PDA

View Full Version : REWARD for those on leaderboard :o

Imperial-legend
05-07-2011, 06:53 AM
well, firstly, i know most of u might disagree with me for two reasons:

1. Most of u r not on there :o

2. u may deem that it doesn't mean much coz it is not that difficult to get on there.

BUT, if u look at it from another aspects, it actually means a lot and i do reckon an exclusive gift need to be granted from dev for these reasons:

1. The 'founderhelmet' was rewarded simply for those who built their account at the very beginning... i mean are ALL of them really veterans? NO,coz it doesn't mean they rly dedicate much into this game and certainly doesn't mean they work hard to be good.

2. I heard some ppl were saying leaderboard doesnt mean anything, well answer my question: if leaderboard doesn't suggest who's good then what does??

3. Have u ever tried to make a character and work it hard onto the leaderboard? well it is harder than u imagine to go up there, especially maintaining ur record after.

4. Working up on leaderboard actually requires TONs of time and hard work. Taking myself as a good example, for my main, I've actually spent like more than 6 hrs every single day doing pvp in arena during my 3 months holiday.. and now my bear, i also dedicated lots lots of time to finally got him onto the board.

For these reasons, i rly rly do think we deserve like a leaderhelm or sth.

So here is my idea: if u r on there u will be granted the gift, but if u get eliminated by other players ur gift will be automatically removed.

In this way, by having these added incentives. all of us can actually be motivated and work harder to create New Records~~

superglut2
05-07-2011, 07:10 AM
Agreed. Gifts

Beanmachine
05-07-2011, 07:11 AM
But then the item shoudnt be OP, maybe a vanity with arrows pointing to your toons head saying "I made it!" with like 1 armor and 1 damage.

Imperial-legend
05-07-2011, 07:18 AM
But then the item shoudnt be OP, maybe a vanity with arrows pointing to your toons head saying "I made it!" with like 1 armor and 1 damage.

lol yeh just a token of ur achievement=)

Imperial-legend
05-07-2011, 08:21 AM
LMAO i thought this would be controversial but it seems no one has objective~~~ so how do u ask dev to look at this thread??

karmakali
05-07-2011, 08:31 AM
:p

So....if I made leaderboards for the highest number of deaths would I still get something?:p

Imperial-legend
05-07-2011, 08:38 AM

So....if I made leaderboards for the highest number of deaths would I still get something?:p

well IMO, yes u do IF u can make it up there... i mean if most death doesnt mean anything then why would dev be bothered to make a leaderboard for that in the first place?? btw happybdayappl is on my list lol hes amazing with 80k+ pve deaths.

Gluttony
05-07-2011, 08:41 AM
I'm sorry, am I the only one who thinks this is useless? Leaderboards (LB) are primarily for boosters. People freeze xp and farm zombies for days, so the only thing they have actually accomplished is having way too much time on their hands or perhaps staying awake for what must be as boring as watching paint dry (so to speak). Also, some of the categories are quite strange (overall deaths), shouldn't that have a dunce cap awarded (sorry if those are actual stats for people, I assume that it was done on purpose). What about people who have quit (or banned) just wait until they get passed up... eventually?

Overall, I guess I'm on board for this simply because I would like to see people compete for their place on the useless LB. Could be funny to watch because I know I've been flamed for calling some of the boosters out. But seriously who can go 1000+ wins without a single loss in PvP? If they're so good, why are they never mentioned in the "Who's the best PvPer" threads? Just think for a second who you are supporting with the addition.

thugimmortal
05-07-2011, 08:45 AM
The leaderboards can be cheated

say a player has two devices and two accounts whats to stop them just pvping themselves or even a group of people just letting them kill them to raise the kill count just to get on the leaderboards.

