PDA

View Full Version : Market Crash

Titanium
09-11-2015, 10:47 AM
I was just thinking lately about how easy market can crash. How a worthless item can cost 30x more tomorrow or how can easy price will decrease in just few minutes. We all been affected by these sudden changes .

* Singe's egg crafting ingredient for Nekro's egg . Singe costed almost 3x more after the announcement.

* Pirate loop rings. I don't know if many of you played back then it hit the ruby of shuyal market harder than Naxbot's Vendore Store. Many sold their mythic ring for nothing and bought and overpriced epic ring. It's no joke. A lot of people lost gold.

* Rumour about Arcane Weapons getting upgraded to a higher level.

STS should think about a way to avoid market crashes by naming all their changes which can affect the market at every 3 months.

For example many people are saying eyes gems are going to cost more after halloween, i have my personal doubts .

IF StS will release a a craftable mythic weapon and the crafting ingredient is dragonite bar. Guess how much bar will cost in the next hour. ( just an example )

IF STS plans to maket an pet which can make Nekro's shield look like a JOKE. Nekro's price would decrease. ( just an example )

I know many of you don't like it but the only thing which it worths hoarding is YOUR GOLD. Nothing else. But i can give you only one advice to be protected by these kind of changes. If tomorrow plans to release mythic weapons and you are getting one from a crate/chest sell it right away. Don't keep it. Many will loot those weapons . I never been hardly affected by the any of the market crash and I don't have the gold to influence any item on market.

This thread is strictly about the market crashes. Arcane Shard's price made me write this down, a friend wanted to buy shard for 1.5m 2 days ago and i told him "don't". He listened and thank me today. The supply of arcane shards is higher with Naxbot around and those 10000 arcane shards kept in stashes.

I would have only 2 questions for STS doe . Is there any new jewel with stats near eye and paracelsus gem? How about mythic weapons level 46, are they coming with the Halloween event ?

Ipoopsy
09-11-2015, 11:10 AM
I was just thinking lately about how easy market can crash. How a worthless item can cost 30x more tomorrow or how can easy price will decrease in just few minutes. We all been affected by these sudden changes .

* Singe's egg crafting ingredient for Nekro's egg . Singe costed almost 3x more after the announcement.

* Pirate loop rings. I don't know if many of you played back then it hit the ruby of shuyal market harder than Naxbot's Vendore Store. Many sold their mythic ring for nothing and bought and overpriced epic ring. It's no joke. A lot of people lost gold.

* Rumour about Arcane Weapons getting upgraded to a higher level.

STS should think about a way to avoid market crashes by naming all their changes which can affect the market at every 3 months.

For example many people are saying eyes gems are going to cost more after halloween, i have my personal doubts .

IF StS will release a a craftable mythic weapon and the crafting ingredient is dragonite bar. Guess how much bar will cost in the next hour. ( just an example )

IF STS plans to maket an pet which can make Nekro's shield look like a JOKE. Nekro's price would decrease. ( just an example )

I know many of you don't like it but the only thing which it worths hoarding is YOUR GOLD. Nothing else. But i can give you only one advice to be protected by these kind of changes. If tomorrow plans to release mythic weapons and you are getting one from a crate/chest sell it right away. Don't keep it. Many will loot those weapons . I never been hardly affected by the any of the market crash and I don't have the gold to influence any item on market.

This thread is strictly about the market crashes. Arcane Shard's price made me write this down, a friend wanted to buy shard for 1.5m 2 days ago and i told him "don't". He listened and thank me today. The supply of arcane shards is higher with Naxbot around and those 10000 arcane shards kept in stashes.

I would have only 2 questions for STS doe . Is there any new jewel with stats near eye and paracelsus gem? How about mythic weapons level 46, are they coming with the Halloween event ?

They should never release teaser like I said before about stats for certain items/ eggs. Name of those are fine.

Here's a real live example: analogy below

STOCK MARKET

Think about that...

If you don't know what I'm talking about, just ignore this...

