PDA

View Full Version : Elixir Changes Coming in Version 1.7.2

Samhayne
05-09-2011, 04:19 PM
We want to give everyone advance notice that Elixirs will be upgraded significantly in the next client update of Pocket Legends, version 1.7.2. We have heard a lot of great feedback about Elixirs recently and are acting to improve them significantly.

In Version 1.7.2

Elixirs available to buy for Gold.
Elixir buffs will persist after death or changing regions.
Improved Elixir management.

After you purchase an Elixir, you will find a new button on your character screen called “Elixir Buffs”. Tap on the “Elixir Buffs” button and you will be able to see how much time is remaining on your current Elixir.

Elixir buffs do not work in PvP.

The Elixir timer is a real world countdown. The counter is running all the time. For example, if you purchase a 30 minute Elixir and then go right into a PvP match (where the Elixir won’t affect you) that takes 10 minutes, when you finish PvPing, you will have 20 minutes of Elixir buff remaining.

There are 3 main categories of Elixirs that will be available for purchase in Version 1.7.2.

1.5x effects – purchasable for Gold. 5 minute duration
2.0x effects – purchasable for Platinum. 5 & 30 minute duration
3.0x effects – purchasable for Platinum. 5 & 30 minute duration

Within each of the above categories there are different Elixir effects.

Damage increase
Armor increase
Experience increase
Combination of Damage, Armor, Experience increase + run speed and luck bonus.

Here is the complete breakdown of Elixirs in 1.7.2:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/images/misc/samhayne/elixir/Elixirmatrix.jpg

We'll have more information about 1.7.2, including when it will be submitted and when we could expect to see it live, in the near future.

We look forward to your feedback about this new system.

judgementbow
05-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Thank you! Looking forward to it.

Kossi
05-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Woot! Finally

thugimmortal
05-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Thanks sam yeah thats awsome at least theres some to buy with gold
and i take it the 30 minute elixers will carry on from dungeon to dungeon.

Sentinel
05-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Good when will this be done

Samhayne
05-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Thanks sam yeah thats awsome at least theres some to buy with gold
and i take it the 30 minute elixers will carry on from dungeon to dungeon.

Yes, you can go from dungeon to dungeon with any Elixir - the effects persist. Use the new Elixir buff display on the character menu to keep track of how much time you have left.

Bgandyful
05-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Nice compramise

Samhayne
05-09-2011, 04:37 PM

When 1.7.2 is submitted and makes it's way through Apple approval. So, still weeks away. This is an advance look at what is coming.

Rebel
05-09-2011, 04:37 PM

Date and more info will be released in the near future.

Edit: I so would have beaten you if I wasn't using an IPod, Sam. ;)

Kingofhurtz
05-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Yipeeee :D

azulflame
05-09-2011, 04:43 PM
about time

I'll edit this for further details later

FluffNStuff
05-09-2011, 04:43 PM
How will these be affected by server updates? I ask because it could become an issue.

Bobloblaw
05-09-2011, 04:44 PM
looks like the quest to 56 will begin again :)

pokerking2121
05-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Absolutely sastified with the developers response. Thank you very much for listening to our feedback :)

Justg
05-09-2011, 04:46 PM
How will these be affected by server updates? I ask because it could become an issue.

What do you mean Fluff?

Ladylove
05-09-2011, 04:48 PM
You guys are wonderful! I think everyone will be pleased.

karmakali
05-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Win-Win situation from my perspective. Gold options and plat options...sounds like what everyone has been asking *cough*whining*cough* for. Great job listening to player feedback!

DawnInfinity
05-09-2011, 04:50 PM
40 plat Wicked Dumpster Punch = intense.

btw. I think Fluff is asking what would happen to our elixirs if there were a server update. Ex: I buy a 30 min elixir - 10 minutes later a server patch is announced. Game goes down for 10 more minutes, what will happen to the elixir?

