PDA

View Full Version : The Duplicate Scam

Candylicks
09-02-2015, 07:30 AM
Hello Arlor.

I know this has been brought up before but please pass the word to your guild, some of them are newly capped and not aware of the duplicate scammer that lives in our world. This is how it goes. You will get a PM from a person that has a similar name from a 'famous' player like this:

'Famous' Player: Are you interested with arcane ring full para? Haha sell cheap

'Famous' Player: I has 2rings same gems hehe

'Famous' Player: I just got it from the bug duplicate, bro haha

If you continue to talk to this person he will eventually say that he's going to his actioner alt (yes I spelled it that way on purpose) and PM you from a low level unguilded toon. Next he will tell you to purchase some crates from auction. Then, he will ask you if you are on android or iOS and meet him in the outpost and have you eventually stand on the KlasNpc. He goes on to tell you to change some settings such as invite all pt HUD and filter chat. Finally he tells you to type a code and 'shud be all white no red, red some error'. He gives you this code .. /system activate-duplicate-but now and later on in the conversation he says for you to type /system klaas-trade/duplicate(Lc04,LC04, LCo4, NC55).

All of this is total bunk. Feel free to type this crap in, it's complete garbage.

Basically he is blinding you with a lengthy scam and HERE is the part where it gets very tricky. He ALSO has another alt with almost the same name as Klaas who he makes stand on top of the NPC. I am not allowed to repeat any player IGN but it's something along the lines of Systemklaas. And if you indeed place your items in the trade with this you are scammed.

Sounds like something we should all be smart to right? Let me tell you this. We have kids, people who speak other languages, and people who maybe are distracted.

In my own guild, a player lost fossil, mari, arcane ring, and mythic belt.

This morning I woke up to find out another person has lost gold tyran, kersh, arcane ring to the exact same person.

What can you do?

1. If you are approached immediately take SS of the conversation and send to support@spacetimestudios.com

2. Speak to your guild, especially the younger ones and the non-english speaking ones

3. Do not ever place anything in a trade window with ANYONE who has a name like systemklaas or NPC.

I truly am disappointed that this exact same person with exact same IGN is STILL in the game. Please be diligent and report this person properly if you are approached. Thank you everyone!!!!!

Wazakesy
09-02-2015, 07:34 AM
These scams have also tarnished innocent people's reputation and what not.... (ofc, famous people).

Candylicks
09-02-2015, 07:37 AM
These scams have also tarnished innocent people's reputation and what not.... (ofc, famous people).

Yes Waz. It is NOT the person they are impersonating I want to reiterate. They use the name to get people to trust them. And I have seen the SS, the guy is seriously good and makes you think that you can trust him and he's a friend. Please though, talk to your mates, guild, twinks, everyone. It's really rampant right now and the fact that I woke up and found out the EXACT SAME PERSON scammed someone else makes me ill. People are falling for it, we need to spread the word as a community.

Ceuidear
09-02-2015, 08:06 AM
Thank you for speaking out about this scam candy:)
As you say it all begans with an message saying about arcane ring with para once the player gets into it the famous player [ Who does not show up in the scene ] asks about other arcane & mythics stuffs like lvl 41 mythic weapons, arcane fossil & eggs as soon the victim says YES he switches to his Lvl 1 char & shows up in windmoore & calls near boltag NPC & gives some of the codes specific for each item but before that they ask to get 2 copper chests from CS just to show the demonstration.
Now when the player gets it & moves further he gives codes for doubling those copper chests first buy first they ask to check Filter Chat & Invite all players on HUD to party[Don't know why they have to be checked]
Now this the key where the player has got the time to still turn back & stay away from all such junks but if he proceeds the player gives an code to double those copper chests & they are doubled, now they ask tobput those chests in stash & get the mythic & arcane stuffs & once the player gets them they seprate codes for mythic & arcane items & the auto-trade procedure begins & when the player places those items in auto-trade window its all over !!!
THE NPC DOESN'T TRADE YOU BACK WITH DOUBLED ITEMS OR GIVE BACK YOUR ORIGINAL ITEMS !!!
And in meantime while you ask about this to so called " FAMOUS PLAYER " they just tell you:-
" Don't worry it happened to my friend too i got other codes to get your items back, just log out once & log in after few mins & check your stash. "
They ask the player to log out so that the player does not SS's the conversation as they are erased once the player log outs.
Once the player re-log in there is nothing he can do about it.
Wake up people !!!
There is no such thing as " DUPLICATING " in game don't just get into such junk & become an victim of this scam just play the game as it is & be happy with what you have.
If you get Greedy about such things by thinking you can make money the only you will get in the end is
"" NOTHING "" !!
Play safe everyone...!!!

