PDA

View Full Version : Name Reservations for Blackstar Are Coming

Samhayne
05-06-2011, 05:17 PM
In online games, your name is your identity. Some people work hard to build up a good reputation and status within the community and all of that is all wrapped up in their name.

After the announcement of Blackstar, a number of people voiced a concern about names. What if someone made an account in Blackstar before they could with the same name that they had in Pocket Legends and thereby stole their identity!

I'm writing today to let you know that we heard you. A system that allows Pocket Legends players to reserve character names for Blackstar will be coming in the near future.

bronislav84
05-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Uh, first? Seriously this thread seems lonely.

Just wondering, are you allowed to release costs, and a possible timeframe of when the name reserve system is coming?

My biggest concerns are:
1. Would we be allowed to reserve any name we want even if it is not currently a character on our account nor a forum handle? Excluding attempts at stealing a name that somebody else would would have first dibs on, of course.
2. And if the answer to the above is no, would we be allowed to reserve a name similar to a forum handle or existing character name, but not exactly? Assuming the account that has the character name I would like has been inactive for a long time, I would like to use get name I would have used, but was in use when I tried it in PL. It's similar to my Mage's name, but not quite. That was actually my third choice, and the first two came up as in use.

NeoQueen
05-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Will there be a limit on how many names a player can reserve?

Cassric
05-06-2011, 05:33 PM
More details will be incoming bron, but...

1. "Yes", as long as it adheres to our Terms of Use and is free of profanity or hate speech.

Zeus
05-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Yay! Glad to hear this. Does this apply to all our characters? Because, my main characters that I want to reserve are Apollo, Bodyguardz, and Poseidon. All of whom I play upon frequently xD.

karmakali
05-06-2011, 05:41 PM
It is reassuring to know that we wont have to scramble to claim our names once B* comes online. Thanks guys!

bronislav84
05-06-2011, 05:42 PM
More details will be incoming bron, but...

1. "Yes", as long as it adheres to our Terms of Use and is free of profanity or hate speech.Thank you! Of course those who are active and already own the name in PL would have first dibs to it right? Like no stealing Physiologic before him because he's active and using it, but asking to reserve a name in use on an account that hasn't loged in for a long time is fine right?

Meabegitag
05-06-2011, 05:45 PM
LOL if were reserving names i want to reserve the names Meabegitag Hateloscar and Theseller lol i frequent all of my accounts and toons...but these are my favorite ones....

ratava
05-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Cool bananas...

I'll go for a different name anyway: Something that fits the Blackstar Universe:

1. Sci-Fi

2. Space

3. Androids

4. Alien Scum!

etc..

xxteargodxx
05-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Will this game follow in the footsteps of Pocket Legends and be free to play with In App Purchases? Or will it venture deeper waters and be a subscription based MMO now that Apple has subscriptions enabled?

Also, will there be tapjoy wall offers available in this new game?

ratava
05-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Will this game follow in the footsteps of Pocket Legends and be free to play with In App Purchases? Or will it venture deeper waters and be a subscription based MMO now that Apple has subscriptions enabled?

Also, will there be tapjoy wall offers available in this new game?

1. FREEMIUM + in-app purchases = Just the same as PL.

2. This is has not been resolved yet I suspect? Apple changing things around etc and B* may have other offers that could alter things even... guess the devs will confirm this when it's ready?

Kossi
05-06-2011, 06:13 PM
My names are:
Kossi
Pvp
Epic
Archer
Commander
Magic

razerfingers
05-06-2011, 06:33 PM
oo good good cause theres a few people with diffrent versions of my identity lol

azulflame
05-06-2011, 06:38 PM
reserving azulflame, azultwo, and saulaocapary

jjjjaaaakkkke
05-06-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm reserving
Jake <----------- It'd be epic :banana: you never get to choose this unless your a beta tester
God
Royal
Angel

Major
05-06-2011, 07:13 PM
All I care for is Major.....obviously haha thanks STS

razerfingers
05-06-2011, 07:23 PM
i wanna reserve: razerfingers,razerblades and ADHD ask jim if you wanna know what the ADHD is about hahaha

bronislav84
05-06-2011, 07:31 PM

Also, will there be tapjoy wall offers available in this new game?If you read the interview, which looks like you didn't they specifically mention the game being freemium. As for TJ, even if there aren't, with plat shared account wide on both games because they are by the same company, you could quite easily earn in PL and use in BS. :)
My names are:
Kossi
Pvp
Epic
Archer
Commander
MagicThe ones besides your name are so....ordinary. These are words, not really names. They don't sound like character names either. Hi Pvp, wasuuuuuuup? Suuuure.

