PDA

View Full Version : [COMMON] - The "Leprechaun" Scam - Solutions

Stephanieh
09-07-2015, 07:15 AM
Greetings Legends.

I here, Stephanie, is currently very "pissed" and "impetuous" with this scamming thing. I've been really patient, and waiting for SpaceTime Studios to take action and looking what they'll do. But, guess what? They did nothing! (No offense). They'll mostly ask for "Screenshots" and "Videos" of the scamming taking place, but they do not understand. Mostly everyone is like "OH MY GOD, A CHEAP LEPRE, I SHALL BUY IT." and that makes them excited to purchase it, overwhelmed. You would call me stupid, "it's all your problem." and so forth. If you would call me that, that'll be offensive to newbies.

Also, as soon as the one buying the Leprechaun wants to get their screen recorder on Android, the player selling it will think they're suspicious and will not sell it to them. The other will be *Sad Panda*. Here is an example of the scamming taking place;

Let's just say, there's a player called Popeye, who wants to purchase the Leprechaun from Anafiazabas -

Anafiazabas - *Public Chat* : Selling Lepre 160K+
Popeye : *Oooh, a cheap one!* *PMs Anafiazabas* I will buy it.
Anafiazabas : ok, trade me
So here, Anafiazabas will show the Leprechaun and Popeye will show his gold for it.
Anafiazabas : can u add jewels?
and this is where the scamming takes place. They'll ask you to cancel trade in any form, which I have no idea why that works to me.
Popeye : Sure. *Buys Jewels from Consignment Store*.
and when Popeye trades Anafiazabas, she'll put in Lunar Pendant, and next thing you know, you're scammed !

Significantly, this is the scam technique commonly used, and I am here to share you about my experience and how to overcome it.

Solutions -
1. Always double/triple check your list, what has been offered to you.
2. However, when you actually added gold first and you see that the Leprechaun is on his offer. You quickly press "Comfirm" and if the seller ask's you to add in something/ declines the trade. That'll be a sign of scamming.
e.g - The buyer should often ask for the seller to put in the Leprechaun first, and you add in gold, and quickly you comfirm.
3. Rarely purchase cheap Leprechaun's from the streets that is being sold for far more price than the Consignment Store price, like 50,000 gold range.
4. Take screenshots of the trade being made, and possibly the chat. Send it to the SpaceTime Studios support, I have no idea if they provide refunds.

That's probably all you need for that, same goes with Blight/Blinky egg scam. Now, let's suggest what SpaceTime Studios can do. Well, this isn't the "Suggestion" thread, so i'll just post a third-party link for that, which is -

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?261098-SUGGESTION-Leprechaun-Scamming-Action-should-be-taken-by-STS&p=2268984#post2268984

Stay safe, play happy and go lucky.

- Stephanie

mesalin
09-07-2015, 07:44 AM
I just seen this guy in outpost ! Be careful

Mesti
09-07-2015, 08:50 AM
Yes these scammers grrr

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Serancha
09-07-2015, 09:32 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?137292-Guide-Scams-Avoiding-Scams-and-What-to-do-if-You-are-Scammed

When will people learn these 3 things:
If it is too good to be true, it is.
Always check the items and the gold amounts 3 times before completing any transaction.
There is always a price for greed

Just because someone is a newbie doesn't mean they don't have brains and common sense. Use them!

raxaxic
09-07-2015, 02:35 PM
Yes check three times before confirming and stay away from rush deals take your time when buying or selling.

Motherless_Child
09-07-2015, 03:47 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?137292-Guide-Scams-Avoiding-Scams-and-What-to-do-if-You-are-Scammed

Always check the items and the gold amounts 3 times before completing any transaction.

Just because someone is a newbie doesn't mean they don't have brains and common sense. Use them!

Exactly.... Double and triple checking trade transactions before clicking the confirm button should be as second nature to an individual as using using legs to walk... And when trading, if the business is not strict and to the point (no buy this and that first, or lemme exit trade window to do this and that etc.) you should naturally become suspicious, thus causing you to be even more observant of what is happening.... I still don't understand how a person can possibly be scammed in this game.....

Titanfall
09-07-2015, 05:01 PM
I dont like how victims of scammers abuse the "Oh Im a newb I didnt know" line.
You have eyes, common sense and a brain. USE. THEM.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

noobseller
09-08-2015, 03:27 AM
I dont like how victims of scammers abuse the "Oh Im a newb I didnt know" line.
You have eyes, common sense and a brain. USE. THEM.

Its easy to blame if you got all the infos.
And there are more ways/tricks to get scammed then on zylx thread written so u r not 100% immune.
You can't outsmart the devil that's why spacetime studios has to return the scammed items/gold nevertheless.

