PDA

View Full Version : Black star opening date?

Sentinel
05-08-2011, 09:34 PM
I would like to know when b* comes out. Any people knowing when it will come out please posts your answers.

Thasaint
05-08-2011, 10:45 PM
It will be either may or june.

Sentinel
05-09-2011, 04:54 PM
You now when it cmes out? Yea right

Tvis
05-09-2011, 04:55 PM
It was said that they are in "pre-alpha" testing, so really nobody knows.

Major
05-09-2011, 05:44 PM
STS will let us know, for now all we can do is be patient.........

maddogcharlie
05-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Patience ! ....ack ...look what happened to Cinco .....went completely loco.

Major
05-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Patience ! ....ack ...look what happened to Cinco .....went completely loco.

This is true....in fact....I think Im starting to feel it.....hurry STS!!! lol

maddogcharlie
05-09-2011, 07:02 PM
This is true....in fact....I think Im starting to feel it.....hurry STS!!! lol
Im just trying to get my post count up in case beta is based on that LOL wow SOE is still.offline too, market opportunity.

Pokechmp
05-09-2011, 07:11 PM
I can't wait till it comes out...

Chosen of Diara
05-17-2011, 11:05 PM
The date is important......your fellow humans will need that to put in your epitaph HA HAHAHA HA HA

karmakali
05-18-2011, 09:15 AM
The date is important......your fellow humans will need that to put in your epitaph HA HAHAHA HA HA
What gives? Red words...rambling about humans...kinda creepy dude. Just wondering.....I come in peace... (don't they all say that before they suck the neurons out of our brains and kill off the species?)

Jbboss
05-22-2011, 08:02 AM
What is the day

Mageprodigy
05-22-2011, 08:45 AM
hmm i think i like PL more

thugimmortal
05-22-2011, 09:04 AM
You now when it cmes out? Yea right
The saint was only trying to help and he gave the right info too.
The only info we have is b* will be out in Q2 of the year.
the year is split in to quarters

Q1 january-march
Q2 april-june
Q3 july-september
Q4 october-december

all game developers use this format to release games without a specific date
im sure its not too far away and it will be announced on this forum before release.

maddogcharlie
05-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Good call Thugimmortal, the quarter thing isnt used much in Europe, like the semester, trimester too, only in certain industries.

Reason Dev's (in pretty much all industries) use the Q method is because narrowing them down to more than that is a chore, project tracking over multiple games and with many variables can be very difficult, and would literally require staff dedicated to just that purpose. The environment created by such micromanagement isnt one any developer wants to work in and is counter productive to creativity.

A concept can be proven technically in the initial planning stages but real world environments bring in a host of variables its almost impossible to foresee. Some industries do use more accurate tracking and estimating but often fail to meet a deadline, in customer service terms its seen as much better to estimate quarters than a month or even a day, and so more likely to deliver the goods on time.

With the STS situation that becomes ever more complex when targetting multiple platforms, producing a cohesive storyline and credible plots, balancing ongoing development of PL, evaluating art and storylines, gauging market popularity for new releases, contract negotiations, testing gameplay, planning future patches and usual business maintenance tasks.

Some could argue that software is out there to track project process's and estimate more accurate dates but it would also need persons just dedicated to analysis and quality control and with something like PL/B* that would be a very fluid process, difficult to pin down. I would guess STS's focus has been to get really talented dev's onboard as a priority and that has certainly paid off with the success of PL.

They could probably give us more accurate dates but that would need more staff which means Ellie in Forest Haven would be charging a way LOT more for potions as plat income for STS would need to increase.

'Just my 2 plats' :)

Ovocotto
05-22-2011, 04:16 PM
I cant wai :)

Ovocotto
05-22-2011, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=Ovocotto;306521]I cant wait:)

Trav19ktm
05-23-2011, 04:48 AM
OMG IM GOING CRAZY WHEN IS IT COMING OUTTTT!! im gunna beat everyone to lvl 25.......... maybe

Fyrce
05-23-2011, 06:38 AM
My brother and I used to play Federation so I'm very excited. Gotta get more work done, so I'll have more play time :)

F1zzzzp0p
05-23-2011, 10:56 AM
If u r banned in PL will u be banned in b*?

superss
05-23-2011, 11:06 AM

well they said plat carries over and i seem to remember them saying if ur banned in pl ur also banned across all of their games.

Sigkill
05-23-2011, 11:12 AM

Yes, they ban you from all their games. But, they ban your actual device, so unless you buy a whole new device or have two you can't do much :(. The Devs want bad people to be banned from all their games so they don't have to worry about the same problems later.

No, device bans are all Spacetime Studios games.