Candylicks
09-02-2015, 08:09 AM
Thank you for speaking out about this scam candy:)
As you say it all begans with an message saying about arcane ring with para once the player gets into it the famous player [ Who does not show up in the scene ] asks about other arcane & mythics stuffs like lvl 41 mythic weapons, arcane fossil & eggs as soon the victim says YES he switches to his Lvl 1 char & shows up in windmoore & calls near boltag NPC & gives some of the codes specific for each item but before that they ask to get 2 copper chests from CS just to show the demonstration.
Now when the player gets it & moves further he gives codes for doubling those copper chests first buy first they ask to check Filter Chat & Invite all players on HUD to party[Don't know why they have to be checked]
Now this the key where the player has got the time to still turn back & stay away from all such junks but if he proceeds the player gives an code to double those copper chests & they are doubled, now they ask tobput those chests in stash & get the mythic & arcane stuffs & once the player gets them they seprate codes for mythic & arcane items & the auto-trade procedure begins & when the player places those items in auto-trade window its all over !!!
THE NPC DOESN'T TRADE YOU BACK WITH DOUBLED ITEMS OR GIVE BACK YOUR ORIGINAL ITEMS !!!
And in meantime while you ask about this to so called " FAMOUS PLAYER " they just tell you:-
" Don't worry it happened to my friend too i got other codes to get your items back, just log out once & log in after few mins & check your stash. "
They ask the player to log out so that the player does not SS's the conversation as they are erased once the player log outs.
Once the player re-log in there is nothing he can do about it.
Wake up people !!!
There is no such thing as " DUPLICATING " in game don't just get into such junk & become an victim of this scam just play the game as it is & be happy with what you have.
If you get Greedy about such things by thinking you can make money the only you will get in the end is
"" NOTHING "" !!
Play safe everyone...!!!

Yes thank you for adding the rest of this. Adding in that the people scammed aren't greedy but victims to a pro-scammer that builds trust and causes confusion before going in for the final trade scam.

Pyrogenie
09-02-2015, 08:18 AM
After all it's not uncommon for a little kid to be playing a game.

If people would put as much effort into farming and positive things as they do scamming and breaking rules, they might actually get somewhere.

Ebezaanec
09-02-2015, 08:38 AM
I always ask myself this question when I see a duplicator: "If he/she can duplicate items, why does he/she need my items? Why not duplicate their own items if they have a 'system' code?"

Be careful out there. If it's too good to be true, it probably is. We don't live in a world of roses and rainbows.

Candylicks
09-02-2015, 08:40 AM
I always ask myself this question when I see a duplicator: "If he/she can duplicate items, why does he/she need my items? Why not duplicate their own items if they have a 'system' code?"

Be careful out there. If it's too good to be true, it probably is. We don't live in a world of roses and rainbows.

SPREAD THE WORD to your guild. Your friends, heck yell it in camp!!!

Candylicks
09-02-2015, 08:49 AM
First, thank you for posting this thread and warn the community about the problem with scammers. I really appreciated it. But i'm just playing devil advocate here. Yes the problem is the scammer but you can't really blame on the scammers all by themselves. It always takes two to tangle. The victims in this case are also clearly at fault too. If they weren't greedy and wants to cash in then the scam wouldn't have work and there would be no thread about this.

Again, this is simply to bring awareness of the scammer. Everyone is indeed entitled to their opinions on here, but please spread the word on the scam to your friends and guild!!!!!!!!