Imperial-legend
05-07-2011, 08:52 AM
The leaderboards can be cheated

say a player has two devices and two accounts whats to stop them just pvping themselves or even a group of people just letting them kill them to raise the kill count just to get on the leaderboards.

good point, BUT still u should consider that as a flaw or blind spot of the leaderboard function. I do reckon thats cheating as well but that only apply to PVP kd ratio board, and u cant denny all the hard work ppl put in getting onto the other boards

Conradin
05-07-2011, 08:55 AM
I'm sorry, am I the only one who thinks this is useless? Leaderboards (LB) are primarily for boosters. People freeze xp and farm zombies for days, so the only thing they have actually accomplished is having way too much time on their hands or perhaps staying awake for what must be as boring as watching paint dry (so to speak). Also, some of the categories are quite strange (overall deaths), shouldn't that have a dunce cap awarded (sorry if those are actual stats for people, I assume that it was done on purpose). What about people who have quit (or banned) just wait until they get passed up... eventually?

Overall, I guess I'm on board for this simply because I would like to see people compete for their place on the useless LB. Could be funny to watch because I know I've been flamed for calling some of the boosters out. But seriously who can go 1000+ wins without a single loss in PvP? If they're so good, why are they never mentioned in the "Who's the best PvPer" threads? Just think for a second who you are supporting with the addition.

Bingo. Instead of gifting a few hard workers and many boosters (im not saying you are imperial, juat that sone are) with a temp item thats wortgless doeant motivate me. I think we need pvp rewards for all, like honor points from winning games that can be used for special gear etc. Vanities coukd also be bougjt w/ these. This would attract loads of players who previously didnt want to pvp.

Also we need a pvp tutorial, and a overhauled pvp system (as of now one or two types of char are op at diff lvls)

Gluttony
05-07-2011, 09:01 AM
good point, BUT still u should consider that as a flaw or blind spot of the leaderboard function. I do reckon thats cheating as well but that only apply to PVP kd ratio board, and u cant denny all the hard work ppl put in getting onto the other boards

Can't deny hard work to die loads? This could be possible with a bit of tweaking. First of all, remove the death category, it's pretty pointless (as HappyBdayAppl proved) Next, freeze xp is intended for the creation of PvP twinks so freezing xp should knock one out of the PvE LB; it's just like on X360 where game cheats (if available) disable achievements. PvE K/D ratio would prolly have to raise the bar past >1,000 to maybe 10,000 otherwise people would just get 1000/0 and stop using the toon and lock a spot on the LB. Also top 5 seems a bit much for a LB, maybe just top 3 (if a reward system is in place).

Imperial-legend
05-07-2011, 09:04 AM

firstly, the zombie kill farming as boosting is wrong, the top two pve KD ratio r on my list and they r both lvl50+ with 0 death. u have to admit thats indeed quite an achievement disregard of whether they hav too much time to waste or not.

secondly, pvp kd ratio is a special case which I would agree with u, in fact i m very confident to say that EVERY single ONE of them who is on there CHEATED. but once again u cant denny the great achievement of other players from other boards just by them.

azulflame
05-07-2011, 09:14 AM
If you see someone on the pvp k/d ratio tops, and think that they cheated, as them to a duel. go all out, and just try to kill them at least twice. that should half their ratio, and voila, they have to earn their way onto the leaderboard.

Imperial-legend
05-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Can't deny hard work to die loads? This could be possible with a bit of tweaking. First of all, remove the death category, it's pretty pointless (as HappyBdayAppl proved) Next, freeze xp is intended for the creation of PvP twinks so freezing xp should knock one out of the PvE LB; it's just like on X360 where game cheats (if available) disable achievements. PvE K/D ratio would prolly have to raise the bar past >1,000 to maybe 10,000 otherwise people would just get 1000/0 and stop using the toon and lock a spot on the LB. Also top 5 seems a bit much for a LB, maybe just top 3 (if a reward system is in place).

Eliminating the death board is fair enough hehe =], but thats also quite depends on what dev's intention was of making one there in the first place

ICantSpel
05-07-2011, 09:16 AM
firstly, the zombie kill farming as boosting is wrong, the top two pve KD ratio r on my list and they r both lvl50+ with 0 death. u have to admit thats indeed quite an achievement disregard of whether they hav too much time to waste or not.

secondly, pvp kd ratio is a special case which I would agree with u, in fact i m very confident to say that EVERY single ONE of them who is on there CHEATED. but once again u cant denny the great achievement of other players from other boards just by them.

because farming keeper is hard?..

j46g629h
05-07-2011, 09:58 AM
well, firstly, i know most of u might disagree with me for two reasons....

