PDA

View Full Version : How much life is left in Pocket Legends?

Eliott
05-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Given that the main spine is now free and with the upcoming Blackstar, how much longer do you think PL will continue to be updated and supported?

I know that last year there was talk of adding pets, guilds, houses etc to PL but do you really still have hope of seeing these things now?

I think we have a far better chance of getting these features in Blackstar instead and I can understand if PL development slows down over the next 12 months as, excuse the pun, a new star is born.

karmakali
05-09-2011, 10:46 AM
I think the guys at STS are creative enough and driven enough to keep PL alive and kicking ***. We are all looking forward to B* as well, but I believe that most of us will balance both games. I have no doubt that the devs will do their best to keep both updated and interesting. Just my opinion :)

innovateer
05-09-2011, 10:49 AM
I think both games share the same underlying engine so a lot of the Blackstar development will find its way into PL too. I imagine there are probably three dev teams: game engine, Blackstar content, PL content so they can all make progress at the same time. I don't think PL is going away any time soon.

ratava
05-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Already answered:

We have ramped up. We were 6 when we launched PL, we are 13 now, will be 18 in a couple of weeks, continuing to grow :)

We will always have people dedicated specifically to PL, and guilds are very close to the top of the list in the PL development queue.

We are launching Blackstar (and more) to give you guys a wide variety of mobile multiplayer games to play. All your account info and plat will carry across all our games. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?18990-Will-the-launch-of-a-new-game-effect-pocket-legends-development&p=201147&viewfull=1)

Guilds is supposed to be in PL before B* last I heard.

Redbridge
05-09-2011, 11:22 AM
In my opinion there is still plenty of life left in PL's legs yet.

If they introduce a really good guild interface and a detailed immersive crafting/craft farming content then it would bring a whole new aspect to the game.

As mentioned, I don't think they are far from either and/or both.

Also thinking B* will continue to bring people the other way into PL in the distant future. There are thousands of new players joining regularly so am thinking the only problem for the dev team with respect to PL is how to keep both the new players and the end game players happy.

Just my opinions

Major
05-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Ya PL won't just be forgotten or pushed away once B* is here but most of the attention will definitely be diverted. STS will make sure to keep PL fun for everyone but B* will surely be thier main focus as I'm sure it will be a much more fun game to play. Only time will really tell, but PL will keep going and continue to update with bigger and better features, especially since many of us have spent a bunch of time and money on it.

thugimmortal
05-09-2011, 11:50 AM
Spacetime studios have a team working on pl and a team working on b*.
so i would think that the content will still be released dont forget pocket legends is thier baby that brought them to fame so its not easily forgotten.

KingGiant
05-09-2011, 01:21 PM
They are pouring revenue into TONS of adverts for PL so they will never "forget" or let PL just die off. STS recently said they expanded their team with alot of new hires. I see that both games will receive the same amount of attention and updates.

Pandamoni
05-09-2011, 01:39 PM
When a parent has new a baby he/she doesn't stop loving his/her first child just because the second child is born.

Zeus
05-09-2011, 01:58 PM
When a parent has new a baby he/she doesn't stop loving his/her first child just because the second child is born.

Thats not how it works? Good to know... I was going to do that. -ducks-

Pandamoni
05-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Thats not how it works? Good to know... I was going to do that. -ducks-

LOL! I tell myself that because I am the youngest of 3!

Zeus
05-09-2011, 04:57 PM
LOL! I tell myself that because I am the youngest of 3!

Wouldn't that make you the most loved? Lol. I'm the oldest. My mommy doesn't give me any love xD. Just kidding, although. It's a bit weird now to get constant attention from my mom. Lol.

KingGiant
05-09-2011, 05:36 PM
I am the youngest of my siblings (27) and I still get the most attention lol. So basically we better hope that PL isn't treated like the "older child"

Genes
05-09-2011, 06:46 PM
I understand Now why the main spine is forever free. It has to be free With the current order and chaos, and the rising black star. with these 2, Not many people will be left playing pl anymore. With The main contents now free, at least they will draw a certain percentage of players who do not like to pay for a game considering the tons of free games they could get from app store or a jail broken iPhone.

Conradin
05-09-2011, 06:50 PM

Lol blackstar started being developed first.

Pandamoni
05-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Lol blackstar started being developed first.

Lol then the op's point becomes moot. :|

WhoIsThis
05-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Considering the recent release of a technological roadmap, I'd have to argue that the devs clearly see plenty of future in the game. Note that in the prior roadmap, most of the changes said were eventually implemented.

Genes
05-10-2011, 06:15 PM
CaO is really wow as in woots! Kewl! Already see afew familiar names there. But a big difference felt is the devs and community support. Here, it feels like a family... :)