PDA

View Full Version : Elite Ren Question - The shielder

Candylicks
09-07-2015, 10:55 AM
I am curious with elite Ren' Gol. The mob that is shielder, did he always buff himself + the other mobs or is that a bug after when they increased the difficulty on elites? Didn't he used to only buff the other ones?

Also, I can't see the head symbol on him in elites just the regular maps. What is the deal with this? Just trying to get the correct info and then submit a bug thread...

Thanks all!

extrapayah
09-07-2015, 12:01 PM
he always shields himself in normal maps, but has lesser health than normal orcs

but not in elite since the requested difficulty increase

hence the separation technique

Dimitrian
09-07-2015, 12:16 PM
If you would read the elite release announcement,you would know that in elite there has been added a new type of mob:The Orc Gladiator, that buffs the mobs,and himself.Also,the shamans can spawn mobs,and the engineers do some kamikaze stuff.
BTW the gladiator is a seperate mob,so the shielder still remains the same.You can recognize a gladiator by his helmet.

Trimis de pe al meu GT-P5100 folosind Tapatalk

Faliziaga
09-07-2015, 12:26 PM
This is a screenshot I made pre elite buff when I was wondering about the shields. I don't know if that helps and what do you mean by head symbol?

Candylicks
09-07-2015, 12:52 PM
Right they don't list the shielder in the description and they are in the regular maps. They have Mohawks. I'm just curious if anyone noticed that they now also buff themselves in addition to all of the mobs in elites, or that is a change or bug.

Candylicks
09-07-2015, 12:56 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/07/23bf9ad2fb0610ce3b7b39414258ebbe.jpg

Map 3 regular shielder. Has Mohawk and purple icon above head.

Candylicks
09-07-2015, 01:20 PM
And there is the elite one... No icon on head.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/07/f96b35bd7e3404824c51445013339818.jpg

Candylicks
09-07-2015, 01:27 PM
If you would read the elite release announcement,you would know that in elite there has been added a new type of mob:The Orc Gladiator, that buffs the mobs,and himself.Also,the shamans can spawn mobs,and the engineers do some kamikaze stuff.
BTW the gladiator is a seperate mob,so the shielder still remains the same.You can recognize a gladiator by his helmet.

Trimis de pe al meu GT-P5100 folosind Tapatalk

I'm totally confused. I thought there was gladiators (with hat) and the shielding guys who are not listed that have Mohawk.

Is it same enemy, different looks?

Dimitrian
09-07-2015, 01:30 PM
I'm totally confused. I thought there was gladiators (with hat) and the shielding guys who are not listed that have Mohawk.

Is it same enemy, different looks?
I read the announcement thread,and it looks like it is the same mob.I'm confused too now o.0 i saw the ones with helmet and the ones without it in elite...what.the.heck.

Candylicks
09-07-2015, 01:33 PM
I read the announcement thread,and it looks like it is the same mob.I'm confused too now o.0 i saw the ones with helmet and the ones without it in elite...what.the.heck.

Ikr. I'm sorry for being nub in asking just trying to figure this out. It's extremely hard to find the shielder in elites and without the head icon I'm confused. Also...... Both the Mohawk and the helmet guys do have the Cleaver weapon.

Oursizes
09-07-2015, 08:02 PM
I think its the same mob that shileds in normal maps. Before they ruoned new elites with extreme hp and nothing to loot,when i killed the mohawk guys the shields dropped.

extrapayah
09-08-2015, 12:09 AM
Ikr. I'm sorry for being nub in asking just trying to figure this out. It's extremely hard to find the shielder in elites and without the head icon I'm confused. Also...... Both the Mohawk and the helmet guys do have the Cleaver weapon.

being a nub or newbie is never a bad thing, so no worries :D, but being a nub and acting high like a pro might cause a problem

Faliziaga
09-08-2015, 01:18 AM
being a nub or newbie is never a bad thing, so no worries :D, but being a nub and acting high like a pro might cause a problem

irrelevant information

extrapayah
09-08-2015, 02:29 AM
irrelevant information

:), my bad, sorry for being irrelevant

Jazzi
09-08-2015, 02:45 AM
Tbh what does it matter? Atm nobody farms those elites, because they are bugged, glitched, too hard for the general population and offer no return or reward whatsoever. They are only good for hobby map running: just for fun with the awareness that u gonna make loss ;)

Candylicks
09-08-2015, 06:55 AM
Yeah guys your opinions on the maps come on... I am just trying to get some info on running them not the loots.

