PDA

View Full Version : Insignia Debacle... 2x would be so great!

Candylicks
09-01-2015, 08:25 AM
<Enigmatic> is comprised of a great group of people, many of us are either full time working professionals or students in both high school and college and serious about their studies. We actually have very little heavy plat spenders OR people with excessive time to play the game. We like to go hard when we do log in and run!! Many of the people in my guild have the mindset that they will NOT buy any of the materials or many of them for orc slayer and mythic set and will completely farm them within our circle of friends in the guild. With that said, the majority of the people are stuck still in insignia farming.

Once you DO complete the orc slayer set, you are faced with about a month PER PIECE for mythics as well for those people who simply do not have the time to grind out that 2 tag repeatable quest.

I would like to see how the community feels about insignia at this point. Personally they don't drop for me. I hardly see them drop for anyone when I run the regular maps. Now I would like to have a much greater number of people already on the mythic quest, yet the insignia are holding us back as a team.

Personally, a 2x insignia event would really boost up the issue here and get people closer to the mythic quest line. Which again will take a long time to complete, but the way it's going now people are really frustrated and have stopped logging in because it's TOO much of a grind.

Please StS consider a 2x insignia event, or simply increasing them as drops. No one wants to be grinding this quest for THAT long...

Also, thank you Dimitri for suggesting this below and I will add here. If insignia could also drop in elite zones that would help a lot as well.

What are your thoughts as a community? Any helpful tips are appreciated. Thx all.

Justno
09-01-2015, 08:29 AM
Agreed! +1 huhu

Wazakesy
09-01-2015, 08:31 AM
I'd appreciate elite ren'gol with a new token system as Planar Tombs, with stuff that actually drops and is worth running for. Running for the new sets is like running for APs though.

Pazmaniac
09-01-2015, 08:31 AM
Yes 100% agree with this....for those strictly farming insignias (not buying from cs) the drop rate is horrible...im 100% in favor a 2x weekend for these and hope to see sts make something along those lines happen if the drop rate is going to stay this way

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Usazaasara
09-01-2015, 08:32 AM
I agree, 2x event would be great. Since the drop of elites I have looted 2 fangs, 1 silver orc chests and 0 insignia. At this point, I see no point in farming. I know some will say, "I've looted X amount so Idky you're complaining". Well, it still comes down to luck of the drop. I'm a single mother with a full time job. I don't have time to run maps for hours and hours a day so the idea of a 2x event is extremely appealing. My friends list ig is dead... maybe this would get a few people back online.

Dimitrian
09-01-2015, 08:39 AM
<Enigmatic> is comprised of a great group of people, many of us are either full time working professionals or students in both high school and college and serious about their studies. We actually have very little heavy plat spenders OR people with excessive time to play the game. We like to go hard when we do log in and run!! Many of the people in my guild have the mindset that they will NOT buy any of the materials or many of them for orc slayer and mythic set and will completely farm them within our circle of friends in the guild. With that said, the majority of the people are stuck still in insignia farming.

Once you DO complete the orc slayer set, you are faced with about a month PER PIECE for mythics as well for those people who simply do not have the time to grind out that 2 tag repeatable quest.

I would like to see how the community feels about insignia at this point. Personally they don't drop for me. I hardly see them drop for anyone when I run the regular maps. Now I would like to have a much greater number of people already on the mythic quest, yet the insignia are holding us back as a team.

Personally, a 2x insignia event would really boost up the issue here and get people closer to the mythic quest line. Which again will take a long time to complete, but the way it's going now people are really frustrated and have stopped logging in because it's TOO much of a grind.

Please StS consider a 2x insignia event, or simply increasing them as drops. No one wants to be grinding this quest for THAT long...

What are your thoughts as a community? Any helpful tips are appreciated. Thx all.

What do i think about the insignias?
I'd rather go farm Arcane Deary!

I mean,i've seen many people struggling with this ''questline''(this isn't questline,this is torture!),but for me,it has been going quite well i'd say...i only had to buy the insignias for the ring,which at the time were 15-16k
And i DO NOT say this is good...This is crap...
Personally,I'd go for the idea with the insignias being a rare drop from mobs in elite and having their drop rate increased in normal,please.
So please sts,do something about it!

Candylicks
09-01-2015, 08:46 AM
Actually Dim that is a fantastic idea too. Insignia SHOULD DROP IN ELITES. +1000

Then you could farm for both quests simultaneously.

Pazmaniac
09-01-2015, 08:56 AM
Buuuut....i fear that would effect the already horrible rate of fangs

Candylicks
09-01-2015, 09:05 AM
Buuuut....i fear that would effect the already horrible rate of fangs

How so? Fangs drop off mobs, insignia off bosses.