Justg
05-09-2011, 04:54 PM
40 plat Wicked Dumpster Punch = intense.

btw. I think Fluff is asking what would happen to our elixirs if there were a server update. Ex: I buy a 30 min elixir - 10 minutes later a server patch is announced. Game goes down for 10 more minutes, what will happen to the elixir?

o i c ... I think they would get stomped :(

Edit... We prevent you from buying them if we have announced a server-shutdown so that should help. The timing is absolute, so if we only bounced for a minute (which is typical) then you would still receive your remaining time.

Example: We announce a server shutdown in 5 minute. You try to purchase an elixer but cannot.

Another Example: You purchase a 30 minute elixir. 5 minutes later we announce a shutdown. 5 minutes later we shutdown. 1 minute later we are back up. You would still have 19 minutes left on your elixir.

We'll work through all the edge cases with you as they happen, but we'll always try to be as fair as we possibly can.

DawnInfinity
05-09-2011, 04:58 PM

It sounds like something that would happen rarely, but I imagine we would compensate you for it if you emailed support.

Simple enough. I feel like this situation could potentially cause problems, and I foresee some really angry people who bought 40 plat pots who lost them during the update. Maybe a little note or something directing them to email support?

Moogerfooger
05-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Good compromise, as others have said. Seems like a win-win for everyone, in relation to the way it is currently. Love the persistant effect, I always hated losing elixir effects if I zoned somewhere, or died.

Sure, some people will complain about the 2x and 3x xp not being available for gold, so get ready for that....but I think this is a good step towards a compromise between costs-of-STS and costs-to-players.

Sentinel
05-09-2011, 04:59 PM
So has the update been submitted to apple

Sentinel
05-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Good compromise, as others have said. Seems like a win-win for everyone, in relation to the way it is currently. Love the persistant effect, I always hated losing elixir effects if I zoned somewhere, or died.

Sure, some people will complain about the 2x and 3x xp not being available for gold, so get ready for that....but I think this is a good step towards a compromise between costs-of-STS and costs-to-players.

Your right I hate thatceverything is plat also I wish plat could be bought for gold just like buying gold for plat

Moogerfooger
05-09-2011, 05:01 PM
So has the update been submitted to apple

We'll have more information about 1.7.2, including when it will be submitted and when we could expect to see it live, in the near future.

No.
/10char

Moogerfooger
05-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Your right I hate thatceverything is plat also I wish plat could be bought for gold just like buying gold for plat

Buying plat with gold will never, never, never happen. I'm stupid sick of people asking or complaining and wanting everything for free. With the exception of maps, plat is only for OPTIONAL items that no one NEEDS.

Plat is how STS makes money. Which they need to keep the game online, make new content, develop B*, and pay for all of Cinco's Red Bull. They do a pretty good job of balancing making money with keeping our costs low, compared to other games.

Kossi
05-09-2011, 05:19 PM
GEEZUS!
40p for an elixir!
thats nearly 10 dollars for a pixel that lasts a few minutes!

noobmigo
05-09-2011, 05:22 PM
The only problem = 40 Plat for a 30 minute elixir.
Well....

Maybe 20 is a more reasonable price...and even that makes your eye pop.

Thasaint
05-09-2011, 05:25 PM
YES!!! Elixers can be bought with gold again! I can finally level!

KingGiant
05-09-2011, 05:26 PM
40 plat is just for the 30min 3x EVERYTHING elixer. I think all the prices look pretty fair. Only super rich kids with all of pops money to burn will really take advantage of those 3x all elixers. After all with 3x everything anybody would have no problem soloing for those 30 minutes.

drewcapu
05-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Pretty good choices.

Personally, I wouldn't even bother with 5 minute Plat elixirs.
30 minutes is a good amount of elixir time.
If it goes well, will there be possibilities for even longer duration Plat elixirs? I know there are people out there with $ to burn ;)

spookytooth
05-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Nice, cant wait wanna make a mage soon and start my birds grind to 60, i can use all the help i can get lol

Wrap
05-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Whoo hoo sounds good :)

Corpser
05-09-2011, 05:38 PM
sounds good guys cant wait.

is anything else going to be added with this update?

sabermage
05-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Will there be a "Store Unavailable" message prior to buying elixers if the server will be going down so that we don't buy and then get kicked for a maintanence?

