View Full Version : Galactic Overlord

Primal
05-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Hi guys,
This boss has been bothering me...a lot. After searching around, I discovered the simplest way to dispose of him is to use a tanker's ale. So I did that, but low and behold no one else in my party did. So I'm going at it and it's a breeze, I mean I HP pot even less, but keep in mind I'm a 51 bird using a wing. Unfortunately, I do not have repulse shot and I was unable to figure out how to position OL near those exploding columns. Yea I got lucky once or twice but with only 5mins to spare, luck is not all I want to rely on.

So the point of this post is I want some help, preferably people who are willing to use a tanker's ale, so I can finish this quest already. A bear is optimal due to certain lovely skills they possess, but what ever works is fine by me.

note: I can not access victory lap map because...well I dunno why. I haven't been playing a month yet, so yea I can't solo this guy even with a tanker's ale. :(
edit: almost forgot in game name is PrimalTruth. I'll be on tomorrow morning and/or afternoon.

Ayrilana
05-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Use blast shot to take out his shield. Ignore the barrels. I can try since the only reason I can't beat him now is because you can't position him next to the barrels anymore. I won't use plat though for a tank pot.

JaytB
05-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Add IKungFuPanda, I'll help you out tomorrow afternoon with my lv 56 gf (Mage).

Edit: I added you on my bear. See you tomorrow. We'll woop some overlord's b@tt :banana:

Fatpigwarrior
05-06-2011, 09:04 PM
if i wasnt banned i'd come along :) but im banned :(

thugimmortal
05-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Dude do u still need help ?

Riccits
05-07-2011, 11:10 AM
need to do some victory lap runs... when someone would be interested i will help!

azulflame
05-07-2011, 01:09 PM
play time has nothing to do with skill. I have been playing for 5 months, tried all three characters, got an archer to 20, scrapped it, got a bear to 28, scrapped it, and currently working on another archer, which is 25. Saulaocapary is 50 and I am taking my time on her cyber quests. I'll try to help, but I don't know how much I can help. I might fare better if I get either the cyber armor or the myster armor for int. but add saulaocapary

Rusalio
05-07-2011, 01:24 PM
primal, another way to do this is get a bear party... and have them spec for armor..... Bears can outlast most due to the STR aspect, its not bad to get a mage who can use manage shield for a small period of time and heal the bears... still need to chug pots but not as quick. The other thing I've noticed after soling a few, if you stay on the OL...aka close, the stomp or impacts are less than if you were 1 inch away from him. To each their own, but this is what I've experienced... be glad to help...pm me.

thugimmortal
05-07-2011, 01:36 PM
A bear can solo OL
you just stand a little way past a barrel thats in the overlords path and when he is close to a a barrel use beckon that will blow the barrel and knock his shield off.
Then quickly attack because the shields not down for long.
Also you have to be patient as it will take time to do and watch where the overlord is going to walk.
This stratagy is hard to pull off with mages using aoe skills as it blows the barrels.
the fastest way is an archer breaking shield while everyone pounding him

:banana:

Primal
05-07-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm logging on now.

JaytB
05-07-2011, 02:39 PM
I'm logging on now.

I'm afk, will be there in 5-10mins

Primal
05-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Thanks bud. Justg said it all in your sig. I tried to add all those people but one got away.
Hopefully, getting cyber will be a lot less painful now.

And I guess the need for tanker's ale is outdated, cause you guys owned. :-)
I used it so as to be less of a pain to heal than usual. ;-)

JaytB
05-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Thanks bud. Justg said it all in your sig. I tried to add all those people but one got away.
Hopefully, getting cyber will be a lot less painful now.

And I guess the need for tanker's ale is outdated, cause you guys owned. :-)
I used it so as to be less of a pain to heal than usual. ;-)

Glad we could help ;)

You did a great job with your bird too btw, it would certainly have taken us a lot longer without you :)

Sorcererssoul
05-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Hehe,
Was this the party you invited me for, kungfu?
Ty btw i needed to clear overlord too :)

JaytB
05-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Hehe,
Was this the party you invited me for, kungfu?
Ty btw i needed to clear overlord too :)

Yes buddy :) you helped a ton too btw. Thx for joining :D