PDA

View Full Version : The Costs!

Kossi
05-07-2011, 04:38 PM
so we all know blackstar is coming out
and it will most likely cost as much as PL did in the early days
the problem is, i dont want to spend another 50$ on a game so similar to pocket legends :eek:

so, what if players who already PURCHASED the MAIN SPINE get the MAIN SPINE FOR BLACKSTAR for free?

it seems appropriate, considering all we got well, was a vanity sheild that the main use for it will soon be patched -__- (bug with 2h sword)

leave you interesting or creative responses in the comment section belowwwwwwwww

JaytB
05-07-2011, 04:45 PM
I really really like your idea... Not really much more to add to it :)

Conradin
05-07-2011, 04:58 PM
STS does need cash, but i say if you were here before decemebr its free until next expansion.

azulflame
05-07-2011, 05:12 PM
that's not fair. PL did not come out for android before december. should STS favor apple over android? that's what you are trying to get. same thing as racism and sexism, favoring one catagory over the other(s)

ratava
05-07-2011, 05:14 PM
What makes you so sure B* is going to be PL2?!

From the mmorpg-italia interview we know it will be instanced more of a corpg (eg GW) than a mmorpg and that 3 zones will release. Maybe that is what you are basing your pricing off? It's been said story will
be much more integrated and play will incorporate all the way across the galaxy (read: diverse)

I'm guessing STS can see the error in making PL2 for 2011... B* shares some basic design similarities but will be different/improved/more hardcore than PL over a wide range of features as well. I think we'll see more of what the capabilities of the spacetime engine allows too.

If I have played PL for >12 months that's got to make me confident B* could be successful as well ie >100Hrs content is already planned out :)

re: vanity items: Yup early adopters would have been best & maybe they can be beta testers or something for B* lol; but no worries overall, new content is my bag.

Sry got the beer goggles on atm could be talking out of my...

Kossi
05-07-2011, 05:18 PM
have you seen the screenshots? looks a TON like pl's combat
also, the max is 25
hmmm, wasnt that the same for pl O.o?

JaytB
05-07-2011, 05:20 PM
that's not fair. PL did not come out for android before december. should STS favor apple over android? that's what you are trying to get. same thing as racism and sexism, favoring one catagory over the other(s)

Hey buddy, I'm sure he didn't mean it offensive in any way :)

Conradin
05-07-2011, 05:41 PM

Lol sorry to offend- i just picked a date.

thugimmortal
05-07-2011, 05:45 PM

Lol pocket legends was out in november O.o

:banana:

ratava
05-08-2011, 02:57 AM
have you seen the screenshots? looks a TON like pl's combat
also, the max is 25
hmmm, wasnt that the same for pl O.o?

Combat is a worry I agree with you. It's core to making or breaking the game. We know:

1. It's tap-targetting again.
2. Cinco mentioned amp-light/holographic seperate gcd skills.
3. Each class will use a lot of guns?

I'm guessing combat will be more
in depth, more shooty and mob combats could be a bit more coordinated too. Not going to judge off a few early pre-alpha screenshots.

But yeah if it's exactly the same who would want to buy a reskin?

Wait until we see actual vids/more info as it might be worth every dime. :)

Fatpigwarrior
05-08-2011, 03:54 AM
If main spine was bought, the main spine should be free

Varking
05-08-2011, 09:31 AM
I guess I will be different and disagree. They need to make money and already did us a favor and allow us to use the same platinum in both games. If they made even more free for us they would lose a lot of money. Plus we paid money for PL and didn't know anything about B*. Its a different game. We shouldn't get advantages in B* just because we paid for maps in PL, and this is.coming from.somebody who paid for all the PL maps.

I can see reasons for both sides and would be cool with whatever they do, I just wouldn't be shocked if they made us pay.

Pandamoni
05-08-2011, 09:53 AM
I've never heard of any company giving new releases of games free to people who happened to buy their other games. I kind of liken it to me asking the GAP to give me a free pair of jeans because I bought a pair a few months ago that happened to go on clearance and other people got cheaper.

ratava
05-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Basically if the game is HEAPS OF FUN = WORTH PAYING FOR. Or if not fun = not worth paying or worth paying less.

We have to see if B* is fun then the players decide by their purchases. As with practically anything which sells... Also B* <> PL applies in that case too.