Ebezaanec
09-11-2015, 06:06 PM
They should never release teaser like I said before about stats for certain items/ eggs. Name of those are fine.

STOCK MARKET

Think about that...

This.

MMOs can be good economic simulators in many cases. The arrival of a new mythic set in the game can be compared to the release of Samsung's new phone. No one knows how significantly it will impact the economy, but there's always speculation.

A market crash is the economy's way of adapting to changes in supply and demand. If people suddenly need Drag bars to craft, then the supply in auction would be depleted until it reaches a higher price (equilibrium). As more and more people complete their Orcslayer sets, the demand for insignias will decline but the supply will still increase. As a result, the price falls (equilibrium).

People see an opportunity and they seize it. Sometimes it pays off and sometimes it stings. Even if STG released info ahead of time, it would still cause what you call a market crash (as soon as they release it).

Trenton
09-11-2015, 06:16 PM
Did shards go from 300k to 1.5m to 500k again?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Itzzybizzy
09-11-2015, 06:18 PM
They should stop doing teasers....

Makes the event boring! We would rather be surprised on the day of the event and figure out what's new and what's not....

Sts always tells us what's needed before crafting or how to do this whatever... Needs to stop we need the events to be

They always announce the stuff going into the event and I always think to myself we don't even get to play the event and we know 100% of it

extrapayah
09-11-2015, 06:24 PM
teasers are okay, until certain level of detail

hallowring
09-11-2015, 06:32 PM
arcane shards raises and drops like a tennis ball lol(^v^)

Wutzgood
09-11-2015, 09:25 PM
Lol I remember the pirate rings. Those rings were the worst glitch ever in this game. That epic ring made the blood ruby look like crap when it was the best by far. I remember some people lost millions that weekend.

Picture an epic ring that has a lot more damage than the arcane one now and dropping from stages.

Dimitrian
09-11-2015, 11:52 PM

STOCK MARKET

Think about that...

Well first time i agree with you,lol.
I think they already stopped making teasers.

Titanium
09-12-2015, 08:07 AM
Friday teasers didn't affect the market. This problem is since I'm playing arcane legends.

We crashed the market. we ask for buff nerf buff nerf nerf buff buff nerf all the freaking time. We can't accept our outdated items will not be the best after 2 seasons.

STS should make a public announcement in the beginning of each season with the mythic/arcane items ( pet/ring/amulet/helm/vest ) which will be released . Also during events we should be able to make gold to purchase new items but what we did ? " we don't that gem, i don't have time to farm " , " that pet was a mistake it shouldn't come back but if sts plans to give me one free i won't say no" . Our greedyness makes the market crash and our need to don't let our beloved items rest in peace.

Haligali
09-12-2015, 08:13 AM
Lol I remember the pirate rings. Those rings were the worst glitch ever in this game. That epic ring made the blood ruby look like crap when it was the best by far. I remember some people lost millions that weekend.

Picture an epic ring that has a lot more damage than the arcane one now and dropping from stages.

Was one of the best glitch, made some profit with the cheap archon rings. It was too oblivious that those rings are glitched. Glitch farming ftw, game is else boring.

e'dria♡
09-12-2015, 11:41 AM
Lol why are these people blaming the market crash to teasers? I find it so helpful since teasers will help you know stuffs ahead of time! This doesnt make the market crash! It might just cause sky rocketing on items for a quite of time (e.g. shards) however it continues to drop once again! supply and demand, folks. Not the teaser.

Dimitrian
09-12-2015, 04:32 PM
Lol why are these people blaming the market crash to teasers? I find it so helpful since teasers will help you know stuffs ahead of time! This doesnt make the market crash! It might just cause sky rocketing on items for a quite of time (e.g. shards) however it continues to drop once again! supply and demand, folks. Not the teaser.
Well,in a way it does...
The teasers sts gives us are sometimes lacking important information.
For example,let's say that sts introduces some craftable weapons,but in the teaser, they only show the images of them.
Of course,there must be that guy who says "they will be craftable with arcane shards!!! Buy them all while they are cheap!!!".And then,bye,bye,economy...
But the economy rises and falls everytime.When i finished my first dragonite bar about a month and a half ago,i asked my guildies if i should sell it or should i keep it,and they said that i should sell it, cause bar price will never go up.So i sold it to a guildie for 2m,and after ursoth event (useless event btw),bars were 3.5m,and now they are close to 2m.