Ladylove
05-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Will there be a "Store Unavailable" message prior to buying elixers if the server will be going down so that we don't buy and then get kicked for a maintanence?

Edit... We prevent you from buying them if we have announced a server-shutdown so that should help. The timing is absolute, so if we only bounced for a minute (which is typical) then you would still receive your remaining time.

Example: We announce a server shutdown in 5 minute. You try to purchase an elixer but cannot.

Another Example: You purchase a 30 minute elixir. 5 minutes later we announce a shutdown. 5 minutes later we shutdown. 1 minute later we are back up. You would still have 19 minutes left on your elixir.

We'll work through all the edge cases with you as they happen, but we'll always try to be as fair as we possibly can.

Tadaaaaaaa.

JaytB
05-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Woohoo, this is great news :banana:

VERY pleased to hear this :D

Major
05-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Yeee Haaa, you guys rock!! ....thats like an oxymoron lol

NeoQueen
05-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Thank you very much for the old elixir options. Although I've been okay with not using elixirs it would be a nice way to break up the monotony. Now I will probably level up that Mage that hasn't gotten much use lately.

dballah
05-09-2011, 06:14 PM
I love how the pl communities opinions are taken into consideration. You rarely see that in other games.

Smartress
05-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Best news of the day

braluk
05-09-2011, 08:14 PM
Is the timer based on STS servers or off our own phones internal clock? How does lag and ping affect the timer? If we hit red, does the timer stop until you can resume normal connection speed? Lastly, if we get disconnected suddenly (phone die, connection boot, etc..) how long does our character stay active in a map? Do we automatically get logged off the system or will the clock still continue running?

giayuan
05-09-2011, 08:30 PM
=) love you devs!!!
though im thinking right now.. does x1.5 for xp really even increase anything? :-/

LADYHADASSA
05-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Nice change :) this allows for all players to use elixers... 100 cheers for having an elixer threw death and map changes!

Fallenstarz
05-09-2011, 10:13 PM
Wow @ the chart!

KingFu
05-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Great! Question: Will those who bought for old plat prices get any refund? Just curious:) Ty Sam and devs!

Ayrilana
05-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Some of the pricing was a bit high and not consistent with the lower end version pricing. You want to price it low enough that people will be willing to buy it yet high enough that you'll still make enough money. Obviously the XP potions will likely be the best sellers. I'm sure the majority of players will be buying the 5 min ones more often since it's difficult to determine how long an XP/farming group will last.

I don't know what the rationale behind the original pricing but here's what I came up with (changes are in red):
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9007/picture11tg.png
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9007/picture11tg.png

Another thing you could do is implement a system where people can queue these up like how respecs were originally done. This would allow you to sell them in bundles at a discounted price so people have an incentive to buy them.

Can you also separate the gold and platinum versions in separate sub-menus so we don't confuse them?

Bleh at the typos I made in the chart

Otukura
05-09-2011, 11:49 PM
Could I stack GP elixirs, like buy two 1.5x XP pots, and would it last for 10 minutes?

kiitz
05-10-2011, 12:29 AM
The pricing is the way it is because it's kinda like an upsell. People who want the 30 min persistent elixir will often time want mainly the xp increase effect. However, after they have made their decision to get it, they get to the screen and see, hey... For only 6 more, or 10 more plat I could get 2x or 3x of everything else too!!! It just makes so much sense, they get the big expensive item with all the effects instead of the cheaper one.

It's the same reason a small soda at the theater can be $2.50 and the large which is like 2x the size is $2.75 and the extra large which is like 4x the size is $3. The buyer decides to get soda and ends up buying enough soda for a small African Village because it seemed like the best deal!!

Otukura
05-10-2011, 12:32 AM
The buyer decides to get soda and ends up buying enough soda for a small African Village because it seemed like the best deal!!

You're describing me perfectly. I'll just throw the extra in the stash!!

Jsaieagle
05-10-2011, 12:33 AM
Would the quest of the crown of persistence still there @version 1.7.2?

It's not rare any more if every one gets one (or three)

Fawayleik
05-10-2011, 03:36 AM
Nice. Nice.

Apostar
05-10-2011, 04:04 AM
I can live with this; nice compromise.

bronislav84
05-10-2011, 04:16 AM
We want to give everyone advance notice that Elixirs will be upgraded significantly in the next client update of Pocket Legends, version 1.7.2. We have heard a lot of great feedback about Elixirs recently and are acting to improve them significantly.

In Version 1.7.2

After you purchase an Elixir, you will find a new button on your character screen called “Elixir Buffs”. Tap on the “Elixir Buffs” button and you will be able to see how much time is remaining on your current Elixir.

The Elixir timer is a real world countdown. The counter is running all the time. For example, if you purchase a 30 minute Elixir and then go right into a PvP match (where the Elixir won’t affect you) that takes 10 minutes, when you finish PvPing, you will have 20 minutes of Elixir buff remaining.

There are 3 main categories of Elixirs that will be available for purchase in Version 1.7.2.

2.0x effects – purchasable for Platinum. 5 minute duration
3.0x effects – purchasable for Platinum. 30 minute duration

Damage increase
Armor increase
Experience increase

We look forward to your feedback about this new system.I notice in the List it says 2x is 5 minute and 3x is 30 but the Elixir Matrix says both 2x and 3x have 30 minute duration versions. That's a bit inconsistent.

Very much looking forward to this. Any chance we could get 30 minute 1.5x effects, please? Probably not gonna happen, and I'm thinking 30 minute durations on the plat versions are an incentive to buy plat. Either way it is a nice compromise I can live with, and was just wondering.
When 1.7.2 is submitted and makes it's way through Apple approval. So, still weeks away. This is an advance look at what is coming.What about Android? Why only mention that it is making it's way through Apple's approval? No info for the Android players, or is there no delay from Google?

Beanmachine
05-10-2011, 04:25 AM
Woo! But important question, what happens if you lag out?

Samhayne
05-10-2011, 04:26 AM
I notice in the List it says 2x is 5 minute and 3x is 30 but the Elixir Matrix says both 2x and 3x have 30 minute duration versions. That's a bit inconsistent.

Thanks, I'll amend the post for clarity.

Very much looking forward to this. Any chance we could get 30 minute 1.5x effects, please? Probably not gonna happen, and I'm thinking 30 minute durations on the plat versions are an incentive to buy plat. Either way it is a nice compromise I can live with, and was just wondering.What about Android? Why only mention that it is making it's way through Apple's approval? No info for the Android players, or is there no delay from Google?

Apple iOS and Android are updated at the same time so everyone is playing on the same version of the client.

NECROREAPER
05-10-2011, 05:03 AM
Sounds like a great update coming our way, I can't wait!!!

Thanks for all your hard work devs!

MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND
05-10-2011, 05:10 AM
Omg nice job! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::ban ana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banan a::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::ban ana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banan a::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::cool:

ONEQUICKNINJA
05-10-2011, 07:16 AM
Could I stack GP elixirs, like buy two 1.5x XP pots, and would it last for 10 minutes?

I was wondering that too, will we be able to stack up on elixirs????

Brandoboy
05-10-2011, 07:22 AM
elixir that gives x2 xp only buyable by plat ??

Samhayne
05-10-2011, 07:39 AM

No, the Elixir effects do not stack and the store will not let you purchase a new Elixir if you have a current Elixir effect on you.

Jsaieagle
05-10-2011, 07:39 AM

I don't think we can stack elixirs or we can lvl up in a few runs Lol

superglut2
05-10-2011, 07:58 AM
Much better then old system

DIRTYBURGERS
05-10-2011, 08:28 AM
I like the new gold / platinum layout however i do think the 30 min pots are a little on the high side for platinum. 40 is a little to much to spend for 30 min of buffs. 25 platinum seems more reasonable for the 3x.

rocket
05-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Overall looks really good. I would suggest that all the plat 5 minute elixirs be switched to 10 minutes as an extra incentive to use over the gold ones.