did you get founder helmet?

is your character on the leaderboard?

that's what I want to ask :)

Gluttony
05-07-2011, 10:09 AM

Not to sound rude, but just because they leveled after the fact doesn't make it any more spectacular. So, freezing xp and farming until you have say 100k+ kills, then unfreezing and having someone powerlevel you still doesn't impress me. I'd love to see if the people who froze xp were removed from the leaderboards, if your friends would make the cut... if they were there after that, then it is indeed quite an achievement, but I know for fact that the top of PvE K/D ratio currently has frozen xp at 52 (so they can farm CtK) which doesn't impress me.

Piosidon
05-07-2011, 10:28 AM

So....if I made leaderboards for the highest number of deaths would I still get something?:p So you're saying that I can run into Alien Oasis 3 naked and get the most deaths

Arterra
05-07-2011, 10:50 AM
the leaderboards should be their own reward, as otherwise the entire PL community would be trying to cheat their way up there to get those special items.

DJMdivine
05-07-2011, 10:51 AM
People have been getting on the Death leader boards by going into the level "Bank Vault" and taking all their gear off and sitting there hitting the spawn button. In my opinion that's sad and same with the K/D ratio as well not one person on there cant say they didn't cheat. I think that getting on the leader boards is a reward itself showing the long time you've spent reaching your goal/achievement to show what you've done to others in game and I don't think and item is needed to show that. That is if you didn't cheat though either.

Nightarcher
05-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Imp, you can't really use the Founder's Helm in any way to make a point. The devs didn't give veterans an item because they've played longer and therefore are more skilled, (which isn't true,) but because they've played longer and helped support STS at the beginning.

If someone argues that the highly skilled people on the LB's should get an item, they're saying they should get it because they're better than the rest. Making the powerful more powerful. That won't fly with most people.

Ladylove
05-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Idk I don't like this idea. Pvp rewards, yes. But there are plenty of people that deserve a special reward that are NOT on the leaderboard and yes, MANY people cheated. Not just in kdr either. I know people who have paid friends to let them get killed. Yes, in the top 5 pvp kill group (no it's not me). Anyone can get kills, but numbers don't always reflect skill. Repeated spawn kills add up. You'd be surprised. I HAVE NEVER CHEATED TO STAY ON THE BOARDS. I DON'T SPAWN KILL TO BOOST MY KILL COUNT. Being on the leaderboard should be the reward. A lot of people on there have a huge chip on their shoulders so obviously, pride is enough. Personally, I'd like to see leaders taken out of the game anyway. And all of this comes from someone who has been on the boards since the beginning.

joeychandler
05-07-2011, 01:25 PM
2. I heard some ppl were saying leaderboard doesnt mean anything, well answer my question: if leaderboard doesn't suggest who's good then what does??

I like finding out for myself if a person Is good or not by 1v1ing. It's often pretty accurate that leaderboard pvpers are good (ladylove, skimmey). But in some cases it's horribly inaccurate (Kayumanggi, Fabiomkd).

Oh yea and what Arterra said.

Duped
05-07-2011, 06:22 PM
the leaderboards should be their own reward, as otherwise the entire PL community would be trying to cheat their way up there to get those special items.

Took the words right out of my mouth. The leaderboard is it's own reward, and a friend of mine was watching someone "make history" in bank vault by reaching leaderboard for deaths. I thought, what a silly waste of time.....

But different strokes for different folks.

Beanmachine
05-07-2011, 06:31 PM
I like finding out for myself if a person Is good or not by 1v1ing. It's often pretty accurate that leaderboard pvpers are good (ladylove, skimmey). But in some cases it's horribly inaccurate (Kayumanggi, Fabiomkd).

Oh yea and what Arterra said.

Fabiokmd is like the best str bear IMO...you should have seen him pre-GCD, he's beast.

Mageprodigy
05-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Great idea

Ayrilana
05-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Sounds okay. Just wipe everyone off the leader boards and everyone starts from square one. All kills and such from this point on will count. After six months, then hand out the vanity items or whatever.

Moogerfooger
05-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Sounds okay. Just wipe everyone off the leader boards and everyone starts from square one. All kills and such from this point on will count. After six months, then hand out the vanity items or whatever.