And now, the shards got high in price because it was announced that Stampy will need one.And they will fall in a few days,after event comes out they will rise again,and so on.

Personally,i don't say that sts should stop making teasers,i say that they should give us more detailed information.
For example:sts introduces the craftable weapons i mentioned earlier,and everyone will get dissapointed when they learn that they have bought shards for nothing,and that the weapons need a new ingredient.

And they should make a teaser for the lore of the event.I really want to know what is going on...

Madnex
09-12-2015, 06:17 PM
The title of this thread is misleading. "Questions to STS" would be better. Also, ironically, by having them answer this you'd create another "market crash" (eg. if they hinted at an eye jewel or new mythic weaponry).

Finally, it wasn't Naxbolt that filled the market with arcanes, those were the new arcane odds in the rengol crates. It didn't take rocket science to figure the supply of shards was many times over any possible demand either (unless recipe was for the next best pet and each egg needed 10 of them) when people had each hoarded dozens in their stash.

Titanium
09-12-2015, 08:14 PM
The title of this thread is misleading. "Questions to STS" would be better. Also, ironically, by having them answer this you'd create another "market crash" (eg. if they hinted at an eye jewel or new mythic weaponry).

Finally, it wasn't Naxbolt that filled the market with arcanes, those were the new arcane odds in the rengol crates. It didn't take rocket science to figure the supply of shards was many times over any possible demand either (unless recipe was for the next best pet and each egg needed 10 of them) when people had each hoarded dozens in their stash.

First week was the big explosion of arcanes from rengol crates. I doubt are the same odds like before. It's no rocket science but many felt for it.

You can't decrease the price of eye gem with a simple " it will be a new jewel " ( since we don't have no idea what this jewel does ) . I'm pretty sure paragem's price didn't decrease or increase when eye gem was released since both are so different. Either if it will be a mythic weapon , the price is going to drop slowly everyday until halloween .

Novyaj Zeanreh
09-13-2015, 06:04 PM
I guess 70% on this game don't have Forum account. so please stop making teaser Friday and just release right away and
look what happened to shard's price many new players wondered why the price just suddenly went up with a blink of and eye.

Caabatric
09-13-2015, 06:41 PM
All players have access to forum.... (and it is advertised on load up screen)
In the arcane ring example forum members were just as misinformed as regular players before the release. Only 2-3 players managed to buy the shards from the market.... The rest just realized why the market went up.

Also when game is just released sts receives no feedback. (ursoth event anyone??)

The teasers provide valuable feedback to sts.... Rememebr gambling on the forums is a risky business. (singe egg required for Nekro egg craft anyone??)

Also forum players are more exposed to buff nerf trends, and are usually the players that lose out on or gain on these items.

G-M
09-14-2015, 09:04 AM
One thing I've noticed is that some people undercut other merchants very aggressively on the consignment shop.

Here's an example:

The lowest priced Arcane Shard is listed at 685k.
The next lowest is priced at 720k.

That's a 35K difference. Instead of dropping the price by 35k at a time maybe try listing your shard at 719,999 so the price only drops 1 gold at a time. That aggressive undercutting of prices drives the market down very quickly.

Allows.
09-14-2015, 09:12 AM
One thing I've noticed is that some people undercut other merchants very aggressively on the consignment shop.

Here's an example:

That's a 35K difference. Instead of dropping the price by 35k at a time maybe try listing your shard at 719,999 so the price only drops 1 gold at a time. That aggressive undercutting of prices drives the market down very quickly.

This post should be shown to all Auto-Leveler's.

Greatankush
09-14-2015, 09:17 AM
This post should be shown to all Auto-Leveler's.