Arterra
05-08-2011, 10:13 AM
well, everybody pretty much thinks that the shield of gratitude not much a reward for 50+ plat for main spine b4. even the argument that "you played b4 anyone else!" is a little weak.
this would actually be a good idea, even if toned down to maybe 1-2 maps instead.

ratava
05-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Adding some positive spin to this thread: A PAY-WALL does help keep the game clean(er) is one way of looking at it. Ppl tend to value things they have paid for more than what they got free... can sometimes be said. :) RE Thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?26074-Saying-goodbye-%28&p=293965#post293965)

Also the fact is B* is Sci-Fi (or at least fantasy sci-fi) whereas PL is fantasy realm. Also consider B* is only sci-fi mmobile with guns etc: It's gonna be WELL WORTH IT for anyone who want's an mmo in this genre, right?!

jaminn
05-10-2011, 09:47 PM
I kinda like the idea of the main spine buyers since they made the sheild available to anyone who bought 30 plat (they did that right?). Also those who just bought 30 plat could spend it on anything...but those who bought the main spine can't get that total amount back. Also...maybe founders day gift of free first expansion...not all the extra ones...

bronislav84
05-10-2011, 11:20 PM
The only problem I see with giving those who owned full 1-56 in PL the main spine in BS free is that there aren't going to be 55/56 levels in the game at launch and it won't have a defined main spine a la PL for a while. So cannot grant it at launch, unless you're suggesting people who had main main spine in PL don't pay until after BS reaches the same level cap PL has now. That's kinda favoritism, and I say anybody who owned *any* main spine content in PL shood get up to that level free of charge. What does everybody think?

Still, they do need money after making most free. Maybe wait for BS to have a main spine, them see how that goes. Oh and I'm 99% sure that any levels after Sewer will need to be paid for as they come out from now on. They never said stuff after the current main spine levels would be free.

Rusalio
05-10-2011, 11:36 PM
Oh brother, another thread thinking STS owes you something...... Sorry bro, sounds like trolling again on an already beaten down subject? It does NOT seam appropriate or necessary for STS to do anything of the sort. Albeit it would be nice, but definitely not owed.... perhaps a choice of words?

Move on mate! I think it would be sort of cool to see something as a gesture of STS in some way or form for the new game, but definitely not owed a lick. Between you and I, aka the veterans around here, you've been here long enough to indicate that its not that painfully expensive. If so and you have a lot of PL resources(pots, gold, sets armor...blah blah blah), hit me up and I may buy the dang game for you. I could always use those items to help new adults I run into and help. I sort of run out of resources after awhile.

NOW what would be really neat is if they could convert PL resources (pots,gold, special ingredients or whatever) into something usable in blackstar. aka, you go up to a seer or mage resource in PL and store something for the future. Blackstar being that future. The item could be picked up in the teleporter...etc(just an idea)

so we all know blackstar is coming out
and it will most likely cost as much as PL did in the early days
the problem is, i dont want to spend another 50$ on a game so similar to pocket legends :eek:

so, what if players who already PURCHASED the MAIN SPINE get the MAIN SPINE FOR BLACKSTAR for free?

it seems appropriate, considering all we got well, was a vanity sheild that the main use for it will soon be patched -__- (bug with 2h sword)

leave you interesting or creative responses in the comment section belowwwwwwwww

ratava
05-11-2011, 04:16 AM
1. B* Features =/= PL (some of them will but the different ones will probably be worth a different price for a different product). So, the only decision is if you think or decide B* is too similar then don't buy it and play PL. You get to try it as it's Free-To-Download so you can make that decision. That I think is the only decision to be made. B* may be for PL audience and/or for a new audience. Above all it's got to be fun to be worth paying for. I'm sure it will. :)

Thing is ppl will level to 25 fairly quickly in B* (guess) then come back to PL and maybe some extra content at that time in that game will release before more B* levels are released later?

2. @Rusalio: Cool idea above! I think the devs may have mentioned only transferable things will be Name (optional reserving system coming to PL) and Platinum which will be a Spacetime_Accounts system across all their games. Think they said any other stuff would be a nightmare to manage for them! ;)

mugen
05-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Oh brother, another thread thinking STS owes you something...... Sorry bro, sounds like trolling again on an already beaten down subject? It does NOT seam appropriate or necessary for STS to do anything of the sort. Albeit it would be nice, but definitely not owed.... perhaps a choice of words?

Move on mate! I think it would be sort of cool to see something as a gesture of STS in some way or form for the new game, but definitely not owed a lick. Between you and I, aka the veterans around here, you've been here long enough to indicate that its not that painfully expensive. If so and you have a lot of PL resources(pots, gold, sets armor...blah blah blah), hit me up and I may buy the dang game for you. I could always use those items to help new adults I run into and help. I sort of run out of resources after awhile.

NOW what would be really neat is if they could convert PL resources (pots,gold, special ingredients or whatever) into something usable in blackstar. aka, you go up to a seer or mage resource in PL and store something for the future. Blackstar being that future. The item could be picked up in the teleporter...etc(just an idea)
Well said Rusalio. STS by no means owes us anything towards a totally new game.I agree some kind of in game item or something would be cool but as you said NOT OWED.I love that they're making plat cross both games and letting us reserve our names! Thats good enough for me and i will gladly drop plat for B* . Thank You much STS your the best!
Now all we have to do is wait for release.:banana:

Chosen of Diara
05-17-2011, 11:16 PM
In all your weak calculations you neglected the true cost of BLACKSTAR which will be the repeated deaths of your feeble unskilled and weak characters as you fall like countless flies before the splendor and glorious majesty of the Scorn Empire L0L0L0L