That still wouldn't do a thing to keep people from doing the same manipulating-numbers kind of actions that got them where they were in the first place.

Too many people in all games skirt the rules/do shady things to achieve certain numbers....not saying everyone, but it happens. I was on the Halo loeaderboards on Xbox Live back in the day and I earned it...only to see people abuse the system and cheat, and people knew it, to get the glory later and beat out the honest players.

No.

joeychandler
05-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Fabiokmd is like the best str bear IMO...you should have seen him pre-GCD, he's beast.

Maybe but I've only seem him run out my buffs and troll as a dex bear. If it's 2v1 and we are near each other, he kites to his teammate instead of towards me to get the double team.

I got my twink bird on the PvP kd leaderboard pretty easily, realised it was beyond pointless and no-one cared, so I stopped bothering :)

Ayrilana
05-07-2011, 07:05 PM
That still wouldn't do a thing to keep people from doing the same manipulating-numbers kind of actions that got them where they were in the first place.

Too many people in all games skirt the rules/do shady things to achieve certain numbers....not saying everyone, but it happens. I was on the Halo loeaderboards on Xbox Live back in the day and I earned it...only to see people abuse the system and cheat, and people knew it, to get the glory later and beat out the honest players.

No.

Yeah I know. I personally just ignore the leader boards for those reasons. I was suggesting what I said so those on the leader boards aren't rewarded for something that they've already done.

Moogerfooger
05-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Gotcha ^^^

Gluttony
05-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Yeah I know. I personally just ignore the leader boards for those reasons. I was suggesting what I said so those on the leader boards aren't rewarded for something that they've already done.

They would just do it again, the only way I could see the LB being even remotely legit is to remove anyone who has frozen xp (PvE only), there is no hope for the PvP LB since people will pay or just log on with a seperate device to boost kills. For PvE, people would play until they are close to death and then just dc; it would also bring back the age of skipping boss runs (like during 56 xp grind).

Personally, I'd like to see leaders taken out of the game anyway. And all of this comes from someone who has been on the boards since the beginning.

I wouldn't have suggested to remove the LB, but since Ladylove started it I'm on board with that. They are pretty pointless except to a slim few who actually achieved something, the others (you know who you are) just have a false sense of accomplishment.

Protank
05-08-2011, 02:44 AM
um yeah here I am #1k/d ratio pvp but u don't think it took time and skill ur crazy.. why not be rewarded :)
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa471/Farmingmule/8ab9f56f.jpg

Barbamitsos
05-08-2011, 02:52 AM
i totally agree with u imp but i have a question? What if someone goes on leaderboards after the gifts are out? shouldn he also get a gift??? And will the devs give him one? Leaderboards are a bit complicated and gifts for it will be a big matter. But if they can make it good I totally agree that u should get someething for makin it there

Fatpigwarrior
05-08-2011, 04:00 AM
Another downside is if you lose your spot on the leader board :S

joeychandler
05-08-2011, 05:40 AM
um yeah here I am #1k/d ratio pvp but u don't think it took time and skill ur crazy.. why not be rewarded :)
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa471/Farmingmule/8ab9f56f.jpg

Time? Yes. Skill? Meh.

j46g629h
05-08-2011, 06:54 AM

kid please, stop cheating lmao

Gluttony
05-08-2011, 08:23 AM

I'm quite sure that you're so awesome and your build is so epic that you are undefeated in 1,338 (leet +1) PvP legit matches. I fail to see how anyone could doubt your mad skills, son. Here is your prize:

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/3152/lol01q.png

Zeus
05-08-2011, 08:46 AM
I'm quite sure that you're so awesome and your build is so epic that you are undefeated in 1,338 (leet +1) PvP legit matches. I fail to see how anyone could doubt your mad skills, son. Here is your prize:

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/3152/lol01q.png

Cmon... Be mature about this, he's a father and you are making a largely stereotypical assumption. Not cool at all. Leaderboards create competition, even if it is just to boost. They instill just another goal in the game, if a few
people don't agree with it, doesn't mean they should remove them. People are saying they don't take skill, in a game. What does? Your all pressing buttons and swiping the screen, how is there anything skillful or remotely graceful about that. It's a matter of opinion, if you don't like leaderboards, don't look at them/ignore them. If you like them, work your way up there. One more thing, I'm not on the leaderboards, nor do I have even the slightest wish to be.

