PDA

View Full Version : Guide: Elite Ren'gol

Justno
09-01-2015, 02:36 PM
Hey!! This is just a short guide, to the new elite ren'gol maps!

Elite maps have a lot less stun than normal ren'gol maps!! The mobs have also been tweaked slightly; removed an Orc that gives a shield to the rest of the group. Slightly easier...

Ankh Saving Runs
The best way to avoid wasting ankhs in these maps is to skip the big ogre things...they have high damage & stun and along with the other mobs, you will surely die a few times!

Killing Shamans immediately in each mob. They have a chance to stun you for 2-3 seconds & heal the other mobs at the same time, making it much harder for you and your party to kill them! Also, when an Orc Shaman is alive and you kill a nearby Orc, it opens a summoning portal and summons a random Orc!

The Orc Gladiator is another enemy you will want to kill asap as it adds extra armour to the mobs surrounding it. You can identify it by the distinct Mohawk or pointed hat on its head, it doesn't have an icon above its head like in regular so the headdress is the only thing you can go on. Killing immediately after killing the Shaman is recommended...

StS Description: Orc Gladiators gain Thirst for Blood. When a nearby player dies, Orc Gladiator gains 5% damage, up to a maximum of 25%. Lasts until the Orc Gladiator dies.

Another way to minimise deaths is to skip big, hard mobs and kill small easy mobs, such as the green pigs and the wolves, I would also recommend razor shield for rogues as a must in these maps! Stun immunity is a major factor between staying alive and...not..

Speed Runs
If you're looking for speed and repetitive farming of these maps in the least time possible then I will tell you how!

Fastest way is to kill the mobs, up to about 1/4-1/2 of the way through the map (depending on how many mobs you skipped) and then run the rest of the way to the boss! This can be risky however as you could get stunned or pulled back and killed very easily. Again; try and avoid red zones as much as possible. Warrior heal shield/nekro shield is very useful in this situation. Usually it will have spawned by the time you get there. Sometimes it won't have, but just kill the last 2-3 mobs and the boss is their! Hey presto!!

Bosses
A short section on the elite bosses and the best way to wreck havoc among them!

Misty Grotto - Shaman Pakuna
This boss is pretty simple, main cause of death is the magma pools, you can easily avoid these though by moving out of the red circles as fast as possible when they appear. Totems are weird lol...they poison you and your team unless you break them! :o

This boss also summons wolves, low hp, low damage...easy to kill...just annoying if you don't kill them immediately!

Cryogem Mines - Thumper
This boss is pretty easy...and pretty much the same as the normal boss. Doesn't do much damage at all! Just try to avoid the red zones, should be easy to kill!!

Gnomish Runs - Korgar Goretusk
The charge on this boss is deadly!! Using the crystal things would help save ankhs on this boss. Be very careful about the reflect as well, this could kill you very easily.
It also summons minions, which hardly do any damage at all...fairly easy boss as long as you avoid red zones.

Of course..running away is an option!!

Drops
Intact Orc Fangs drop from mobs. These are used to craft vials of Orc bane! Orc bane is used in crafting new mythic glintstone.

Bronze/Silver/Gold Orcish Chests drop from the bosses of elite Ren'gol. They mainly drop crap but chance to drop Ancestral Rune.

Ren'gol Ancestral Rune drop from the bosses. These are also used in crafting the mythic glintstone gear!

I would like to give a huge thanks to <Enigmatic> my wonderful guild for helping me run these elites and special thanks to Sakurab, Fyrce, Candy & Digg (Helping me realise running is a viable option huhu) for supplying information, making this guide possible!

If you liked my guide feel free to thank me and post constructive criticism below!

Aleksamrki
09-01-2015, 02:43 PM
Nice guide dude, thanks! :)

Justno
09-01-2015, 02:46 PM
Nice guide dude, thanks! :)

Thanks for the feedback! :)

mesalin
09-01-2015, 03:28 PM
Very helpful and awesome guide :)
Thanks!

Justno
09-01-2015, 04:34 PM
Very helpful and awesome guide :)
Thanks!

:D No problem!
Thanks for the positive response :3

Mesti
09-01-2015, 05:51 PM
Nice

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

coenzyme
09-01-2015, 05:59 PM
Cool thanks do you know the drop rate for ancestral rune in bronze / silver / gold orc chests ?

Schnitzel
09-01-2015, 07:26 PM
No...just...no....

jk, great guide :D
thanks for taking the time to write this

Jebaciste
09-01-2015, 08:39 PM
Cool guide bro, and as i read the tootems on first boss apply posion on us .

Justno
09-02-2015, 03:15 AM
Nice

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Cool thanks do you know the drop rate for ancestral rune in bronze / silver / gold orc chests ?

No sorry :(

No...just...no....

jk, great guide :D
thanks for taking the time to write this

Lmao and np lol...

Cool guide bro, and as i read the tootems on first boss apply posion on us .

Thanks! I'll add that in :)

Justno
09-02-2015, 04:18 AM
Arghh I try to edit the post & it comes up with 11 char message >.<

Candylicks
09-08-2015, 08:53 AM
You need to add in the information about the orc gladiator. This enemy in elite maps have either a mohawk or a pointed hat and you can differentiate them from the grunts by their weapon and extra armor. After you kill the healer, it's important to take down the gladiator as he buffs himself and all orc mobs. In elite maps he does not have an icon above the head (like they do in regular maps). After the shields drop when he dies the elite orcs are a lot quicker to die.

The StS description of the gladiator is:

Orc Gladiators gain Thirst for Blood. When a nearby player dies, Orc Gladiator gains 5% damage, up to a maximum of 25%. Lasts until the Orc Gladiator dies.

Justno
09-08-2015, 03:38 PM
You need to add in the information about the orc gladiator. This enemy in elite maps have either a mohawk or a pointed hat and you can differentiate them from the grunts by their weapon and extra armor. After you kill the healer, it's important to take down the gladiator as he buffs himself and all orc mobs. In elite maps he does not have an icon above the head (like they do in regular maps). After the shields drop when he dies the elite orcs are a lot quicker to die.

The StS description of the gladiator is:

Orc Gladiators gain Thirst for Blood. When a nearby player dies, Orc Gladiator gains 5% damage, up to a maximum of 25%. Lasts until the Orc Gladiator dies.

Thanks for info candy!! :D
Soz I missed it out :'(
Added it into post.

Fyrce
09-08-2015, 07:18 PM
Love the info. It's always good to pool information on how to do effective runs.

Next thing is to have screenshots of what the mobs (shaman, gladiator) look like, cause even when you know, it's seriously difficult to figure them out. Candy pointed out the big shoulders on the Gladiators. Lol.

Artilis
09-11-2015, 09:01 AM
you just the basic that all serious and good players know and whar we all learned from the normal maps no nw informations for me only things I knew or guessed

Duchens
09-12-2015, 10:38 PM
thx for the guide!

Cursebaby
09-13-2015, 07:24 AM
I love the way you just shot fired the orcish chest drops xD Pew peww

Galisnik
10-17-2015, 11:00 AM
thanx for guide

Eskaygee
11-29-2015, 10:11 PM
Thanks for all the information! Very helpful!

Shayan Dhillon
02-19-2016, 01:03 AM
Nice guide:)

wangkj
02-19-2016, 02:06 AM
Good guide even though I can't even solo regular Rengol lol heck I can't even get to the end of regular rengol. I am in Misty grotto lol

idropfatkids
04-21-2016, 11:25 PM
howw much is sns right now