Also why are people reserving here? Sam didn't say this is the reserve names thread.

Rusalio
05-06-2011, 08:02 PM
yup, reserve my toons....

Diodge
05-06-2011, 08:13 PM
This is a great idea.

I hope the name I truly want is linked to a band account. Then I might be able to get it.
Jello
my alt in most games are Diodge.

Arterra
05-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Also why are people reserving here? Sam didn't say this is the reserve names thread.

early bird gets the worm. also, if i can prove i wanted it first, i have a better chance of getting it if i come in late to the reserving thread.

for me... Arterra i guess.

SPOILER: Arterra will not be my main. simply keeping the name for identity purposes.

bronislav84
05-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Well in that case it is pretty obvious which name I want unless people don't read sigs. But it is still a misspelling of the actual name I want. One guess what the actual one is.

I just hope when reserves are up they don't just approve every request without checking accounts or posts, because unless the person who owns -Hidden even if it's too late- is actually active, which I doubt, I should be entitled to it on BS for having a similar name and actually being active. If nobody at STS checks this thread later, these dibs are meaningless, especially for people who don't already own the exact name they want like myself. Wonder if we're signing our own graves, posting names?

DarkMio
05-07-2011, 12:39 AM
There are two more questions:
First, will you post it, when the system is online, on facebook?
Second: Yesterday bricked my USB-Slot on my HTC Desire - I have to wait for the warrenty... The question is: Will it be online or directly in the PL-Game?

F1zzzzp0p
05-07-2011, 12:41 AM
What if u wanted to name a charcter in PL but some one tOok
SO in b* u can't use?

Samhayne
05-07-2011, 02:00 AM
Guys, no need to post the names you want here. When the system for reserving names goes in, it will be done within the Pocket Legends game itself.

Samhayne
05-07-2011, 02:03 AM
What if u wanted to name a charcter in PL but some one tOok
SO in b* u can't use?

Say you had wanted the name "Bob" in Pocket Legends, but someone else had already taken it.

Since you don't currently have the name "Bob" you won't be able to reserve it in B*. Only the person with the name "Bob" could reserve it.

But, maybe the guy with a character named "Bob" had stopped playing and didn't reserve it. When B* comes out, if you're the first person to make a character named "Bob" you would get it. The guy with "Bob" in Pocket Legends wouldn't later be able to come and try and get the name.

Corpser
05-07-2011, 05:33 AM
that makes sense woohoo now i can still be royalranger royalbrawler and corpser

:banana:

Echelong
05-07-2011, 05:34 AM
Wow thanks a lot SamH.

Arterra
05-07-2011, 10:12 AM
that... makes sense... O.o

ONEQUICKNINJA
05-07-2011, 05:42 PM
I want the names Hawkurus main and then DarkRage

icantgetkills
05-10-2011, 07:02 PM
My names are:
Kossi
Pvp
Epic
Archer
Commander
Magic

.....you should only be aloud to reserve usernames you already have not usernames you dont have. so many people will want epic commander and pvp etc it would be BS if you can just reserve those names :banana:

pwnpear
05-10-2011, 07:46 PM
I reserve Pwnpear, Prwnpear, Kwnpear, AND CAN I PLZ HAVE pwnbear too! I'm pretty sure that guy never plays and everyone gets my name mixed up!

Wicked Caccavari
05-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Some of you guys and gals can't read one bit. It amazes me how most of you got this far in life. This thread isn't for reserving names nor will there be one. It's only informing you that in the near future there will be a system to reserve usernames you already have.

bronislav84
05-10-2011, 11:47 PM
.....you should only be aloud to reserve usernames you already have not usernames you dont have. so many people will want epic commander and pvp etc it would be BS if you can just reserve those names :banana:Check first page. Sam said any name, which I assume follows the dibs rule. If the rightful owner is found to be inactive then they lose their claim to reserve the name. Also he seemed imply that those reserving a similar name to their own would be granted it within reason.

