PDA

View Full Version : Elite Rengol Drops

Amicusdei
08-29-2015, 11:32 AM
Thank you STS for working very hard to provide a game which most of us enjoy free of charge.

Thank you also for accepting and acting upon the criticisms of your sometimes very ungrateful player community.

Because I know you are open to suggestions, I have a few:

Gear drops in Elite Rengol maps should be better, please.
The rarity of the mythic crafting ingredients does not bother me at all, let us farm and farm.
The bronze orc chest does bother me. Why not drop a blue and be done with it?
Other drops can be gotten from regular maps, hence the market was already flooded before elites went live.

The jewels that drop: we should be seeing no less than the primary stat jewels and chaos.
Not only that, but cracked should not fall here, please move to standard or at least damaged.
I'm not suggesting an increase in frequency, just quality.

Having said all that, make us work for it.
The new maps are entirely too easy.
You have seen our appetite for content, please bring more food to the party.
Mobs should be tougher, not necessarily damage-wise but certainly hp and armor need big boosts.
Think big trolls as a baseline and go up from there.
One hits and stuns are not fun, but with the ample warning from the red zones you have given us, its a chance to test our skills and movement.
Standing in one spot spamming skill combos and pots shouldn't be the dominant strategy. *cough, ARENA, cough*

Also, mob clearing should be like 50-60% minimum to spawn boss.
Drop a few mobs and run should not be an option.
Yes we could hang out and kill more, but why, when we get cracked lightning and haggard shirts as a reward?
The boss is where the goodies are atm, and its better to kill him quickly and start again.
The mythic ingredients will be gotten either way, so we drop a few and make tracks.

Increasing boss difficulty will also prevent running.
Who's in a hurry to fight a marathon boss battle?
Its a delicate balance, I know, but mobs and bosses should each be rewarding in their own ways.

You guys have done an excellent job making top level gears available to the most players possible, and I thank you for that as well.
Now that so many of us have them, its time to put them to the test.

Maybe you can come up with a next level of elite map.
Something that is optional (and rewarding) for top geared players but keep the current map difficulties as they are.
Super-elite content, if you will.

This is a great game and i hope it will continue to be great.
The last few releases/reveals/events/updates have just been a bit lacking, I am sorry to say.

Thanks for listening to us.

coenzyme
08-29-2015, 01:07 PM
I have to agree with you in a few of your points. First the 60% level clear. This is a must. The RUN needs to be slowed if not stoped. Second jewel quality in elitle should be bumped. The orc fang should be enough to get players to fight mobs alas it won't work as long as players can RUN to boss after only clearing six or seven groups. I like the thread good thoughts.

Fibus
09-01-2015, 09:42 AM
Thank you for the well-constructed feedback! Indeed, we are always listening for ways to improve the game. Keep an eye out over the next 1-2 weeks for some tweaks that will be coming to Elite content.

Madnex
09-01-2015, 10:52 AM
Thank you for the well-constructed feedback! Indeed, we are always listening for ways to improve the game. Keep an eye out over the next 1-2 weeks for some tweaks that will be coming to Elite content.
Consider a system closer to Planar Tombs' fragments that drop 100% of the time instead of having to rely on luck for drops. Increase the amounts needed for the crafting recipes to keep the difficulty at the same level. Primarily insignias need another, more certain way to be acquired than a 10% normal boss chance.

Increasing the mob count required for bosses to spawn is also a good idea.