Gluttony
05-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Cmon... Be mature about this, he's a father and you are making a largely stereotypical assumption. Not cool at all. Leaderboards create competition, even if it is just to boost. They instill just another goal in the game, if a few
people don't agree with it, doesn't mean they should remove them. People are saying they don't take skill, in a game. What does? Your all pressing buttons and swiping the screen, how is there anything skillful or remotely graceful about that. It's a matter of opinion, if you don't like leaderboards, don't look at them/ignore them. If you like them, work your way up there. One more thing, I'm not on the leaderboards, nor do I have even the slightest wish to be.

All I'm looking for is one of them to admit how/why they did it. I can't for one second believe that he legitimately pulled off 1000+ wins without a loss. As I said before, I could care less, but bragging is only adding fuel to the fire so let there be flame! These people on the K/D LB walk Balefort with huge chips on their shoulders (screenshots available upon request), I would just like the LB to stand for something

Whirlzap
05-08-2011, 09:04 AM
well, firstly, i know most of u might disagree with me for two reasons:

1. Most of u r not on there :o

2. u may deem that it doesn't mean much coz it is not that difficult to get on there.

BUT, if u look at it from another aspects, it actually means a lot and i do reckon an exclusive gift need to be granted from dev for these reasons:

1. The 'founderhelmet' was rewarded simply for those who built their account at the very beginning... i mean are ALL of them really veterans? NO,coz it doesn't mean they rly dedicate much into this game and certainly doesn't mean they work hard to be good.

3. Have u ever tried to make a character and work it hard onto the leaderboard? well it is harder than u imagine to go up there, especially maintaining ur record after.

4. Working up on leaderboard actually requires TONs of time and hard work. Taking myself as a good example, for my main, I've actually spent like more than 6 hrs every single day doing pvp in arena during my 3 months holiday.. and now my bear, i also dedicated lots lots of time to finally got him onto the board.

For these reasons, i rly rly do think we deserve like a leaderhelm or sth.

So here is my idea: if u r on there u will be granted the gift, but if u get eliminated by other players ur gift will be automatically removed.

In this way, by having these added incentives. all of us can actually be motivated and work harder to create New Records~~

Imperial, I agree with you and don't.
What I mean is yes, you obviously Deserve that prize because I can tell you aren't lying about all the time you spent Gettig near the top.
However how would this work? What if everyday there were new people going in and out of the leaderboards?
And then with the Founders part, you are right in them doing nothing but yet again they did do something.
The requirement for a helm was to have created an account back then, but to also have been active and playing a week before the reward. This meant that the people who got the helms actually deserve them because they were loyal to Pocket Legends and kept playing from the very beginning. I know that Pocket Legends did this second requirement just so people who played the first week that it came out and then quit until now would not get the prize.
However I'd like to also say that we need an achievements system for unlocking special items, and platinum.
-This Message is Whirl-zapproved

Zeus
05-08-2011, 09:14 AM
All I'm looking for is one of them to admit how/why they did it. I can't for one second believe that he legitimately pulled off 1000+ wins without a loss. As I said before, I could care less, but bragging is only adding fuel to the fire so let there be flame! These people on the K/D LB walk Balefort with huge chips on their shoulders (screenshots available upon request), I would just like the LB to stand for something

While that may be, he was actually one of the few that did. Albeit, it was done by not fighting any twinks, but still. As for chips in the shoulder, once again, making assumptions. I know Protank to be a good person. There was a reason he didn't unveil earlier that Adultswim was him. Not to mention, did you just say you are encouraging a flame war? Please don't. That's really not meant for here. Runescape and WOW might be better off with that.

Gluttony
05-08-2011, 09:45 AM
While that may be, he was actually one of the few that did. Albeit, it was done by not fighting any twinks, but still. As for chips in the shoulder, once again, making assumptions. I know Protank to be a good person. There was a reason he didn't unveil earlier that Adultswim was him. Not to mention, did you just say you are encouraging a flame war? Please don't. That's really not meant for here. Runescape and WOW might be better off with that.

