PDA

View Full Version : New Elites and warriors role in them

Oezheasate
08-30-2015, 06:06 PM
Hiya,

So i havent been on lately and i would just like to know, the predicted need for warriors in the new elites, has it come into existence or are we still the most useless class in AL?

Cheers,
Oez.

Hectororius
08-30-2015, 06:14 PM
Only one way to find out...

Oursizes
08-30-2015, 06:23 PM
Haven't been on lately is misleading. I think you mean havent been doing pve lately? As ive seen you on quite a bit in game. Anyways, warriors will never be needed until their aggro holding skills get buffed(duration of aggro holding not damage or anything else). Even if mobs start doing 50% damage of hp per hit full dps will still be safer than having a warrior(unless the warrior knows how to rotate their aggro skills properly and time horn properly.

Runel Joseph Ruiz
08-31-2015, 01:46 AM
yep in new elite good geared warriors are needed for a run.

Zuorsyra
08-31-2015, 03:35 AM
Still useless sorry.
A full rogue or a rogue/mage party kick *** pretty easily in those maps even without warriors.

Dimitrian
08-31-2015, 04:08 AM
Sorry,but i'll have to quote myself...hehe

Warriors won't get buffed cuz not even THE DEVS PLAY AS WARRIORS!
I mean,come on sts,at E3 2012 the guy representing you said that his favourite class is the warrior because he can deal heavy amounts of damage...
Link to video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a9aEum-sgg
The warriors being useless is one of the two reasons i deleted my warrior (the other one being that i was playing as a guest).
Plus,i'm 75% sure that more than half of the new players choose the warrior,cause everyone wants to play as the big guy with muscles...
A solution to buffing the warriors IMO is that sts should do a significant buff over their damage,cause 95% of the dungeons need damage in order to be finished fast.

Yeah...AL is pretty much the only game where the big guy with muscles is only good at...showing his muscles...

Transfordark
08-31-2015, 04:44 AM
Been waiting forever for the wars to get a buff but sadly not even a SINGLE Buff.
As many players have left this game of this and I'm gonna leave too because of this.
Seriously I'm tired for continuously asking for a buff and so many people are, did devs or sts give a single reply about our complaints or suggestions about the useless class nowadays? Never.
Even the devs don't use wars. This proves how useless wars are.

Pillowhead
08-31-2015, 05:01 AM
Been waiting forever for the wars to get a buff but sadly not even a SINGLE Buff.
As many players have left this game of this and I'm gonna leave too because of this.
Seriously I'm tired for continuously asking for a buff and so many people are, did devs or sts give a single reply about our complaints or suggestions about the useless class nowadays? Never.
Even the devs don't use wars. This proves how useless wars are.

People have left for many different reasons, and if you want to leave because of this, then go ahead.

#RudeMondayWithPillowHead

mesalin
08-31-2015, 05:29 AM
Well maybe war is useless but i still invite to party 1 war just help friends :)

<Forgiveness>

Oezheasate
08-31-2015, 06:52 AM
So the general opinion is that warriors arent needed i guess?

Haven't been on lately is misleading. I think you mean havent been doing pve lately? As ive seen you on quite a bit in game. Anyways, warriors will never be needed until their aggro holding skills get buffed(duration of aggro holding not damage or anything else). Even if mobs start doing 50% damage of hp per hit full dps will still be safer than having a warrior(unless the warrior knows how to rotate their aggro skills properly and time horn properly.

This summer ive been on 3-4 hours daily, these last 7 days due to bad and unstable internet connection i wasnt even on 1 hour on average, running around with 500-2k ping is the best ive managed these days with a lot of dcs. Thats why i said "havent been on lately" :)

Haligali
08-31-2015, 07:46 AM
11 character message

nelson131
08-31-2015, 08:30 AM
I actually prefer a good warrior as it really takes the burden off me so that u can focus on using skills instead of potting non stop.
The problem is that too many warriors in pve have trash hp/armour, rendering them useless. Also, the arena also render warriors/mages useless as it is completely a boss orientated map, which is the bread and butter of every rogue.

Candylicks
08-31-2015, 08:44 AM
Nothing changed with elites, they are actually easier than any other elite campaign. Unless you have a strong guild or group of friends that will party with a warrior it generally continues to slow down the run. I was expecting different here, but it's the same. Warriors continue to be a mostly PvP class.

Madnex
08-31-2015, 08:50 AM
Only exceptional warriors are picked for runs, usually max-geared and with a lot of experience.

