PDA

View Full Version : Please review/rate us in the App Store or Android Market!

asommers
05-28-2010, 02:49 PM
If you haven't, can you take a little bit of time and update/add a review for us in the App Store or Android Market? Say whatever you like, just be honest.

Thanks!

-ALS

Royce
05-28-2010, 02:50 PM
I reviewed previously, but I always forget they don't count as much once an update it out. Will update my review.

Gwendaline
05-28-2010, 05:31 PM
............:) pterodactyl

amn624
05-28-2010, 09:55 PM
If you haven't, can you take a little bit of time and update/add a review for us in the App Store? Say whatever you like, just be honest.

Thanks!

-ALS

Will do soon. Just want to say right here that you guys have done a phenomenal job. I know there's much more to come and I'm looking forward to it all. Thanks.

Mysteriane (lvl 34 Enchantress)
Mysterione (Archer in training)

Evante
05-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Will get on it = ). I think that this is a great game that not alot of ppl know about... I wish that this was top 10 free apps for like a week, then ppl will know about this more, and join.

Prest87
05-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Already done

Infamous-D
05-29-2010, 01:56 AM
Just did. You guys are awsome keep up the hard work it's much appreciated :)

Proud LEGENDS member:D

Furrawn
05-29-2010, 10:30 AM
I'll go do it now...

Again, thanks for allowing us to give feedback and for creating such a great singular breakthrough gaming experience...

UPDATE:
It'd done. I gave a stellar review. It was easy since it was true:)

ratava
05-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Updated review for v1.2

What a great game - that's the problem with the app store, it took me a month before I found PL's !!

Support for game is really worth making clear, especially compared to other apps. Definitely seems PL's is the No.1 Supported App, that I've experienced.

Violentsaint
06-04-2010, 09:09 PM
i posted review when it first came out and regularly update my review, adding any improvements that have been added (also it puts my review at the top of review page again)

in the australian itunes store under the free role playing category pocket legends is 17th.

it really grinds my gears that games like Mafia wars, Girl Wars, Ninjas live, street racing, imobsters, kingdoms live etc are more popular..

all those games combined arnt as good as pocket legends, only thing i can say is there completely free as far as i know.

Barbamitsos
06-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Ill go write a review right now!!!!

vulgarstrike
06-11-2010, 10:46 AM
my review for 1.2.1 is the most helpful ^^

Interim7
06-19-2010, 05:05 AM
For you, anything. Five stars, even.

Done.

ratava
06-30-2010, 07:17 AM
Just updated my review for 1.2.1

Love all the updates, polishing, news and expansions. The cut-scenes are very cool, too. Never had any real problems, bugs or such with this game - seriously impressive standards. : )

Touch Arcade has included Pocket Legends in an exhaustive & useful list of cracking games for the iPhone in the Role-Play genre.

tryser
07-02-2010, 09:51 PM
5 strs, keep up the good work

Sled
08-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Rated it a 5: :D

Bludd
11-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Before update easily five stars.
After, you're lucky if you get three from me.

I highly reccomend taking this thread down so people don't remeber to rate you in the app store.
You REALLY don't want people you just screwed over telling the world what they think about you.

Lesrider
11-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Oohh good idea! Haha

Osi
11-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Reviewed based on what I have experienced so far.

jonboy
11-12-2010, 01:30 AM
Which is nothing right osi?

Osi
11-12-2010, 09:35 AM
Which is nothing right osi?

Obvious troll is obvious.

jonboy
11-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Obvious troll is obvious.

Woot, now that's a first for me, going in my sig, btw have you actually got to play yet? :)

Osi
11-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Its an awesome quote, slashdot crowd uses it often. Not yet, only login screen and patch download screen so far.

jonboy
11-12-2010, 03:34 PM
It's perplexing, that is for sure.

bygamer
12-15-2010, 10:00 PM
well well good

Otukura
01-27-2011, 10:50 PM
4-starred + lengthy review in the Market.

There wasn't a 4 1/2 star... :/

Arterra
01-27-2011, 11:55 PM
lol i love getting reminded i am the second image...

ratava
04-11-2011, 04:01 AM
I reviewed and rated on the App store 5*s - still Top 5 Best Games in the App Store and Best MMO on the mobile, easily.

Here's a detailed review/score for your forumites if you are interested in comparing to your own accessment:

1 Gameplay/Controls: 8/10

Reason: Controls work very well on a tiny screen. Tap-Combat is simple to pick-up with a little improvisation and learning eg achieve Kiting is aweome on the mobile. Downside: Button-mashing and pot-spamming gameplay reduce the sense of actiony-combat. (Bumped up by 1pt due to gcd improving the game imo)

2 Graphics/UI/Presentation: 9/10

I really like the art-style of this game tbh (cartoony seems work for this dungeon-crawler). Bright colors, cool effects and attention to detail on all the little things adds up with the character models designs (incl. all the mobs eg aliens/zombies) the pick of the bunch. V impressive.

3 Sound/Music: 9/10

Sound effects are buzzy and the music is mellow and atmospheric. Pitch perfect almost and not excessively in your face but neither is it too sparce. V cool. In fact SELECTION is very strong (bumped up score by 1pt after re-review eg swamps sounds etc).

4 Role Playing/Level Design: 6/10

Quests have now been added for some time and there is some story there with the speech bubbles and named NPCs. The level maps are well designed mazy dungeons but levelling is quite grindy eg becomes more grindy each level beyond 35. This suits some players but for me, it is tiring to repeat the same thing but with more/harder mobs for more expensive item drops so imo this is the weakest part of the game. But as I like the dungeon-crawl more than quests this does not bother me that much, personally.

5 Value/Price: 10/10

Unbeatable value: Freemium allows free content endlessly up to lvl 13 (or used to) and expansions are always added and sales always available for a huge and continually growing game feels like there is always something to do and the game is very alive/never beaten eg some of the game hrs and farming some players have got up to... sheesh! :D

6 Fun (ie overall combined effect): 8/10

Longevity is partly there due to large size/instancing and complex stats of the combat but the grind dulls the enjoyment slightly for me. However being able to play an mmo with other ppl so seemlessly means PL will be an app I ALWAYS keep on my iPhone and after a healthy break the fun is always returning wiping mobs/getting phat loot and so on.

7 Community (how social is this game?)/PvP: 7/10

Friends lists, chat features and lots of players online. The design means players are happy to help each other out a lot and find a game and generally enjoy the gameplay and have a laugh atst. The guardians of alterra idea is neat too. Solid. However getting a PvP game for me when I randomly log in always seems to be a problem and the lack of checking on how other players or teams are doing in some global list I think hurts the competition here. So although good community some fo the community features are lacking imo.

8 Performance / Lag/Technical achievement: 10/10

Another 10/10. Never experienced any major problems. Lag occurs occassionally when a lot of "sh*t" is happening on screen, but incredible performance is lightyears ahead of any other app I've got.

9 Customer Service/Dev Support: 10/10

The number of patches and updates (av. 1.x per day) is better than many pc mmorpgs...

Summary: Rating give an indication of my thoughts on the game. Comments are just fluff to expand on the scores as a whole. I would rate this game "fitting to the curve" ie only a few games would rate above 80% :)

tl;dr: 10 Overall Score 86%

summerinside
04-12-2011, 10:32 PM
This evening I left the following review in the iTunes App Store along with a one star rating:

Pocket legends used to be one of the absolute top games for the iPad.

This version represents a significant turning point for the worse. Primarily, Spacetime Studios tweaked some gameplay timers (specifically a cool-down for skill usage), that slowed the gameplay down beyond unenjoyable. Additionally, they have been creating a slew of new opportunities to spend money in-game (like new faces and the ability to fart in-game).

Yesterday, I would have rated this game 5 stars, no question. Today, the game gets one star and the hope that Spacetime Studios can realize the negative impact on game play that these new changes bring, and recover quickly.

Justg
04-13-2011, 06:43 AM
This evening I left the following review in the iTunes App Store along with a one star rating:

Change is necessary, and it always happens in MMOs. We would hope that you knew how we do things before bashing us in the App Store. Usually when a large patch goes in we gather feedback, watch, play, and listen before we iterate on it. We wish that you would have chosen to hang out with us for a couple of days and iterate on this instead of rushing off to flame.

