PDA

View Full Version : If your leveling a mage for endgame pvp don't do it

Basauli
08-29-2015, 11:03 PM
It's very complicated and it's not really that fun. You either play as a intelligence mage and die to good pallies, or you play as a pallie and the fight drags on and on and no one dies. Your best bet would be to level a bird to 77 rather then a mage.

I am in the process of leveling a bird my mage will rarely be used for pvp once I am leveled to 77 . A pally mage is only fun at endgame if their is no other pallies there, or a pally that isn't so good.

Either make a bird or a bear, or a fox but those die to mages very easily and there's a lot of mages at endgame pvp . All the post a on the forums that say pally mage is boring, it is true after too many long fights I started making my bird yesterday and am now 75, its fun but should be better when I'm 77

synfullmagic_23110
08-29-2015, 11:52 PM
Unless u bes like me

Ignitedmage
08-30-2015, 12:41 AM
Many people in PL community search for easy characters and int mage on end game is most hard, i would recommend people to use it as it's the most competitive character which won't bore you

Bazinga!
08-30-2015, 03:50 AM
Mage is the most OP class in Pocket Legends. Both pally and int mage are capable of winning vs any class if you're good at it. Int mage is better in my opinion but I guess your just not good at mage.

Ignitedmage
08-30-2015, 06:54 AM
Mage is the most OP class in Pocket Legends. Both pally and int mage are capable of winning vs any class if you're good at it. Int mage is better in my opinion but I guess your just not good at mage.

Nope he doesn't have enough patience for a mage

Groaning
08-30-2015, 07:39 AM
pls hardest class is int fox

Ignitedmage
08-30-2015, 08:52 AM
pls hardest class is int fox
Please int rhino for the hard

iRandom
08-30-2015, 09:32 AM
lol

Reasons why I love mage (even more at endgame)

1) Time your skills.
________Let's be honest. If you screw up the timing, you screw up the win. The class has the most skills with a delay, but that delay can definitely be used to your advantage (if you know how of course).
2) Takes knowledge of the opponent (mainly class).
________You can't get away with misclicking as mage at endgame (you can, but bear, bird, pally, and fox do it better). I've seen mages mess up and not heal HS. Especially when the bear has just gone through the first rinse. Allowing a bear to more or less press "refresh" on skills but still be in range of anything is death. I don't always heal when I'm stunned. But I do heal (the stuns) when the opportunity to get back and kite presents itself.
3) Range.
________The only other class that I would argue that takes more knowledge of range would be bird. Otherwise, mage (especially int mage since pallies just walk forward) actually takes wisdom of range. This ranges (no pun intended) from exploiting the +1 range with a knockback, the moment freeze will hit, and the delay of drain. With other classes (not including bird or rhino), it's usually press a button, walk forward, and spam buttons in certain order. Mage is all about improvisation.

TL;DR You can't hate the mage class because it takes skill.

Taccori
08-31-2015, 02:38 PM
Pally fun af in 3-3 FFA but otherwise extremely boring, and int is hard af, but super fun imo, and I'm only half decent. But I agree kind of, so many mages if you're going to level one endgame pvp char I wouldn't go Mage.

Ignitedmage
09-03-2015, 08:57 AM
lol

1) Time your skills.
________Let's be honest. If you screw up the timing, you screw up the win. The class has the most skills with a delay, but that delay can definitely be used to your advantage (if you know how of course).
________You can't get away with misclicking as mage at endgame (you can, but bear, bird, pally, and fox do it better). I've seen mages mess up and not heal HS. Especially when the bear has just gone through the first rinse. Allowing a bear to more or less press "refresh" on skills but still be in range of anything is death. I don't always heal when I'm stunned. But I do heal (the stuns) when the opportunity to get back and kite presents itself.
3) Range.
________The only other class that I would argue that takes more knowledge of range would be bird. Otherwise, mage (especially int mage since pallies just walk forward) actually takes wisdom of range. This ranges (no pun intended) from exploiting the +1 range with a knockback, the moment freeze will hit, and the delay of drain. With other classes (not including bird or rhino), it's usually press a button, walk forward, and spam buttons in certain order. Mage is all about improvisation.

as a example of first point, like u start a fight a frostbite earlier(meh its 9)

Taccori
09-03-2015, 09:01 AM
Who's your Mage? I suck at timing, no watch :(

lol

1) Time your skills.
3) Range.

Ignitedmage
09-03-2015, 09:09 AM
Who's your Mage? I suck at timing, no watch :(

There is a rule to get better at mage
well 2
1. Don't care about kdr
2. Fight continuously because only way to get perfect is practice and only way to practice is to learn from dieing

tger
09-05-2015, 06:07 AM
Go bear or go home! just tank all hits and k0 em up!

