PDA

View Full Version : Favors for Friends in Game?

Zeus
05-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Want to keep this as mature as possible. Please no flaming, bringing out people and your experiences just to shame the person.

So, just wanted to know about people's opinion on giving a friend a favor, like for example: Selling them an item, extremely below the market, because they needed it for themselves and their personal use, only to have them to sell it for personal gain.

Please note, if this thread gets out of hand or any flaming goes on, I will lock/delete it immediately.

Beanmachine
05-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Im kind of annoyed when it happens:o
But honestly I blame myself...

Conradin
05-09-2011, 06:21 PM
i Usually give friends somethinng i have free if they really need. I only do this with my close friend however.

Zeus
05-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Im kind of annoyed when it happens:o
But honestly I blame myself...

Yea, but I'm talking about them not actually using it and immediately selling it for a higher price.

Ladylove
05-09-2011, 06:25 PM
I hate it when people do that... The only times I've sold gifts, I talked to the people who gave them to me. Like selling my cosmos set to get rift because I wanted to change over. Mike didn't mind. I still have the shock lance he gave me :)

Conradin
05-09-2011, 06:27 PM
Lol TT once said "4/5 of the gifts he gave got sold". I find this anyoying (wasnt clear on this thread at first). I still have all the gifts that were given to me. The ones i sold, I told the erson i would sell it beofre it was given to me.

Kingofhurtz
05-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Anytime a friend wants an item I have or I think that they deserve it, I do my best so that they get it for free.

Conradin
05-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Anytime a friend wants an item I have or I think that they deserve it, I do my best so that they get it for free.

You have any Eathquake str gear? ROTFL

Beanmachine
05-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Yea, but I'm talking about them not actually using it and immediately selling it for a higher price.

I just saw random strangers thread...you sold for 80k cuz he really needed it, now hes trying to sell for 300k+ O.o

Major
05-09-2011, 06:33 PM
If you have an item a friend or even someone you know from the forums needs, then you should give them a deal, you never know when it might be the other way around!!

Zeus
05-09-2011, 06:34 PM
I just saw ...you sold for 80k cuz he really needed it, now hes trying to sell for 300k+ O.o

Which he did, 330k to be exact. But, mind removing his name? I didn't want this thread to bring out names :).

Beanmachine
05-09-2011, 06:35 PM
Which he did, 330k to be exact. But, mind removing his name? I didn't want this thread to bring out names :).

K all done, did he already sell it!?!

Corpser
05-09-2011, 06:35 PM
if they sell it for higher price i dont really want to be involved with them if they do it straight away but if they do it a few weeks down the track im okay with it but that said a gift is a gift so really once i give them it its there choice what they do with it. i have never had one of these experiences cause id only give stuff to my 3 closest freinds which are jpgskill, zushen, zipponator but im not very happy with zushen atm so yeah but i keep most of the gifts i get.

Zeus
05-09-2011, 06:38 PM
K all done, did he already sell it!?!

Yup.

/10 char.

Kossi
05-09-2011, 06:38 PM
My friend gave me a vyx hate when they were 1m
When the minute came where people were buying them for 1.5M, i sat back and watched the money drain as i didnt put it up or sale
Now theyre 100k

kallima
05-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Hmmmmm...usually my friends will just ask for things they need, I don't confirm with them if it's for profit. It would disappoint me if they sold something I gave as a gift but it wouldn't make me upset.

Beanmachine
05-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Yup.

/10 char.

Ouch, unlucky:/

If you want, I can help give you 1/330k:o

Zeus
05-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Ouch, unlucky:/

If you want, I can help give you 1/330k:o

Nah, it's not about the money. Lol. Or I wouldn't have sold it for that low in the first place. Just the abusing favors. If your going to get a favor from a friend, at least put it to good use before parting with it.

Kossi
05-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Yeah i dont to massive favors so often..
Well i gave you a 3x discount on that pink lv20 launcher, and you gave me a lv20 green doll for 45k
Also, dont like give someone a gift when its low price, and when it shoots to a mil, dont ask for it back for free

Thats like me going up to you and saying :" you know that lottery ticket i gave you that said you won?, well i want it back. Oh and no you get anything in return"

Survivorfan
05-09-2011, 06:45 PM
I hate it when I give a friend something and I see them sell it right after. I get that eventually they will sell it but not at that very moment. But...It is just a game. I dont get overly dramatic about it.

Duped
05-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Range, I only give stuff to a few select friends who I am confident in their character. I've got a partner in game that could have anything I owned if they needed it and all the gold in my stash too, but that is one person only, and the loyalty is mutual. If I found out my friends were getting steep discounts only to sell, that would be the end of the discounts too.

If I sold something to someone for a discount under the guise of them "needing it or wanting to collect it" and they turned around and sold for profit, that would be a marked man in my book.

If I were you, I'd count it as a lesson learned for cheap.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Zeus
05-09-2011, 06:59 PM
Range, I only give stuff to a few select friends who I am confident in their character. I've got a partner in game that could have anything I owned if they needed it and all the gold in my stash too, but that is one person only, and the loyalty is mutual.

If I sold something to someone for a discount under the guise of them "needing it or wanting to collect it" and they turned around and sold for profit, that would be a marked man in my book.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Yea, I got a few people like that xD. He was one of them. Oh well, life burns you at times, even in a game xD. I'll be closing the thread soon. ;P.