It's easy to tell a bad warrior from a good one and even easier to tell a bad mage from a good one. With rogues, it's harder to say since skill spamming and potting is pretty much all you're expected to do, maybe move off a couple red zones which is common sense. PvE-wise, to be wanted, tanks need something to balance out the damage loss of replacing DPS since there's no actual tanking needed.

Excuses
08-31-2015, 09:25 AM
Still useless and still mindless.

LumbJack
08-31-2015, 11:12 AM
An end game rogue's crit % is a warrior's biggest problem with holding aggro in new elites. Here's how I do it:

(Singe is my pet)
- Charge up VB to boost your own crit % and use Singe's AA (75% stun)
- Use charged skyward smash to stun again. (For the first few seconds enemies won't even be able to attack, and with how many crits you'll be dealing, you'll still hold aggro)
- Use charged whirlwind and move around to aggro the mob.
- Drop another charged skyward smash and then use charged horn of renew to aggro again, and heal you & your team.
- By this time, VB's & Singe's cool down should finish, and you can repeat these steps.

In using this strategy, I rarely see my teammates even take a hit, and hardly ever do they die.

My warrior has 7.4k hp, 2.4k armor, 10% crit, and 689/533 dps/dmg. Not OP by any means.
Ign: itchywrinkles lvl 46

warriorromio
08-31-2015, 11:37 AM
Get a nekro and your chances will increase in pve cause nekros speed boost makes your party members happy... and if you have good friends then you will eassily get party..
There is nothing to farm in elites same drop as normal map just rune is droping in elites..
and first 2 maps only needs a few mobs to kill and then just run to boss and kill him...
Bosses are too eassy .
I dont know if they are hard for most of you cause i have 8.8k hp with 2.9k armor but still there main red jone attacks can hit me only 20-30 % so if its 40-50% for a avarage build tank but still eassy cause i tried it without ring and planer pendent with 7.2k hp and 2.7k armor
If you are a tank the i preffer you to have atleast 7.5k hp with 2.5k armor cause if you dont have that much u are hardly over then a rouge
And my strtgy is to rotate nekro skill with my partener for not getting stuned not even a single time i use cs and wm and hor and jugger for keeping agro.
Cs is my fav cause when you saw any mob going for your dps then run there and use cs on mob he will turned to you for shure..
And it have shortest cooldown too..
And wars are still good for elites even i did rengols 1st elite map with 4 tanks and we did good with 3 toor and 1 nekro all was ussing jugger so cycling jugger and nekro..
And we did it in a preety good time.
Lol ao forget bout every thing work for your build and learn skill by the experiance its better learn your skill by experiance .
Elites are too eassy but you dont even need to do them cause better run normal maps for innsignias if you want to farm

Samaeldavisjr
08-31-2015, 07:49 PM
Warriors aren't needed in elites huh? Then why is it after I run to boss, only warriors are there to finish? Lmfao
Thanks Stg for a great Warrior-Elite with Rengol! :)

And to the above post. Wtf are u talking about, it isn't necessary to run Rengol elite? You gonna just buy yur runes and fangs like the rest of the overgeared nubs in AL? LMAOX2

Oursizes
08-31-2015, 08:16 PM
Warriors aren't needed in elites huh? Then why is it after I run to boss, only warriors are there to finish? Lmfao

And to the above post. Wtf are u talking about, it isn't necessary to run Rengol elite? You gonna just buy yur runes and fangs like the rest of the overgeared nubs in AL? LMAOX2

Why is it that in my full dps non maxed party we can run to boss without reviving and all make it safe and sound? Sounds like your party sucks at running.

KnowledgeFTW
08-31-2015, 08:58 PM
Very very useless still in PvE. My god, the rouges and mages have to stand 10 feet away for me just to hold aggro.

Midievalmodel
09-01-2015, 12:27 PM

Im sorry Sam. I don't agree with you bud. Warriors are not needed in new elite rengol. I rarely play my warrior anymore for that reason in PVE. I play my rogue and run with a 3 rogue party and we breeze through them with minimal deaths even when running to boss. Sorry to say but you probably play with inexperience PVE players.

Motherless_Child
09-01-2015, 12:58 PM
Warriors come in handy in the new elites when running with undergeared and/or inexperienced PUGs because you usually have to end up running to the boss... But the warrior still has to know what he is doing and be properly geared and built, or course..... Running the new elites with PUGs is a "Twilight Zone" type of experience.... :nightmare: