PDA

View Full Version : Alright so

Cavoc
09-01-2015, 08:49 PM
I got on al for the first time since l16 cap. Boosted it to 41. Gonna try it out. Apparently I have to level up to 45 in some tomb things. I need some peeps to level with though. Oh and I have no idea what I'm doing. If someone can throw in a few tips on what I should do when I hit 45 that'd be cool.
Ign: Vcr (might change it to: Before) hmu if you wanna level. Or if you see me on say halo

http://i58.tinypic.com/sp7yxj.jpg

Tootex
09-02-2015, 03:28 AM
The tombs you are referring to are called the watchers tombs (wt) preferably wt4 for more xp. U will find wt in the travellers outpost behind benedikt or ahnold(cant remember which one of the two). U can lvl up on any map which doesnt display the xp disabled icon on your screen however, its much faster to lvl up in wt4 especially if u use an 50% xp elixir.

My advice to u is to respec and put all ur points into intelligence as you're a mage. Dexterity is a rogues main stat and yours is way too high

Welcome bk to AL

ilhanna
09-02-2015, 04:02 AM
Welcome back to AL.

My sig will lead you to my guild's official thread. The second post there is a build/gear pet I wrote for lvl41. As you level up you can choose to put points on extra skill like Gale Force or max out Durable (armor) passive.

You don't need to camp yourself in Watcher's/Kraag Tombs to level up. You can go to Wilds (Tindirin map 1), farm the jewels that drop from mobs on your way to boss, and kill boss for a chance to loot Dragkin teeth. With 150 teeth you can buy a dragonite bar from the npc Kaden in Expedition Camp. You can either sell it to buy lvl 46 gear and good pets, or keep it, then buy an Arcane Shard, then craft a Rendtail arcane ring. I highly recommend the second option. Jewels you can craft and sell to buy pots and elixirs (I recommend xp elixir) from cs.

At lvl 41 you can also access the Glintstone maps. Talk to Marek the Miner in any city and follow the quest chain he gives until you arrive in Garetta. Pick up quests from Elvene, Arbzy and Fribbel then hit the maps. You can farm better jewels here than in Tindirin, as well as Legionnaire Insigni that you can either sell or keep in case you're going to craft Orcslaying gear, the stepping stone to the lvl46 Glintstone mythics.

You can also go to Kraken Maps 3 to farm lockeds but I think you will need to complete Kraken quests, especially the Blood Dawn quest in Skull Cove. These you can breeze through at lvl41 and when you're done, go talk to Capt Hanna Raven on the Dragon Jewel, click Explore and go to Kraken Mines. Do the quests till you can open KM3; it's easy for a mage. KM3 always have random playera you can run with. Make sure you have a lepre and open a reroll elixir (you can buy this in cs too) for better loot.

Get an Ethyl pet. It's relatively cheap and helps slow down enemies so you can solo a lot of maps. If you can, get a Blinky. This is a highly useful pet you can use even for running elite maps.

Hope this helps.

Cavoc
09-02-2015, 07:57 AM
I appreciate the feedback!
@ttex I put all my points into int, but I did max the dex passive (I thought the crit was a good choice). Bad idea?
@ilhanna alright I'll be sure to do that. Definitely a ton of help. How often do these teeth drop? With it being a chance to get them, and I need 150, I would hope it's sorta high. Sounds pretty tedious. But when isn't farming tedious. Are these tindirin runs pretty active (group wise)?

Ebezaanec
09-02-2015, 08:42 AM
@ttex I put all my points into int, but I did max the dex passive (I thought the crit was a good choice). Bad idea?
@ilhanna alright I'll be sure to do that. Definitely a ton of help. How often do these teeth drop? With it being a chance to get them, and I need 150, I would hope it's sorta high. Sounds pretty tedious. But when isn't farming tedious. Are these tindirin runs pretty active (group wise)?

The dex passive is not a bad choice at all. Dex does add a little bit of dmg and crit anyways.

For normal wilds, my rate is 1/10 runs on a good day. Opt for Elite Wilds whenever you can. Much less disappointment and much less time spent grinding. AL isn't really a "PUG" game for elite. You are better off finding a party or joining a PvE guild.

ilhanna
09-02-2015, 02:51 PM

Like Ebez said tooth drop rate on normal Tindirin maps is pretty low but it's also random. So you might be looting four in four consecutive runs then getting nothing for the next 6-8, and so on. I don't know how long you play every day, but you can try set a goal for example 5 teeth a day, or farm Tindirin one day and Ren'gol the next day then back to Tindirin. The first maps of these areas usually get full fast. You might run across leechers who just stand at starting line or rush to boss then wait there without fighting mobs. That's a risk of PUGing. But in general Wilds and Misty Grotto are full 24/7. And yes it gets super tedious but I still think it's better than endless KT/WT runs.

twoxc
09-02-2015, 02:58 PM
hmm quit now while you can and don't come back LOL.