Thats From Samhayne

Zbooo
05-23-2011, 12:58 PM
Bad people= Baddie :3

IStrobe
05-29-2011, 06:54 PM
I wish it would come out today

Fyrce
05-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Bad people comprise a very small percentage of the player base. It's amazing how much trouble you remove just banning a small number of people. Device bans are pretty cool. Much harder for troublemakers to come back.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with a computer-based version...

Anyways, did the interview say opening in the summer? Guess it could still be late June.

JemNI
06-01-2011, 02:04 PM
I wonder if they could at least share how much lead time we will have when they announce it. Will they just surprise us when it appears in iTunes? or tell us when they submit it, or something even sooner? I'd be happy just knowing a date I can mark on the calendar.

ratava
06-01-2011, 02:20 PM
I wonder if they could at least share how much lead time we will have when they announce it. Will they just surprise us when it appears in iTunes? or tell us when they submit it, or something even sooner? I'd be happy just knowing a date I can mark on the calendar.

I'd be happy to hear a date, too. But that's the trick, devs can only give a time period = wider margin of error = more realistic because usually actual development time > expected development time.

Bet they have a lot on atm. But last info was still on course for June, although pre-alpha sounds early still and marketing might push back too. Still we have info dumps, press releases, promotions and footage and interviews all to come, right devs?! Throw us a :banana: !

Phoenixking
06-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Well that leaves only june lo

maddogcharlie
06-01-2011, 02:48 PM
JustG on the podcast mentioned the possibility of a PC version towards the end of the year in the fall, so sounds like they have a plan in place.

*thinks..........Cause they are playing on that right now in their offices........probably laughing at us and enjoying the game,.....feasting on the content, jumping with joy as they marvel at the gameplay and patting themselves on the back for their acomplishments, laughing and happy .......oblivious to the dark shadows circling high above them, the forum users. Circling waiting for their moment, gazing downwards at the tiny developers faces below them, flexing their strong talons and making their voices be heard, screeching as their patience wears thin. The cloud grows in size and numbers.

Phoenixking
06-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Scorn and rivens are going down!!!! And devs if that patience thins out lol jk

SkodaZek
06-01-2011, 03:49 PM
I have no issue waiting. I like to think of it as saving money. Spent over 150 on plat in PL. No reason to think the same won't occur in Blackstar.

IStrobe
06-02-2011, 03:23 PM
It's going to be q2 so within a few weeks

Silentarrow
06-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Like above, in a couple of weeks, i can't wait for it!

Register
06-02-2011, 04:35 PM
hmm....

Zbooo
06-02-2011, 08:29 PM
All I know I'm max leveling as soon as the game comes out.

Chosen of Diara
06-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Maximuming levels wil not help yu humans yu will not meat the tests beeten by our mightyiest of warriors and their astoundiling powers of saucery, the mightyness that is Scorn and the disciples of Diara will crush you all like the bananas yu so value. Chooser yure buddians wel zooboo, otherwise yu wil not make anything pass the lowest mesures of a true mightyest and powerful Scorn warriors. Beter yu should turn yure back on thise weaker humans and choose to server yure soul as a loyal and willing servant of the Scorn. The true warriors of the galaxies, with speed of the lights and power magestry of the centuies of power and strengths beyond mere humans knowledges. L0L0L0l

Zbooo
06-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Maximuminpg levels wil not help yu humans yu will not meat the tests beeten by our mightyiest of warriors and their astoundiling powers of saucery, the mightyness that is Scorn and the disciples of Diara will crush you all like the bananas yu so value. Chooser yure buddians wel zooboo, otherwise yu wil not make anything pass the lowest mesures of a true mightyest and powerful Scorn warriors. Beter yu should turn yure back on thise weaker humans and choose to server yure soul as a loyal and willing servant of the Scorn. The true warriors of the galaxies, with speed of the lights and power magestry of the centuies of power and strengths beyond mere humans knowledges. L0L0L0l

First of all my name is not zooboo, its Zbooo. Other than that, that's pretty much it.

Sentinel
06-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Black star is out Monday yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssss

ratava
06-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Black star is out Monday yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssss

You mean we might see footage Monday from the Xperia Play booth?!

Ayc2000
06-03-2011, 03:47 PM

grr, for a second i thought he ment it's coming out for the public...

WoundedEagle
06-04-2011, 09:07 AM
I hope it comes out soon

IStrobe
06-04-2011, 06:29 PM
I don't want to wait anymore...................................

maddogcharlie
06-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Anyone going to be there on Monday? We could really use some hot intel about the game.

ratava
06-05-2011, 03:56 AM
Anyone going to be there on Monday? We could really use some hot intel about the game.