Junside
04-13-2011, 06:55 AM
All these hasty judgements must pretty discouraging. I'm trying to see it from your perspective, so this is simply a bump in the road. My rating is still 5*, from beginning and still. You know, if a month from now, bugs started to appear, hackers, little or no support for smaller issues(this is the best part, it feels personal :)), no update, and the player maturity level dwindled to poor language and behavior, I'd have to decrease the rating. I only haven't yet because I know by now you guys do things with intent to improve gameplay, and will listen to feedback from players. Even though a lot of them, against better self-image, are being rude as hell.

wvhills
04-13-2011, 06:57 AM
I'm not trying to flame but I do understand summerinsides frustration. Since the update came out you guys have been going around saying that you listen before you iterate (whatever that means) but before the update came out you an announcement out about it and had 30+ pages of comments about it. At least 95% of the comments I read were against GCD. Instead of listening, like you say you do, you went ahead and established it anyway.

People are frustrated that you've ruined a game we love and are desperate to get you to truly listen. I hadn't even thought about leaving an app review but will do so now.

Also, how is anything Summerinside said considered flaming? I think it's an accurate, well thought out review. It may not be an opinion that you guys want but I would in no way consider it flaming.

Junside
04-13-2011, 07:13 AM
I'm not trying to flame but I do understand summerinsides frustration. Since the update came out you guys have been going around saying that you listen before you iterate (whatever that means) but before the update came out you an announcement out about it and had 30+ pages of comments about it. At least 95% of the comments I read were against GCD. Instead of listening, like you say you do, you went ahead and established it anyway.

People are frustrated that you've ruined a game we love and are desperate to get you to truly listen. I hadn't even thought about leaving an app review but will do so now.

Also, how is anything Summerinside said considered flaming? I think it's an accurate, well thought out review. It may not be an opinion that you guys want but I would in no way consider it flaming.

I think its a major stressor that so much anger is being laid on the devs over this. If you guys saw, not many of the people who have been around for longer than 2 months have said outraging comments. We all know they will tweak the game to better our experiences. I agree there was much opposition to the idea of GCD, but you know, they can always remove it again if it's that horrendous. Or at least add some smaller changes.

I want to show a thread where they clearly did try to listen to us (or one particular individual or groupd) and made changes accordingly. You can see what happened. No, yes, no yes... it'd drive someone insane.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16522-Not-sure-if-this-makes-any-sense-but-I-m-even-more-bored-now&highlight=shadow+caves

ECHUSER
04-13-2011, 11:48 AM
I think its a major stressor that so much anger is being laid on the devs over this. If you guys saw, not many of the people who have been around for longer than 2 months have said outraging comments. We all know they will tweak the game to better our experiences. I agree there was much opposition to the idea of GCD, but you know, they can always remove it again if it's that horrendous. Or at least add some smaller changes.

I want to show a thread where they clearly did try to listen to us (or one particular individual or groupd) and made changes accordingly. You can see what happened. No, yes, no yes... it'd drive someone insane.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16522-Not-sure-if-this-makes-any-sense-but-I-m-even-more-bored-now&highlight=shadow+caves

heres another thread which proves the devs listen.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?23181-Boot-message-should-be-public

wvhills
04-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Once again, I'm not trying to flame. I know the devs say they listen and you've got some examples. I hope they do listen and take GCD away. But what I don't understand is that a month ago they put up a thread announcing GCD was coming and, if I remember right, that thread had 30+ pages of replies. The vast majority of these replies were against GCD. I just wish they would have listened then instead of plowing through with it in the first place. The customers said they didn't want it, we got it anyway, now we're saying we hate it and we're told "we're listening". I'm going to give them til tomorrow to see what they come up with before I rate in appworld. If GCD is still with us then I'll be forced to give it a low rating.

ECHUSER
04-13-2011, 12:11 PM
i was reading some of justG's posts and i believe by days end they will decrease the cool down period so it'll still be there but it wont be as noticable. i personally hope they get rid of it all together but i'm willing to try out the update.

Dyclonious
04-13-2011, 12:49 PM
Why a global cool down?

