PDA

View Full Version : Potion use

Sayishere
05-28-2010, 06:24 AM
I just have a thought at the moment, and its regarding potion use. Its been disabled in PVP as you all know, but im suggesting enabling them. The cooldown on the potion though should be very high, like 3 mins or 5 mins. This would give potions more use, and our gold more use also. As of now though potions wont really help much with all the burst damage everyone is doing, but later on when damage gets reduced or we get more health for example potions might be a good addition

Thoughts?

Rebel
05-28-2010, 06:27 AM
I personally don't think potions would be a good idea at all unless you are totally out of combat when you are allowed to use them. I mean, where is the skill when doing a 1v1 and you drink a potion? The classes have healing spells for a reason, and that is to use them in combat.

asommers
05-28-2010, 06:29 AM
The community was pretty unanimous about not wanting potion use in PvP. Chase down health/mana powerups or team up with a healer!

-ALS

King Richie
05-28-2010, 07:02 AM
Yes keep the no potions this makes PvP take alot more skill.

KronicDecay
05-28-2010, 08:03 AM
Or find regen armor, i never have to worry about health or mana

Edatx
05-28-2010, 08:14 AM
The community was pretty unanimous about not wanting potion use in PvP. Chase down health/mana powerups or team up with a healer!

I personally think it would be cool if PvE could be tuned to be similar also. Give potions a short cooldown and tune stats, abilities, and encounters to make them not practical to spam.

Rannos
05-28-2010, 08:37 AM
Or find regen armor, i never have to worry about health or mana

The one item that has m/s on it for level 35 warriors is the Croc Bullfrog Helm (1str 1m/s 7armor) and its orange. It's both necessary and complete crap at the same time. I'm not sure what Spacetime was thinking when they made a Conquerors Helm, but it doesn't get used in PvP. Warriors are the only class forced to wear crap in PvP, I mean seriously, hook a bearother up!

Esus
05-28-2010, 09:30 AM
The one item that has m/s on it for level 35 warriors is the Croc Bullfrog Helm (1str 1m/s 7armor) and its orange. It's both necessary and complete crap at the same time. I'm not sure what Spacetime was thinking when they made a Conquerors Helm, but it doesn't get used in PvP. Warriors are the only class forced to wear crap in PvP, I mean seriously, hook a bearother up!

Agreed...warriors got NO LOVE when it comes to m/s, other that that lousy orange helm with 1m/s.

Aerospacegod
05-28-2010, 09:53 AM
I think it's intentional.

A bear with 15-20m/s would be unkillable currently. You get almost twice the hp with the high strength and shields are better than bracers/wing guards too. Otherwise they would need to up skill cost or nerf their power.

Rannos
05-28-2010, 10:31 AM
I think it's intentional.

A bear with 15-20m/s would be unkillable currently. You get almost twice the hp with the high strength and shields are better than bracers/wing guards too. Otherwise they would need to up skill cost or nerf their power.

No one ever said warriors need 15-20 m/s and, actually, I'm not sure why archers can get mamboza leather when they have meditate already. In both PvP and PvE, warriors have no options in how they regen their mana: wear crap gear and spam pots.

And I should correct you on your approximation of a warriors health. Chickens start at 250hp and Bears start at 300, maxing strength only gives the warrior about 70 more health (2str = 1hp), which is ridiculous. That puts warriors with max strength at 370 compared to 250, approximately 50% above archers, not x2.

Warriors are the tank, they should have higher armor than the other classes and that is why archers and mages are called 'squishies'. Wingshields should have less armor than shields, if only because of their size, and it should be more than the current +2armor (+4 with a Z Shield). Also, archers helms have the same armor rating as warriors (7armor). Bracers shouldn't have the same armor, clearly, otherwise it would be called a shield instead of 'doll' or 'bracer'.

Just to reiterate, I'm not asking for mamboza gear for warriors. I'm asking for a Legendary helm that has stats suitable for a warrior and includes 1m/s.

Aerospacegod
05-28-2010, 11:01 AM
no where does it say mambozas leather is for avains, its for dex characters. theres no reason you cant have a bear with dex and mambozas leather if you need mana power.

so tired of everyone saying thier race needs an improvement over others. if you dont like it make a second or third character =P

Edatx
05-28-2010, 11:23 AM
I don't think a "warrior" class should have mana. Give them a stamina like ability that regenerates faster but only allows them to burst dps or taunt and tank on a fixed timeline.

Sorry that was super tangential.

Xanthia
05-28-2010, 11:27 AM

-ALS

Give us a healer class :)

Rannos
05-28-2010, 11:30 AM
no where does it say mambozas leather is for avains, its for dex characters. theres no reason you cant have a bear with dex and mambozas leather if you need mana power.

so tired of everyone saying thier race needs an improvement over others. if you dont like it make a second or third character =P

This response doesn't really make sense. If I wanted to play an archer, I would spec as an archer, right?

hm... I'll go ahead and quote myself, because clearly you didn't read my post.

... In both PvP and PvE, warriors have no options in how they regen their mana: wear crap gear and spam pots.

I am discussing warriors. Warriors cannot get decent m/s gear. I didn't say anything about improving races.

And I have a level 35 elf, chicken, and bear, just like everyone else.

Dizko
05-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Give us a healer class :)

Haha.

Gotta Agree.

Enchantress would need to have a lot more buffs and a heal over time spell to be considered a proper healer.

Azrael
05-28-2010, 11:40 AM

That made no sense. The same can be said for m/s plate gear by your logic. I.E. Mambooza plate isn't for warriors, its for Str characters.

I'm "so tired" of people not thinking before they post.

Edit: and No to the pots idea. PvP needs a lot of work on many levels, but this idea can't be included.

Edatx
05-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Enchantress would need to have a lot more buffs and a heal over time spell to be considered a proper healer.

...and would need to be extremely survivable with crappy dps. Is a mobile MMO right for this style of play?

Esus
05-28-2010, 01:56 PM
So there is a Mombozas plate? Or are you assuming that there is one, since dex characters get a mombozas leather? Ive never seen or heard of such plate armor. Hell I would be be fine if there was a warrior helm that gave 2 or 3 m/s. Sure the warrior can take huge amounts of dmg, but his offensive capabilities are limited when they run out of mp. No need for any harsh words or to start a flame war here, it's just some player feedback.

Rannos
05-28-2010, 02:05 PM
So there is a Mombozas plate? Or are you assuming that there is one, since dex characters get a mombozas leather? Ive never seen or heard of such plate armor. Hell I would be be fine if there was a warrior helm that gave 2 or 3 m/s. Sure the warrior can take huge amounts of dmg, but his offensive capabilities are limited when they run out of mp. No need for any harsh words or to start a flame war here, it's just some player feedback.

No mamboza plate. Croc helm is the only lvl 35 gear with m/s.

Esus
05-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Thought so. For second there I thought I needed to do some hardcore mardi grais runs.

Azrael
05-28-2010, 05:26 PM
I was speaking hypotheticly