PDA

View Full Version : Attribute/skill increase scroll drops

spookytooth
05-07-2011, 12:55 PM
I did a quick search and didnt find anyone else suggesting so i thought id throw it out there. i see these in a lot of rpgs and there basically a scroll, book, tome etc.. found in the game (usually extremely rare, and among the most hard to get items) that when read increases an attribute or skill by a set amount. EX: scroll of arcane= +2 int +3 m/s +20 mana permanent increase. etc.. only make it like stupidly hard to get one obviously. not so much the Skill aspect although that will be cool to when they increase the cap from 6. srry if this has been posted but i couldnt find it :banana:

Gluttony
05-07-2011, 01:01 PM
You want an item that can permanently increase your stats? I cannot see the devs adding this to their list of things to do. I'm pretty sure they already changed things around (bird nerf) to rebalance the classes already, and now you want to add an item that anyone random can get to make them better than the next?

spookytooth
05-07-2011, 01:20 PM
You want an item that can permanently increase your stats? I cannot see the devs adding this to their list of things to do. I'm pretty sure they already changed things around (bird nerf) to rebalance the classes already, and now you want to add an item that anyone random can get to make them better than the next?

....Yes. its nowhere near as big a deal as u just made it, the increase can be minor or watever, and the exact thing is in alot of games and works fine.. and this "bird nerf".. dont effect me. i also mentioned making it very rare, has nothing to do with "rebalancing" and Also was only a suggestion

Gluttony
05-07-2011, 01:38 PM
....Yes. its nowhere near as big a deal as u just made it, the increase can be minor or watever, and the exact thing is in alot of games and works fine.. and this "bird nerf".. dont effect me. i also mentioned making it very rare, has nothing to do with "rebalancing" and Also was only a suggestion

I'm sorry that it came out that way. All I tried to do was make sure I understood what you wanted, tell you why I think the devs wouldn't go for it, then ended with a reason of my own as to why I would be against it.

Side note: The example you gave was not so minor (+2 INT, +3 M/s, +20 Mana). I knew it was just a suggestion and am also aware that it has it's place in other games, I was just giving you my feedback.

Edit: The rebalancing statement was more a point of where (I believe) the devs are trying to take the game; I just think that your suggestion is the opposite of that.

spookytooth
05-07-2011, 02:27 PM
I'm sorry that it came out that way. All I tried to do was make sure I understood what you wanted, tell you why I think the devs wouldn't go for it, then ended with a reason of my own as to why I would be against it.

Side note: The example you gave was not so minor (+2 INT, +3 M/s, +20 Mana). I knew it was just a suggestion and am also aware that it has it's place in other games, I was just giving you my feedback.

Edit: The rebalancing statement was more a point of where (I believe) the devs are trying to take the game; I just think that your suggestion is the opposite of that.
All good man :) ty for the feedback good point, and yea that example was a little much lol. I also didnt take pvp into consideration, which it would be a bigger deal for sure. But maybe some sort of iteration on the idea idk.