinion that is opposed to your own as negative feedback? You know what they say about opinions right? You posted a thread voicing your opinion and expect everyone to agree with you? I'm sorry, but you know as well as I do it's not going to happen. Respect others' opinions and most likely they'll respect yours.

Guess the majority of you can't even keep a constructive feedback. All i hear it seems is mostly negative response. It's almost pointless having a constructive discussion if most are troll like on these forums lately.

Ebezaanec
08-26-2015, 07:35 PM
What if they released something that was very undesired? So continues the buff/nerf cycle.

Or they could simply survey players. I mean, it's not like we don't want to be heard.

Caabatric
08-26-2015, 07:47 PM
I see those complaints as feeback though it may not be constructive

Thorough Constructive Feedback: Facts that are back by statistics and testing.

Constructive Feedback: What a players opinion is on the given item, but isn't backed by testing or math BUT can be if the player puts in the time.

Opinions: A players opinion on a given item, but the opinion holds bias in the statement.

Non-constructive posts: Only opinion, full of bias, can't be supported by facts, inaccurate stats or statistics used to favor a bias, disregards all other thoughts....

This is just my opinion though....

Madnex
08-26-2015, 07:54 PM
STS has set a goal to limit post-release item changes since that leaves most of the players unhappy, judging from past events. Since we're not trying out something entirely new, anyone with a somewhat good grasp can compare a new pet's stats to previous ones, for example.

Arcane Abilities are always more tricky since they do not include duration so even though feedback is being collected from teasers and on, changes there are mostly being made post-release and only to improve the item (unless something was bugged or not intended, like Fantasma's passive healing).

I kind of get where you're coming from but the added content is already small (due to AL being a mobile game and also to the new plan of adding smaller chunks of content but more frequently) to cut it down to just pictures.

Pillowhead
08-27-2015, 06:51 AM
i think ipoopsy is golem's alt.

lmfao, ded irl xd