We don't have all the details, but I'm thinking it goes like this. Names nobody owns, first come first reserve. Name owned by you, you have dibs. Name you want similar to an existing character of yours and original owner is inactive, you have automatic dibs on similar names if the original owner is inactive.

Basically like if somebody wants to reserve a name and it is the identical or similar to a name you own by one letter or sounds similar, the person gets denied unless the active player who owns the name says it is ok. Otherwise, no need to check with anybody and is approved. Inactives for X time (Decided by STS of course) lose their claim. Just my speculation, but to me this sounds most logical and fair.

NECROREAPER
05-11-2011, 12:48 AM
Reserving name:

NECROREAPER

Mahalo :)

Phoenixking
05-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Phoenixking phoenixqueen and phoenixking guard are the ones i want to reserve

Pokechmp
05-11-2011, 03:44 PM
I only care for Pokechmp

Zeusofire
05-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Zeusofire, Zeus, Hades, Hera, Athena, Jupiter, Ares, Greekgod, Tech, Posidon, Greekhero, Noob, I like these :) I plaN to spend lots of plat -_-

asommers
05-11-2011, 05:50 PM
You'll only be able to reserve the names of your existing characters. We do not expire other names or accounts due to inactivity.

-ALS

Sorcererssoul
05-11-2011, 05:55 PM
I'd like to reserve: Sorcererssoul and Funkysword, thats all for me :)

Zeusofire
05-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Aww but there are THOUSANDS of good names taken by unused accounts. Can we at least reserve our names through the community as a matter of courtesy to eachother

Zioz
05-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Im onboard. Will visit often then to find out when the reservations start.

...on you marks...
...get set...
...go...
reserve your name...->

Zeus
05-12-2011, 01:04 AM
Aww but there are THOUSANDS of good names taken by unused accounts. Can we at least reserve our names through the community as a matter of courtesy to eachother

I own a character called Poseidon. Apollo and Bodyguardz as well. Can't reserve those when they are already taken ;).

KaotiicxDream
05-12-2011, 01:21 AM
I wanna reserve:

SandyxRavage (Can't imagine what happens if someone stole this name!)
KaotiicxDream (IF SOMEONE STOLE MY FORUM NAME AS IGN!! I would cry so much!!)

Other chars.. (Nah, names are very specific for PL only)

Wicked Caccavari
05-12-2011, 11:12 AM
People still can't read. Thread lock.

superss
05-12-2011, 11:22 AM
cool!i want superss, meeshkalator plasmor and supercar the last 2 are my bros chars

Piloufas
05-13-2011, 11:52 AM
hello, I'd like to reserve piloufas

Moogerfooger
05-13-2011, 11:54 AM
For the love of Pete, this is not a reservation thread. Samhayne was just telling us a system is coming where we will be able to reserve them....LATER.

karmakali
05-13-2011, 11:59 AM
For the love of Pete, this is not a reservation thread. Samhayne was just telling us a system is coming where we will be able to reserve them....LATER.
For my own sanity I am unsubscribing from this thread...I suggest you do the same. You can't cure stupidity. :)

csb
05-13-2011, 04:32 PM
In online games, your name is your identity... What if someone made an account in Blackstar before they could with the same name that they had in Pocket Legends and thereby stole their identity!

I'm writing today to let you know that we heard you. A system that allows Pocket Legends players to reserve character names for Blackstar will be coming in the near future.

Looks a shameless advertisement for an alternative game wrapped in an answer to a question that nobody asked.

Moogerfooger
05-13-2011, 05:07 PM
Looks a shameless advertisement for an alternative game wrapped in an answer to a question that nobody asked.

Actually, if you had bothered to look, the question had been asked several times since the announcement of Blackstar's tentative release date. I've seen people ask repeatedly on scattered threads and I'm sure there were more.

Next.

ratava
05-13-2011, 05:09 PM

Climb back down under your bridge troll. "You shall not pass!" ;)

Snakespeare
05-13-2011, 06:22 PM
LOL! yes I did ask! Furthermore... hahahahaha posting an announcement on your own forum! How dare you! You capitalists!

seriously...

I am glad that I will be able to reserve some of my PL characters.
I also hope that, when B* comes out, a few names I can't get from PL are available. Crossing my fingers!

Artemis
05-13-2011, 10:45 PM
I want the names Artemis, Goddessofmoon, Athena, Aphrodite, andd Hades.