Yup
My tyranica was undercut by 100k 3hrs ago still there -_-

extrapayah
09-14-2015, 09:34 AM
there are reasons of undercutting, they might need quick money, or the things are not selling even if we listed in 3 days, etc

these are things that are complicated to control, and auction house's price has never failed to reflect real value of many things

Haligali
09-14-2015, 10:54 AM

Here's an example:

If i wanna buy something and i see that there is 719,999 and 720,000 i'll go buy the 720,000.

Edward Coug
09-14-2015, 11:44 AM

Here's an example:

You seem to have pointed out a problem, but if there is a solution in your answer, I don't see it.

If you really want to keep values high, you should institute higher liquidation amounts. Or, I don't know, make the new myth set worth getting.

The same is true for jewels. Frankly, I'm surprised prices aren't lower than they are.

Candylicks
09-14-2015, 11:50 AM
there are reasons of undercutting, they might need quick money, or the things are not selling even if we listed in 3 days, etc

these are things that are complicated to control, and auction house's price has never failed to reflect real value of many things

That's it exactly. I can't stand relisting items .. .which you have to do basically all the time unless you indeed do put in in there for significantly less than the person above you.

epicrrr
09-14-2015, 01:34 PM
Whenever i post in CS i am willing to undercut the items as much as long as the profit is within acceptable amount.

with conditions:
*I already have the pet/item
*The one im using is better
*Item demand
*Availability
*Time of the year
*Do i need a quick gold regarding of profit.

example.

Lowest Nekro posted is 4.5m
I am willing to go as much as 4.1m-4.2m as long as i breach 4m mark.

The way I see it, Nekro are everywhere and are being crafted by everyone just now 3 Nekro got finished on our guild, I already have it, If someone will buy it and sell it for 4.3m or 4.4m I am perfectly fine with it , give and take. What i see as a problem if I post as 4.499m and the next posted 4.900m no matter if we undercut it by 1 or 50 its not going to sell or is going to be sitting there for a while, so you'll try "vending" it on towns then all youll get as an offer is 4.1m or 4.2m.

Even if you did not post in CS, and try selling via "shouting" or "vending" on town map, AL player nature will undercut it by ((4.5m cs list fee) + town discount) so in the end youll still end up selling 4.1m-4.3m,

Even if the lowest Nekro listed got adjusted to 4.3m then the whole thing will adjust with it so youll now get a 3.9m-4m offer.

This undercut value of 1-100/1000 only works for items with little value (energy kit 15k, jewels).

Ebezaanec
09-14-2015, 10:41 PM

Here's an example:

That's the consequence with a free market system.

A transaction will only occur when both parties (buyer and seller) are satisfied. If seller's price is too high for the buyer, the transaction would not occur, and vice versa.

"Aggressive undercutting" only happens when the prices of auction do not reflect the general demand of the economy. Like I said before, players will only buy if the price is right. Sellers, who are all motivated to cut their losses, will undercut to have their assets sold. If runaway undercutting is present, it means that the price has not reached market equilibrium (a price that does not fluctuate significantly).

Undercutting is natural. The items are simply overvalued in most cases.

P.S. Controlling prices won't work. Sellers would actually lose money by undercutting by 1g. If people don't buy, sellers won't get paid.

Newcomx
09-15-2015, 01:42 AM

Here's an example:

If I'm as a buyer, 1 gold difference not interest me to buy. I'm just wait for other merchant who need gold quickly and undercut their price aggressively. Except if I really need the item.

Titanium
09-15-2015, 01:50 AM
I usually don't buy from cs. I look for what i need in towns and forum. I'm paying maximum 10% less of the item listed in cs which costs between 0g -2m. For other items with a higher value than 2m im paying 200k less or more.

Undercutting only decreases item's value in towns .

Haligali
09-15-2015, 09:38 AM
I usually don't buy from cs. I look for what i need in towns and forum. I'm paying maximum 10% less of the item listed in cs which costs between 0g -2m. For other items with a higher value than 2m im paying 200k less or more.

Undercutting only decreases item's value in towns .

Except the many cases, when people in towns selling for more than auction price. Dunno what they think.