Also, the last two seem too expensive. I would much rather spend 30 plat for 2x XP for 90 minutes then 30 plat for 3x XP for 30 minutes.

Mathuyama
05-10-2011, 11:13 AM

In Version 1.7.2

2.0x effects – purchasable for Platinum. 5 & 30 minute duration
3.0x effects – purchasable for Platinum. 5 & 30 minute duration

Damage increase
Armor increase
Experience increase

lol i wanna see how the 40 plat elixir works. Maybe like WTF and u pown them like mage kills boss himself.

Deadsoldiers
05-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Great i am looking forward to the update

Snakespeare
05-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Great! Question: Will those who bought for old plat prices get any refund? Just curious:) Ty Sam and devs!

I think those were 2X elixirs, which are still plat. The 1.5X elixirs are new.

Duke
05-10-2011, 12:25 PM
What about Android? Why only mention that it is making it's way through Apple's approval? No info for the Android players, or is there no delay from Google?

Andriod apps don't have an "approval process". Take that as a positive or a negative at your discretion -- there are clearly pros and cons to either the android or iPhone app model. So the "long pole" in new releases is the Apple approval process, as both types of device will have new versions released at the same time.

Rusalio
05-10-2011, 12:54 PM
G or Sam,

Has anyone given any thought to the economical side of the Market and what this may do for prices in CS? Heck, for those where PLAT isn't a problem, would it be fair to say those who purchase the plat 16/10/40 options will and could potentially drive market? Bringing back the elixirs is great! Introducing the PLAT model makes great business sense, however just curious if there is a message here :)

csb
05-10-2011, 01:00 PM
So, the cost of the combo elixir is $5/hour or 84Kg/hour. And, the XP elixir is $4/hour or 24Kg/hour. Too expensive for me.

I suppose i can do the Hardcore Trash Can Punch for 6 plat during a sewer boss kill. It's only 37 cents.

The last time I did a sewer boss, we kept failing until we bought elixirs (due to the boss regen rate). It makes me think that the pricing model, indirectly, is to charge money to kill bosses.

Apocolypze
05-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Yaaaay! has 1.7.2 been submitted to apple yet or are u adding more stuff?

Ayrilana
05-10-2011, 02:32 PM
The last time I did a sewer boss, we kept failing until we bought elixirs (due to the boss regen rate). It makes me think that the pricing model, indirectly, is to charge money to kill bosses.

You don't need elixirs to kill the bosses. You never had to at 50 even. Your group just needed to know the strategy to beating the bosses.

drewcapu
05-10-2011, 02:39 PM
G or Sam,

Has anyone given any thought to the economical side of the Market and what this may do for prices in CS?

Do notice that when elixirs went plat-only, most people began collecting gold with nothing really to spend it on but items in CS and the occasional hp/mana potion purchase. As a result, prices for a lot of things went up quite a bit. With the re-introduction of elixirs for gold, you can expect prices for the popular items to lower just a bit as well.

Most of the high priced pink items are hard enough to loot where even if someone was using 40 plat elixirs all the time, they wouldn't necessarily loot pinks that much faster.

csb
05-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Do notice that when elixirs went plat-only, most people began collecting gold with nothing really to spend it on but items in CS and the occasional hp/mana potion purchase. As a result, prices for a lot of things went up quite a bit. With the re-introduction of elixirs for gold, you can expect prices for the popular items to lower just a bit as well.

I was running repeated Keeper runs as fast as possible to earn gold. A fellow player 'friend' that was hunting with me started the following conversation:

friend> Can I have some gold?
me> You are doing Keeper runs just like me, so u should have gold
friend> I'm always broke because I keep buying potions
me> Then stop buying them
friend> I want to level faster
me> I'm the same level as you, and i never used one potion
friend> Please, can i have some gold?

I predict a lot of poor players that wonder why they never have any gold.

Dartagnian
05-10-2011, 10:01 PM
I was running repeated Keeper runs as fast as possible to earn gold. A fellow player 'friend' that was hunting with me started the following conversation:

friend> Can I have some gold?
me> You are doing Keeper runs just like me, so u should have gold
friend> I'm always broke because I keep buying potions
me> Then stop buying them
friend> I want to level faster
me> I'm the same level as you, and i never used one potion
friend> Please, can i have some gold?

