PDA

View Full Version : Wii

Wicked Caccavari
05-08-2011, 08:09 PM
I've tried the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 out in the past. The Xbox 360 being my favorite thus far. I've been wanting to test out a Wii for a while because I never have played one.

So, I finally find a friend that wants to sell their Wii. I get the Wii and everything from him. I'm excited as hell to try it out! I use my grandmas TV (I live with my grandma right now) when I had my PS3 and Xbox 360 so I figure that's what I'll use for my Wii. It's the TV she never uses just to make it clear. I go to hook the Wii up and she says, "You're not using my TV! Put that **** away!".

My excitedness goes away as I become a dissappointed. Now I just have a Wii sitting there that won't be used for quite a while since I have no TV of my own. ;/

FML.

Update: Grandma texted me (Yes, I'm in room next to where she is) saying sorry for exploding at me and we'd work something out for the Wii. Yes! There's still hope in the world.

Gluttony
05-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Today, my friend, you have learned a valuable lesson: grandmothers love televisions like they love their favorite child. I gave my grandmother a television for Mother's Day, and judging from her reaction you would think I just gave her a brand new car.

Perhaps your gran is in the know, and is aware that wiis + tvs = high mortality rate.

http://www.wiidamage.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/wisconsin_tv__1.jpg

Wicked Caccavari
05-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Today, my friend, you have learned a valuable lesson: grandmothers love televisions like they love their favorite child. I gave my grandmother a television for Mother's Day, and judging from her reaction you would think I just gave her a brand new car.

Perhaps your gran is in the know, and is aware that wiis + tvs = high mortality rate.

http://www.wiidamage.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/wisconsin_tv__1.jpg

I'd be using a controller the whole time. ;/ Sucks to know I have this Wii just laying on my dresser not getting any use!

Gluttony
05-08-2011, 09:11 PM
I'd be using a controller the whole time. ;/ Sucks to know I have this Wii just laying on my dresser not getting any use!

You have to have use wiimote all the time, there is a classic controller (much like a sega genesis controller), but it must be plugged into the wiimote at all times since it draws power from the wiimote. Also, some games you wouldn't expect to have to use motion detection you actually do just for menus and what not. Finally some games just require you to "flick" the remote in different directions (New Super Mario Bros.), but I cannot disagree with you about the system collecting dust beign a bummer.

Major
05-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Haha ya make sure you use the straps that go around your wrists, espicaily for games like baseball and bowling lol.

Wicked Caccavari
05-08-2011, 09:14 PM
You have to have use wiimote all the time, there is a classic controller (much like a sega genesis controller), but it must be plugged into the wiimote at all times since it draws power from the wiimote. Also, some games you wouldn't expect to have to use motion detection you actually do just for menus and what not. Finally some games just require you to "flick" the remote in different directions (New Super Mario Bros.), but I cannot disagree with you about the system collecting dust beign a bummer.

I'm a noob when it comes to the Wii. Such a waste of money since it'll be a dust collecter for over a month probably.