Burning Beast
09-08-2015, 04:16 AM
Since I see such scams everyday throughout Arlor, All I do is educate and aware people of scams I recognize or what I think might be a potential scam.
Let people like us make an effort and support the devs against scamming.
After all, wherever there is some form of currency (even if virtual), scamming eventually follows.

Robhawk
09-08-2015, 04:23 AM

Exactly my thoughts...

noobseller
09-08-2015, 04:25 AM
Since I see such scams everyday throughout Arlor, All I do is educate and aware people of scams I recognize or what I think might be a potential scam.
Let people like us make an effort and support the devs against scamming.
After all, wherever there is some form of currency (even if virtual), scamming eventually follows.

That's honorable but still spacetime has to change their policy according scammed items. They have to return items/gold only then its an efficient way to stop this scam paradise or reduce it.

At the moment scammer are getting to easy away. Even they get banned those scammed items/gold are already transferred to other accounts.

And if they return the item's to the rightful owner a litle trust returns back to community due to the fact, scamming is not profitable anymore ;)

Titanfall
09-08-2015, 07:01 AM
Its easy to blame if you got all the infos.
And there are more ways/tricks to get scammed then on zylx thread written so u r not 100% immune.
You can't outsmart the devil that's why spacetime studios has to return the scammed items/gold nevertheless.
Oh yea totally agree with the last part but dont understand how people fall for such a simple trick

Xorrior
09-08-2015, 07:12 AM

Tenty-one chars.

Xorrior
09-08-2015, 07:18 AM
I feel sorry for those who got scammed by friends, officers or even a GM regarding trust.

If you got scammed out of greed, I'm sure somewhere there is violin being played. If you're trying to be clever and cheat the system and you get cheated and expect sympathy...meh.

Some of these scams are so dumb I don't even know how people fall for them, but I can fathom greed was the primary motive.

These threads about being scammed by double your gold or someone pretending to be a NPC and shouting made up codes LOL.

If you can get scammed this easy in a game, then irl you gonna be hunted and torn apart. Scammers can smell a sucka from a mile. Be savvy and use common sense, if it's too good to be true then it is! Remember you can never get scammed if you keep your stuff and never hand it over irl and in a game.

Learn how to say the following words it will save you huge trouble in life....

1. NO
2. BUZZ OFF

PhoenixPrime
09-08-2015, 11:06 AM
The auction house is the safest bet for buying the more common stuff, maybe that should be part of the beginner tutorial.

Tapash Bose
09-08-2015, 01:33 PM
One step will surely drastically reduce the scam..if not totally eliminate..
STS should check the account of scammer as to where he is transferring the golds and gears..
That is the original account...banning it will certainly solve most of the problem:)

Dex Scene
09-08-2015, 03:45 PM
I don't think things should be handed back to the owner when they tell you so many times that BE CAREFUL. EVERY TRADES ARE FINAL.
people will manipulate if stg starts to restore trades.

There are so many guides to not fall for scams.
Scammers only get succeed because people let them to.

I have full support for punishments to the scammers but handing stuffs back to the owner?? naah really a bad idea.
All trades are final and so be careful what are you trading in that trade box.

Motherless_Child
09-08-2015, 03:57 PM
I don't think things should be handed back to the owner when they tell you so many times that BE CAREFUL. EVERY TRADES ARE FINAL.
people will manipulate if stg starts to restore trades.

There are so many guides to not fall for scams.
Scammers only get succeed because people let them to.

I have full support for punishments to the scammers but handing stuffs back to the owner?? naah really a bad idea.
All trades are final and so be careful what are you trading in that trade box.

LOL.... This court is adjourned!!!!!!

Samaeldavisjr
09-08-2015, 04:00 PM
if you are getting scammed, its your fault. period
the trade box gives you 3xs to decide whether or not you are sure. if you click yes 3xs without looking at what you are buying, then yur the nub

Fyrce
09-08-2015, 07:10 PM
Real life JAIL does not stop real life scams.

Therefore in a not-so-real world, of course, there will be scams, since the consequences are much less than in real life. There will always be people playing a different game. As others have said, use your eyes, brain and common sense.

Seoratrek
09-08-2015, 07:29 PM
Hey everyone,

Like G-M said here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?p=2266498#post2266498) we do take the time to remove these scammers. However, even with proof we still have to investigate to verify the activity before we ban someone. Take a look at this post below:

The best thing you can do to combat scammers is to never give any items or gold to anyone you don't know. If you do feel you have to trade with someone you don't know, make sure you pay very close attention to what's being traded. Never ever give out your password either. Tell your friends to do the same. If someone is offering you something that sounds too good to be true, it most likely is.

Thanks for doing your part! :)