I predict a lot of poor players that wonder why they never have any gold.

I've noticed a TON of beggars recently. We'll see tons of them when this change goes through I'm sure.

I'm excited about it cause now I can reward myself with a potion every once in a while.

Btw, I'd dump the "friend" if they kept that up. Annoying!

bronislav84
05-10-2011, 10:47 PM
Thanks, I'll amend the post for clarity.

Apple iOS and Android are updated at the same time so everyone is playing on the same version of the client.And
Andriod apps don't have an "approval process". Take that as a positive or a negative at your discretion -- there are clearly pros and cons to either the android or iPhone app model. So the "long pole" in new releases is the Apple approval process, as both types of device will have new versions released at the same time.Awesome, I helped. :) You're welcome.

Thank you. Ah I see. So basically it depends on who's slower, which sounds like Apple is. When Apple approves, the Android version goes up too. Think I get it guys.

Slush
05-10-2011, 11:02 PM
1.5x? Yay... I'd rather have gold elixirs than the main spine free.

anglfyr
05-11-2011, 02:45 PM
40 platinum is it really worth spending just for the 3x potions?

IMHO, 40 plat for elixir is only worth it if youre leveling up.. its not worth it for boosting kills bec wen u level on balefort hideout (1st dungeon) - you will only get 30-40 kills per run. Its impossible if you want to improve your k/d ratio (when ur lvl 53 and up) and for armor.. I dnt think we need 3x armor when farming gold fever and etc because they are very easy now to kill. What do you guys think?

Vachdaddy
05-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Im just happy that Devs have heard what the players have said and given some elixers back to gold. I never used the higher price ones myself, so to me this is awsome. Thank you Spacetime

jaminn
05-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Awwww man I wish we could all get a "test drive" of the wicked dumpster punch...that woulds be the insane trash can punch wouldn't it...well what I ment is I would love to try it but that is too steep for me :(. Also is there any way to just buy speed or luck? Without the whole package I mean?

CanonicalKoi
05-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Thanks so much! No separate speed pot anymore, though, just Trash Can Punch? Or am I reading the spreadsheet wrong?

Register
05-11-2011, 03:50 PM
nice.......

FluffNStuff
05-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Not sure if these questions have been answered:
If you switch characters, does the elixir switch to the new character?
If not, will it be back (minus the time on the other character) when you switch back?
If you are DCd and come back, will the elixir still be there?
If you log off and come back, will the elixir still be there (minus the time you were logged off)?

judgementbow
05-11-2011, 04:29 PM
40 platinum is it really worth spending just for the 3x potions?

IMHO, 40 plat for elixir is only worth it if youre leveling up.. its not worth it for boosting kills bec wen u level on balefort hideout (1st dungeon) - you will only get 30-40 kills per run. Its impossible if you want to improve your k/d ratio (when ur lvl 53 and up) and for armor.. I dnt think we need 3x armor when farming gold fever and etc because they are very easy now to kill. What do you guys think?

I think the approach to the pricing needs to be changed. The way it is, if the majority of players even think about paying 40 plat then they won't sit there buying them all day. I don't see myself personally paying 40 plat even for something I get to keep forever (vanity hats are 10-15 plat?). Lower the prices and change a one time deal into something players will buy daily. Either that or make them last longer. This will be the only thing in game that has the potential to generate daily plat usage daily by a large amount of players. I could see myself paying 20 plat for elixirs a day while leveling if they last me most of the day. Who knows maybe one day I would use 40 plat, but as it stands I wouldn't even think about paying that much for 30 minutes.

