PDA

View Full Version : Observation : Goblin King self-regenerates?

joopiduh
05-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Has anyone else noticed this? Swill Pitz, Goblin King. Totem is destroyed, GK is in the room, and suddenly his health goes back up to max. Happened a few times already in different games with different people. Is that supposed to happen?

Kossi
05-08-2011, 08:31 PM
i wouldnt know, i havent stepped foot in BS since i hit 55

Ayrilana
05-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Supposedly a glitch or lag. Someone asked about this a couple months ago. Can't remember what conclusions they came up with.

EDIT: Found it.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20786-Goblin-King-Problem

joopiduh
05-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the link. 2 months in and the same thing is still happening....

Major
05-08-2011, 09:09 PM
I think it might be a certain time limit for it....maybe its just lag tho or something lol. This has happened to me as well. Totem gone, couple seconds go by, then he has full health.

joopiduh
05-08-2011, 09:45 PM
lol a new group I was playing with was getting really aggravated because GK kept on regenerating himself. Had to explain to them that it happens sometimes. I'm sure the devs would already know about this, right? Or should I send them an email on it? Or is it done by the devs on purpose, and we don't know about it? *grin*

Major
05-09-2011, 09:25 AM
lol a new group I was playing with was getting really aggravated because GK kept on regenerating himself. Had to explain to them that it happens sometimes. I'm sure the devs would already know about this, right? Or should I send them an email on it? Or is it done by the devs on purpose, and we don't know about it? *grin*

Never hurts to let them know, especially when it comes to a bug.

Gluttony
05-09-2011, 09:48 AM
Yeah this bug/glitch is annoying, but you can see it coming (and not do a thing about it). It seems that after you destroy the totem you're supposed to get stunned for a few seconds; however, if you don't get stunned after the totem is destroyed then GK is going to regen. I would be willing to say that I'm positive it's not lag (a full 56 party, 2 dex birds, 1 dex bear, 2 pallys), we went straight to totem and killed it and had enough time to get a few skills off on him again before he healed (fully). I'm not sure if no one got stunned or if it was just me (I thought it was strange I wasn't stunned), then he got his regen and I understood what was going on (I've had it happen to me multiple times at this point). Could be a dodge issue (if you dodge the totem's stun then it doesn't register as a totem kill), I used to have something similar happen to me with the like the toxic barrels in Roach Motel where it seemed like I was dodging the protection I was supposed to get after killing the birds (I'm not sure if this issue has been fixed since I have cleared Roach Motel in a while).

JaytB
05-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Yeah this bug/glitch is annoying, but you can see it coming (and not do a thing about it). It seems that after you destroy the totem you're supposed to get stunned for a few seconds; however, if you don't get stunned after the totem is destroyed then GK is going to regen. I would be willing to say that I'm positive it's not lag (a full 56 party, 2 dex birds, 1 dex bear, 2 pallys), we went straight to totem and killed it and had enough time to get a few skills off on him again before he healed (fully). I'm not sure if no one got stunned or if it was just me (I thought it was strange I wasn't stunned), then he got his regen and I understood what was going on (I've had it happen to me multiple times at this point). Could be a dodge issue (if you dodge the totem's stun then it doesn't register as a totem kill), I used to have something similar happen to me with the like the toxic barrels in Roach Motel where it seemed like I was dodging the protection I was supposed to get after killing the birds (I'm not sure if this issue has been fixed since I have cleared Roach Motel in a while).

Ow, we always go straight for the king. Don't even bother with the totem. He always dies very fast. But, I have to admit I only run him when we have a strong party (mostly birds, maybe a dex bear and a pure int Mage).

Gluttony
05-09-2011, 10:04 AM
Ow, we always go straight for the king. Don't even bother with the totem. He always dies very fast. But, I have to admit I only run him when we have a strong party (mostly birds, maybe a dex bear and a pure int Mage).

We usually go for the GK too and have the power to kill him outright, but we like to chat and that could be the difference. I don't think anyone is denying the fact that the sure way to beat the GK is to kill him before the totem even becomes a factor, but when that isn't accomplished it would be nice to know that the game isn't going to force you into a drawn out battle.