PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate scam: the most convenient way to prevent it

e'dria♡
09-12-2015, 01:26 AM
Hello,

Just to push this case up. Banning this scammer wont do anything. Why? Because he can simply create a new account and scam all over again. If he gets banned with the scammed items, no big deal as its not his anyways, it wont affect much to him since he havent spent a penny on those gears.

IMHO, the best way to prevent from getting scammed like this is to let everyone be aware with this way of scam.

The thing that i would propose is:

Adding note like : duplicating your things will just get you scammed, dont fall for it. (Or something like that)

This note should appear on the chatbox along with the welcome notes when we first log in to AL. The note appears first than the guild note.

Once everyone is aware that duplicating items isnt real, the scammer itself will stop from doing this thing since hes already out of victims.

Thanks for reading.

Spell
09-12-2015, 01:51 AM
Yesss this is a great suggestion! +1

Wazakesy
09-12-2015, 01:56 AM
I remember there used to be notes of "Do not listen to... your gold can't be doubled!" IDK where those msgs went. It used to show when u hit the character interface

Trojan2100
09-12-2015, 09:05 AM
Basic common sense should be enough

becovve
09-12-2015, 09:10 AM
why dont sts make a block server so when they scam and make a new account they got ban permanently again and again if they use the same connection

mesalin
09-12-2015, 10:17 AM
Great idea +1 to add it

Serancha
09-12-2015, 10:19 AM
Hello,

Just to push this case up. Banning this scammer wont do anything. Why? Because he can simply create a new account and scam all over again. If he gets banned with the scammed items, no big deal as its not his anyways, it wont affect much to him since he havent spent a penny on those gears.

IMHO, the best way to prevent from getting scammed like this is to let everyone be aware with this way of scam.

The thing that i would propose is:

Adding note like : duplicating your things will just get you scammed, dont fall for it. (Or something like that)

This note should appear on the chatbox along with the welcome notes when we first log in to AL. The note appears first than the guild note.

Once everyone is aware that duplicating items isnt real, the scammer itself will stop from doing this thing since hes already out of victims.

Thanks for reading.

There is already a notice on the login rotator that says something like "there is no way to double your gold - this is a scam". At least it used to be there. Anyone with any logic at all should be able to deduce that this goes for items as well. Besides, if someone actually had the ability to do this, why are they offering to do it for players in towns, rather than using it to get rich themselves? Nobody is that much of a philanthropist in a game.

e'dria♡
09-12-2015, 11:29 AM
Basic common sense should be enough

Im glad i have one however theres alot of newbies out there who have no idea what was going on. Cant blame their innocence.

There is already a notice on the login rotator that says something like "there is no way to double your gold - this is a scam". At least it used to be there. Anyone with any logic at all should be able to deduce that this goes for items as well. Besides, if someone actually had the ability to do this, why are they offering to do it for players in towns, rather than using it to get rich themselves? Nobody is that much of a philanthropist in a game.

If there was a note before then good, however i havent seen it now. They should re-apply it and put it as visible as it should be.

Kakashis
09-12-2015, 02:41 PM
It surprises me that people actually fall for such a scam. Common sense is in order!

Caabatric
09-12-2015, 09:00 PM
It surprises me that people actually fall for such a scam. Common sense is in order!

Greed far outways common sense...
I am sure you have heard the phrase blinded by greed.....

Ebezaanec
09-13-2015, 01:38 PM

Everyone should have some in their inventory.

jo-jo
09-13-2015, 11:43 PM
Shouldn't both be banned? The scammer and the player attempting to cheat?

mesalin
09-14-2015, 12:00 AM
Shouldn't both be banned? The scammer and the player attempting to cheat?
They should... Also if we have screenshots and sts see it.

noobseller
09-14-2015, 07:02 AM
Big News!

>>> As long as STS doesn't return item's as long scams continue PERIOD! <<<