Ebezaanec
09-02-2015, 08:57 AM
What the scammer tells you is "it can only be done once and I've done it already but I can show you, all I ask for is a discount on your items after you duplicate them"

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

What's stopping him/her from making multiple accounts?

Kyle Paule
09-02-2015, 09:09 AM
Woaaah a few weeks ago that guy talk to me if im interested to his full para arcane ring and if im interested to know how to bug para gem and duplicate
I answered him: im not born yesterday lols
Nad he never pm me again

Jebaciste
09-02-2015, 09:14 AM
Why would i trade kershal,fossil,gold tyra etc...lmao try tradeing some stupid item first maybe?? Ill report the guy aswell if i see him thou.

Usazaasara
09-02-2015, 09:19 AM
What's stopping him/her from making multiple accounts?
All I'm doing is passing on as much information as I can so people will be more aware and hopefully won't all for it. Personally, I only trust a small handful of people ig. Safest way to play imo.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Candylicks
09-02-2015, 09:19 AM
Since con artists look for ways to manipulate strengths and weaknesses. They will either paint a picture of wealth and ease, or increase your darkest fears, or a combination of both

A Con Artist will:

play on your sympathies,
instill in you a sense of security in dealing with him or her,
separate you from your friends and family by placing extreme secrecy on all facets of the deal
convince you to depend only on the scammer and to believe only in the scammer; convince you that your friends and family, banks and law enforcement, are all lying and that only the scammer is telling the truth.
and distract you from what is really going on using lies laced with enough truth to make the patter believable. What we call "sleight of mind."

http://www.fraudaid.com/backstage/how_con_artists_manipulate.htm

Ssneakykills
09-02-2015, 09:23 AM
He's approached me before but o was already wise to the scam

nelson131
09-02-2015, 09:41 AM
Well...if ur stupid enough to be scammed....it is indeed your problem.

However, It is indeed an unfortunate event of such criminals taking advantage of players who are either ignorant/delusioned to the fact that people, do not necessarily need to help you, and that offers that seem too good or people who seem to be nice to you for no good reason, often have malicious intents hidden behind their actions, therefore I very rarely trust others, and their is only a handful of people in game I would trust.

It honestly baffles me that people are willing to place their trust on people they barely know, other people they have known for a long time-which being scammed by the aforementioned makes way more sense.

Anyway, many thanks to candy for pointing out this scam and by this, helpimg others to avoid being in an similar position to your guildmates who were scammed.

BTW, isnt there a "how to avoid being scammed" guide in here? People rly need to read that.

Candylicks
09-02-2015, 09:45 AM

However, It is indeed an unfortunate event of such criminals taking advantage of players who are either ignorant/delusioned to the fact that people, do not necessarily need to help you, and that offers that seem too good or people who seem to be nice to you for no good reason, often have malicious intents hidden behind their actions, therefore I very rarely trust others, and their is only a handful of people in game I would trust.

It honestly baffles me that people are willing to place their trust on people they barely know, other people they have known for a long time-which being scammed by the aforementioned makes way more sense.

Anyway, many thanks to candy for pointing out this scam and by this, helpimg others to avoid being in an similar position to your guildmates who were scammed.

BTW, isnt there a "how to avoid being scammed" guide in here? People rly need to read that.

I think the people who fall for it aren't really forum peeps, so if we can continue to vocalize this to our own guilds and friends it might save the next player from this. Crazy though all the same. :/

Ceuidear
09-02-2015, 09:47 AM
If the players aren't banned after scamming 2 or more people even after reporting they have to be punished in other means[If STS has no intention of banning] for missusing the innocence & trust of player. I am saying this because the guy/girl that scammed me is still on LB top players list.
They should granted an automatic title " SCAMMER " after submitting the scam report to the support with valid information & evidence of the scam which cannot be changed by the player in game FOREVER so the player would loose the intention of scamming many people if has any such plans.
So when people look @ his/her title players will step back having a trade or deal with him/her & of course the player who scammed others will be guilty for the rest his journey in arlor.