I think oursizes is right about them both being 'Gladiators', what I have been calling shielders. They have both pointy hats or mohawks in elites, a cleaver, and shield the mobs. I just don't remember before that they shielded themselves. It's REALLY hard to pinpoint them once you do a pull, I have been mostly focusing on their shoulder armor which is pretty big. Wonder why they don't have the icon in elites either though.

Tatman
09-08-2015, 07:08 AM
1. I can't find a post by a STS staff member, that says the gladiator/shielder/whatever is supposed to shield himself.

2. Contrary to what some here say, this mob did NOT shield himself in normal maps before the elites were tweaked. I clearly remember this from my daily quests - e.g. map 2, last mob group before boss. This guy did not shield himself, now he does.

3. This matters, since it's probably the main reason why elites look harder now. That's my opinion at least. The mobs groups, that do not have a gladiator in them, are still quite easy and fast to kill.

I don't mind the current state of these maps, just trying to clear things a bit.

p.s. There also seems to be some kind of a glitch with this guy, where some mobs remain shielded even after he's dead. I have not tested in detail ofc, but it seems to happen when you pull a second mob group.

Candylicks
09-08-2015, 07:13 AM
Yes the ones without the shielder are indeed very easy to kill in elites still. If it's broken and he isn't supposed to self-buff that would make sense to me and fix the issue that we are having targeting him in the mob.

Jazzi
09-08-2015, 07:25 AM
Yes the ones without the shielder are indeed very easy to kill in elites still. If it's broken and he isn't supposed to self-buff that would make sense to me and fix the issue that we are having targeting him in the mob.

I just did 4 more runs ad found 2 more issues:

1. Sometimes when you kill the gladiator (shielder) the shield does not wear off on the buffed mobs
2. The brutes (giants) sometimes not only kill u with your their normal attack, but all rarely kill u without even hitting (I dont have lag)

Lastly I do agree that if the shielder did not buff himself and the shield would wear off when he'd be dead, the maps would have an acceptable difficulty (ofc the obviously glitched brutes must be fixed as well). Nevertheless the maps are still not really appealing to run, as the rewards are abysmal at best.

Candylicks
09-08-2015, 07:27 AM
Yes the Giants are bugged too. The attack sometimes comes before he swings.

I haven't seen the shields remain after the gladiator is down, I'll look for that though. Good catch.

extrapayah
09-08-2015, 08:11 AM
1. I can't find a post by a STS staff member, that says the gladiator/shielder/whatever is supposed to shield himself.

2. Contrary to what some here say, this mob did NOT shield himself in normal maps before the elites were tweaked. I clearly remember this from my daily quests - e.g. map 2, last mob group before boss. This guy did not shield himself, now he does.

3. This matters, since it's probably the main reason why elites look harder now. That's my opinion at least. The mobs groups, that do not have a gladiator in them, are still quite easy and fast to kill.

I don't mind the current state of these maps, just trying to clear things a bit.

p.s. There also seems to be some kind of a glitch with this guy, where some mobs remain shielded even after he's dead. I have not tested in detail ofc, but it seems to happen when you pull a second mob group.

refer to this (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?246943-Guide-The-Ren-gol-Bestiary), the screenshot was made long ago before elite was released, you can see that indeed the gladiator (or the shielder) has the shield icon, both on his head and around himself

Tatman
09-08-2015, 08:44 AM
refer to this (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?246943-Guide-The-Ren-gol-Bestiary), the screenshot was made long ago before elite was released, you can see that indeed the gladiator (or the shielder) has the shield icon, both on his head and around himself
Yes, long ago as in several days after expansion was released. A lot of updates happened between then and now. I clearly remember that guy not shielding himself until recently, but whatever.

proof:

You can look for other screenshots in this thread, ty: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?252435-lt-Enigmatic-gt-Anniversary-JEWEL-FARM-SS-Thread!!!

Candylicks
09-08-2015, 09:48 AM
Ohh wow. Yeah we need sts to take a look at this and see if we have a bug going on or he is meant to shield himself or not. Truly the main reason, for me at least, is once they all have a shield and are clumped up its basically impossible to see which is the shielding orc. If he didn't have shield or the head icon was replaced it would be easier to identify which orc is which.

Thanks tat for that ss!!! You have good memory on this. Also that beast guide written is great I enjoyed the read.