1) It doesn't balance anything, because it applies to everybody.
2) It makes combos nearly impossible.
3) Plenty of other ways to buff/nerf things.
- (PvE) Increase the hp, dmg, and defense of mobs & also add new def/offensive abilities. Add de-buffs to players when entering a more difficult encounter.
- (PvP) Make it easier to farm high quality gear. Adjust dmg output scaling. Add vulnerability after x amount of time/kills.
4)All spells & abilities are instant cast, add in latency, throw in GCD, and you have a headache.
5) A GCD on buffs? Takes a mage a good 3 or 4 seconds to buff. Which by that time his whole party just died & or he lost the duel.

Conclusion:

A GCD mostly forces users to button mash their touch screens so they can get off an ability as soon as its ready. Before, it was a battle of quickness of mind, combo decisions, split second buffs! Reaction times were everything, and it was exhilarating!
Now, one spends more time on tapping their touch screen than they do on actual game-play. Or to even enjoy the game, the environment, and community...
To be honest, I feel confident that these problems will be addressed. It would be pure negligence otherwise, and I have faith that these Devs aren't like that. They did make a freakin' awesome game, remember...

ardonemis
04-13-2011, 03:03 PM
GCD makes me change from 5 stars to max 2.
Makes me sad. Loved this game so much.

wvhills
04-14-2011, 08:49 AM
I rated the new version last night myself.

JemNI
04-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Change is necessary, and it always happens in MMOs. We would hope that you knew how we do things before bashing us in the App Store. Usually when a large patch goes in we gather feedback, watch, play, and listen before we iterate on it. We wish that you would have chosen to hang out with us for a couple of days and iterate on this instead of rushing off to flame.

Yeah, guys, WE are the testers. THink about it like that rather than this change being the end-all be-all. Give constructive feedback here in the forums and they will listen. As I understand with the GCD they were trying to fix an issue with multitouch users able to simultaneously launch all their skills. It's an unfair advantage in PvP, but I think it could be kept in PvP only. I'll wait and see if they reduce it to make it less annoying. I do find it awkward and distracting to watch all the skills refresh so I can see which one to fire next. Meanwhile, my party is dying and so am I! Ack.

SUPAPRODIGY
04-14-2011, 05:24 PM
yes i will rate 10/10 muahah even thought its starts 5/5? yea boy

todoparamicelular
04-15-2011, 08:38 AM
I did rate the game. After the first month in august. 4 stars and then 5. But because players are not being heard I have just rated again. Global cool sown issue, is generating a global discontent. Sorry guys, is not personal, but when you are told about a fail,/and you don't listen to customers, and people who makes this game so unique, the only way to stand up for the things you truly believe in... is to use the weapons you have.

The game was awewome before, and not so cool now.

Yours always,

Beautifuly

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-15-2011, 08:45 AM
i already did like the first month it came out.. but ill do it again ! L:)

Echelong
04-15-2011, 08:49 AM
Kids please give the GCD a chance, this game was to easy before and now it is still easy. You just need to put in a little more strategy than just smashing all the skills at once. I understand that people don't like change but this is very minimal compared to the first .5 second GCD. This game is still a 5 star for me and after everyone settles down they will see this is more benefit for everyone in the game.

shanmarie33
04-15-2011, 03:27 PM
Kids please give the GCD a chance, this game was to easy before and now it is still easy. You just need to put in a little more strategy than just smashing all the skills at once. I understand that people don't like change but this is very minimal compared to the first .5 second GCD. This game is still a 5 star for me and after everyone settles down they will see this is more benefit for everyone in the game.

That is true, but for most players, ease and speed are necessary because it is a mobile game. GCD just takes alot of the fun out of pve. Waiting and hoping for a solution. PL really was wonderful without it. Thanks devs for so much hard work.

JaytB
04-15-2011, 04:18 PM
That is true, but for most players, ease and speed are necessary because it is a mobile game. GCD just takes alot of the fun out of pve. Waiting and hoping for a solution. PL really was wonderful without it. Thanks devs for so much hard work.

True that, only thing is it's still fast with the latest tweaks. I really don't see much more time needed to complete anything compared to before gdc.

