PDA

View Full Version : Variety of items (New)

kydrian
08-27-2015, 08:37 PM
Hello,
I'd like to make a suggestion (I'm sure I should have put this on suggestions but I choose General discussion because I want many people to see this :) ) as you know weapons armor rings Etc. Have their own differences but they aren't big enough. Like in endgame you only Have 1 Weapon that is better than all that most end-game pvpers will be using. Why not add variety to items? Like so

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/27/28980ac1e02943ea28c57e1a42f4a095.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/27/e39dd24c61026b2bded1c87b9046bd3b.jpg
As you can see both are the same type of weapons but have a difference (assault) (Tactics) and the Same Proc.
What StS can do is add variety to the weapon so the Players won't have to always need the best weapon. They can choose on what weapon they prefer so the Game will be more based on "Skill" than on Just being "Best" gear in game for the level. Like for the Tactics weapon why not add a different proc? So not everyone has to use the Assault because its just better in stats. The game needs variety of weapons and armor etc. So people can choose how they wanna play like items shouldn't boost up all your stats they should only boost up a stat that you prefer to be boosted. For example http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/27/4347c3198276937a2879833ecba94008.jpg
Rendtail Dragon stone. There is only 1 type and as you can see it gives out the exact same stats for each class. Why not add different variety of rendtails? So it won't be based on where you need to have that exact rendtail to be the best. Like if you wanna be Tanky why not add a tanky rendtail like it won't be the same as rendtail it will have its good and bad parts it will give you say.. 400 armor but the STR is decrease by 15 DEX decreased by 10. Or if you wanna be more damaged base then DEX will be decrease 20 and Str raised by 15. So people can have different variety to choose from and not everyone will have the Exact Rendtail they will have the one they prefer the most. Also with weapons I've noticed there are (Assault), (potency), (tactics). And I'm sure Assault is the best. Tactics is the worse. And procs are the same. Why not add a variety of procs to the type of weapons so not everyone will have to be forced to choose the assault to be the best in game. As for assault its more damage and better then Tactics why not make the proc for tactics better Or different? So not everyone will be using the assault they will choose which fits them best or which they like and this will also make PvP more interesting so it won't matter about who has the best gear but on how they use there gear.http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/27/f8b5db8308088f41d12283246c3fe58c.jpg this right here has a amazing proc but its bad in stats that's how weapons should be they should have different variety so should items. Hope a Developer could read this :)

Sent from my LG-D500 using Tapatalk

kydrian
08-27-2015, 08:41 PM
Also! This can balance PvP GREATLY so not everyone has too have the same EXACT items for there class to be the best.

Ebezaanec
08-27-2015, 09:58 PM
I agree with this. After all, MMO's are open-ended games that are based on player choice. What choice is there when gear is so limited to choose from?

MMOs should not have best-in-slot items, but rather best-in-situation items instead.

Caabatric
08-27-2015, 11:56 PM
i think u used the term skill incorrectly, but i agree with the idea

Wazakesy
08-28-2015, 03:10 AM
Dont forget that the show stats button does not calculate the +30prim stat bonus. The 30 prim stat bonus only gets added when it is equipped, thus the saying of impressive rings better than rend rings is false.

kydrian
08-28-2015, 11:28 AM
i think u used the term skill incorrectly, but i agree with the idea
Yes haha :) when I have ideas they seem good in my mind but when I put it in words it doesn't go as I planned

Anakeobal
08-29-2015, 10:40 AM
+Agree to kydrian post!!!
I hope sts read this post and make it possible to ...

kydrian
09-04-2015, 01:13 PM
I'm guessing sts won't read this? Because its not "Constructive"

Ebezaanec
09-04-2015, 07:22 PM
I'm guessing sts won't read this? Because its not "Constructive"

This is my own opinion, but STG won't immediately begin the process of implementation unless the suggestion generates them significant revenue.

There are extremely good suggestions scattered throughout this entire site, but they get put on the "back-burner" because they don't exactly align with STG's goal as a business.

kydrian
09-04-2015, 07:59 PM
This is my own opinion, but STG won't immediately begin the process of implementation unless the suggestion generates them significant revenue.

There are extremely good suggestions scattered throughout this entire site, but they get put on the "back-burner" because they don't exactly align with STG's goal as a business.
Yea I'm not asking for them to implement it in the game I'm just suggesting and I wanna know if they even read it at least.