Ssneakykills
09-01-2015, 09:06 AM
Yeah I want insignias in the new elite content

Mucsi
09-01-2015, 09:09 AM
Hope sts will do it, and I can buy them for 8-10k from cs! That's great

Pazmaniac
09-01-2015, 09:22 AM
How so? Fangs drop off mobs, insignia off bosses.
He said he wanted em to drop from elite mobs....and dropping from bosses would effect rune rate...but do agree id rather see em drop from bosses than mobs....i think the best workaround would be a 2x event....would lower prices making them more affordable to the ones wanting to buy and would please the farmers by making the whole set obtainable during the weekend (insignia wise anyway)

Dimitrian
09-01-2015, 09:27 AM
He said he wanted em to drop from elite mobs....and dropping from bosses would effect rune rate...but do agree id rather see em drop from bosses than mobs....i think the best workaround would be a 2x event....would lower prices making them more affordable to the ones wanting to buy and would please the farmers by making the whole set obtainable during the weekend (insignia wise anyway)

I think you missed the part with "rare drop".Since Insignias are legendary items,then they should drope like a legendary item.

BTW what about those who missed the event? Have you thought about that?

Sakurahb
09-01-2015, 09:33 AM
Awesome suggestion Candy , and yes Waza, insígnias in the elites maps are also needed.

Ssneakykills
09-01-2015, 09:49 AM
I think you missed the part with "rare drop".Since Insignias are legendary items,then they should drope like a legendary item.

BTW what about those who missed the event? Have you thought about that?

Yeah the ones who missed event will be able to buy insignias cheap.. People miss events all the time so how about for example I missed plat sale? I'd have to wait to the next one right?

Dimitrian
09-01-2015, 09:54 AM
Yeah the ones who missed event will be able to buy insignias cheap.. People miss events all the time so how about for example I missed plat sale? I'd have to wait to the next one right?

Yeah,insignias will be cheap for like 3-4 days.The new players who just hit level 46 after the event or the ones who couldn't play then will be spamming sts to "bring another event",like they did with the 2x teeth event.
In my opinion,insignias in elite maps will draw more attention from the players who think these maps are useless.

Usazaasara
09-01-2015, 10:08 AM
There will always be a new wave of capped players though...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Ssneakykills
09-01-2015, 10:46 AM
Yeah,insignias will be cheap for like 3-4 days.The new players who just hit level 46 after the event or the ones who couldn't play then will be spamming sts to "bring another event",like they did with the 2x teeth event.
In my opinion,insignias in elite maps will draw more attention from the players who think these maps are useless.

They would be cheap for at least a week depending on how good the drop rate is and they can't complain considering the new cap has been live for a good 3-4 months I believe and it's kinda tough luck if you miss out in double insignia odds.

Ssneakykills
09-01-2015, 10:49 AM
How about a daily quest which is kill 5 elite bosses from the new regnol maps = 1-2 insignias?

Dimitrian
09-01-2015, 10:51 AM
They would be cheap for at least a week depending on how good the drop rate is and they can't complain considering the new cap has been live for a good 3-4 months I believe and it's kinda tough luck if you miss out in double insignia odds.
Yeah,but with the insignias available from elites,there would finally be another reason to farm them,besides the fangs and the runes.

Ipoopsy
09-01-2015, 01:06 PM
Yeah,but with the insignias available from elites,there would finally be another reason to farm them,besides the fangs and the runes.

If thats the case, Then NOONE will farm those normal maps anymore. It's fine as it is. People who (continue) complained are the people who didn't farm before elite came out. And they just wanted everything handed to them. If you want the quest to be easy, might as well ask STS change it to 1 insiginia for every crafted items.

The quest was meant to be long.....

Candylicks
09-01-2015, 01:10 PM
If thats the case, Then NOONE will farm those normal maps anymore. It's fine as it is. People who (continue) complained are the people who didn't farm before elite came out. And they just wanted everything handed to them. If you want the quest to be easy, might as well ask STS change it to 1 insiginia for every crafted items.

There is a difference between a long grind and pushing players away. My guild is a pretty good indicator for the current PvE content, and I will tell you that majority are already bored and frustrated by this.

Dex Scene
09-01-2015, 01:20 PM
It used to drop just fine.
I don't know since when but some last updates messed the drop rates up.
I hardly see insignias dropping.
They should first fix the drop rate to how it used to be.

and 2x insignia week would be awesome.
It should be a 2x insignia week and not just weekend.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Dimitrian
09-01-2015, 01:21 PM

Hi,Golem.

Firstly,i want to say that there is nothing to farm in neither normal nor elite ren'gol maps, besides the ingredients.Even if the insigs will be available from elites,the normal dungeons will still be useful because of the daily quests.
Secondly,the quest is a torture.It is an obstacle between you and the good gear.It provides no benefit,and it's stats are worse than the imbued gear.I was expecting it to have at least equal stats with the imbued gear,because it is level 46,and it is as hard to make.
I saw an idea about making the Orcslaying gear an ingredient for the Glintstone gear.I hope sts will take that in consideration.