Ignitedmage
09-05-2015, 06:15 AM
Go bear or go home! just tank all hits and k0 em up!

Go bear and get 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001 % respect

Iheybeautiful
09-05-2015, 07:58 AM
Go bear and get 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001 % respect
Depends who the bear is.

Type 1: A bear who beck stomps then says " bwahahahahahahahaha food ez get skill " but spams " luck " or " phone call / msg " or " lag " every single time he dies.

Type 2: A bear who does a good combo and doesn't trash talk + respectful with no ego earns respect.

Ignitedmage
09-05-2015, 08:49 AM
Depends who the bear is.

Type 1: A bear who beck stomps then says " bwahahahahahahahaha food ez get skill " but spams " luck " or " phone call / msg " or " lag " every single time he dies.

Type 2: A bear who does a good combo and doesn't trash talk + respectful with no ego earns respect.

Meh why hate me then?

Iheybeautiful
09-05-2015, 09:07 AM
Meh why hate me then?
I hate all family bears.

Ignitedmage
09-06-2015, 06:04 AM
I hate all family bears.

As expected..........

XghostzX
09-06-2015, 11:06 AM
There is a rule to get better at mage
well 2
1. Don't care about kdr
2. Fight continuously because only way to get perfect is practice and only way to practice is to learn from dieing

With #1 I will disagree. My KDR has been increasing as an int mage for awhile now.

But yes, the only way you really get better is to practice, play other experienced INT mages, and learn.

I think INT mages are one of the most difficult classes to play, and it's hilarious how some bears will kill me and be like "you suck". But they definitely have a good payoff once you "master" them.

Iheybeautiful
09-06-2015, 11:16 PM
With #1 I will disagree. My KDR has been increasing as an int mage for awhile now.

But yes, the only way you really get better is to practice, play other experienced INT mages, and learn.

I think INT mages are one of the most difficult classes to play, and it's hilarious how some bears will kill me and be like "you suck". But they definitely have a good payoff once you "master" them.
Agreed, and it's even nicer when they beck stomp while you're lagging and say " lol int mage ez food " or " lmao dex bird weak " but then you 10-0 them while ur NOT lagging then they rage and cry hard.

That just makes my day [emoji4]

Ssneakykills
09-07-2015, 03:36 AM
All the good of mages play int it's just common knowledge

Majority of pallys don't know range and how to string along a combo at all

Ignitedmage
09-07-2015, 10:41 AM

Yes your KDR is getting good and good because you have mastered int mage but for those who are in practice if they'll will care about kdr they will quit........

XghostzX
09-07-2015, 12:06 PM
Yes your KDR is getting good and good because you have mastered int mage but for those who are in practice if they'll will care about kdr they will quit........

Not really, I'm sure my KDR was negative at some point. You have to lose some at first to regain it back, and then get more.

iRandom
09-07-2015, 02:42 PM

So a person practicing karate should instantly become the grandmaster?
That's basically the logic you're using.

frat
09-09-2015, 07:55 AM
Int Mage is very fun but it's not a class that you're going to like in 1v1 situations. The annoying this is, even the best of int mages like ghost lose against some bears who barley know bear. The reason I go dex bear at endgame is because people hardly ever do 2v2 or 3v3 ffa's anymore. Str bears are boring in 1v1's because all dex and int people are easy kills because it's just op and if I try to rush and start an FFA I get teamed and end up getting killed because str Bears do nothing in 2v1's. Dex just makes it so you can actually get kills when you're getting teamed and win 1v1's quicker against other str users. Str is honestly just boring and gets no kills unless you farm int mages or Dex birds which is just no fun.

As for mages again, you'll only enjoy it if you have a bunch of people willing to 2v2 and 3v3 in ctf or pvp which just never happens now. Mages were meant to be a support class in the first place.

saool
09-09-2015, 08:38 AM
I honestly haven't used anything that isn't int on my mage since hallows, I think it was. I love nuking with pure int.

Ignitedmage
09-11-2015, 03:45 AM
So a person practicing karate should instantly become the grandmaster?
That's basically the logic you're using.

No.
I said int mages shouldn't care about kdr because when practicing they are negative and for those who have less hopes quit swiftly
however i said that moth kdr is increasing because he is a good int mage and have mastered his skills

SillyJuan
09-11-2015, 06:00 AM
Actually pallies are f**** OP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frat
09-11-2015, 04:36 PM
Actually pallies are f**** OP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pallies are op but a good int Mage kills them easily. Savage bears are easy to beat with Mage but it's just those pesky talon birds, dagger birds, and lust str Bears that are hard.

iRandom
09-12-2015, 11:46 AM
Pallies are op but a good int Mage kills them easily. Savage bears are easy to beat with Mage but it's just those pesky talon birds, dagger birds, and lust str Bears that are hard.

No, talon and daggers birds are not hard...