Tootex
09-02-2015, 09:47 AM
Something to be conscious of is the duplicate scam involving two scammers. I had the pleasure of playing the dum *** to these two characters (I knew what they were trying to do to me). One was pm'ing me asking if I believed what the other was saying whilst the main scammer tried his hardest to get me to trade my items. The one who was pm'ing then said 'omg it actually works' and showed me 2 fantasma eggs. So I played there game and traded him a horton egg just to annoy him and he gave it back saying the duplicate doesn't work with horton lol. I wanted them to feel aannoyed

Uninstalling
09-02-2015, 09:48 AM

The second victim who got scammed said that he is very aware of scammers around and he is very hard to be scammed but eventually he got scammed..Even smart people can be a scammed.Its more about scammer somehow gaining trust on the players by speaking friendly as if he is trustable and someone who can count on.Therefore once he gained trust and making the victim into confusion,scamming occured

Ticklish
09-02-2015, 10:18 AM
This scam was especially rampant last year, when rings were most expensive. I have been approached several times by would-be scammers. They asked about my ring's gems, and when I bought it. Then they acted shocked that I got the ring before the "duplication bug", and said that my ring prolly isn't a product of duplication or has never been duplicated before. This is essential, cause they said that an item has to be never duplicated before for the bug to work. And then they asked if I really don't know about the bug or have never tried it before, adding that I must know about it (hinting to my full set and all). When I said I have no idea what they're talking about, they asked if I was interested, but they'll share it ONLY if I let them buy the duplicated ring for a super low price. Take note, I wasn't even acting interested. Just answering "yes" or "no", or when I got the ring. No more than that. After wards I said, "no thank you". And they just said to pm them if I ever change my mind.

One of these guys talked to me in my native language. And he was (I think still is) part of a well-known guild that had multiple rings when they were still a bit scarce. He also approached one of my ringed guildies, with the same story. I also know of a person who got hoodwinked into this scam, and he lost his ring and bonesaw because of this.

It's easy to blame the victim, but I wish something can be done about the abusers themselves. At the moment though, I agree that we can just take part in helping the community become more vigilant about these scams. I often ask my guildies to ask me or officers before getting into a deal with another person. And remind them that if anything looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Motherless_Child
09-02-2015, 10:30 AM

As much as it does suck to get scammed, especially when you are losing Ker'shals and stuff, if that happens to anyone in my guild they will be immediately booted for being so gullible... DON'T TRUST ANYONE!!! (not yelling, just emphasizing)

Dvsk
09-02-2015, 10:50 AM
Not being harsh but is scamming still going on, after so long people need to understanf a scam when they think something is fishy. Now whenever I trade or buy something I'm half asleep and still can see a scam. It's even noticeable in towns, especially people who want you to give them something first.
My only advice is that do not confirm a trade until you are happy with it, if they say give me this first then cancle the trade and ignore the person. There is 2 confirm buttons for a reason.
If you get scammed, I won't feel sorry for you most of the time especially if your trying to duplicate items for your own gain.
Last word, if you do get scammed, learn from it. Don't let it happen again. Stop complaining, it's a game - be lucky it didn't happen in real life.

Edward Coug
09-02-2015, 11:11 AM
I reported the player you are talking about a week ago. It sounds like nothing has been done yet.

Any time you see someone trying to scam, please report them. There is nothing I hate more than scamming.

Ticklish
09-02-2015, 11:11 AM
Not being harsh but is scamming still going on, after so long people need to understanf a scam when they think something is fishy. Now whenever I trade or buy something I'm half asleep and still can see a scam. It's even noticeable in towns, especially people who want you to give them something first.
My only advice is that do not confirm a trade until you are happy with it, if they say give me this first then cancle the trade and ignore the person. There is 2 confirm buttons for a reason.
If you get scammed, I won't feel sorry for you most of the time especially if your trying to duplicate items for your own gain.
Last word, if you do get scammed, learn from it. Don't let it happen again. Stop complaining, it's a game - be lucky it didn't happen in real life.