When elixirs were coins only, 90% of the people I was with were using them. Now I've seen one person using an elixir since the change. So pricing is a huge deal. Not even thinking about player approval, if you look at it from a business perspective you'll see a few things. First, 3x damage is huge. Players wouldn't mind paying for a luxury like that. I just think this is a little too ambitious. I see more money and happier players from a majority of the players paying a lower price almost daily than a few hundred paying a higher price a few times a month. The main spine wasn't made free for no reason. They stand to make a great deal more money if they change income to something that can be purchased over and over again compared to a map where you only pay one time.

asommers
05-11-2011, 05:59 PM
We keep track of elixirs per character in real-world time. If you buy a 30 minute, then log out for 25 minutes, when you log in, you'll have 5 minutes left. Disconnects, character switches, etc. are all considered log outs.

We are, however, going to automatically refund elixirs purchased for Platinum that have not expired due to server downtime. So, if you buy a 30 minute elixir, and then 10 minutes later you get a message the server is going down in 5 minutes, you'll have your full Platinum amount refunded. We don't need to do this for gold because we give 5 minute warnings on server shutdown, gold elixirs are only 5 minutes, and you can't buy an elixir during the shutdown period.

We decided to keep the elixir list small to start with. The pure luck and pure speed ones weren't selling as much as the others.

Prices are what we came up with. If you don't want to buy the expensive elixir, buy the cheaper ones. As many of you know, we tweak prices all the time.

-ALS

tonygmoney
05-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Finally. Hope we see it soon..the only feed back i got is that you should make all the 5 min elixers gold and the 30 min elixers platinum..for those who have it could be worth the money...as you have seen nobody is gonna spend money on elixers unless their spoiled rotten or wealthy which is like a 1/3 of the population playin this game. Thats why i think you should make all the 5 min elixers into gold and all the 30 min elixers into plat. Feel me devs. MORE BANG FOR UR BUCK.

Avgen
05-12-2011, 10:54 AM
Saw the update announcement. Pretty disappointed...only 1.5x elixir for gold. What about the 2x elixir. I never really cared for the 3x elixir all that much and I'm happy for it to stay a premium plat item but the 2x...come on...it should be for gold, like it used to be.

Anyway, just saying.

JaytB
05-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Saw the update announcement. Pretty disappointed...only 1.5x elixir for gold. What about the 2x elixir. I never really cared for the 3x elixir all that much and I'm happy for it to stay a premium plat item but the 2x...come on...it should be for gold, like it used to be.

Anyway, just saying.

Still beats the plat only option that we currently have :)

Magicfrost
05-12-2011, 06:15 PM
I am very excited about this im going to be able to level my bird so quickly

aldoric
05-13-2011, 01:54 AM
sweet thanks :p

Leiver
05-13-2011, 11:58 PM
Very happy with the new system. This will improve things for everyone :)

One thing I would love to be able to do is purchase multiple elixers and activate them like potions. Have a third space next to your health and mana potions for your elixers so you can buy several and just tap to activate. Maybe need a popup or something to select which one if you have more than one type but would still be easier than going through the plat menu and finding the right one while everyone else is running ahead.

Slush
05-14-2011, 02:25 AM
Very happy with the new system. This will improve things for everyone :)

One thing I would love to be able to do is purchase multiple elixers and activate them like potions. Have a third space next to your health and mana potions for your elixers so you can buy several and just tap to activate. Maybe need a popup or something to select which one if you have more than one type but would still be easier than going through the plat menu and finding the right one while everyone else is running ahead.

I like the idea of using them as potions, would save a good amount of time if your elixir expired during a run. Maybe something like a auto-refresh would be nice.

Register
05-14-2011, 10:54 AM
yeah that would be cool but i accidently use a potion in towne wasting a potion and if the elixirs are right next to the potions I will use one and end up wasting either plat or gold...

azulflame
05-14-2011, 04:04 PM
Date and more info will be released in the near future.

Edit: I so would have beaten you if I wasn't using an IPod, Sam. ;)

it's kinda hard to type faster then samhayne's physic powers!

yeah that would be cool but i accidently use a potion in towne wasting a potion and if the elixirs are right next to the potions I will use one and end up wasting either plat or gold...

elixers are disabled everywhere except PvE games

Register
05-15-2011, 11:41 AM
oh ty for clearing that.

azulflame
05-15-2011, 12:33 PM
however, the countdown is still going on, but you do not get the effects.