MasterCogg
09-01-2015, 01:47 PM
Farmed the 2 orc tag elite repeatable 5 times yesterday....1 fang the whole time. Boring!

Energizeric
09-01-2015, 02:43 PM
My thoughts are this: What's the rush? There seems to be nothing else to do this season but work on the 2 new sets (legendary and mythic), so I just farm daily for these items, usually get about 1 insignia per day, and then I continue the next day. Likely this season is going to last a while, so might as well keep us busy for a while. If you finish these quests in one week, then you will complain you are bored.

Candylicks
09-01-2015, 02:59 PM
My thoughts are this: What's the rush? There seems to be nothing else to do this season but work on the 2 new sets (legendary and mythic), so I just farm daily for these items, usually get about 1 insignia per day, and then I continue the next day. Likely this season is going to last a while, so might as well keep us busy for a while. If you finish these quests in one week, then you will complain you are bored.

I see my entire guild put off by orc slayer. Most have already felt this is too much work for sub par reward. Mythic grind alone is 4-6 month for average player.

mesalin
09-01-2015, 03:24 PM
X2 week will be good :) i hope it coming ! Awesome idea candy

Ipoopsy
09-01-2015, 04:40 PM

I totally agree.

extrapayah
09-01-2015, 06:08 PM
I purely farmed all the needed insignias, but yes, i agree the drop rate need to be increased or add them to elite bosses' loot table

+ i did expect elite maps' mobs to drop jewels at a higher rate or even drop higher level jewels... too bad it's not...

as a side note, orc fangs' drop rate is also horrible + will be very happy if they reduce the requirement of runes and orcbane vials

OR, make it possible to finish the quest instantly (without having to create another nomerite/unknown power gear) with alts whenever we finished once :D

Energizeric
09-01-2015, 06:21 PM
I see my entire guild put off by orc slayer. Most have already felt this is too much work for sub par reward. Mythic grind alone is 4-6 month for average player.

I just do the daily quests each day and sometimes loot something useful. I will continue to do this over time, and I'm sure eventually I will have it crafted. As the gear is not even as good as my imbued set, there is no reason for me to rush.

I do think the grind would be so much more fun if there was something decent that dropped from these bosses. I think that is the real problem with this expansion, there is nothing good you can loot. How about a level 46 arcane item of some sort?

intruders
09-02-2015, 03:56 AM
How about a daily quest which is kill 5 elite bosses from the new regnol maps = 1-2 insignias?This.

I like that idea similar to planar tombs fragments. Although it is slow but it is guaranteed. But what is more important is that it puts everyone in the same conditions. No luck based. It will make people less frustrated.

Also I agree with Energizeric - no need to rush even when the game appears to be boring. There must be trade off. If you get everything quick you will get bored after that anyway.

Also I am pretty sure we will see new mythics/arcanes later this expansion to keep us busy. Bring us arcane rogue weapon!

Faliziaga
09-02-2015, 04:04 AM
As I said in another post, I remarked a decrease of insignia drops since the day before the release of the elite maps. And I did daily runs for several hours in those maps. Before, I looted about 3-5 per day and since that drop rate change 1-2.
I agreee, for players who have not yet finished the orcslaying quest it is quite frustrating having to do those runs in normal maps almost without a reward while others are doing the elite runs.

I like the idea of 2x events, I would like to have them more frequently, but not that long. I'd rather prefer shorter, but more often different events. In another game that I play there are so called alerts, you have to complete a map 1-5 times and then you get a special reward that was announced with the alert. Some alerts last an hour, some last the whole day. That keeps players attached to the game since they do not want to miss those good rewards.

chinita_doll
09-02-2015, 04:51 AM
i 100% agree and support this! right now i can only get as much as 1-2 insignias per day since i also have to farm for other things too. i refuse to spend millions of golds just for insignias or for gear that i can't even use. i hope sts listens to this

chinita_doll
09-02-2015, 04:56 AM

not all of us has an imbued set and this mythic set is our only chance at a better armor and helm. plus there are also other upcoming events and it would be harder to focus on insignia farming while these events are happening.

greekAL
09-02-2015, 05:25 AM
If something help ppl done with these useless legendaries more ppl will focus on mythics and will help the prices of mythic materials too! Many ppl just dont even mess with the mythic quest cause u need 3 m for a legendary set not even worth it! With 3 m u buy a cheap imbued set and u ar ok! Thats why i dont lk insignias cause keep the 80% of the game away from mythics and that make runes/fangs useless! Thats my opinion :) i would lk to see a easy way to get rid of tht legendaries quests!