No one's actually complaining. As much as we'd LOVE to see people pay for this, the best thing we can do is to spread awareness. I may not have been a victim but I can easily see how someone can fall for it. And not all who do, do so for their own gain. Some people think it would be nice to be able to give a duplicate to a friend or special someone. Whatever their reasons, the price has already been paid and the lesson should already be learned. Hence the next step would be to spread the word, especially to kids who play this game.

Edward Coug
09-02-2015, 11:19 AM

The smartest players I know have fallen for scams. Here's a scam that a friend of mine understandably fell for.

The player was selling an item to another player. The agreed upon price was 1m. The buyer had 1m in the trade window, but said he was going to add some locks because this was such a good deal. When he added the locks, he changed the amount from 1m to 100k. My friend, who has poor eyesight, didn't notice and accepted the trade.

Did my friend deserve to be scammed? I really can't stand victim blaming.

Dex Scene
09-02-2015, 11:27 AM
I am 100% agree with you on getting scammed is bad. Noone should get scammed. But in this particular case. I do not feel bad because both party are breaking the TOS that were set by STS. I understand about the building up trust part and then scammed the other person. But when it comes to Duplicated items, both party in this case are just greedy and unfortunately one of the greedy person got scammed. Let just say that if they were actually did go through and got the items duplicated. How would that be fair to another honest person that work hard in this game?

The victims lose their hardearned stuffs and that's an enough lesson for them. what about the scammer?? Where's the punishment? Where's his lesson???

Again this is an awareness thread rather than a "whom to blame" thread.
So anyway, Good thread candy. This thing need to be stopped.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Greatankush
09-02-2015, 11:28 AM
I wanna see this scammer once lol I'll have fun with him :)

zauilet
09-02-2015, 11:28 AM
Hello Arlor.

I know this has been brought up before but please pass the word to your guild, some of them are newly capped and not aware of the duplicate scammer that lives in our world. This is how it goes. You will get a PM from a person that has a similar name from a 'famous' player like this:

'Famous' Player: Are you interested with arcane ring full para? Haha sell cheap

'Famous' Player: I has 2rings same gems hehe

'Famous' Player: I just got it from the bug duplicate, bro haha

If you continue to talk to this person he will eventually say that he's going to his actioner alt (yes I spelled it that way on purpose) and PM you from a low level unguilded toon. Next he will tell you to purchase some crates from auction. Then, he will ask you if you are on android or iOS and meet him in the outpost and have you eventually stand on the KlasNpc. He goes on to tell you to change some settings such as invite all pt HUD and filter chat. Finally he tells you to type a code and 'shud be all white no red, red some error'. He gives you this code .. /system activate-duplicate-but now and later on in the conversation he says for you to type /system klaas-trade/duplicate(Lc04,LC04, LCo4, NC55).

All of this is total bunk. Feel free to type this crap in, it's complete garbage.

Basically he is blinding you with a lengthy scam and HERE is the part where it gets very tricky. He ALSO has another alt with almost the same name as Klaas who he makes stand on top of the NPC. I am not allowed to repeat any player IGN but it's something along the lines of Systemklaas. And if you indeed place your items in the trade with this you are scammed.

Sounds like something we should all be smart to right? Let me tell you this. We have kids, people who speak other languages, and people who maybe are distracted.

In my own guild, a player lost fossil, mari, arcane ring, and mythic belt.

This morning I woke up to find out another person has lost gold tyran, kersh, arcane ring to the exact same person.

What can you do?

1. If you are approached immediately take SS of the conversation and send to support@spacetimestudios.com

2. Speak to your guild, especially the younger ones and the non-english speaking ones

3. Do not ever place anything in a trade window with ANYONE who has a name like systemklaas or NPC.

I truly am disappointed that this exact same person with exact same IGN is STILL in the game. Please be diligent and report this person properly if you are approached. Thank you everyone!!!!!

I didn't understand the scam to be true....

Zeus
09-02-2015, 11:30 AM
One of them tried to approach me when I was on an alt character and tried to say he was me, LOL!

