PDA

View Full Version : Friend List Q&A

Gluttony
05-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Question: How many friends do you have on your friend list? How about your ignore list? Is there anything you would like to see added to make it useful?

I think we can all agree that the friend list is pretty simple and is rather lacking in functionality. I personally only have 3 friends, and keep one open friend slot for short one-on-one transactions. Anything more than that is just a bit too cumbersome for my taste. The only real function that the friend list seems to serve is joining a friend in a dungeon, and this ability is really diminished if you have to scroll through online friends 4 at a time to get to your friend Xyclops (I hope that isn't in use). Not to mention if anyone else goes online or jumps maps during that time, your friend list fluctuates by a row just in time for you to join Xander (again, sorry) who happens to be in Balefort Castle. I guess there is also the invite function, but I try not to use that because I cannot imagine anyone enjoys giant text covering their screen during a run.

So I guess this all comes down to, I'll add more people to my friend list when it becomes more user friendly (I reserve the right to refuse), so how about some more features?

1) Reject All, yes this is the opposite of Accept All. I would love this as people don't really need a reason to add you, they just click away. People love friends (even if they don't know you at all) but my request list fills up quick. I would love to be able to hit reject just once and be done.

2) Friend Groups, it would be nice to be able to categorize friends into groups (chatters, farmers, twinks) I can't imagine searching just to find one friend in a sea of hundreds.

3) Instant Rejection (with automated message), c'mon this would save me tons of grief. People seem to get so mad when I just don't add them, now it would be like getting my answering machine. Everyone understands that sometimes you just don't want to answer your phone, so understand that I'm all friended out.

4) Increased Ignore List Function, I've only tested this a few times to see what it was about, and from what I can tell all it does is mute the person. They can still join games you created, they can still hear you, so what's the point? I want to ignore them, I don't want to see them, and I don't want them to see what I'm saying about them behind their back (to their face), and I definetly don’t want them in my game after the fact. I want ignore to remove them from the face of Alterra, not even a blip on my map!

Answer: Add some features to the friend list, they don't have to be any of the features I mentioned but I bet plenty of people find it cluttered (even if they don't want to admit it).

Moogerfooger
05-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Love it. Excellent suggestions. I am not sure about the auto-reject going over well, although I personally would dig it....the near constant driveby friend requests get old after a while.

DawnInfinity
05-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Great suggestions. I would love to organize my friends into groups- like inactive, farmers, good friends, etc. The auto-reject could probably get controversial. Reject all would also be helpful because I tend to let friend requests pile up.

Pandamoni
05-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Great suggestions. I would love to organize my friends into groups- like inactive, farmers, good friends, etc. The auto-reject could probably get controversial. Reject all would also be helpful because I tend to let friend requests pile up.

Yes! This would be so helpful.

Fatpigwarrior
05-06-2011, 07:04 PM
prolly 1k on frenz and 0 on ignore

Gluttony
10-18-2011, 01:10 AM
1) Reject All, yes this is the opposite of Accept All. I would love this as people don't really need a reason to add you, they just click away. People love friends (even if they don't know you at all) but my request list fills up quick. I would love to be able to hit reject just once and be done.

Finally:

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8334/img1163.png

bronislav84
10-18-2011, 09:09 AM
Seriously finally! Old necro though.

SL really needs the UI updates PL recieved.

Skeletonlord
10-19-2011, 01:07 PM
i have a lot of friends on pocket legends including matutd, nazulgking, coltonadkins, hankomachos and woundedeagle.

Weak_Sauce
10-19-2011, 05:54 PM
I would love the option to see a total friend count as well as browsing friends by letter or searching friends. Groups would be awesome too, good one glut!

Otukura
10-19-2011, 06:27 PM
Instead of having it say "Are you sure you want to delete this friend?" or something along those lines, which gets very confusing with a moving friend's list, have it say "Are you sure you want to delete ____ from your friend's list?"