PDA

View Full Version : Connection Lost during patching

asommers
05-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Our game requires a constant internet connection. If you have intermittent Wifi, or if the device decides that it wants to do something else (receive push notifications, check email, etc.), the connection will be interrupted and the patching process will be aborted.

Try a couple of things:
1) Disable Push Notifications and Push Email.
2) Try another Wifi connection, or 3G if you have it

If there's anything else that has been successful for you, let us know that too, so we can update this post.

-ALS

Aerospacegod
05-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Will turning off push help our in game ping/lag issues as well?

VampireGirl
05-28-2010, 01:14 PM
I dunno I have no clue all I know is I can't get in to play the game cause it it won't download the patch and I have updated the game twice now and same thing happens, I used to be able to play it but now I can't it used to work now it don;t so I dunno it says clientoo 1. pak and it downloads that I guess that the patch, I even have it hooked up to my pc when I try playing it , I dunno what to do I need help, in lamens terms simple english please easy for me to understand I am new to this game.

VampireGirl
05-28-2010, 06:41 PM
how do I turn off the push what is the push I have 3G its an iphone 3G 8 gb I played the game here b4 just can't nowdunno why since I updated the game the server connection been lost and b4 I updated the game it wouldn't finish the patch download. I keep getting disconnected from the server.

Sara

Justg
05-30-2010, 09:46 AM
Turn off Push by going to settings > mail > fetch new data > push off. Also set fetch to manual on the same screen.

Aerospace I don't think this affects ping, the lag issues you may be referring to could also be framerate (which we are optimizing).

Aerospacegod
05-30-2010, 09:49 AM
The pixel double seemed to help(might be my imagination), though it's ugly :(
(feel like I'm playing mario from the 90's)

Not sure about everyone else but half the time when I stop playing is because the lag is so bad I just keep dieing...

Skrimir
06-02-2010, 09:35 PM
I've tried disabling just about everything possible. even enabling cellular data. i tried deleting app and redownloading. nothing is working

Skrimir
06-03-2010, 12:30 AM
nevermind. i got it to work

GottaLoveFreeApps
06-06-2010, 11:54 PM
guys, this is the first time I installed the app. when I log it automatically does an update and disconnects any help ?

hydist
06-08-2010, 10:57 AM
I have reinstalled 3 times already but still failed to connect during patching. I found out that, every time when I was receiving the client004.pak, I would be disconnected from the server. Please help!!!

Palindrom
06-18-2010, 06:49 AM
Nothing seems to work. The connection to the server dies during patching. I've turned off push and tried at least three independent wifi networks, still nothing. Is there no solution? I'm sure a fix to the client would work. I used to love this game on my iPhone, but now I have to say I am not pleased.

asommers
06-18-2010, 08:01 AM
Nothing seems to work. The connection to the server dies during patching. I've turned off push and tried at least three independent wifi networks, still nothing. Is there no solution? I'm sure a fix to the client would work. I used to love this game on my iPhone, but now I have to say I am not pleased.

Delete/reinstall? 3G instead of wifi? Try patching after a phone restart? Is your device jail-broken? The next app submission (1.3) will include resumable patching, but if you are losing connection to our server, that's indicative of another problem.

-ALS

Palindrom
06-18-2010, 08:04 AM
Deleted and reinstalled twice. It's an iPad, wifi model, so no 3G. Device not jailbroken. Tried patching after restarting the iPad, twice.

I will try anything, I have no tech fear. I'm just out of tricks...

Edit: If it helps, it seems to lose the connection during "Receiving iPad0001.pak
" (may have missed or added zeroes), and always at the same point. For this reason I was under the impression that the client just resumed patching and couldn't make progress, but now that you write that resume patching is only in a future update, it seems a little odd that the connection is always lost at the same point.

asommers
06-18-2010, 08:10 AM
It has to be your wireless connection/settings. I just deleted/reinstalled/patched on my iPad w/ wifi and had no problems.