There's a simple solution to this, just have the commands render anything else besides the strict format as an error. This means all white spaces or anything following the command would render as an error in chat log.

twoxc
09-02-2015, 11:30 AM
where there is good, there is evil lol that's just how it is. we're the good people, sts is evil by not HOT FIX or QUICK FIX the NOT-TRADABLE level 43 mythic armors bug for a WHOLE WEEK NOW. SIGHHH.

Oezheasate
09-02-2015, 01:25 PM
One of them tried to approach me when I was on an alt character and tried to say he was me, LOL!

There's a simple solution to this, just have the commands render anything else besides the strict format as an error. This means all white spaces or anything following the command would render as an error in chat log.

Im sorry but what is the goal of doing what you just said? Didnt quite get who you were responding too.

Energizeric
09-02-2015, 01:35 PM
This is like the old Nigerian Prince scams. People are greedy, so even though it seems shady, they are willing to risk breaking the rules to get something for free. STS is not going to help you out when you clearly were trying to scam the system and instead were scammed yourself.

Candylicks
09-02-2015, 01:49 PM
This is like the old Nigerian Prince scams. People are greedy, so even though it seems shady, they are willing to risk breaking the rules to get something for free. STS is not going to help you out when you clearly were trying to scam the system and instead were scammed yourself.

Most people in this game are nice, the greedy and scammers are minority and the community is full of good people. Just because you fall into a trap of a scam, whether it be duplicate scam, lending to friend scam, changing a zero scam... it all comes from someone that in this game is a con artist. A predator.

The duplicate scammer is PRO.

Nobody on this thread is asking StS to return items or gold. Simply a message to inform your friends and guildmates about this occurrence because knowledge is power in this case.

diimitrii
09-02-2015, 02:22 PM
As much as it does suck to get scammed, especially when you are losing Ker'shals and stuff, if that happens to anyone in my guild they will be immediately booted for being so gullible... DON'T TRUST ANYONE!!! (not yelling, just emphasizing)
Lol ,aren't you supposed to support them? Well nice guild you have..i think i will really 'feel home' gg,glad my guild isn't this way. If you guys rly boot for getting scammed what kinda guild are you guys then? And what does a guildie mean to you? Apereantly nothing.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE TOUCH 4033D met Tapatalk

diimitrii
09-02-2015, 02:28 PM
I don't know what people are thinking with those negatif reactions, candy said cleary this is to warn us! She should earn a reward for doing stuff like this no one else does. I really life with the people who got scammed ,close friend/guildies/even strangers..no one deserves it except for the scammers themself.

A good punishment would be; let them log in and remove everything from his account! So he would freak out himself for losing stuff. Will be a suprise for them thinking they can still log but all their stuff is gone :).

Anyway ty candy for this thread and i'll pass the word!

Zeus
09-02-2015, 02:30 PM
Im sorry but what is the goal of doing what you just said? Didnt quite get who you were responding too.

Essentially, the scammer transforms what is a basic trade command into something that looks like more than a trade command. Most players know what the trade function does. However, at the same time, people do not understand enough computer code to realize that anything after the command is interpreted as garbage and ignored. So, by rendering anything excess of just the command as an error, people will know that something is up.

ilhanna
09-02-2015, 02:38 PM
This scammer hit a friend of mine too and the loss nearly made him quit AL. Everything Candy said about cultivating trust over some period of time (my friend knew the scammer during 2x teeth event) is true. While I agree that this is a lesson in itself to the victim, the fact that the scammer is still around after we reported them is infuriating. If STS will do nothing to stop these scammers, the least we can do is spread this knowledge. Good call, Candy. The knights will hear of this.

Bloodcurler
09-02-2015, 02:45 PM
Lol ,aren't you supposed to support them? Well nice guild you have..i think i will really 'feel home' gg,glad my guild isn't this way. If you guys rly boot for getting scammed what kinda guild are you guys then? And what does a guildie mean to you? Apereantly nothing.