Greek Mythology Lover;) Last 3 i dont have. I just want em.

Wolffen
05-13-2011, 11:04 PM
Well as long as there isn't an upcharge for keeping names, this should work. Will there be a time limit after which the reservation expires? There should be.

ratava
05-14-2011, 05:25 AM
Well as long as there isn't an upcharge for keeping names, this should work. Will there be a time limit after which the reservation expires? There should be.

No expiration of names has been confirmed: Guess it makes sense in case someone is away for a number of months or paid for their names etc and also database management maybe?

You'll only be able to reserve the names of your existing characters. We do not expire other names or accounts due to inactivity.

-ALS

So STS by putting the name system in PL actually kills 2 birds with one stone:

Bird 1: Ppl can check names in game (no need to remember them off-line!).
Bird 2: Active PL players will reserve their names sooner.

GJ STS. ;)

Ovocotto
05-14-2011, 05:43 AM
I want the name ovospace haha :banana:

csb
05-14-2011, 11:09 AM
Actually, if you had bothered to look, the question had been asked several times since the announcement of Blackstar's tentative release date. I've seen people ask repeatedly on scattered threads and I'm sure there were more.

Next.

Oops, my bad. When i googled it and read some reviews i didn't see that it was by the same company.

csb
05-14-2011, 11:18 AM
In hindsight, i guess it's bad to pick names containing the word "bear", "bird", or related terms.

bronislav84
05-14-2011, 04:28 PM

-ALSWhoa that's a big change from what Sam said originally. Totally messes up people who are playing their second, third, or forth, or etc choice for a name because the one they want was taken by somebody who played for 5 minutes ages ago and then quit. :(

Please, would it be possible to reconsider this decision? People who are never coming back and locked down cool names is just wrong.

It does sound like maybe the name databases would be separate though, so a name used in PL by a quit player would still be first come first serve in BS but just unreservable by others. Probably still possible for people to take in BS names used in PL on quit accounts this way, but not names on reserve from PL. Hey what's to stop would be impostors from effectively stealing names used in PL but not reserved on BS by just getting the client sooner? Evil.

Nightarcher
05-14-2011, 07:11 PM
My characters will all be named "Night____" but I may change them, as Nightarcher and Nightscar don't really go with Sci-Fi. Maybe Nighttrooper or just plain Night. :)

ratava
05-15-2011, 05:14 AM
In online games, your name is your identity. Some people work hard to build up a good reputation and status within the community and all of that is all wrapped up in their name.

After the announcement of Blackstar, a number of people voiced a concern about names. What if someone made an account in Blackstar before they could with the same name that they had in Pocket Legends and thereby stole their identity!

It does sound like maybe the name databases would be separate though, so a name used in PL by a quit player would still be first come first serve in BS but just unreservable by others. Probably still possible for people to take in BS names used in PL on quit accounts this way, but not names on reserve from PL. Hey what's to stop would be impostors from effectively stealing names used in PL but not reserved on BS by just getting the client sooner? Evil.

The way I understand it, is you can reserve your name BEFORE anyone else plays B* therefore you get to retain your name if you RESERVE it. If those names are not reserved then it is the case you can use those names not reserved for B* at creation when the game releases, in B*? But you cannot reserve names you do not already own in PL already!

Otherwise what's the point of a reservations system in the first place, so that is my conclusion on what ALS means:

-ALS

I could have completely misunderstood but I think that's what they mean. :)

It is the case some players will use old players names either coincidence or whatnot, but at least active players in PL and players excited to follow B* get the choice if they want it. Personally I'll be creating new names to fit the B* sci-fi background. Most ppl should be aware of the reservations either because it will be possible in PL (makes sense) or either news letter...

so the ppl that want/need this should find out. Anyone else, well new game, new chance for ppl to pick names I guess. ;)

Cheesecakess
05-15-2011, 06:32 AM
Ill reserve 2 names: (sorry if u r only alowed 1 or something to lazy to read the thread)

1)Cheesecakess

Edit: Oh only existing chars then my second will be cheeseownage

Thx sts u guys r the best devs ever

Simnar
05-16-2011, 01:19 AM
ive trade marked the name simnar dont try and steel it il sew you lol jk jk but thats MY name i got dibs

IGIVENOMERCY
05-17-2011, 04:45 PM
Well I would like to reserve Igivenomercy, Igivenomersy and silentthug(I created this account on a differant email)

Chosen of Diara
05-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Your names matter nothing you will all become just another kill in the failed attempts to overthrow the might of our Empire !

ratava
05-18-2011, 12:03 PM
See THREAD (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?26740-Version-1.7.2-has-been-submitted-to-Apple!): Version 1.7.2 has been submitted to Apple!