-ALS

Palindrom
06-18-2010, 08:11 AM
Tried three independent wifi networks. What could it be in the settings?

asommers
06-18-2010, 08:49 AM
As soon as you see the patching screen, you've opened a new connection to the patch server. Why your network connection always drops at a specific point in the download is unknown. ipad001.pak just happens to be the first file in the list. It's also smaller than the other files you will receive ~700K (there are 4 other files named client00x.pak at around 1MB each).

How far into the download of ipad001.pak does it get?
I assume you have enough free space?
Does the error say 'connection lost' or 'patching aborted'?
Have you successfully patched another device on your network? iTouch/iPhone?

-ALS

Palindrom
06-18-2010, 08:56 AM
It goes about a fourth of the way before saying "connection lost" (after being stuck there for about a minute). I have enough free space, and my iPhone flies through patching, no problems.

lak
08-18-2010, 06:07 AM
It goes about a fourth of the way before saying "connection lost" (after being stuck there for about a minute). I have enough free space, and my iPhone flies through patching, no problems.

i am having the same problem my patch freezes at the same point
oh and i am using an itouch btw

ah i have been at this for an hour atleast why does this not work

Kurlz
08-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Delete/reinstall? 3G instead of wifi? Try patching after a phone restart? Is your device jail-broken? The next app submission (1.3) will include resumable patching, but if you are losing connection to our server, that's indicative of another problem.

-ALS

im using a jailbroken ipod touch, and it works perfectly, even though. im starting to run low on available memory cuz i get a lot of apps from freeappaday.com

leo2
10-02-2010, 08:28 AM
Doesn't work for e either. Connection lost during patch process.
Is there any way to download these files directly?
My iPod is jailbroken and I can copy the files directly to the application folder.

newtjitsu
10-05-2010, 05:31 AM
by chance can it be the auto sleep mode? i tried a few times and got stuck like others. but this last time hwat i did was occassionally touch the volume button to prevent it from going to sleep and it work.. now i am in.

merlz
10-13-2010, 06:30 AM
If it helps, I solved this issue by signing up for a free trial VPN account, and doing the client patches that didn't work through the VPN connection (my ISP has download caching issues causing it to get stuck, obviously).

Allauradawnn
11-19-2010, 07:43 PM
I have tried all the things you have suggested in this thread. I am using an iTouch 3rd gen. I disabled all push notifications. I have good wifi signal(no problems with any other apps either.) this is the first time I have had any problems with this. It stops in different places , 1/4 - 3/4, of the way through on 004.
Any thing else I can try? I live this game and buy plat to play.
Please tell me how I can get back to playing soon.

Awesomeness
11-19-2010, 08:11 PM
Have you been able to try this on a different wifi network?

Allauradawnn
11-19-2010, 09:18 PM
Have you been able to try this on a different wifi network?
I have never had to use a different wifi before. I have gotten many other patches without issues before. I dont have access to one. I have read from others that new wifi accesses did not solve the issue.
There must be another problem.

durnk
11-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Hey all, i had the same problem as you. but i just disabled wifi and used the EDGE net. I dont think you can update with wifi cus it is quite unstable.. just use 3G or EDGE :)

Jazz
11-23-2010, 11:09 PM
I'm having the problem of patching on Android002.pak and it stucks there forever and then disconnected from server. I have tried to reinstall everything but the same thing goes on and on and on...
Anyone here can help?

santo_hn
11-25-2010, 08:07 AM
I'm having the problem of patching on Android002.pak and it stucks there forever and then disconnected from server. I have tried to reinstall everything but the same thing goes on and on and on...
Anyone here can help?

I'm having the same problem with Android002.pak :( waiting...

lukesterh
11-25-2010, 02:49 PM
I have this problem too it is very stressful, this game looks good and this should be fixed. I've tried reinstalling it, restarting my device (ipod touch btw), turning my wifi off and on & doing the push thing, and nothing works. I can't try anothe rocnnection because there isnt any other ones around. Please help me get past this becaue I really want to play.

Btw my device is jailbroken. :@

shahrk
11-26-2010, 04:28 AM
need help here.. when receive iphone004.pak its stuck there then been disconnected from server... already tries it for 2 weeks now! even test it with other wifi router doesn't make any difference!

fireflycoffee
12-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Same issue as Shahrk but when it gets to the same spot in the iphone006.pak file it disconnects from server. What's the deal? A game w/ such great reviews shouldn't have this many issues. I haven't seen anything in this forum that has actually taken care of the problem. A solution/response would be great!

moriwenne
12-18-2010, 09:06 PM
Greetings All.

I've started playing Pocket Legends 2 versions ago with my android 2.2 so I had to go through 2 updates already.
The updates have 2 stages, one the download from the market and two the patching itself.

Every single time I get this situation:
one - transfer from the market fails over and over again
solution - i find the pak online from some charitable soul, download to my sd card and install it.

two - patching constantly fails trying to download android002.pak at around 80% every single time; tried different wifi, etc, all the solutions I could find online and nothing works
solution - Ive found the solution and since I know what it is I use it every time the game is patched. The solution is RETRY! Yes i just keep doing the same procedure over and over again. Click login, watch the patch reach 80% and fail. Click login again....it worked after 30+ times. I know it will eventually work so I just keep doing it.

Now...this is a first in my 100+ apps android 2.1 and 2.2 experience so far so I'm betting...you have a problem Spacey dudes. I hope my little recount can help you.

Cheers
Mori

tiger9969
01-22-2011, 09:28 AM
Anyone here can help?

same question......who can help me??????

B!gbeaR
01-24-2011, 10:32 PM
I am using Iphone4 for this game, and had the same issues when I was updating.
By following your instruction, I turned push off, but it didn't help updating process, and I'd tried for many many times, and was always disconnect from the sever.
Is there anybody know how to figure this out?
Thanks a lot!

Freiox
01-25-2011, 04:57 AM
This really must be a problem not related to the connection we use... so many people with the same problem... Im using Ipad and it also crashes patching on IPA002.PAK file always on same place... around 80%... strange...

Freiox
01-25-2011, 05:12 AM
I now tried reinstalling the app and worked for me...

ErwinCole
02-03-2011, 10:22 PM
I am now having the same problem, I have already uninstalled the apps, shut down the phone, and installed it again, and it is still stuck when downloading android002.pak

Has anybody found a solution to this, this thread has been here long time ago.

chrisasnara
02-09-2011, 07:13 AM
why i cant play PL untill now. im using ipod touch 8 gb. and use wifi connection, and my last update not like this. can someone give me solution? already try reinstall about 3 times, already turn off push option. and my wifi connection is good. thanks for your understanding because im level 50 now and need level to 55

Professor
02-11-2011, 09:31 PM
If the developers put a cancel option on the patch screen, it might make it less frustrating. Having to wait 2-3 minutes each tim the patch freezes quickly makes this game not worth the trouble. There's obviously a design flaw if so many clients are having a similar problem.

NoKkkab
04-13-2011, 01:19 PM
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP ipone002.pak or something 80~90% stuck.
Tried right next to wifi router 6mbps internet speed.
Tried disabling everything.
tried downloading app throught pc and ipod touch 4th gen
NOTHING WORKS!
reinstalled like 10 times. Can't even remember how many times i uninstalled..
HELPPPPPPPP!!

SUPAPRODIGY
04-13-2011, 09:41 PM
The game requires a constant internet connection. If you have intermittent Wifi, or if the device decides that it wants to do something else (receive push notifications, check email, etc.), the connection will be interrupted and the patching process will be aborted.

Try a couple of things:
1) Disable Push Notifications and Push Email.
2) Try another Wifi connection, or 3G if you have it if not update ur iphone or ipod and try again

if not contact support at support(at)spacetimestudios.com and tell them the problems u are having

ghosty222
05-03-2011, 08:12 PM
ever sence i updated to 1.7.1 pocket legends has not been able to download the new patch iphone005 i get an error saying disconnected from server idk whats the problem i got an ipod 4g 64gb and i have 20gb left so i know i have space to download the patch i have tryed re-installing the app restarting the ipod restoring the ipod... its jailbroken but only for themes and i know jailbreak has nothing to do with just pointing it out...i tryed downloading patch on other wifi connections and still get the error....my friend has the same ipod and same apps as me as we do play co-op/multiplayer and help each other int tips for different games etc and his pocket legends works but why not mine?

Bok Bagtit
07-28-2011, 09:06 AM
HELP...im stuck in patching my i pad 2 it stops when im downloading IPAD006.PAK..what should i do??

zuesmirza
08-11-2011, 05:03 AM
The patch server disconnects me when I have recieved 90% of ANDROID010.PAK patch file.. Trying frm 3 days.. The server disconnects me everytime 90% of file is recieved I have deleted and reinstalled the app 3 times but same problem.... Plz fix it... Also posted at fb page but no reply there.. XPERIA X10 MINI...

Samhayne
08-11-2011, 05:23 AM
The patch server disconnects me when I have recieved 90% of ANDROID010.PAK patch file.. Trying frm 3 days.. The server disconnects me everytime 90% of file is recieved I have deleted and reinstalled the app 3 times but same problem.... Plz fix it... Also posted at fb page but no reply there.. XPERIA X10 MINI...

It's probably your available memory is not enough to unpack the download or an SD card issue. Take a look at this article:

http://spacetimestudios.zendesk.com/entries/20075762-i-have-trouble-installing-or-updating-the-game-on-my-android

zuesmirza
08-11-2011, 07:04 AM
Sir I have been playing the game for 1 year... And have checked this link various times and have done re-installation 3 times... I do have free memory( I have a technical background) 764MB AT MY sd card and 59 MB at phone... Can you tell me how do I disable the push email notification... Thank you.. Xperia x10 mini...

zuesmirza
08-11-2011, 07:15 AM
Your game is awesome but it really frustates me when I cant play it for 2 to 3 days just bcoz of silly update... Plz help me out... So many players facing the same problem ( gets disconnected while patching) plz plz do something... Dnt just say that my memory card has a problem or I dnt have enough megs to unpack the file... Thank you... Want to play PL :-(

zuesmirza
08-11-2011, 07:19 AM
SORRY IF I SAID SOMETHING WRONG OR OFFENDED YOU GUYS IN ANY WAY.... OL I WANT IS TO PLAY PL AGAIN... Just like before.. The App was working perfect for me before I did the daily deal update xperia x10 mini..

zuesmirza
08-11-2011, 02:09 PM
6 hours no reply?

Samhayne
08-11-2011, 02:11 PM
6 hours no reply?

Zuesmirza, generally best to start a new thread with a tech issue if there isn't one specific to your problem. You can also write us e-mail requesting assistance to support(at)spacetimestudios.com (replace the (at) with the @ symbol).

Regarding having problems playing after updating, best thing to do is delete and re-install. Here's an article with step by step instructions for how best to do that:

http://support.spacetimestudios.com/entries/20075762-i-have-trouble-installing-or-updating-the-game-on-my-android

arun_may16
12-19-2013, 06:30 PM
I have te same issue now, latezt update, android 032.pak stuck at 90% n sayz connection disconnected, tried around 25+ times, for two days no luck. I think its some issue with cache file, can anyone say how can i manually delete every pl filez after uninstalling?.

KKryptonites
06-23-2015, 07:19 PM
I'm having this trouble now. Before the update I played daily with no problems now I try to update the new version or whatever and it loads 3/4 of the way and kicks me. I've did everything all these comments have said and still nothing. Can someone please tell me what's up? What do I have to to play again? I can play arcane legends perfectly fine. But if I try to play dark legends or pocket legends guess what!, I get kicked every time. Please help me fix this I want to play so badly.

Exxotik
05-02-2016, 05:18 PM
Here is how i fixed it. I am using android and this may work wity

Exxotik
05-02-2016, 05:22 PM
Here is how i fixed it. I am using android and this may work wity
With* iphone (sorry miss tapped quick reply lol) but i kept the screen in auto sleep and occastionally pressed the volume button maybe every minute it was patching. I got in just yesterday doing this but as u see when u do this the .pak goes down and eventually goes to 1 letting u in automatically by the way enable push notifications and go to ur setting and clear cache and do the steps i told u if u have any trouble reply to this comment ill do my best to help