PDA

View Full Version : being able to change your character type

grenadiers
05-08-2011, 04:40 PM
i just had an idea about being able to change the type of your character for a certain amount of platinum.
i'm sure somebody has probably posted about this before but mine might be different.
i think it would be a great idea to be able to change the type of character you are using for lets say 100 platinum.
i think it would be fun for a lot of players and a chance for the devs to make a little extra money.
yes i understand it is unrealistic but hey we are playing a game with magical elfs and other things that make make this game very unrealistic.
please leave comments on what you think about this.

Lowlyspy
05-08-2011, 04:45 PM
i just had an idea about being able to change the type of your character for a certain amount of platinum.
i'm sure somebody has probably posted about this before but mine might be different.
i think it would be a great idea to be able to change the type of character you are using for lets say 100 platinum.
i think it would be fun for a lot of players and a chance for the devs to make a little extra money.
yes i understand it is unrealistic but hey we are playing a game with magical elfs and other things that make make this game very unrealistic.
please leave comments on what you think about this.

i like the idea grenade, but isnt this wat we have other toons for?

JaytB
05-08-2011, 04:47 PM
I can see it as an opportunity to make money, but don't really like the idea too much to be honest. Don't we have enough high lvl peeps who don't understand their char very well already? I only see it becoming waaaaay worse when this option would exist. This is just my opinion about it, of course :)

grenadiers
05-08-2011, 04:54 PM
i like the idea grenade, but isnt this wat we have other toons for?yeah but if someone didn't want to spend the time to level up that character it would be easier to just change character type of their main.
it takes a lot longer to level up now that elixirs cost platinum and from what i here not a lot of people buy elixirs now due to that.

KingFu
05-08-2011, 04:55 PM
I like the idea. It's been suggested a good amount of time, but its not a bad idea. I think it'd be cool to have when and if they add a new class.

grenadiers
05-08-2011, 05:01 PM
I can see it as an opportunity to make money, but don't really like the idea too much to be honest. Don't we have enough high lvl peeps who don't understand their char very well already? I only see it becoming waaaaay worse when this option would exist. This is just my opinion about it, of course :)yeah there would probably be a lot of people that do not understand the role of their character, but it would also give a lot of people the opportunity to figure out which character they like the best.
in my opinion they would get a way better feel for the toon if it was the same level as the toon they switched from.

Meabegitag
05-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Lol that is what rerolling is for......as you should know ou did it like 20 times today

grenadiers
05-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Lol that is what rerolling is for......as you should know ou did it like 20 times todaylol yeah but you dont get the skills that come with the character when you respec your stats

Arterra
05-08-2011, 07:50 PM
no real point IMO

if you want to play another class, better off making another character. that way, you can go back and forth between both classes too.

as for if and when a new class comes out... why skip all the intro levels?? i dont want to be (for example) trying to figure out combos for the first time at goldfever...
whole point of the leveling system and the slow introduction of skills is to get you accustomed to playing styles and new powers.

Ayrilana
05-08-2011, 07:57 PM
If you're talking about changing from an elf to a bird or something like that then I'm against this. We'll just have even more people who are willing to spend real money instead of leveling the class properly to learn how to play it correctly. It'll be just as bad as power leveling. Good suggestion though.

Arterra
05-08-2011, 08:00 PM
It'll be just as bad as power leveling. Good suggestion though.

BEFORE anyone says anything and we have confusion, it doesn't mean it is powerleveling, just that it gives the same outcome: a bird/bear/mage with no idea how to play

Ayrilana
05-08-2011, 08:23 PM
BEFORE anyone says anything and we have confusion, it doesn't mean it is powerleveling, just that it gives the same outcome: a bird/bear/mage with no idea how to play

Yeah that's what I meant. Thanks for clarifying that