Well I'm not sure what you would call his “strategy” in getting wins without losses (quasi-cheat, exploit), but you have already admitted that it was done is a rather round-about way. It's nothing personal against Protank/Adultswim (it's never personal, just jokes), but I can see that you feel this is a character assassination. I just have to say that I'm getting a bit riled up with the direction of the game, people are being rewarded for constant complains, cheating, boosting and he just happened to paint a target on his back by being on-board with a reward system that caters to these individuals. I cannot see how anyone would condone this at all; it harbors bad strategy and creates a hierarchy of people who already feel superior to the average player. Let's give them a prize while they are at it.

Disclaimer: I lump all the K/D LB people in the same group, even if they happen to be the exception to the rule.

Mikeylito
05-08-2011, 11:03 AM
I lost my husband, lost my house and quit my job just so i can get on that leaderboard so gosh darn i deserve a award!!! Lol jk people i still have all three. But i must say it takes alot of dedication and hard work. Award or not its still a great achievement.

Protank
05-08-2011, 12:06 PM

ok I knew I would get flamed a lil for posting that pic on this thread. thx for not turning me to ashes. to answere ur Q about how I did it I'm sure u can figure that one out. only fight people u know u can beat if a high lvl joins u leave. hang out with friends so u don't get killed and so on.
to answere the Q why I did it. I was bored out my mind one weekend stuck in a hotel 1000miles away from home and I thought, how funny would it be if somebody bumped lovenus's 1337 out of #1spot by one kill :P if u were around bak then u would know he was on there at that spot forever. anyway so I did it and got a laugh and so did a few others. defenitly didn't mean to offend anybody nore do I ever walk through belfort bragging or boasting or a chip on my shoulder about it. some people notice adultswim most don't.

but on the real this is what ur kill/death ratio should look like if ur one of the best and u don't care about deaths. I always try to fight the best out there with my twinks killa's http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa471/Farmingmule/0add7a5d.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa471/Farmingmule/1e830508.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa471/Farmingmule/ff1d4e90.jpg

but back to the thread topic. im not sure about leaderboard rewards but I think pvp rewards need to be implement. I think just kill rewards really. 1k pvp kill u get a vanity. 5k kills u get a cooler looking vanity and so on... idk just my thoughts.

Gluttony
05-08-2011, 12:21 PM
ok I knew I would get flamed a lil for posting that pic on this thread. thx for not turning me to ashes. to answere ur Q about how I did it I'm sure u can figure that one out. only fight people u know u can beat if a high lvl joins u leave. hang out with friends so u don't get killed and so on.
to answere the Q why I did it. I was bored out my mind one weekend stuck in a hotel 1000miles away from home and I thought, how funny would it be if somebody bumped lovenus's 1337 out of #1spot by one kill :P if u were around bak then u would know he was on there at that spot forever. anyway so I did it and got a laugh and so did a few others. defenitly didn't mean to offend anybody nore do I ever walk through belfort bragging or boasting or a chip on my shoulder about it. some people notice adultswim most don't.

but back to the thread topic. im not sure about leaderboard rewards but I think pvp rewards need to be implement. I think just kill rewards really. 1k pvp kill u get a vanity. 5k kills u get a cooler looking vanity and so on... idk just my thoughts.

Now that is what I was looking for, someone who is honest about why and how they did it; I commend you sir.

I don't see a problem with PvP rewards, but there would have to be some way to regulate them otherwise they are just going to be boosted. The only thing I could think of that would reward PvPers would be a tournament system, with an official judge (maybe even a dev). Perhaps after the basics are worked on people could create tournaments as easily as maps are created. I can't see too many boosters getting their hands on enough devices to pull that off on their own. Make them level locked, and toons must be level 10 or above (to ensure that no one can just have a bunch a friends create new level 1 toons and have them take a dive).

flyingscv
05-14-2011, 10:19 AM
I agree completely. Getting ranked on Master rank in SC2 takes skill, getting on leaderboards in MMORPG is not about skills but endless grinding, which suits patient people like me.