Anyway, 5 stars glowing review on it's way :D

Edit: done :D

Justg
04-15-2011, 04:33 PM
True that, only thing is it's still fast with the latest tweaks. I really don't see much more time needed to complete anything compared to before gdc.

Anyway, 5 stars glowing review on it's way :D

Edit: done :D

U rok, thanks!

JaytB
04-15-2011, 04:37 PM
U rok, thanks!

Ooh! I see a quote for my sig ;) if you say so, it MUST be true :)

Leonadritia
04-22-2011, 10:17 AM
I find this game to be perfect in so many ways, the support is excellent the community welcoming. Constant updates and attempts to iron out bugs, an ever expanding playerbase.
Well done StS, well done.

Azuless
04-23-2011, 12:03 PM
Hi, I have tried now a couple of times to try and rate pocket legends but for some reason with no success any ideas why this could be? I went to reviews filled it all out but nada.... This game is defo 5* :))

ratava
04-23-2011, 12:28 PM
Hi, I have tried now a couple of times to try and rate pocket legends but for some reason with no success any ideas why this could be? I went to reviews filled it all out but nada.... This game is defo 5* :))

In the Apple app store? If so you might be updating an old review? If so, then complete a new title and change the body text... it seems to help the review get published I'm guessing. Also bear in mind it takes a while for the review system to update.

Yup no problems reviewing on the 'ol PC.

Updated review: 5*s

vol
04-23-2011, 12:38 PM

I had same problem on ipad, but opened itunes on pc and had no problems. Changed my ratings from 1* back to 5* as all seems pretty good now

Josephjackson
04-23-2011, 09:07 PM
I agree.. The skills cool down adds talent and possibly precision in pvp.. This is what I
beleive makes games fall under the epic catagory.......... Also.. I rated this five stars.. But the new chat filter and other changes im expecting are starting to change my five star opinion.. Epic game.. Lets keep it that way.

Samhayne
04-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks everyone for taking the time to rate us in the App store. The game wouldn't be what it is without you!

Onafeasacoz
06-07-2011, 01:23 AM
Ill go give it 5 stars and a great review, right noww

JaytB
06-14-2011, 03:39 AM
i like pie. blueberry pie, apple pie, pumpkin pie, mmmm pie. pie brings us all together and makes the world a better place. i would vote for pie to be president. pie motivates me to fulfil my dreamsThe pie is a lie :p

Slush
06-14-2011, 04:09 AM
Lol, my sister was fooling around.

Aculeas
06-15-2011, 10:14 AM
1* ... You know what you did -_-

JaytB
06-15-2011, 10:18 AM
1* ... You know what you did -_-I don't know what they did, but isn't this a bit harsh for a game you obviously must have liked a lot (judging by your sig)? O.o

Bakoffmycandy
07-22-2011, 03:06 PM
I rated 5 stars & commented soon after I started playing!

Samhayne
07-22-2011, 03:47 PM
I rated 5 stars & commented soon after I started playing!

Thank you!

Tvis
07-22-2011, 04:32 PM
1* ... You know what you did -_-

What'd they do?

Skeletonlord
10-01-2011, 09:57 AM
i have reviewed in app store

Kiwihawk
03-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Done it as soon as i started playing and got to know the game 5 stars all the way

PL_Keaton96
03-03-2012, 04:55 PM
I posted a 5 star rating on both, for i play on my android tablet and also on my iPhone :D

Back
03-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Gave a 5/5 for PL and 1/5 and for SL (totally disappointed). SL is not at all fun atleast for me

Coke
05-23-2012, 06:03 AM
If you haven't, can you take a little bit of time and update/add a review for us in the App Store or Android Market? Say whatever you like, just be honest.

Thanks!

-ALS

Don't worry ALS, This definitely is a Ginormous 5 Star Rating! I am glad to be a proud Pocket Legends member! :D

Tortega
05-24-2012, 11:53 AM
Rated and commented :) Best Game EVER!!! especially cuz i found great Friends on there too :)

starfletcher
06-04-2012, 07:38 AM
Rated it a full five in Android and gave an honest review

thecrankybearsam
06-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Already did long long ago when cavemen still existed. 5 stars of course!