I really don't think you are getting the point here. Scammers are bad for the game. We all can agree to that, but in THIS PARTICULAR scamming (DUPLICATING ITEMS SCAM) I really hope you and your guild don't condolence your guildies to try and duplicating items at all because that IS against STS TOS rules. If i were the GM or officers in that guild. I would boot the so call victims too. Cheating is bad for the game ok? get it? got it? Good thnx bye

Candylicks
09-02-2015, 02:48 PM
But like Candy has stated. This isn't really about the victims, and i had apologized to her in PM about it. I do agree with her that this thread is to make aware of what is going on and you can alert your friends and guildies about it and that is it.

Yes and I really appreciate the words we had in PM. Dimi it's cool, Blood is fine. This is just a super passionate subject and it's hard to post and be able to explain how deep this scam runs and it's not as simple as what I am posting here. It truly is run by a master manipulator that preys on people... and unless you are close to it like what happened in our guild, then it's easy to say the victim is greedy or stupid.

This scammer hit a friend of mine too and the loss nearly made him quit AL. Everything Candy said about cultivating trust over some period of time (my friend knew the scammer during 2x teeth event) is true. While I agree that this is a lesson in itself to the victim, the fact that the scammer is still around after we reported them is infuriating. If STS will do nothing to stop these scammers, the least we can do is spread this knowledge. Good call, Candy. The knights will hear of this.

Thanks Hanna this means a lot. As you know this guy is GOOD. He builds you up, earns your trust, and breaks you down until finally you try the trade. It's not a simple one at all, and why the heck is the exact same guy in the game?!!!!!!!!!! I really REALLY don't understand that. :/

Bloodcurler
09-02-2015, 02:49 PM

Yes agree with you. I don't get how the scammer is still around after multiple people had reported them. STS is either slacking or don't care.

diimitrii
09-02-2015, 02:51 PM
I really don't think you are getting the point here. Scammers are bad for the game. We all can agree to that, but in THIS PARTICULAR scamming (DUPLICATING ITEMS SCAM) I really hope you and your guild don't condolence your guildies to try and duplicating items at all because that IS against STS TOS rules. If i were the GM or officers in that guild. I would boot the so call victims too. Cheating is bad for the game ok? get it? got it? Good thnx bye
Lol oke bye..but still you don't seem to get the point of it being kids and excited..but i also get what you mean that it is against to rules. Hope we can keep it with this lol.

I'll see ya all in game on time or another sleep time here know so g'night ;).

Candylicks
09-02-2015, 02:56 PM
Just you know try and keep the thread cool, it doesn't matter to me who would or would not kick people who are victims of scamming in their guild. Not my business! All we want is to say hey this guy is out there, here is what it looks like, and pass the word around. Like I said, Blood is legit guy here and even though we don't agree on some points we DO agree that the scam is really wrong and we need to bring awareness.

We got this guys. We really do! Great traction and I think more people will think twice if approached in this fashion.

Fyrce
09-02-2015, 04:07 PM
Something like this has been going on for probably 2 years or more.

This is actually just another variation on old RL scams: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_confidence_tricks

There have always been people who want to blame the victim also. I suppose that would certainly be cheaper for our government -- no more regulations necessary, no more SEC, etc. The Bernie Madoffs can rejoice since it will be buyer beware.

In general though, this is not how we choose to run our world. The marketplace is not a free-for-all and whatever-you-scam-you-keep. This scam is just another confidence trick with a few flowers, hats, and rabbits thrown in.

In terms of this game world:

Do not be fooled just because someone looks like a trusted person. If someone is trying to get your items, they are not your trusted person. Trusted people just do not do that. Good people do not behave that way. Of course, it also means it's more difficult to find the culprits if you do not have screenshots, since a bit of inattention and you will end up blaming the wrong perosn.

Be sure to screenshot everythiing involving a high value item and Trade or Give. It does not matter what other fireworks surround the action, if it involves Give or Trade on a high value item, Screenshot it.

Neighborhood watches work in RL as well. GL all!

Oezheasate
09-02-2015, 05:34 PM
Ty for posting it here though candy, will make sure to share it with my guild.

Seoratrek
09-02-2015, 07:45 PM
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the report. If anyone claims to have a hack, cheat etc. just report and ignore them! These people are simply trying to gain unauthorized access to your account. Also keep in mind that in game issues such as scams need to be handed via support.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.