Jazzi
09-08-2015, 11:10 AM
So did some 7-8 more runs. I can confirm that the shield does not wear off sometimes when the shielder is dead. This includes also no healers at the area, nor any other mobs as those were cleared as well. Seems to be e bug. I hope that it wont take another 2-3 weeks for a fix.

P.S. In the pt i was (2 or 3 maxed rogues) the runs took 7-9 minutes depending on the map and some luck (unfortunate pull when u skip the brutes, etc.), which is an acceptable time. But in all those runs 20ish rolls on the boss 1 (one) single rune was looted between all of us and not a single legendary worth more than 888 gold. on the other hand I personally had to use 12 ankhs and about 1300 potions. Further I am not really a fan of closed pts and excluding guildies and other classes, so that u can be somewhat efficient.

Candylicks
09-08-2015, 11:18 AM
So did some 7-8 more runs. I can confirm that the shield does not wear off sometimes when the shielder is dead. This includes also no healers at the area, nor any other mobs as those were cleared as well. Seems to be e bug. I hope that it wont take another 2-3 weeks for a fix.

P.S. In the pt i was (2 or 3 maxed rogues) the runs took 7-9 minutes depending on the map and some luck (unfortunate pull when u skip the brutes, etc.), which is an acceptable time. But in all those runs 20ish rolls on the boss 1 (one) single rune was looted between all of us and not a single legendary worth more than 888 gold. on the other hand I personally had to use 12 ankhs and about 1300 potions. Further I am not really a fan of closed pts and excluding guildies and other classes, so that u can be somewhat efficient.

Okay that's good to know Jazzi and hope we can get some feedback on these issues. Also the giant attack bug how it hits before he even swings. If you are just working on the 2-tag quest see my guild thread for what I am currently doing. It's a no-ankh quickie way to farm those tags.

Edward Coug
09-08-2015, 11:21 AM

If the myth set were better, I would be confident the prices would rise to a profitable level. However, the set being what it is, I'm not sure these maps will ever be worth running other than for the fun of it.

Candylicks
09-08-2015, 11:22 AM
If the set were better, I would be confident the prices would rise to a profitable level. However, the set being what it is, I'm not sure these maps will ever be worth running other than for the fun of it.

If there is a component of stampy included in the maps they will become a goldmine. Stampy seems to be very promising, especially to the PvP players who no doubt will pay top dollar for a pet that gives them an edge over the rest.

Jazzi
09-08-2015, 11:32 AM
Okay that's good to know Jazzi and hope we can get some feedback on these issues. Also the giant attack bug how it hits before he even swings. If you are just working on the 2-tag quest see my guild thread for what I am currently doing. It's a no-ankh quickie way to farm those tags.

Tbh I was just doing hobby farming. Was not after the tags or the boss loots for that matter. I am just sharing what the loot was. I know, one could run ankhless if one shold only go for the tags.

Tbh the insignias, which i refuse to buy, are too big of a bottleneck for me. Didnt get any during the last 6 days of doing dailies on 2 toons. In this regard I have more than enough tags :)

Tatman
09-08-2015, 11:56 AM

This seems to happen when you aggro another group of mobs (not the one the shielder is in), then kill shielder. Mobs from shielder's original group are now properly not shielded any more. Mobs from the second group however seem to retain the shields.

Also I think this may happen, if a mob resets and you aggro it again, but not entirely sure about this.

Anyway this is definitely a bug and needs looking into.

KingMartin
09-08-2015, 05:13 PM
Yes the Giants are bugged too. The attack sometimes comes before he swings.

I haven't seen the shields remain after the gladiator is down, I'll look for that though. Good catch.

The giants is the only part of elite Ren'gol that's really not fun. Sometimes no matter what I do, no matter how far I am, he swings the club and I am dead (5500HP, 1900 armor, Nekro shield). It would be nice if STS adds at least red zone because now the attack is totally unpredictable. I was even killed standing farther from him then the others. Not funny at all. :(

Fyrce
09-08-2015, 07:01 PM
Random death from Giants is actually pretty annoyiing. I sigh and revive, but I'd much rather not have to deal with Hand-of-God deaths.

Diggdugg
09-08-2015, 08:16 PM
Yea the hand of God deaths really suck, I've been waaaaay far away from them and BAM....dead no red zone no giant around still dead... Sts really needs to do quality checks by running them before releasing

Faliziaga
09-12-2015, 10:25 AM

You are right. The second mob group remains shielded after having resetted.