Devs said they are busy and it's dev only event so we're rolling Plan B this time: Codename: Varking, I'll pm him. ;)

Sentinel
06-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Black star is playable Monday you people don't no how to celebrate

ratava
06-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Black star is playable Monday you people don't no how to celebrate

No press source has confirmed it will capture and relay footage/screenies and info yet, I'm sure they will but how long to write up etc?.. so just waiting for those, before popping open the bubbly. ;)

maddogcharlie
06-05-2011, 01:58 PM
Devs said they are busy and it's dev only event so we're rolling Plan B this time: Codename: Varking, I'll pm him. ;)

Activate the 'Varking' !!!

Spacetime are now on the exhibitor list located at Booth 713 South Hall Spacetime booth at E3 (http://e311.mapyourshow.com/3_0/floorplan_link.cfm?show_id=e311&exhid=spa0753&booth=713)

If Varking can get a DNA sample of a Dev we can get it back to the lab here, clone it and then interogate the clone to see what is happening at Spacetime. (Cause everyone knows the clone will have a kinda subliminal telepathic link to its original) .....except maybe we dont need any Cinco DNA.......yeah anyone except Cinco. The world couldnt take more than one Cinco LOCO and after the whole Alice Abernathy incident we cant take a chance.
Edit Footnote : Alice is also a lot more attractive than Cinco

Kalielle
06-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Lol was browsing the forum index and it gave me a start when I saw this:

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab156/kaleylegends/blackstaropen.png

maddogcharlie
06-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Kalielle, rofl just saw that too, Sam needs to allow me to put entries in the 'bugs' thread so we can put "aint no bugs in OUR zone !!! - official UCDF policy" message. The 'Never' is a bit misleading LOL. I suspect a Scorn plot.:banana:

UCDF Weekly Statement
"Troopers awaiting assignment to United Colonies Starship Blackstar should ensure family members are aware of their imminent departure within the next few weeks. Those preparing for combat should continue to practice skills in the Pocket Legends simulator and conduct detailed research with a variety of movie archives on Alien encounters. Finally we recommend stocking appropriate personal resources such as popular beverages, high energy foodstuffs and and any required medications."

Mkcecil
06-06-2011, 09:18 PM
STS will let us know, for now all we can do is be patient.........

Aww I wanna start a cwal group, who wants to join? xD
And patience is hard to learn sometimes

maddogcharlie
06-06-2011, 11:16 PM
CWAL - 'Cant Wait Any Longer' LOL (I did have to google it)
Great idea Mkcecil, Im putting together a fansite so would be happy to post any storys anyone cares to write, fueled by a frustration with the waiting (Hey dont they say - all good artists have to suffer sometime?).

Mkcecil
06-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Lol A fansite would be pretty but I think that alot of people are super excited about the starlegends and want it to come out as soon as possible but at the same time we don't want alot of glitches and bugs that ruin the experience of playing a game we have been patiently waiting for.

deafmaster
06-07-2011, 10:39 AM
ˆagree with Mkcecil..... but i think were not they only ones they gotta worry about ;-)  lol

IStrobe
06-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Still waiting!!

Mkcecil
06-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Ah true it does have to pass though apple but I would hope by now apple notices that this is a great company and they do not want to break any rules or regulations placed by apple corporation lets hope it passes though apple fairly quickly so we may enjoy the hard work of STS and apple. But I would throw most if not all the credit to STS and there workers please keep up the good work STS :) and for the CWAL group you guys know where they came from right? And the reason they were created? Not that it is important but I think we should all put a little sentence for our group: "Participant of CWAL for Star Legends" but please throw me some ideas or whatever is on your mind about the release of starlegends.

PvP
06-07-2011, 02:09 PM
I'm still waiting. And waiting. And waiting. For blackstar. One of these days it will happen. I don't care if I spend every night staring at the sky waiting for a shooting star. Just wait till' I find one.

ratava
06-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Latest tweet 48mins ago:

Star Legends will be out when it's done... No really, it will be soon! Expect more information as the press gets to see it at E3. (http://twitter.com/#!/starlegends)

Sentinel
06-20-2011, 09:17 PM
I hope it comes out soon I'll kill to play the freaking game

Sentinel
07-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Any body know when it will be out yet

Zerious
07-20-2011, 10:53 PM
Any body know when it will be out yet
within the next week apple should have it reviewed and since it WILL be approved, (confidence) it'll be available then.

So estimating next wednesday or beforehand

Flowman
07-20-2011, 10:59 PM
Sentinel why would you bump this old thread when there are tons of others threads pertaining to the exact same topic?

Sentinel
08-09-2011, 06:51 PM
New to forums