You can now reserve your character's name for Blackstar!

<WHEN THIS GOES LIVE>

Ayc2000
05-18-2011, 06:25 PM
I'll reserve pikachuangel, and enikazie

Uwantaids
05-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Hi members i would like to reserve my name uwantaids.

apocketlegend
05-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Ima reserve awesomegolfer! And maybe apocketlegend If u can reserve 2 names! :p

Zeus
05-18-2011, 09:13 PM
Ima reserve awesomegolfer! And maybe apocketlegend If u can reserve 2 names! :p

This thread isn't for reserving names and as stated by Asommers, the names that you already "own" will be auto reserved for you.

apocketlegend
05-18-2011, 09:18 PM
Okay.........?

bronislav84
05-19-2011, 12:09 AM
The way I understand it, is you can reserve your name BEFORE anyone else plays B* therefore you get to retain your name if you RESERVE it. If those names are not reserved then it is the case you can use those names not reserved for B* at creation when the game releases, in B*? But you cannot reserve names you do not already own in PL already!

Otherwise what's the point of a reservations system in the first place, so that is my conclusion on what ALS means:

I could have completely misunderstood but I think that's what they mean. :)

It is the case some players will use old players names either coincidence or whatnot, but at least active players in PL and players excited to follow B* get the choice if they want it. Personally I'll be creating new names to fit the B* sci-fi background. Most ppl should be aware of the reservations either because it will be possible in PL (makes sense) or either news letter...

so the ppl that want/need this should find out. Anyone else, well new game, new chance for ppl to pick names I guess. ;)So basically,.you've confirmed my suspicions that it is still possible to steal names of PL players who have not reserved theirs just by random chance and being the first to login. Uh oh.
This thread isn't for reserving names and as stated by Asommers, the names that you already "own" will be auto reserved for you.Source? For free? According to the 1.7.2 notes it is stated that we will be able to reserve, but not how.

ratava
05-19-2011, 02:39 AM
So basically,.you've confirmed my suspicions that it is still possible to steal names of PL players who have not reserved theirs just by random chance and being the first to login. Uh oh.Source? For free? According to the 1.7.2 notes it is stated that we will be able to reserve, but not how.

Yeah, seems to be that way as far as I can read it, same as what you said?

1.7.2 will be added in PL soon when apple give the green light on that version. So ppl just need to log into PL after the latest client/version is downloaded and probably tick the names they want to reserve or such... easy. :)

KrachenVogel
05-19-2011, 03:38 PM
It wants 50 Platinum to reserve a name. I honestly can't believe this.

It's like some kind of sick joke.

Please tell me this is not real.

Kalielle
05-19-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm not so thrilled about the 50 platinum thing either, considering that the function was there not as a luxury, but simply to prevent people from impersonating well-known players from PL if they happen to get their hands on Blackstar a day sooner.

NeoQueen
05-19-2011, 03:52 PM
I've already stated this but I'll do it here. I vote we make an official Blackstar name reservation thread and reserve there. If someone takes the name then we black list them.

50 plat is ridiculous.

Samhayne
05-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Blackstar is a free game, just like Pocket Legends. If you're the first to log in and make a character with the name you want, you'll get it. So, if you're really following Blackstar and play on day one, you will very likely get the name you want. The name reservation system is an optional, premium, service.

Kalielle
05-19-2011, 04:07 PM
I guess if 50 plat name reservations are what it takes to bring gold elixirs back, I'm glad to have the elixirs. Hopefully name stealing in Blackstar won't be as prevalent as we might fear. Certainly anyone who tries it will get a very bad reputation in the community.

NeoQueen
05-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Blackstar is a free game, just like Pocket Legends. If you're the first to log in and make a character with the name you want, you'll get it. So, if you're really following Blackstar and play on day one, you will very likely get the name you want. The name reservation system is an optional, premium, service.

Ahhhhh....I think that's what has everyone salty. We didn't know it was an "optional, premium service" therefore we thought it would be an optional, free service since nothing was said to the contrary.