KingFu
05-09-2011, 07:07 PM
I don't mind if they wait a while and sell it. I've done it at times. If they sell it like one day later, then I do mind. I feel like I got cheated then. But like I said, if they enjoy and use it for a while, then sell it. Im fine with that.

ChadM
05-09-2011, 07:27 PM
My SO's dad has a designer shoe obsession. He makes piles of money, so flying to Hong Kong to go shopping for fancy Pumas is just sort of...part of his routine.

Anyway, I was over the other day, and he asked if I wanted any of them, he had probably 30 pairs of shoes, worn once or twice, all weird collectable designer shoes that I could probably sell on eBay for $100-200 a pair. I took them all, gladly, and brought them home, eager to try them on. He doesn't always pay that much attention to sizes or how/if they fit, so they range in size from US9 to US11, meaning some don't fit me.

I could have sold what didn't fit, but that felt sort of icky, so I gave them away to friends, instead. In keeping with the spirit of gift giving. Instead of making a quick few grand on eBay.

Obviously, we all come from different cultures and backgrounds, so we will have different views on that sort of thing. But that's my take, you don't try and profit from other's kindness meant for you.
http://www.pumasky.com/images/Puma-Mihara-Yasuhiro/puma-mihara-yasuhiro-5.jpg

Gluttony
05-09-2011, 07:27 PM
I give items to friends who say they need them and don't give it a second thought. I mean, I shouldn't have given it if I was going to get upset at how they decided to use it. Perhaps they actually needed gold and knew the item was expensive. Fact is I dislike selling items, and if they want to go through the hassle then they can be my guest. It's nice to think that in game friends would be honest about their intentions, but you never know why they decided to sell the item in the first place. I'm sure there are some favor counters out there, so just consider it a favor owed.

Zeus
05-09-2011, 07:29 PM
My SO's dad has a designer shoe obsession. He makes piles of money, so flying to Hong Kong to go shopping for fancy Pumas is just sort of...part of his routine.

Anyway, I was over the other day, and he asked if I wanted any of them, he had probably 30 pairs of shoes, worn once or twice, all weird collectable designer shoes that I could probably sell on eBay for $100-200 a pair. I took them all, gladly, and brought them home, eager to try them on. He doesn't always pay that much attention to sizes or how/if they fit, so they range in size from US9 to US11, meaning some don't fit me.

I could have sold what didn't fit, but that felt sort of icky, so I gave them away to friends, instead. In keeping with the spirit of gift giving. Instead of making a quick few grand on eBay.

Obviously, we all come from different cultures and backgrounds, so we will have different views on that sort of thing. But that's my take, you don't try and profit from other's kindness meant for you.
http://www.pumasky.com/images/Puma-Mihara-Yasuhiro/puma-mihara-yasuhiro-5.jpg

Lol! That made me laugh! :). Karma really does happen. Just my luck, I found another one of the same shiv's for the same price in CS. Lol.

Pandamoni
05-09-2011, 07:56 PM
I tend to stash things people give me because I never want them to come back and ask if they can use it and have to embarrassingly tell them I sold it. If I needed gold and the person had given it to me awhile ago and never asked about I would go tO them and ask if they care if I sell it. I have sold one thing someone gave me but he left the game and told me to sell it when he gave it to me. I made sure I had another of the same item though in case he ever starts playing again.

I try to not get annoyed about gifts being unappreciated because realistically it just feels nice to give things to others. It is hard to quiet the frustration/annoyance when a person isn't a gracious recipient (this can range from not saying thanks, asking for more and more or turning around and selling) but I try to keep in the state of mind and feel good place I was in when I was able to give a friend something.

Now, one thing I don't get is expecting your friend to cut you a deal. This is really more my philosophy in real life but if my friend owns a business I want that business to be successful and would want to support their business. I never ask for deals from friends BECAUSE I want to see my friends do well. Does that make sense? I'm typing on iPod lol

Zeus
05-09-2011, 08:13 PM
I tend to stash things people give me because I never want them to come back and ask if they can use it and have to embarrassingly tell them I sold it. If I needed gold and the person had given it to me awhile ago and never asked about I would go tO them and ask if they care if I sell it. I have sold one thing someone gave me but he left the game and told me to sell it when he gave it to me. I made sure I had another of the same item though in case he ever starts playing again.

I try to not get annoyed about gifts being unappreciated because realistically it just feels nice to give things to others. It is hard to quiet the frustration/annoyance when a person isn't a gracious recipient (this can range from not saying thanks, asking for more and more or turning around and selling) but I try to keep in the state of mind and feel good place I was in when I was able to give a friend something.

Now, one thing I don't get is expecting your friend to cut you a deal. This is really more my philosophy in real life but if my friend owns a business I want that business to be successful and would want to support their business. I never ask for deals from friends BECAUSE I want to see my friends do well. Does that make sense? I'm typing on iPod lol

Yea, good life lesson and opinion. I figured out you were typing from an idevice of some sort as soon as I saw the "tO". Lemme guess, the box somehow hopped while you were typing and took you to another part of the page, then when you found your way back to the post it capitalized the "O", because it thought you were typing a new sentence? Happens to me all the time. So dang frustrating.

Pandamoni
05-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Yep! So annoying especially because I try to correct every mistake :/

Zeus
05-09-2011, 10:05 PM
Thread Locked. *Click* Man! It felt so good to do that!