PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic Golem

Fyrce
05-09-2011, 01:03 AM
Ok, maybe I'm especially dense...

I've killed this guy lots of times before tonight but tonight...

First, it's VERY difficult to use the blue orb. Most times, even if I'm on top of the orb/pillar or behind it, I get hit by a stone and die. It took me a bit, but the safest spot seems to be just in front of the pillar. It's not a big spot. You have to be pretty precise or you die. Sometimes, it looks like the blue orb disappears and an errant rock hits me, i.e. the explosion isn't done but the blue orb is done.

Second, even if you plat respawn, the golem will not recognize you are around and heal up. Actually sometimes, if you are fighting him but a teammate dies, he decides he's healing up anyways.

Third, even if there's no one in the room and the golem heals up and is in his reset spot, his orbs will still time and fire. You can watch this forever. From a safe distance.

Fourth, sometimes, when the orbs JUST start up and have not exploded, you still die. For no reason, even as your xp is full. So I"m guessing he's got a different instant death that no one can see. I've asked my group mates and they did not see a thing. Just walk by a red orb, instant death. Not explosion and red orb is still rotating and explodes later. They have not exploded yet. Of course, you're still dead.

Safest way seems to be to invite some high levels to kill it before the orbs explode too much.

Usually I manage a few blue orb safes before one of these other issues kills me.

Oh, Fifth, the orb near the door explodes very far. You need to go all the way out to the wide area to be safe.

There does seem to sort of be a safe spot near or at the middle of the room but it's pretty hard to figure out.

Anyways, instant death w/o any orbs/rocks exploding must be a new feature. I'm discovering lots of new features.