I know I would have liked to have known that was the case.

Thanks for the clarification.

MoarPewPew
05-19-2011, 04:20 PM
I hope this was a well 50 plat spent...

Kalielle
05-19-2011, 04:26 PM
I vote we make an official Blackstar name reservation thread and reserve there.

On the other hand, you have to consider that someone wanting to know which names to steal would find such a thread very useful...

ratava
05-19-2011, 05:07 PM

I notice that:

PL => name change = 50 plat
B* => name reserve = 50 plat

50 plat = 8.25 USD or 5.77Euros

So you guys are being consistent with that policy in a way. Perhaps the price is set due to managing the names database, as an incentive for players to take care choosing names and oc it's a personal thing too so players value it. I just think for a name reserve that it is pricey. But maybe that's the sort of thing players would pay for more than they would for new content?! Content is king imo so maybe that's the disconnect on my side...

Btw: happy 1 char is already booked passage on the UCS Blackstar :)

bronislav84
05-19-2011, 05:28 PM
I've already stated this but I'll do it here. I vote we make an official Blackstar name reservation thread and reserve there. If someone takes the name then we black list them.

50 plat is ridiculous.Although I like this idea....
On the other hand, you have to consider that someone wanting to know which names to steal would find such a thread very useful...Kalielle makes a convincing argument. This is basically why I don't like a thread of this nature. Even if those who actually do it get put on a community blacklist, the fact is nobody can convince these thieves to give up the name and nothing could be done about it. To a person out to do this, public humiliation is a small price to pay.

As for me, I'm either going to wait until the last week before release and charge plat for this or not do it at all and just hope I get lucky. My character's name is not worth 50 plat to me. Maybe 5 or 10 but not 50. I could always just use another if I don't get lucky. Hopefully as the release date gets closer either the reserve price will drop (Obviously with compensation for those who got it at the high price) or some kind of incentives are added besides just reserving a block of virtual letters. Maybe if they let us choose our character's look/race/gender beforehand and perhaps an ingame vanity item recognizing people who spent 50 plat, I'd do it. Otherwise probably not. When the dust settles and the game is released, those who reserved then got their favorite name and those who didn't then got their favorite name would be the same. Except those who reserved would be out about $8.25, but otherwise still the same.

Wildwest
05-19-2011, 06:52 PM
I would like to reserve the names Wildwest, WildWesttwo, Lilwildwest, and wildpvpwest!!!!!!! These r the characters/accounts I play the most on!!!

1. Wildwest lvl 52 Dex bear
2. WildWesttwo lvl 50 Dex/Str bear
3. Lilwildwest lvl 26 int/Dex Mage
4. Wildpvpwest lvl 10 Dex bear
Thank u very much I hope u can reserve these names for me!!!!

Azesche
05-19-2011, 10:53 PM
I would like to reserve the names Wildwest, WildWesttwo, Lilwildwest, and wildpvpwest!!!!!!! These r the characters/accounts I play the most on!!!

1. Wildwest lvl 52 Dex bear
2. WildWesttwo lvl 50 Dex/Str bear
3. Lilwildwest lvl 26 int/Dex Mage
4. Wildpvpwest lvl 10 Dex bear
Thank u very much I hope u can reserve these names for me!!!!
Name reservations are in-game. Posting it here rather does the opposite of reserve your name o.O

Buwanda
05-20-2011, 09:40 AM
Ohhh i cant wait :D even if it costs 150 plat lol :))

Residentevil
05-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Wow 50 plat for a reservation.... Just spent 20$ for only 3 names that's just ridiculously over priced, should reconsider that price cause its not like we're getting statistics and all imported all we're getting is a name we want to keep. Having to pay enough for a full sized game just to lay claim to a name which could be done in 2 minutes when the game comes out for 5 plat for 10 times that amount seems really extreme.

Gluttony
05-20-2011, 10:52 AM
In the end just be thankful that people cannot reserve a name that they don't already hold (which is what I would expect for that amount of money).

spookytooth
05-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Wtf!! I cant believe wat i just read, am i seeing this right...50 plat for a name reserve...!!?? And this is serious right? Thats a zero with a five in front of it?? please tell me this is a wierd joke cause thats enuf to make me not even download the game period...50 platinum...!??

