PDA

View Full Version : thinking about making a guide

NeoQueen
05-09-2011, 09:15 PM
So, I'm thinking about doing a type of Tips, Hints, and Tricks guide. This would be about telling others ways you've have found to play the game more effectively.

-- there would be things you do as a specific character to better help the team ( bears beckon to a corner or wall)
-- tips to counter the attacks of enemies (mages heal counters yeti freeze)
-- and things to avoid doing that can ruin others game play (selling items in the middle of a run)

I'm asking to see if players think there would be enough information to put in this kind of guide. It wouldn't have anything to do with beating specific enemies or have anything to do with build-a-character. Just some all around gaming knowledge to enlighten others that have yet to figure it out.

Also, if you think there is enough information out there to make this worthwhile, and you do want to contribute, I will put your knowledge in this guide with your name next to it so everyone knows who to thank.

So, what do you guys think?

DawnInfinity
05-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Sounds really awesome. If you need any help just let me know. (:

KingGiant
05-09-2011, 10:10 PM
This is a good idea, specially now that powerleveling is 98% gone people will have more of a reason to look at guides, and the main thing people need to learn is that PL is group oriented and to know their classes role in a group. I'm all for it.

xRaNdU
05-10-2011, 07:22 AM
It is a good idea. So many new people coming in, most of the stuff you mentioned I had to learn in game. Had I known before hand, could've saved me countless of deaths. Go for it. :banana:

NeoQueen
05-10-2011, 07:41 AM
So, I guess I will make this, but it really, really, really has to be a community effort.

So PL players dust off the old notes and contribute your nuggets of wisdom so that we can create a guide for everyone (not just newbies) so they can become better players!

Please and Thanks!

Duped
05-10-2011, 11:25 AM
It's a good idea, the only problem I could see it that it's so broad of a subject, but it's a nice idea.

NeoQueen
05-10-2011, 11:28 AM
It's a good idea, the only problem I could see it that it's so broad of a subject, but it's a nice idea.

I'm writing it right now, but i'm really not trying to talk about certain areas, or fighting bosses and things like that. I just want to focus on the character things I wish I had known about earlier.

I need some Archer tricks of the trade. Anyone have any contributions?

thugimmortal
05-10-2011, 11:41 AM
I too have thought about making a guide but what subject is left to do one about.
there are guides already for everything in game until there are new aspects to the game to write about i guess we are stuck.

NeoQueen
05-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Guide is made. Please help me out by leaving your feedback and your knowledge.

azulflame
05-10-2011, 04:46 PM
cough cough here (www.pocket-legends.com) cough