DeathDragun
05-20-2011, 04:18 PM
Why does it cost 50 plat?!?

ratava
05-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Why does it cost 50 plat?!?

Here's dev reply to this q:

Also it's Change Name price = Reserve Name price = 50 plat.

Bit yes steep, but there's some sort of shield too; as said most ppl should be able to grab the names they want on day 1..

Xdoradox
05-20-2011, 04:40 PM
I'm reserving
Xdoradox
Pretty sure no one would pick that anyway lol.

bronislav84
05-20-2011, 11:43 PM
Here's dev reply to this q:

Also it's Change Name price = Reserve Name price = 50 plat.

Bit yes steep, but there's some sort of shield too; as said most ppl should be able to grab the names they want on day 1..Yea but see if I do end up grabbing the actual name I want on day 1 of BS then the name I reserved would be semi-wasted because in PL I'm using a name that was actually my third choice. At most I'd use it for an alt in BS and maybe not at all. I'm not sure if I can justify spending 50 plat on a name that would likely be used for an alt if things go as I hope. Might still do it for the cool shield though.

I wonder what BS goodies reserves will get? Maybe early access? We need a reason to actually use the reserved name in BS and a way to differentiate those who reserved from those who didn't. A vanity item in BS for using your reserved name would be really cool, and a definite reason to use the reserved name over just hoping you'll get it. Cause so far the "rewards" for reserving seem entirely PL-sided and nothing in BS.

Chosen of Diara
05-21-2011, 02:16 AM
human technoligy seems inadequat I paid fifty of the plats but it would not allow me my full name '"Chosen of Diara, Born Drakius Velus, conquer of the galaxy, master of the bladez, devoted of the Niark, Slayer of worlds, saviour of the Scorn III'" wunce we have your worlds we will improve it with superior Scorn technoligy. I will take my payback in humans souls 0L0L0L0

00L00?
L0L0L

Chosen of Diara
05-21-2011, 02:23 AM
I'm reserving
Xdoradox
Pretty sure no one would pick that anyway lol.

aktualy that is a good strong Scorn name, meening '"warriorbeyond mesurable strength and wisdom of generations capable of exceptional skils and unbeaten in battle'"

ratava
05-21-2011, 12:21 PM
@Bron: V good suggestions. I'd like some extra promotion stuff for B*. I think current name reserve price is like you say mostly, it's more incentive to either no reserve and get in early on day one or reserve one name. Guess STS will look at the results

Snakespeare
05-21-2011, 12:34 PM
And they're right. Most names aren't worth reserving. I did it as a way to support B* development. Then I got this epic vanity shield! What a sweet surprise. But for those who play the game for free, they should just be very attentive. There will be a "submitted to Apple" announcement, then a week later and "Approved" announcement. Just be there ASAP and you have nothing to fear. However, if you want to reserve Barbarella, you can't, because someone already has that name in PL. They may be a dead account. If they really want it, and it IS worth reserving, they will gladly pay 50 plat. If they don't then it's available on Day 1. Such a deal.

bronislav84
05-21-2011, 03:04 PM
@Bron: V good suggestions. I'd like some extra promotion stuff for B*. I think current name reserve price is like you say mostly, it's more incentive to either no reserve and get in early on day one or reserve one name. Guess STS will look at the resultsYea basically. I'd reserve in a heartbeat if they offered something in BS as well, because at the end then were getting two items and the steep price is split in half. Thinking I will wait and see if our requests are answered as the release approaches closer. I mean sure the game ain't out yet, but a promise of something when it launches is good enough until it finally does launch. I know of a couple times when a company was about to launch a new game they offered items in it and beta access. Doesn't have to be beta access, and not even sure it is possible to do a beta for a portable game, but hey it's an idea. I dunno about you guys, but for a price this high I'd like something visible and permanent in both games, not just PL.

Cryptic did it with CO and STO for example, and STO wasn't out yet at the time. They still honored the offer when it did launch, after some fixes to the items that took about a month. The offer HAD almost turned into a bait and switch fiasco, because they left out the female half of the outfits and had to program it in. Oh, and even though this wasn't a box preorder item and was promised to never be offered again, it still went up in the CStore (A premium store in a P2P game!) with all the preorder items. :\ Anyway, I'm sure STS could do something similar, except not as evil. Reserve your name for $8.25 and get a vanity item in both games? Score!